(Topic ID: 170559)

Alien pinball launch party Thursday at Expo - you were invited!

By Aurich

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by nman
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

!topSDproducts (resized).JPG
Alien Pinball Official Game Flyer - Front (resized).jpg
Alien Pinball Official Game Flyer - Back (resized).jpg
Alien-Launch-Party-Flyer.jpg
twinpeaks (resized).jpg

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Are you coming to Expo next week? Want to play Alien? Come to the launch party at Twin Peaks, Thursday evening from 9-11pm, after the JJP talk.

Space is limited, so please RSVP to [email protected] to get on the guest list.

We'll have games with headphones so you can hear all of David Thiel's glorious audio, free food and drinks, some kind of tournament, and members of the Alien team will be there to hang out with everyone. If you made last year's Full Throttle party you know it was a good time, let's do it again!
Alien-Launch-Party-Flyer.jpgAlien-Launch-Party-Flyer.jpg

Twin Peaks is just across the parking lot from the Westin:
twinpeaks (resized).jpgtwinpeaks (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Sounds fantastic! Headphones are a nice touch.

Do you need to have an Expo pass for that day or can anyone RSVP? (I live close by, but won't be going to Expo until Friday)

#3 7 years ago

Did they even use the rsvp list last year? I was on the list but remember walking right in and never being asked. Likely the reason it was beyond crowded and you couldn't move.

#4 7 years ago

If someone gets to close to the glass at the launch...please say "Get away from her you bitch !"

#5 7 years ago

Woo hoo! Email sent. See ya there, buddy!

#6 7 years ago

Done and many thanks for doing this.

#7 7 years ago

Free drinks?? Im there!

At Twin Peaks no one can hear you scream.

-Jeff

#8 7 years ago

Awesome! Had a great time at last years party, and look forward to checking out Alien! Email sent. Thanks, Heighway!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Did they even use the rsvp list last year? I was on the list but remember walking right in and never being asked. Likely the reason it was beyond crowded and you couldn't move.

Got to agree there, I'd highly recommend Heighway try and keep the numbers manageable.

I remember last year, we showed up at the start time and the room was so packed you couldn't get in the door. So we left and had dinner next door, and came back near the end and it was better .. it was only 90% packed. But at least you could get in the door

Pinball People + free beer = chaos.

Thanks to Heighway for putting these parties on!

rd

#10 7 years ago

I agree! Please stick to a list so people can move around.

Fantastic time last year and looking forward to this year also!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Do you need to have an Expo pass for that day or can anyone RSVP? (I live close by, but won't be going to Expo until Friday)

no expo pass is needed. This is simply a restaurant near expo. no affiliation

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Nope, no one will care about your Expo pass or lack thereof, this isn't an Expo affiliated event in any way.

Quoted from BoJo:

Not a clue. I'm not going to tell you to not crash, but if you want to come I'd email to be safe.

#13 7 years ago

Aurich does this mean it has been approved and people can take pics and vid of the pin?

#14 7 years ago

last year they had free October fest beer. just saying

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

last year they had free October fest beer. just saying

oh and eye candy

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Aurich does this mean it has been approved and people can take pics and vid of the pin?

I am unaware of any restrictions on pics of the pin, but don't take that as official word.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not a clue. I'm not going to tell you to not crash, but if you want to come I'd email to be safe.

I was on the list last year and will do the same this year. My point was how they disregarded the list and let everyone in. I don't mind crowds but it unbearable and didn't see the point of the list.

#18 7 years ago

Free beer and the Alien reveal? Man, I'm jealous of all of you that get to be there. I'll be stuck going to a wedding in Savannah, GA for the weekend (assuming it's still there after Matthew, that is).

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I was on the list last year and will do the same this year. My point was how they disregarded the list and let everyone in. I don't mind crowds but it unbearable and didn't see the point of the list.

I assume the point of the list is just to gauge interest and give an extremely rough idea how much food should be prepared.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

My point was how they disregarded the list and let everyone in.

Honestly the logistics of checking everyone in is probably too much, who's gonna man the door? I dunno. I'm not volunteering to do it, I can tell you that.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Honestly the logistics of checking everyone in is probably too much, who's gonna man the door? I dunno. I'm not volunteering to do it, I can tell you that.

Fly me over and I'll volunteer.

Just bring me a couple of jugs of beer and I'll be sweeeeet as. I'll even help move the machine across the Carpark again

rd

#22 7 years ago

OH YA!!!!!
Alien Pinball Official Game Flyer - Back (resized).jpgAlien Pinball Official Game Flyer - Back (resized).jpg
Alien Pinball Official Game Flyer - Front (resized).jpgAlien Pinball Official Game Flyer - Front (resized).jpg

#23 7 years ago

I'm in!!

Ball Eating Xenomorph Toy!

I haven't kept up on preorders, are deposits required?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://www.LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#24 7 years ago

What's going to be at the launch party? SE only or will the 35th Anniversary LE be present? When will we get our first look at what the LE looks like? Interested to see how the LE art differs and looks with the "Bright Lime Green Powder Coated Metal Trim" color.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I'm in!!
Ball Eating Xenomorph Toy!
I haven't kept up on preorders, are deposits required?

Originally it was $1,500 deposit not sure if that has changed

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

What's going to be at the launch party? SE only or will the 35th Anniversary LE be present? When will we get our first look at what the LE looks like? Interested to see how the LE art differs and looks with the "Bright Lime Green Powder Coated Metal Trim" color.

LE art not available yet, trim color subject to change I think if it doesn't look right. That color was picked a long time ago without any context.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

...Interested to see how the LE art differs and looks with the "Bright Lime Green Powder Coated Metal Trim" color.

A lot more people wanted chrome, later it was suggested they look at black nickel. For me, black nickel is the ultimate choice. I am curious whether all the extras are going to be included with the LE package. Hoping so - I'd love to have it all and still check out at the advertised price.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I am curious abaout whether all the extras are going to be included with the LE package. Hoping so - I'd love to have it all and still check out at the advertised price.

So far what I believe is the extras for the LE would be trim, blade EL Lighting system, non reflective glass, Door to door shipping by Airfreight (7-10 days as opposed to 4-8weeks by sea), 27" backbox display.

LE trim hasn't been quite settled on yet.
Lit blades - don't know if standard for LE.
Non reflective glass - curious as to brand.
27" backbox display - most likely optional for both SE & LE.

The trim on the flyer seems mismatched to show options? Black bezel/silver legs?

I certainly wouldn't be too hurt if the LE showed up with a 27" backbox LCD with no price hike. But I don't see that happening, thus why I believe it will be optional.

Wouldn't that be a perk for the early LE pre orderers that tried to lock in their price to be rewarded with the extras and have the price they signed up for intact?

As for as the air freight option, I'm under the impression it's really not that much more. ??
The question is which shipping method is most likely to arrive at your door with the least amount of damages? Boat vs plane. Anyone have a theory on that?

#29 7 years ago

I can tell you as a very early fully paid LE customer that the 27" display is extra, I'm hoping a black gloss or matte finish armor will be available, I'm not interested in the chrome, I don't know about the playfield glass or blade lighting system with regards to the LE maybe Aurich or Andrew can specify whats included in the different packages as of now?

#30 7 years ago

Can't make it Thursday, but hoping it will be around to see on Friday or Saturday.

#31 7 years ago

My recommendation would be to have 8pm-9pm dedicated to folks who have a deposit / paid in full on the game. Let them get an hour prior to the rest of the folks on the RSVP list etc..

I think they deserve it.

#32 7 years ago

I'm in! See you all Thursday night! Going to be an epic launch!

#33 7 years ago

Looks sweet.

Next come the accessories.

Ripley in mech suit mod
Newt figure
Animated egg poppers mod
Fog machine attachment

#34 7 years ago

Well I can tell you guys that they apparently will be limiting access because I just got rejected by Aimee, saying it was full. This despite me being a very early preorder LE customer. Hell of a way to say thanks to your supporters...

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

This despite me being a very early preorder LE customer. Hell of a way to say thanks to your supporters...

wow. yeah i would extend invites to all the pre orders first. especially the LE ones

--Jeff

#36 7 years ago

Still time for Heighway to accommodate actual customers at their party. Hopefully common sense will prevail.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

Well I can tell you guys that they apparently will be limiting access because I just got rejected by Aimee, saying it was full. This despite me being a very early preorder LE customer. Hell of a way to say thanks to your supporters...

just show up if you are a LE or preorder customer. Pretty sure it wont be an issue.

That si what I would do

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

Did you reply back and let them know you have a preorder? I'm sure they can find some lost tickets like Stern did for their party. They didn't check last year at the door and there are multiple entrances to that room so I doubt they will enforce it this year.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Did you reply back and let them know you have a preorder? I'm sure they can find some lost tickets like Stern did for their party. They didn't check last year at the door and there are multiple entrances to that room so I doubt they will enforce it this year.

Rather than sending a new email I made the request in a reply to the "time for your next payment" emai, so it should have been obvious.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

Surely she didn't know you were a preorder......got my invite this morning.......

#41 7 years ago

Got my voucher im going!!!!!

#42 7 years ago

How many people will be there?
Realistically, for those that went last year. How much time do you think each person will get if Heighway bring 2 Alien machines with them. 1 Turn each?

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

You're invited. Aimee has been instructed to limit numbers but it goes without saying, anyone who has money down on the game is more than welcome.

#44 7 years ago

So last year i got a number of games in on FT.
Lots of people as there was/is free beer and food.
I was busy hitting up Aurich to see super secret pics.
It sound like the party may be outside this year.
-Jeff

#45 7 years ago

You have a list of emails from folks who've preordered / put down a deposit. It isn't that hard to copy and paste an email address coming in from RSVP against that other list to prevent this from even occurring.

#46 7 years ago

Yes we could and should have handled it differently.

We will not be turning away our pre-order customers.

Anyone concerned can email me directly at [email protected]

#47 7 years ago

I'm excited that people who have committed will hopefully get time to play the machine!!!....thank you for your efforts, Andrew....

#48 7 years ago

I emailed early Saturday am--didn't get any confirmation that I'm on the list, but also haven't been told that I missed out. How is this working?

#49 7 years ago

Andrew for the win. Thats the way it should and has been handled.

-Jeff

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

I emailed early Saturday am--didn't get any confirmation that I'm on the list, but also haven't been told that I missed out. How is this working?

Please email [email protected] directly and ask her to double check your name and invite. Otherwise email me at [email protected]

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-launch-party-thursday-at-expo-youre-invited and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.