Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

predators_poster1.jpg
    alien_from_the_movie.png
    #1 14 years ago

How awsome would it be if stern made an alien pinball machine based off of the movies. I think it would be an instant hit in my opinion. What do you guys think?

alien_from_the_movie.pngalien_from_the_movie.png

#2 14 years ago

It sure would look cool, and with Aliens, it would have some great quotes. But they won't make a pin off of an old movie license.

#3 14 years ago

It's safe to say, unless they got a new Aliens movie coming, you won't see a related pinball as Stern only does current movie and TV license games now.

I'm hoping their top secret pinball for this year, aside from already known Iron Man, is a pinball for Predators (the Robert Rodriguez-directed reboot).

predators_poster1.jpgpredators_poster1.jpg

#4 14 years ago

Apparently Brams stokers dracula was originally an Aliens pin but they couldn't get the licence.

#5 14 years ago

Sorry you find she (Sigourney Weaver) looks like your Mom SealClubber .. I won't go any further with that ..

Can I still keep my Jessica Lange fetish from "The Postman Always Rings Twice" ??

#6 14 years ago

Jessica Lange's character in that movie is into the rough stuff BD. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

#7 14 years ago

I would buy Aliens pin ANYTIME over Dracula. They f***** this up with not licence. Alien is probably one of the best horror creatures out there (ok the Predator is also great)
    As for Stern - I don't even wanna know what kind of photoshoped Alien pin would they make...

#8 14 years ago

Barry Oursler said that they went with the BSD license because Alien 3 was going through another wave of script re-writes. If you remember that movie, Alien 3 was in limbo for years, going through a ridiculous amount of re-writes. Probably as much as AVP. Usually, movie licenses are available only for a short time so I can understand why they passed on it.

At least Bram Stoker's Dracula pinball turned out fun, and didn't involve a wizard mode involving a werwolf guy raping a young woman (yes, its in the movie, and its still disturbing to this day).

#9 14 years ago

That was for all the animal fetish people.

#10 14 years ago

Prolly a good thing because Alien 3 sucked.

#11 14 years ago

Jurassic Park was originally going to be Star Wars. The T-Rex is where R2D2 was going to be. Later they got to do Star Wars anyway, but JP was Star Wars first.

#12 14 years ago

Seems even license pins are a problem as well. The Williams Police Force machine that I used to have was originally supposed to be a Batman license with the police car to be the batmobile, but the license fell through or there was some kind of problem.

They never tell what the problem ACTUALLY was. Usually its either money, or release dates for movies/toys/games with the license that conflict with the pinball machine. Or just plain copywrite BS.

I am going to 'STERN bash' as well and say:

because, if this is how they are bringing "pinball into the future" by using game and movie licenses to theme machines, then sorry, no sale for me. Spend some money on technology and put a color LCD display in a machine or a feature that will interact with the player. Comon! Those are just 2 ideas of the 100's that I have for a new machine and I swing a hammer for a living!

I wonder if Stern's next machine is going to be an iPOD themed pinball.....or wait how about a pinball based on the movie Avatar...??

Didn't Mark Ritchie create the avatar concept?

#13 14 years ago

Licenses are cheap, it's only something like $10-$20 per machine. I'd say that a license brings in much more than $20 on location just out of curiosity alone from fans of the license. I would love original themes, but Gary just won't do it. If you look at the history of pinball, the best selling games have all been licensed games for the most part.

#14 14 years ago

Hmmm....Avatar pinball?
    then again starship troopers had a pin done

#15 14 years ago

Avatar had already been designed, but for some reason they decided not to go forward with it. You can actually buy prints of the design on Steve Ritchie's site. He was excited about it, and I think he felt very hurt when the project was canceled.

#16 14 years ago

It would be cool if they made a pinball after the new preator movie comming out but with the way stern is making pinball machines it would probally suck. Too bad stern is the only pinball comany left in the world.

#17 14 years ago

Man, the ignorance of many that post here gets tiresome...

#18 14 years ago

#20 14 years ago

#21 14 years ago

5 years later
    #22 8 years ago

5 year flashback

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.