pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 601.
#5151 8 years ago

Hoooooly crap! I am even more pumped now!

#5152 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

This was shown at TPF tonight during the Alien presentation by Heighway Pinball!
It grabs & locks the ball!!

5c76ed1941739407e63253d483f60744ecdc3400.jpeg_(resized).jpg

Pretty fucking sweet and can't wait to see it in action. Does another alien mouth thing pop out of that mouth and grab the ball?

#5153 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Pretty fucking sweet and can't wait to see it in action. Does another alien mouth thing pop out of that mouth and grab the ball?

Pretty sure I remember reading back in this thread that it will.

#5154 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

This was shown at TPF tonight during the Alien presentation by Heighway Pinball!
It grabs & locks the ball!!

5c76ed1941739407e63253d483f60744ecdc3400.jpeg_(resized).jpg

Dammit there goes my wallet...... Again! 2016 is shaping up to be one hell of year for pinball.

#5155 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Does another alien mouth thing pop out of that mouth and grab the ball?

Yes. It has a magnet & grabs the ball!

#5156 8 years ago

How does the ball fit in the mouth? The teeth make it look like the opening would be too small.

#5157 8 years ago

I'm Interested in the le. Which US distributors are taking pre-orders for this? (preferably those offering free shipping?)

Who did you all go to for the best pricing?

#5158 8 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Who did you all go to for the best pricing?

I've bought direct from Heighway. Cointaker is US distributor.

#5159 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I've bought direct from Heighway. Cointaker is US distributor.

+1

#5160 8 years ago

Thanks ill hit up cointaker...

#5161 8 years ago

Looks sweet! Wish I could have seen that video...

#5162 8 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Thanks ill hit up cointaker...

Heighway are charging exceptionally reasonable air freight fees to the US. I suspect it may be cheaper to go direct with them.

#5163 8 years ago

Alright, enough of the secret, insider, good ol boy crap. Where's the video?

#5164 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Alright, enough of the secret, insider, good ol boy crap. Where's the video?

Quoted from Aurich:

Unfortunately Fox hasn't approved the video for public consumption yet.

Can only hope that they do approve it, and soon!

#5165 8 years ago

Apparently some public consumption has occurred.

Quoted from accidental:

Can only hope that they do approve it, and soon!

#5167 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Heighway are charging exceptionally reasonable air freight fees to the US. I suspect it may be cheaper to go direct with them.

$230 to my door from the U.K!

#5168 8 years ago

Me too...was in before the distributers were setup ( sorry for using wrong quote previously..hence the thumbs down)

#5169 8 years ago

Better angle

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5170 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Better angle

image_(resized).jpeg

Wow, now THAT's a quality toy.

#5171 8 years ago

Wow. If the whole game looks like this I will definitely buy one. This is amazing.

#5172 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Yes. It has a magnet & grabs the ball!

I was under the impression that the magnet was in the playfield, in front of the head.

#5173 8 years ago

Seeing that model really puts the "wait to see the entire final product" philosophy in perspective.

#5174 8 years ago

Looks super coo, but can it possibly be to scale? That thing looks massive to be on the playfield somewhere.

#5175 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Looks super coo, but can it possibly be to scale? That thing looks massive to be on the playfield somewhere.

It would certainly be one hell of a feature it it was to scale.

Looks cleverly sculpted to allow a ball guide round the back then presumably quite a hollow inside for the extending ball grab feature?

What ever it looks freaking badass

#5176 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I was under the impression that the magnet was in the playfield, in front of the head.

That magnet holds the ball still, & then the inner mouth comes out & snatches the ball into its mouth. In my mind it's looking pretty damn cool after seeing this Alien head!

#5177 8 years ago

So what would I like to see in an Aliens based pinball machine?

Quoted from Zampinator:

That magnet holds the ball still, & then the inner mouth comes out & snatches the ball into its mouth.

#5179 8 years ago

I'd really like to see that Alien head on the playfield or next to something of known size to get a better handle on the perspective. The thing looks huge, and I worry that it might really dominate the playfield.

#5180 8 years ago

#5181 8 years ago

I think that head looks sweet, and i dont think it's too big. Its going in a big wide body game that needs alot of "alien". That being said, kinda disappointed that this is all that is revealed. Show me a picture of a populated playfield.

#5182 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

I'd really like to see that Alien head on the playfield or next to something of known size to get a better handle on the perspective. The thing looks huge, and I worry that it might really dominate the playfield.

It won't dominate it any more than:
Castle(MM)
Prison (TWD)
Ring Master(CV)
Demon Head(KISS)
It's a wide body & it's going to look awesome!

#5183 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Better angle

image_(resized).jpeg

Yeeeaahh this pin is going to be I think Heighway is going to lift the bar again.
Good times for pinball

#5184 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Yeeeaahh this pin is going to be I think Heighway is again going to lift the bar.
Good times for pinball

Yep. They hit a homerun with Full Throttle! Aliens is going to be a walk off Grandslam! (Baseball season)

#5185 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

thing looks huge

"That's what she said" joke deleted.

If it were smaller I can hear the it's not big enough crowd chiming in...this is the problem revealing bits and pieces. People want to see things, then they get picked apart because you can't see the whole picture.

Lock it down Andrew, go dark. Show these maniacs all or nothing!

#5186 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

The thing looks huge

That's just because it's black.

#5187 8 years ago

^ hahaha. Nice Vid.

It won't dominate it any more than:
Castle(MM)
Prison (TWD)
Ring Master(CV)
Demon Head(KISS)
It's a wide body & it's going to look awesome!

You state this as fact. How can you do that? You might very well turn out to be correct, but until I see that head on the playfield, I remain concerned that it's going to look out of proportion similar to things like the Magneto figure on XM.

#5188 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

I remain concerned

wait for full reveal. Pinspeculation(tm) gets us nowhere

#5189 8 years ago

cant wait for my full throttle , now seeing this makes the wait even worse !

#5190 8 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

cant wait for my full throttle , now seeing this makes the wait even worse !

You will not be dissapointed

#5191 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

^ hahaha. Nice Vid.

You state this as fact. How can you do that? You might very well turn out to be correct, but until I see that head on the playfield, I remain concerned that it's going to look out of proportion similar to things like the Magneto figure on XM.

How can you state your concerns? Oh yeah, its a forum! It's a rebuttal to your initial remarks. I pointed out several pins with very large toys that "work" quite well. Plus I already own a Heighway pin, & it is pure pinball genius! Fact! So my faith in them is much higher than yours.

#5192 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Apparently some public consumption has occurred.

My reading of it is that the video is approved to be shown, in person, at a presentation at a pinball show, but not for wider distribution online. They're waiting for approval to post online.

#5193 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Pinspeculation(tm)

ooohhhh...I like this!

#5194 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Seeing that model really puts the "wait to see the entire final product" philosophy in perspective.

The playfield could be bare wood with no art and with that toy/sculpt on the playfield it would still look badas. Totally blown away by the detail it looks awesome

#5195 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

That magnet holds the ball still, & then the inner mouth comes out & snatches the ball into its mouth.

Let's hope but has it been stated the ball is dragged into the mouth? One possible interpretation is the tongue comes out and catches the ball and holds it on the magnet where it can remain locked or get flung away from the front of the sculpture. It would be nice if the ball appeared to be gobbled up and swallowed even, but do the playfield cutouts appear to support that sort of operation? Look what it says on item "J" from Heighways last shot map posted in this thread:

ef52917ce3fe09ead499e164ea77210a47d91bcd_(resized).jpgef52917ce3fe09ead499e164ea77210a47d91bcd_(resized).jpg
71386bf75d9c5370ec5a51b6092953579f66c7ae_(resized).jpg71386bf75d9c5370ec5a51b6092953579f66c7ae_(resized).jpg

I'm guessing the ball is held by the tongue in the green area on the playfield maked "J" on the shot map when the popup targets are down.

It would be neat to tongue snatch the ball and drop it under the playfield from under the head sculpture to reappear elsewhere but does it appear to be designed that way? Can't see too much in the area to infer from the latest shared playfield video:

But who knows? All we have of the underside of the playfield is this:

309aa9855fef43b623f5ba8f91819dfe870fcf43_(resized).jpg309aa9855fef43b623f5ba8f91819dfe870fcf43_(resized).jpg

...and there seems to be a lot going on in that area.

I have no doubt that within the context of the game with the audio and lighting, this mechanism will be a spectacular effect and make people jump a bit each time the ball is captured and held or even when it is missed by the tongue strike!

#5196 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Let's hope but it was never stated the ball goes into anything. Another interpretation is the tongue comes out and catches the ball and holds it on the magnet where it can remain locked or flung away from the sculpture. It would be nice if the ball appeared to be gobbled up but does the playfield cutouts appear to support that sort of operation? Look what it says on item "J" from Heighways last shot map posted in this thread:
ef52917ce3fe09ead499e164ea77210a47d91bcd_(resized).jpg
71386bf75d9c5370ec5a51b6092953579f66c7ae_(resized).jpg
I'm guessing the ball is held by the tongue in the green area on the playfield maked "J" on the shot map when the popup targets are down.
It would be neat to tongue snatch the ball and drop it under the playfield from under the head sculpture to reappear elsewhere but it doesn't appear to be designed that way. Can't see too much in the area to infer from our latest playfield video:
» YouTube video
But who knows? All we have of the underside of the playfield is this:
309aa9855fef43b623f5ba8f91819dfe870fcf43_(resized).jpg
...and there seems to be a lot going on in that area.
I have no doubt that within the context of the game with the audio and lighting, this mechanism will be a spectacular effect and make people jump a bit each time the ball is captured and held or even when it is missed by the tongue strike!

Tongue = "inner mouth"
If it comes out, why can't it go back in with the ball & hold it?

#5197 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Tongue = "inner mouth"
If it comes out, why can't it go back in with the ball & hold it?

I'm with you pal! I hope that is the way it operates. Perhaps the tongue moves on an arc so it clears the lower teeth with the ball. I'm just controlling my expectations and trying to work through how it might operate with the information given. Maybe we might get some clarification before imaginations and speculations spin out of control.

I for one will have the pin transform into a Caterpillar P-5000 Work Loader and wrestle with you while you're trying to play if I don't keep my deeply disturbed imagination in check.

aliens-ripley-queen-ft_1193711384_(resized).jpgaliens-ripley-queen-ft_1193711384_(resized).jpg

#5198 8 years ago

Wonder how those teeth will hold up ? They look thick and beefy but the goopy spit , dunno. Looks great, just wondering if it's going to need a sneeze guard to keep airballs from damaging it. Depends again on the scale I guess.. This thing does look huge / teeth may be pretty large and can take some hits.

#5199 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Looks great, just wondering if it's going to need a sneeze guard to keep airballs from damaging it.

Lol.

#5200 8 years ago

Just for clarification......that shot map you posted is ancient history. The upper LT ramp no longer loops & exits on the RT side of playfield. There's plenty of space now for the large Alien head toy of that size.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.