• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 494.
#451 4 years ago

Andrew, we all appreciate how you are doing things different from the "others"....But in regards to your different pre-order model, would it be possible to give us realistic updates on how many Alien le pre-order spots remain? I understand the feeling of not knowing how much time is left to get in will compel many to pre-order this pin so i'm sure i just answered my own question here with a no!
But how about a compromise of letting us know when all of the 500 spots are filled and you begin to start putting folks on the backup list?

#452 4 years ago

I was going to go a LE, now I think the standard will do just fine.

#453 4 years ago

The thing about the LE that has me interested the most is "Fibre Optic Ramp Lighting" which sounds similar to TronLE. If I could get a mod to add that, I think the Standard would be good for me also.

#454 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

The thing about the LE that has me interested the most is "Fibre Optic Ramp Lighting" which sounds similar to TronLE. If I could get a mod to add that, I think the Standard would be good for me also.

You can buy it directly from Heighway for the Standard model.

#455 4 years ago

RobT, how you know all this?

#456 4 years ago

That's what was said at expo

#457 4 years ago

another theme fan here... will keep more than an eye on this post

#458 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

"it doesn't" instead of "it don't" good grief....grammar 101 please....

C'mon man, this ain't English class.

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Andrew said the fibre optic ramps and the topper will be purchasable upgrades for the standard. Now, how much they cost and whether there is a price difference to make the standard + mods any cheaper, that's still a question.

#460 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Thankfully, you're right, ....or I'd be banned...........I just reread my post and had to correct that part so it was somewhat readable.....

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Andrew said the fibre optic ramps and the topper will be purchasable upgrades for the standard. Now, how much they cost and whether there is a price difference to make the standard + mods any cheaper, that's still a question.

$1700 difference between standard and LE. You could powdercoat every single piece of metal on a pin, give it a topper and put mirrorblades, led's and fibre optics everywhere for that much money. I should bloody well hope that the standard+mods will be cheaper!

#462 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You realize he was criticizing himself, right?

#463 4 years ago

Sort of hoping the LE will have something that sets it apart from standard ( maybe extra mode or something) beyond the " bling" ...making it a true LE....will anxiously wait and see....

#464 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hope he did.....because that's what I was doing......Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!! (Homemade Lasagna in the oven....yep, an Italian theme this year...yeah!!!)

#465 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sort of hoping the LE will have something that sets it apart from standard ( maybe extra mode or something) beyond the " bling" ...making it a true LE....will anxiously wait and see....

I don't. My wallet can't take any more punishment from the manufacturers. I want a "complete" game for the 6k+gst and shipping, or I'm going to have to stick to older games. It's too hard to justify close to 10k for a game unless it's something that really stands out (like TBL, for me anyways)

#466 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I don't. My wallet can't take any more punishment from the manufacturers. I want a "complete" game for the 6k+gst and shipping, or I'm going to have to stick to older games. It's too hard to justify close to 10k for a game unless it's something that really stands out (like TBL, for me anyways)

True, I can see validity either way.....regardless...it's ALIEN!!!....going to rock......mark

#467 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If it was a dedicated machine (like most other manufacturers) I would agree with you. But given that this will be a swappable system, it kind of defeats the point of a true LE model for me. Who cares about an LE Alien cabinet once you have Full Throttle inside (or any other Heighway game). Given this, I really hope (expect) that you should be able to replicate the LE playfield / gameplay features on a standard.

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

If it was a dedicated machine (like most other manufacturers) I would agree with you. But given that this will be a swappable system, it kind of defeats the point of a true LE model for me. Who cares about an LE Alien cabinet once you have Full Throttle inside (or any other Heighway game). Given this, I really hope (expect) that you should be able to replicate the LE playfield / gameplay features on a standard.

Yep....that's the oddity ( at least for me) .....Alien a must have for me, and can't see me ever swapping it to a different playfield ( just not into car themed pins)....given the green hardware , don't think Full Throttle would look good in it. I'm in on the LE, and just curious as to how Heighway will actually define this designation ( hardware, fiber optics, topper, and?).....kind of an oxymoron ...."LE" and "fully interchangeable".
These guys are a class act ( from what I've seen so far).....and can't wait to see how this plays out...mark

#469 4 years ago

I'm hoping for some armour options, the green is doing nothing for me. I would rather have powder coated black or silver. Going to be a rough next few months waiting to see this pin, at least I know we will get regular updates. Aliens LE #110

#470 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

True, I can see validity either way.....regardless...it's ALIEN!!!....going to rock......mark

+1 It's ALIEN!!!

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We are planning an update for the first week of December.

Hope this happens, could be any day.

1 week later
#472 4 years ago

Emailed Andrew Heighway earlier today and he responded right away. He told me they plan on getting their Alien Forum moving in the next few days. Nothing has occurred there yet from their end but sounds like that is about to change. These could be big doings!

#473 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Emailed Andrew Heighway earlier today and he responded right away. He told me they plan on getting their Alien Forum moving in the next few days. Nothing has occurred there yet from their end but sounds like that is about to change. These could be big doings!

Hooray!!!

#474 4 years ago

i have this r-e-a-l-l-y sinking feeling that when this pin comes out, i'm gunna want it
i'm already out of space, selling stuff off, and have more on the way already. arrrg.

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i have this r-e-a-l-l-y sinking feeling that when this pin comes out, i'm gunna want it

Don't fight that feeling now.....

#476 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i have this r-e-a-l-l-y sinking feeling that when this pin comes out,

specially after you come play mine

--Jeff

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

specially after you come play mine
--Jeff

dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You do realize he was criticizing himself, correct. OMG Rob!!

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i'm already out of space, selling stuff off, and have more on the way already. arrrg.

You can pay mine Lab

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can pay mine Lab

double

ernie-fp.jpg

#481 4 years ago

Dennis Nordman is not the designer on Alien Pinball?!?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dennis-nordman-leaves-heighway-pinball

#482 4 years ago

what tha bleep...

#483 4 years ago

Who is the designer on Alien Pinball?

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

what tha bleep...

Make no mistake, having Nordman as the designer on Alien was a *huge* selling point for me. Now that he's leaving prior to Alien being made, there is zero chance of me pre-ordering this pin until I am able to play it.

I just don't understand why neither JJP nor Heighway have been able to keep Nordman employed long enough to get a fully designed pin out the door.

Obviously there are two sides to every story like this, but either way, this sucks.

Quoted from jms121:

Who is the designer on Alien Pinball?

As of right now, I am assuming that there isn't one.

Nordman designed the initial PF drawings which, as he says in that thread, can change quite a bit prior to production.

#485 4 years ago

Well .... Anyone dropping out now?..

#486 4 years ago

I like Andrew but was skeptical of the date. Seriously, be honest with us on the mfg date and show us some proto art or playfield design. Just because Norman is out doesn't mean the design will be bad but we need to see it more than ever since we were hooked on this pin due to faith in Nordman .... Never more .

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Obviously there are two sides to every story like this

3. At least.

#488 4 years ago

Hi all,

I replied in Dennis's thread directly.

Dennis has chosen to move on but it changes nothing as the game layout design is completed. Will it change by the time we reach production? Probably - but only after it has gone through the normal development process. We have other game designers at our company who have already stepped in and will continue to be involved in this process until we reach production.

Basic rules for this game were discussed by all parties involved at an early stage and already feature on our fully playable digital version of this game.

There will be more news and updates before Christmas but if anyone has any questions that need answering, we are more than happy to answer them

#489 4 years ago

still have LE's for sale ?
any xmas specials

#490 4 years ago

Thanks for weighing in on this so quickly Andrew.

As disappointed as I am that Dennis has left prior to production of Alien, I am still excited about the pin.

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks for weighing in on this so quickly Andrew.
As disappointed as I am that Dennis has left prior to production of Alien, I am still excited about the pin.

Not excited enough to pre-order

#492 4 years ago

Still excited for the pin but dying to see some of those details or the Future Pinball version of the Alien table being played.... That would be killer

#493 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Not excited enough to pre-order

Of course not.

I don't preorder.

Period.

#494 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Of course not.
I don't preorder.
Period.

Then why post there is zero chance with him leaving?

It seems like there was a chance prior, but now your going to wait till you can play it.

Just admit your contradicting yourself and move on.

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Then why post there is zero chance with him leaving?
It seems like there was a chance prior, but now your going to wait till you can play it.
Just admit your contradicting yourself and move on.

Ok I was contradicting myself and I'm moving on.

#496 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ok I was contradicting myself and I'm moving on.

WAIT, don't admit you are moving on and contradict yourself from moving?!

Little bummed to hear Dennis moved on, I don't know exactly how the production cycle of a pinball goes, obviously as stated the layout design is complete. But to me it begs the question is it really ever complete until it is on a line in production? Looks at JJP and tweaks made to Hobbit late in the game. If what has been said so far is true is the game is in final approvals for licensing, etc still is being worked on then I would have to think the design of the playfield has a very probable chance of having to be changed in certain ways as well if a certain playfield mechanism for instance has to be changed due to licensing, etc. So now Dennis is not there to finish what he started?

Never comforting to see a main "piece" of a game move on(look at the stir Phil leaving Dutch Pinball caused and he was just the marketing dude basically) but again not knowing enough of the exact processes that go on through production cycles, hard to say what it means in the end. I would hope major updates and unveiling is happening this year or I might just go wait on the sidelines as well.

Here's to hoping 2015 is as awesome for pinball as it appears it's going to be!

#497 4 years ago

Hopefully going forward Heighway has the ability like Stern to announce games only when release is imminent. This is a problem now only because of the early pre-orders. If all we were talking about was Full Throttle at the moment, their next release, and Alien was announced in the spring along with a complete playfield photo, there is no story.

But this title was sold on pre-order with 2 points: 1 the Alien license, and 2 the Nordman name. That was all anyone had and still has basically.

That probably is also the reason Dennis felt compelled to go public. If the game was being sold on his name and reputation, he probably felt it necessary to set the record straight. No pre-orders would have meant he could stay silent.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#499 4 years ago

I tilted this post. If I want to see emoticons smooching I'll log onto the tweens angst forum.

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Little bummed to hear Dennis moved on, I don't know exactly how the production cycle of a pinball goes, obviously as stated the layout design is complete. But to me it begs the question is it really ever complete until it is on a line in production?

From reading the Chris Hutchins TAF proto thread, it appeared that Pat Lawlor was twiddling with Addams even through the prototype manufacturing process. Hell, he twiddled with TZ through the sample manufacturing process. The game is never "done" Hopefully whoever is picking up after Dennis has similar skills and design ideas.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 279.95
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside