• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 494.
#5001 3 years ago

I think GB's looks awesome but the theme still has nothing on Aliens, the ghostbusters song will playing in the background and Sterns usual terrible voice over work will be present as well, not saying I'm not looking forward to playing it and maybe even owning a Pre one day but for me Heighway is secure with my Alien order, one thing he said in that podcast I thought was foolish is that Alien is in trouble, if someone jumps ship from Aliens to GB's then they weren't worthy of owning it in the first place. Looking forward to the next update.

#5002 3 years ago

red dots in 2016

Back to Alien.

#5003 3 years ago

Alien will have no red dots, it's 2016, time for high rez video.

Alien will have good news about callouts and music and sounds.

In the meantime it's fine that GB has time in the spotlight, but let's keep it out of this thread, it doesn't belong here. Plenty of other places to discuss it.

#5004 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

GB has time in the spotlight, but let's keep it out of this thread, it doesn't belong here. Plenty of other places to discuss it.

Completely agree.....good grief!!!

#5005 3 years ago

Wtf man.....he's been permabanned from here and other sites for a reason.....take that shit somewhere else!!!

#5006 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Can you please not post that shit in here? I don't care what he has to say about me, I'm never going to listen.

You are far too prolific of a poster and reader and listener of all things pinball to not listen to a podcast with your first name in the title.

Please be honest with yourself and to the rest of us...

#5007 3 years ago

Hi Aurich,

I didnt think you would see this, but I thought of you.....
I hope you dont mind it here...it has absolutely no meaning!

gb_(resized).jpg

#5008 3 years ago

Hey all let's try to stay on topic here. If you want to discus certain podcasts please do so in the appropriate threads. Don't bring it here with the sole purpose of being inflammatory and driving this thread off topic.

#5009 3 years ago

I can tell you guys are bored, so read this piece by my coworker Lee about whether or not the Aliens are actually called xenomorphs or not:

http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2014/08/the-throwaway-line-in-aliens-that-spawned-decades-of-confusion/

This is how we nerd out where I work.

#5010 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Hey all let's try to stay on topic here. If you want to discus certain podcasts please do so in the appropriate threads. Don't bring it here with the sole purpose of being inflammatory and driving this thread off topic.

Thank you!!!

#5011 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Understood and apologies sir.

Just have to call bs on things sometimes...yadadamean!

#5012 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can tell you guys are bored, so read this piece by my coworker Lee about whether or not the Aliens are actually called xenomorphs or not:
http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2014/08/the-throwaway-line-in-aliens-that-spawned-decades-of-confusion/
This is how we nerd out where I work.

Interesting... I've thought before about the marines' use of "bug hunt" in Aliens and always just assumed they'd had run-ins with bugish type aliens before, just much less murdery ones than the capital-A Aliens. Likewise, i figured xenomorph was converted from a generic use for aliens to one specific to Aliens because, well really, who the hell cares about any other aliens with those damn things running around out there?

It is odd though that even in the extended canon, they're never really given an official name that sticks. Not even by the Yautja/Predators, and they seem to have a name for everything (i may hypothetically be a big enough fan to own nearly all of the Alien, pred, and avp comic omnibuses ).

#5014 3 years ago

I have to say... as much as I like what Aurich did with the Alien playfield, the GB one is stunning and is really in a totally different league... Also one would think it would have to fit the brand even being hand drawn? I know it's not fair to compare hand drawn vs. non-hand drawn but still, it's gorgeous.

We have two young kids so the pressure to switch to a GB is high as it is a far more family friendly theme. I'm sticking to my guns for now but would really help to hear more Alien details.

#5015 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

In the meantime it's fine that GB has time in the spotlight, but let's keep it out of this thread, it doesn't belong here. Plenty of other places to discuss it.

Does that mean that you will stop plugging Alien in the other game threads

Just a small playful jab, I know you can take it

I actually agree with you that we should try to stay on target, unless it is really relevant to Aliens.

Hoping for some new exciting info next week

#5016 3 years ago

... also please can someone clarify... can a standard Aliens become an LE just by paying for the extras? Is the only thing that can't be bought the LE specific side art and backglass (that is if one went for the smaller LCD in the backbox) ?

Thanks.

#5017 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

... also please can someone clarify... can a standard Aliens become an LE just by paying for the extras? Is the only thing that can't be bought the LE specific side art and backglass (that is if one went for the smaller LCD in the backbox) ?
Thanks.

The following can be purchased as an upgrade for Alien I believe:
- Fiber optic ramps
- Shaker motor
- Beacons

LE Art, Cabinet and trim are unique to the LE.

#5018 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

The following can be purchased as an upgrade for Alien I believe:
- Fiber optic ramps
- Shaker motor
- Beacons
LE Art, Cabinet and trim are unique to the LE.

Thanks for that. I think HP will offer upgrades to cabinet and trim at extra cost so really the only exclusive to the LE is the art as you mentioned. Then if you go for the large LCD in the backglass, you are left with the side panels and backglass surround as exclusive.

#5019 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Thanks for that. I think HP will offer upgrades to cabinet and trim at extra cost so really the only exclusive to the LE is the art as you mentioned. Then if you go for the large LCD in the backglass, you are left with the side panels and backglass surround as exclusive.

I think pf art and some plastics' art may be different. It'll be functionally identical though.

Re: GB art. I really don't think the pf is anything special at all, albeit better than Alien. The finished Premium and LE backglasses I do like though, save for duckface Murray, and the cabinet art for Pro and Premium is outstanding. I think Metallica pf art is considerably better, not such a crowded mish mash and tells a better, clearer story.

#5020 3 years ago

Has there been any prices given out for the extras, fiber optic ramp, shaker,etc...??

#5021 3 years ago

I can say that after just 4 days of Full Throttle in house (well my house for initial setup/play testing and now out at Pooleys in Madison) that I am VERY pumped to see aliens unfold!

I am hyper critical of games and the build quality all around, overall great engineering, and LEAPS forward in pinball that Heighway have shown are really phenomenal! The only thing I see left for them to do it ramp up production when Aliens is ready and hopefully have another deck ready just after that.

If I can start seeing 2 new titles each year then I know where the majority of my pinball dollars are likely going in the future. Toss on that that the price point/bang for the buck is loads better than any other 6k game out there(and the possibility of a kit for 60%?; that is a bargin if you are space challenged and like to have more games).

I highly suggest that anyone thinking of where you are spending your money to go put some time on FullT now and see what you really think.

If anyone is ever in the Madison area (or coming to MGC since Madison Pinball is taking the game there to share) wants to see under the hood at how well designed and beautiful the game is then let me know. Assuming I am available I would be happy to meet you and give you a tour. The quality is so good it desrves to be shown off!

#5022 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can say that after just 4 days of Full Throttle in house (well my house for initial setup/play testing and now out at Pooleys in Madison) that I am VERY pumped to see aliens unfold!
I am hyper critical of games and the build quality all around, overall great engineering, and LEAPS forward in pinball that Heighway have shown are really phenomenal! The only thing I see left for them to do it ramp up production when Aliens is ready and hopefully have another deck ready just after that.
If I can start seeing 2 new titles each year then I know where the majority of my pinball dollars are likely going in the future. Toss on that that the price point/bang for the buck is loads better than any other 6k game out there(and the possibility of a kit for 60%?; that is a bargin if you are space challenged and like to have more games).
I highly suggest that anyone thinking of where you are spending your money to go put some time on FullT now and see what you really think.
If anyone is ever in the Madison area (or coming to MGC since Madison Pinball is taking the game there to share) wants to see under the hood at how well designed and beautiful the game is then let me know. Assuming I am available I would be happy to meet you and give you a tour. The quality is so good it desrves to be shown off!

All true and well spoken.

#5023 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think pf art and some plastics' art may be different. It'll be functionally identical though.
Re: GB art. I really don't think the pf is anything special at all, albeit better than Alien. The finished Premium and LE backglasses I do like though, save for duckface Murray, and the cabinet art for Pro and Premium is outstanding. I think Metallica pf art is considerably better, not such a crowded mish mash and tells a better, clearer story.

Ah cheers for that. I'd not heard the pf and plastics would be different, please can someone from HP confirm?

#5024 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Gameplay is the same (as far as I know).

I saw a red FTLE cabinet. All I can say is that the glossy finish of the LE cabinet is really nice. I did not see the Pro side by side to, but the LE looked superb.

If I could afford it, I would buy one single black LE cabinet with the giant second screen and use "normal/pro" playfields for game swap.

#5025 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Ah cheers for that. I'd not heard the pf and plastics would be different, please can someone from HP confirm?

As far as I know there is no difference in playfield\plastic art between standard or LE models. Only the side art and backglass art is different between those models.

#5026 3 years ago

do we know if an Alien prototype will be at TPF?

If not ready for TPF then Andrew should bring it to MGC a month later. Since we will already have our FullT there it only makes sense

#5027 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'm betting no...but maybe playfield/toys

#5028 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

We are hoping!!! Ill let you know on Friday. If so he will probably reveal it at the discussion on Fri night at 7

--Jeff

#5029 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

We are hoping!!! Ill let you know on Friday. If so he will probably reveal it at the discussion on Fri night at 7
--Jeff

fingers crossed! I can say it will be a highlight of the whole trip for me if it is there!

#5030 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

fingers crossed! I can say it will be a highlight of the whole trip for me if it is there!

Come by the History of pinball booth and say hello!

We will have 11 Prewar pinballs

--Jeff

#5031 3 years ago

I just ordered a GB LE, but that still didn't stop me from checking this thread everyday. Still didn't contain my excitement of finally seeing (and hopefully playing) this pin in final form because I LOVE the Aliens theme (like Ghostbusters).

No reason I can't own an ectoplasma gun and a pulse rifle, right?

#5032 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

No reason I can't own an ectoplasma gun and a pulse rifle, right?

unless you cross the streams.

--Jeff

#5033 3 years ago

It's tough as well because GB we are seeing a completely populated game, and with Alien we are still seeing a bare playfield.

It is what it is though... the double edged sword of announcing something so early.

Stern took shit from everyone for not just coming out and showing everything when the leaks started showing up... but look at what they managed to do, they still got to do their big reveal.

#5034 3 years ago

LOL. Never thought of that!

I know Frolic, most first announcements always hurt pre-orders with other companies. I hate the waiting game.

#5035 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I hate the waiting game.

Hobbit is closing in on 4 years, hopefully they'll beat that record.

#5036 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's tough as well because GB we are seeing a completely populated game, and with Alien we are still seeing a bare playfield.

I feel that for sure, but that won't be the case for much longer, so hang in there another week. We're working on a video so everyone can see what's going on.

#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We're working on a video so everyone can see what's going on.

does this mean no proto at TPF?

#5038 3 years ago

I don't see the need to take sides. GB has me excited and looked forward to seeing gameplay. I would like to get a premium but no hurry to do so. I'm still excited for Alien. Plenty of room in this world for more than one great new pinball machine. My wallet may disagree but I would expect great games to be on sale for a while so no need to make quick decisions. Even though it's nice seeing updates, I do think it's best to announce a game when there is an actual prototype.

#5039 3 years ago

Wondering how many people are canceling Alien to buy Ghostbusters? Both are great themes, but GB is here and has blown away all expectations and is flat out gorgeous to look at.

#5040 3 years ago

Aurich please can you tell me if the LE playfield and plastics are the same as the standard version?

#5041 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Even though it's nice seeing updates, I do think it's best to announce a game when there is an actual prototype.

No disagreement here! Everyone on the team knows it, but it is what it is at this point. All we can do now is bring you along on the journey. And we're reaching a point where there's just going to be a lot more to share, finally.

Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't see the need to take sides. GB has me excited and looked forward to seeing gameplay. I would like to get a premium but no hurry to do so. I'm still excited for Alien. Plenty of room in this world for more than one great new pinball machine.

Agree with this too! Great pinball in the world is a good thing. Obviously I have a bias as to what game I want people to buy first. But I'm happy to see a game like GB being made. I hope Stern feels the pressure to get their LCD game on too, we'll all benefit from that. It's the beauty of competition, I doubt they'd be too worried about it if every other competitor out there wasn't already on LCD. And I hope that everyone is taking note at the excitement GB is generating, because the art and effort is obviously paying off, and again, that's a good thing for everyone. Keep pushing.

Quoted from way2wyrd:

does this mean no proto at TPF?

I'll leave any info on that to Andrew. But I did feel like with the excitement over GB (and fairly so, it looks great) that people might like to know that they'll see more on Alien soon. And most of us won't be at TPF, so at the end of the day a video will serve the most people, and we're working on it. Didn't seem like great timing on our part to keep that surprise.

#5042 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Aurich please can you tell me if the LE playfield and plastics are the same as the standard version?

I can't, because I'm not sure yet. We have some ideas for the LE that we still need to test, so it's just too early to confirm. I can say that any differences that might appear would be fun cosmetic stuff, the gameplay will be exactly the same. And as far as I know all the cool physical upgrades are optional purchases, like the fiber optic lighting. How the price of a kitted out Standard vs an LE will play out I don't know, and how exactly the art differences will be featured I don't know yet either.

If you miss out on an LE because they're sold out you'll still be able to get the same gameplay experience, that's all I can really say I know to be true. Nothing is stripped down.

#5043 3 years ago

Also guys, I should note that I'm going to cut back on my Pinside time. The childish drama is just something I don't need. So if I'm not around as much don't take it as a sign that Alien is having issues or anything, because it has nothing to do with that.

I'll try and keep up with this thread, I'm not deactivating my account like some people, but enough is enough.

#5044 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wondering how many people are canceling Alien to buy Ghostbusters? Both are great themes, but GB is here and has blown away all expectations and is flat out gorgeous to look at.

Well I didn't cancel Aliens (I refuse to pre order) but I am probably going to go GB just because it's finished first and it looks like it will be a lot of fun.

I have had my eyes on both of these games as they both have themes I love but with Aliens taking longer and production on it not being limited I can easily get an Alien down the road and be playing a GB while I wait.

With that being said, if Alien crushes it I'll have no problem kicking an older Stern game out of the lineup to fund it.

Can't wait for more info, more pictures, more video.
Oh man, and that Xenomorph toy...... I can't wait to see it in action.

Have fun guys. It's just pinball.

#5045 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can't, because I'm not sure yet. We have some ideas for the LE that we still need to test, so it's just too early to confirm. I can say that any differences that might appear would be fun cosmetic stuff, the gameplay will be exactly the same. And as far as I know all the cool physical upgrades are optional purchases, like the fiber optic lighting. How the price of a kitted out Standard vs an LE will play out I don't know, and how exactly the art differences will be featured I don't know yet either.
If you miss out on an LE because they're sold out you'll still be able to get the same gameplay experience, that's all I can really say I know to be true. Nothing is stripped down.

Thanks Aurich. I'm actually in for an LE but am weighing up the option to switch to a GB, then pick up Alien later on and add the extras. I'm getting heavily leaned on by the family...

#5046 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Also guys, I should note that I'm going to cut back on my Pinside time. The childish drama is just something I don't need. So if I'm not around as much don't take it as a sign that Alien is having issues or anything, because it has nothing to do with that.
I'll try and keep up with this thread, I'm not deactivating my account like some people, but enough is enough.

Don't let the opinion police get you down man. Self preservation is paramount so take time off but know that a lot of us really appreciate your involvement with the pinball community.

Pay the haters no mind. They will continue to be miserable.
Or as the kids say, you do you.
Cheers man!

#5047 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

childish drama

on the internet? What are you talking about? This is a truly shocking statement

#5048 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Totally understandable glad you've not taken the deactivate option

#5049 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I'm getting heavily leaned on by the family...

The Family...or "the family"?

#5050 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The Family...or "the family"?

Ok it was The Sopranos, Paulie and Sil just popped round for a sit down.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside