• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 494.
#5051 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Also guys, I should note that I'm going to cut back on my Pinside time. The childish drama is just something I don't need.

Do you really give a shit about some dude's overreaction?
If so... "they" win!

Anyway, the art on Alien is gorgeous. Can't wait to see that video you'r talking about.
Something tells me that when the machine is finished everyone will want it.

#5052 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wondering how many people are canceling Alien to buy Ghostbusters? Both are great themes, but GB is here and has blown away all expectations and is flat out gorgeous to look at.

Or how many people are canceling TH pre-orders? Or TBL pre-orders?

For some (that can't afford to simply buy every new release - Im jealously looking at You Banker), new titles will always cause folks to reconsider and cancel (or sell existing machines).

That aside, I just don't get all the comparisons between GB and Alien artwork. The two are thematically worlds apart (literally).

GB is a whimsical, colorful theme. Whimsical, colorful art is the perfect match.
Alien is dark. If they tried to replicate the GB style is would look like ass and just not fit (see Predator for an example).

My $0.02.

Im looking forward to PLAYING both (before deciding anything).

#5053 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

For some (that can't afford to simply buy every new release - Im jealously looking at You Banker), new titles will always cause folks to reconsider and cancel (or sell existing machines).

Yes, and A few of my friends are switching to GB because it's ready now, and they figure they'll get Alien 6 or 8 months from now.

#5054 3 years ago

I'll pick up a used GB later. Alien is a theme I'd want NIB.

Aurich is very good at self-analysis. I'm sure he's cutting back due to not wanting to seem biased; as I can't ever see an Asshat like Kaneda-dry aggravating him enough.

#5055 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm sure he's cutting back due to not wanting to seem biased;

#5056 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, and A few of my friends are switching to GB because it's ready now, and they figure they'll get Alien 6 or 8 months from now.

Pinball guys(gals), in general, are nuts in so many ways...and internet forums are nuts...combine the 2 and it distills and concentrates the nuttiness in some cases...like a really tasty bourbon, except horrible instead.

Regardless, FT, Alien and future releases through Heighway Model should eventually filter through the Stern zombies firewall against anything different. Red dots in 2016 for christsakes. ??!?

#5057 3 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Do you really give a shit about some dude's overreaction?
If so... "they" win!

Nope.

Pinball is supposed to be fun, and it's not really fun on Pinside anymore. I'm not interested in childish drama, jealousy, and personal vendettas. I don't care who "wins".

I was just here to talk pinball, enjoy sharing some projects, and feel like I was giving back to a hobby that I love. I know the idiots are a minority, and I appreciate the vast majority of the community. But I just can't seem to figure out why they're even worth putting up with anymore. Even when I put them on ignore they leak into everything, and turn whatever is around them into a shitshow. Robin does his best, but he doesn't have a magic wand that cures stupidity. And he shouldn't have to babysit every keyboard moron who makes things personally nasty, as has increasingly been the case.

I don't even have to post here, people go through my Facebook to bring shit up now in threads I'm not even posting in. I'm taking my Facebook account off being public, and maybe it's time to start weeding out my friend's list.

I'm tired, I work a lot, I have a full time job and clients outside of pinball, and this was my escape. That's no longer the case. So going to go play some Street Fighter V, hit the gym, and then work on Alien some more later. The game will be done when it's done, and people will buy it or not. If it's not for you then sorry our vision and what we had to work with wasn't right. My guess is that Alien fans are going to be super happy.

#5058 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It's a good strategy.... and one I would follow myself.

I felt the same about people who were recently thinking of JUST getting into TH in the past couple months. I'd rather buy a game TODAY and play it for a year until TH's are shipping with non-insane lead-times and get one THEN.... flipping the existing machine (or not) for a nominal loss (if any).

#5059 3 years ago

I'll end up with both in the next year probably. I have a Alien LE on order and will probably order a GB. GB for my wife and daughter and Alien for myself. They both look great in their own individual ways. These themes can't be compared. It's great that several pins are hitting the market at the same time and each theme will suit different generations.
The problem to figure out now is which pins will go in order to bring all the new ones coming out.
2016 really is a great year for pinball. I have to say that I'm looking most forward to Alien...can't wait!

#5060 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Thanks Aurich. I'm actually in for an LE but am weighing up the option to switch to a GB, then pick up Alien later on and add the extras. I'm getting heavily leaned on by the family...

If you think we'll remain in the EU, wait on anything US made. The pound will recover very quickly if we remain in, and buying from Europe will probably be thousands cheaper again than UK.

#5061 3 years ago

its a 1500 deposit until it ready and you have to pay the balance. I don't understand how it makes a difference. you buy a gb and still in on an aliens with the low deposit of 1500.00. smh I don't get it.

#5062 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

its a 1500 deposit until it ready and you have to pay the balance. I don't understand how it makes a difference. you buy a gb and still in on an aliens with the low deposit of 1500.00. smh I don't get it.

$1500 Tied up on thin air, that's my thought. Why tie up any money based on pre-order history? Just buy it when it's available or at the very least place $1500 down once an actual complete game is shown?

#5063 3 years ago

Easy answer. because it is my dream theme and I want the limited edition number that I got. I would not be happy with anything else

#5064 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

Ah, I will admit I was thinking more along the lines of JJP where they are holding MUCH MORE money.

Thats a reasonable deposit.

I still would NEVER do it because I need to play a pin before buying, but for the preorder crowd, thats at least a reasonable number.

#5065 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

$1500 Tied up on thin air, that's my thought. Why tie up any money based on pre-order history? Just buy it when it's available or at the very least place $1500 down once an actual complete game is shown?

cause its guaranteeing me my le that I want. if I had that money in the bank at .09 percent interest what would it earn, 8.00?

#5066 3 years ago

I'll be sending my deposit over shortly, I'm in for a standard machine

#5067 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It's a purely psychological thing but I like being invested in these long running projects. It makes all the reveals more exciting to me and I don't have a problem if the games take longer than the company anticipates (I expect it).

Since I can get a refund if I don't like the way the game is progressing or ends up, I don't see much risk unless the company goes belly up.

If you want an LE like GB with Stern's model, there's such a frenzy that you have to commit to purchase solely based on the way the game looks. I can't help but remember a similar frenzy with Hulk LE and Wolverine LE. But then there's BIBLE and TRONLE. It's a roll of the dice.

At least with Alien we will have time to take more of the game in before sending final payment.

#5068 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Have you had any response from the sales email address? I sent my completed pre-order form over a week ago and have had no reply yet.

#5069 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I still would NEVER do it because I need to play a pin before buying, but for the preorder crowd, thats at least a reasonable number.

I don't necessarily need to play it but I need to at least see gameplay videos, hear what it sounds like and have an idea of the rules (unless it's a programmer I consistently like). These days, it can take years for code to make a mediocre game good, so if my initial impressions are marginal, I can always get a refund and wait to see if the game develops enough to purchase.

#5070 3 years ago

I have both Alien LE and GB Prem on pre-order, decided on the GB yesterday after the announcement, decided on the Alien after the playfield was shown as I TOTALLY love what Aurich did here. With this pin I am getting a wide body, a badass theme, I trust their design choices after I saw what they did with Full Throttle (which I should receive within the next 3 weeks), and I love love love the fact that I have this "threatening negative space" feel between my colorful Sterns. It does everything different, and that is the draw for me.

But to be honest: nothing has killed the vibe for me when it comes to GB, the opposite is true - I only fell in love when I saw what they came up with yesterday. But all this bickering here in the Alien thread is a real mood killer...

#5071 3 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

all this bickering here

#5072 3 years ago

Where's the beef? Stop bumping this thread with Bologna.

#5073 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Awww yeah! It will be nice for us to be able to compare our different machines. I'm not going for the larger display (not right away anyways), do you plan on it?

#5074 3 years ago

Like I said in another thread, I don't care if the Alien play field looks like a bag of shit biscuits, it's the THEME, call outs, code, shots, video etc. that will make this pin what it is.

I'll put it right next to my GB LE.

#5075 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpg

#5076 3 years ago

with gravy

#5077 3 years ago

Whats amazing to me is that pinsiders will rip the shit out of a game based on cabinet and PF and backglass without seeing gameplay and obviously vice versa when really sound/lighting, rules and gameplay is what will make or break the game, I can't imagine the gameplay in GB's being bad but WTF? Sorry but the GB's theme and a film that really was a childhood classic and remains kinda kiddie in a way verses Sci Fi horror with the all the elements that come with that is a pinball dream, I do like GB's but I'm also 41 years old and for me there is no comparison, Alien is quite simply the coolest theme to date for me, and seeing FThrottle in action makes me very excited as to the potential not too mention Andrew's love of the seriers, glad both are being made but man its night and day, in a sea of mostly family friendly crap I for one am greatfull.

#5078 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Whats amazing to me is that pinsiders will rip the shit out of a game based on cabinet and PF and backglass without seeing gameplay and obviously vice versa when really sound/lighting, rules and gameplay is what will make or break the game, I can't imagine the gameplay in GB's being bad but WTF? Sorry but the GB's theme and a film that really was a childhood classic and remains kinda kiddie in a way verses Sci Fi horror with the all the elements that come with that is a pinball dream, I do like GB's but I'm also 41 years old and for me there is no comparison, Alien is quite simply the coolest theme to date for me, and seeing FThrottle in action makes me very excited as to the potential not too mention Andrew's love of the seriers, glad both are being made but man its night and day, in a sea of mostly family friendly crap I for one am greatfull.

Correct. ..it's Alien!!! enough said!!!

#5079 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nope.
Pinball is supposed to be fun, and it's not really fun on Pinside anymore. I'm not interested in childish drama, jealousy, and personal vendettas. I don't care who "wins".
I was just here to talk pinball, enjoy sharing some projects, and feel like I was giving back to a hobby that I love. I know the idiots are a minority, and I appreciate the vast majority of the community. But I just can't seem to figure out why they're even worth putting up with anymore. Even when I put them on ignore they leak into everything, and turn whatever is around them into a shitshow. Robin does his best, but he doesn't have a magic wand that cures stupidity. And he shouldn't have to babysit every keyboard moron who makes things personally nasty, as has increasingly been the case.
I don't even have to post here, people go through my Facebook to bring shit up now in threads I'm not even posting in. I'm taking my Facebook account off being public, and maybe it's time to start weeding out my friend's list.
I'm tired, I work a lot, I have a full time job and clients outside of pinball, and this was my escape. That's no longer the case. So going to go play some Street Fighter V, hit the gym, and then work on Alien some more later. The game will be done when it's done, and people will buy it or not. If it's not for you then sorry our vision and what we had to work with wasn't right. My guess is that Alien fans are going to be super happy.

I don't blame you one bit, but it's a shame as I remember you telling Nate on C2C that you didn't want to give up posting on pinside as a result of your involvement with Alien. I don't always agree with your posts, but I respect that you've actually contributed to the community with your translites and now the Alien play field. I'm not sure any of your "critics" have done much besides stir up crap on Pinside. The link to the podcast attacking you in this thread really left a sour taste in my mouth. I had drained the K thread to avoid that kind of crap and then I have to find it here in its most toxic form. Anyway, good luck Aurich and don't let this sour you on the hobby (I don't it will).

#5080 3 years ago

Jesus what a bunch of BS nonsense around here lately. Keep the damn drama out of this thread, and keep your chin up Aurich.

With that said, I think it's pretty likely that the prototype won't be at TPF at this point. But it sounds like we're finally going to see some working toys, a flipping prototype, and perhaps LCD video/sound asset implementation via video during Heighway's seminar.

Now that's something to really look forward to! Can't wait for next weekend!

#5081 3 years ago

Still the pinball game I'm most excited for in 2016

#5082 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Also guys, I should note that I'm going to cut back on my Pinside time. The childish drama is just something I don't need. So if I'm not around as much don't take it as a sign that Alien is having issues or anything, because it has nothing to do with that.
I'll try and keep up with this thread, I'm not deactivating my account like some people, but enough is enough.

Though I've been a pinside member for quite a few years, I hardly ever post anything. I only do so when I feel like I can contribute something useful in a constructive, positive way. It's for that same reason that I enjoy your contributions to this site so much, Aurich. In my opinion, you're a level-headed contributor who tries to be consciously aware of their own biases, and who isn't afraid to explore other perspectives in order to expand their own. That, combined with the fact you provide us with a regular view behind the curtain of pinball manufacturing, makes you a valued member of this community.

I can understand your decision to cut back on drama. However, I'm sure there are plenty of people like myself on this site that would miss your extensive input. Hopefully this post might motivate other lurkers to speak up and put the vocal and rather non-social posters in proper context. They're most likely an even smaller fraction of this community than you realize. Thanks Aurich, and all the other regulars, for adding so much value to this site. Don't feel discouraged when faced with idiocy!

#5084 3 years ago
Quoted from cogito:

Though I've been a pinside member for quite a few years, I hardly ever post anything. I only do so when I feel like I can contribute something useful in a constructive, positive way. It's for that same reason that I enjoy your contributions to this site so much, Aurich. In my opinion, you're a level-headed contributor who tries to be consciously aware of their own biases, and who isn't afraid to explore other perspectives in order to expand their own. That, combined with the fact you provide us with a regular view behind the curtain of pinball manufacturing, makes you a valued member of this community.
I can understand your decision to cut back on drama. However, I'm sure there are plenty of people like myself on this site that would miss your extensive input. Hopefully this post might motivate other lurkers to speak up and put the vocal and rather non-social posters in proper context. They're most likely an even smaller fraction of this community than you realize. Thanks Aurich, and all the other regulars, for adding so much value to this site. Don't feel discouraged when faced with idiocy!

Good post. +1

#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from cogito:

True, Love the inside posts, and I can make the difference between somebody hired to do the playfield and the company which is finally responsible for the complete product. You can not hold Aurich responsible for that nor will he know all details, he does not work for Heighway Pinball, he was just hired to do one job! But if you give people a finger they will take the whole hand...hope Aurich can enlighten us with his info!

#5086 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

keep your chin up Aurich.

+1.

#5087 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Jesus what a bunch of BS nonsense around here lately. Keep the damn drama out of this thread, and keep your chin up Aurich.

don't be so dramatic

#5088 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It's not tied up in thin air. It's buying machinery & parts, it's paying payroll, utilities, & taxes, all very important & costly items for a new company. I'm invested in their success or failure in a company I believe in, on a dream theme. At the end of the day, $1,500 is a small amount to put down/invest in Alien & Heighway Pinball, & it's fun to feel like your vested in the project.

#5089 3 years ago

Andrew-

Rocky Mtn. Pinball Showdown and Gameroom Expo June 10-12, 2016

http://www.pinballshowdown.com/index.html

How about a couple Full Throttles and Aliens in sunny Denver, CO? Lots of pinball nuts in the Rocky Mtn Region with $$$ burning holes in their pockets.

#5090 3 years ago
Quoted from chahoua:

Have you had any response from the sales email address? I sent my completed pre-order form over a week ago and have had no reply yet.

Im ordering from a distributor, not from heighway so cant help you out there

#5091 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Awww yeah! It will be nice for us to be able to compare our different machines. I'm not going for the larger display (not right away anyways), do you plan on it?

For sure! Still thinking on the LE but I was just thinking if I ever do take advantage of the swapping playfield thing, would eg ft look good in a lime green cab with beacons on it

I also love the std art, fits the theame perfectly..

No larger display, maybe down the road if it really impresses me, but 95% of the time its just me playing, so if its a mirror image of the pf screen its not something I need. Also, when the machine was off, Id like the translite to look at

#5092 3 years ago

i think im like you Libtech , standard , possibly the small lcd up top , not the large , i want to see the translite too . i think i will be ordering one shortly and grabbing the real prize (alien pf ) when its out .

#5093 3 years ago

Not sure I've heard the text on aliens inserts is far superior to ghostbusters

#5094 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Far from " thin air"...it's a refundable deposit for pinball machine with long lead time.... geesh....and once a full game is shown, the $1500 LE option may not be there...already many spots taken. everyone should do what THEY are comfortable with....there's really no pressure here, I just don't get it.

Agree the drama needs to leave this thread, especially when one of its most valuable contributors is fed up with it ( Aurich). "Social media "can certainly be "anti social" at times...

#5095 3 years ago

Unfortunately the drama will never leave pinside, many thrive on it. And Aurich brought a lot of it on himself.

#5096 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Far from " thin air"...it's a refundable deposit for pinball machine with long lead time.... geesh....and once a full game is shown, the $1500 LE option may not be there...already many spots taken. everyone should do what THEY are comfortable with....there's really no pressure here, I just don't get it.
Agree the drama needs to leave this thread, especially when one of its most valuable contributors is fed up with it ( Aurich). "Social media "can certainly be "anti social" at times...

It's minus about $100 in transaction fees if you cancel btw

Which I think is fair

#5097 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

And Aurich brought a lot of it on himself.

So two wrongs make a right?!?

#5098 3 years ago

Guys this isn't an episode of Days of Our Lives. It is a thread about Alien Pinball. It has already been asked to keep posts on topic. If you wish to discuss other things/issues then go to the appropriate thread or start a new one. Posts that continue to go off topic will result in a thread ban please guys lets keep this thread on topic.

#5099 3 years ago

Like sands through the hourglass

#5100 3 years ago

Any prices announced yet on shaker and optic ramps?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside