(Topic ID: 292018)

ALIEN Pinball Club (by Pinball Brothers) - She's Back!

By delt31

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6814 (resized).jpg
IMG_6815 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20210422-155004 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

With the first Alien pinball machines officially shipped and received by cointaker and another one received in France, I thought it's time to create a club for the new and improved Pinball Brothers Alien! Plus we need a dedicated place for some real talk and updates, not just off topic comments and bad jokes.

As an original Alien owner when it first arrived in the US, it remains one of my favorite machines and I'm super excited to get one that is more reliable, has more features and better code. With the LE, it should feature even more. I will be getting one very soon and can't wait to share photo's, videos and opinions. Future owners, please do the same.

Very excited!

#2 2 years ago

Looking forward to what you post...waiting on the LE (LV?) myself...hope it doesn't disappoint...

#3 2 years ago

Little is known about the LE but I'll get that ultimately if it materializes. Standard for now....

#4 2 years ago

Thanks for starting this new post Brian. The other post was getting ridiculous . I'm in on the LV. Cant wait to see pics and info on this new one. I was screwed by Andrew and look forward to finally owning this dream theme!

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Thanks for starting this new post Brian. The other post was getting ridiculous . I'm in on the LV. Cant wait to see pics and info on this new one. I was screwed by Andrew and look forward to finally owning this dream theme!

One of the best things about this remake is not only will more people experience this game but those that were screwed are getting a second shot. Glad to hear.

Latest I’m hearing is more machines will be coming next week. I’m in that next wave which shouldn’t be far behind. Look forward to sharing my experiences here.

#6 2 years ago

I’m patiently waiting for mine, super excited to get another wide body pin in my collection. Killer theme and assets.

#7 2 years ago

#8 2 years ago

I’m so amped about this game! I have never had the opportunity to play it but have watched numerous videos.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I’m so amped about this game! I have never had the opportunity to play it but have watched numerous videos.

I played the original game was very impressed and feel like this game is a great value if it has high build quality.

#10 2 years ago

Who else has sent payment in full and when do you expect your game?

#11 2 years ago

Geez Delt ur non toxic Alien thread has really takin off.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Does that mean you have?

#13 2 years ago

No but I was told several invoices were sent out for the first 4 or so that were on the way. Payment in full before they send more. Hopefully the next batch are those 6 in the FB video. Who frickin knows...”Actually Delt should know, he’s “in on the next wave”.

#14 2 years ago

Crazy excited. What a theme. I’ve never even played one but integration and code with a great theme usually what draws me in the most and this seems to be that (a la Hobbit). The two upper flipper positions are a bit odd which is good for variety. I’m Quarter 2 group on cointaker so will be waiting a while but def hope people post pics once Q1 machines start coming in! Good luck to the early ones!

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No but I was told several invoices were sent out for the first 4 or so that were on the way. Payment in full before they send more. Hopefully the next batch are those 6 in the FB video. Who frickin knows...”Actually Delt should know, he’s “in on the next wave”.

Yes - I was told the same as well. I am paid up although not getting one until after the next shipment arrives which I’m hearing is later this week (could be next depending on weather).

When I got my original alien, the timing on the delivery shifted due to the distance in travel. Expect the same here although rest assured that original aliens were received and delivered as expected. The travel time is a killer though.

Quoted from LordHumungus:

Geez Delt ur non toxic Alien thread has really takin off.

No worries - you’ve already been reported. Continue and you’ll just be banned from the thread but I’ll leave that up to you to decide on how you want to handle yourself.

Quoted from moat-pin:

Crazy excited. What a theme. I’ve never even played one but integration and code with a great theme usually what draws me in the most and this seems to be that (a la Hobbit). The two upper flipper positions are a bit odd which is good for variety. I’m Quarter 2 group on cointaker so will be waiting a while but def hope people post pics once Q1 machines start coming in! Good luck to the early ones!

Yes - only the hobbit rivals this game with regards to theme integration, music and sound. It’s really another level and you can clearly hear that David has brought it again. The guy is great. The lack of Ridley is way overdone imo. I still think here voice is embedded into the code during one mode. If the code ends up being modifiable I will no doubt include clips of Ridley as well.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes - only the hobbit rivals this game with regards to theme integration, music and sound. It’s really another level and you can clearly hear that David has brought it again. The guy is great. The lack of Ridley is way overdone imo. I still think here voice is embedded into the code during one mode. If the code ends up being modifiable I will no doubt include clips of Ridley as well.

In an interview if my memory serves me correct Dave stated Ripley is not featured as Sigourney Weaver's agent wanted entirely too much money or wanted nothing to do with the project.

I'm 75% sure it was money related.

Found it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/436#post-4379420

"Ripley: Best efforts were made to secure the rights to use Sigourney Weaver's likeness and voice from both movies. Andrew made an offer to her agent which was refused. I don't participate in the mechanics of licensing but after 12 years I have a notion of what is generally paid and HP's first offer was on target. HP responded with a better offer and that was refused as well. This offer was well above what actors generally get for permissions.
Keep in mind, we were not getting any of Ms. Weaver's time for custom callouts, just permission to use her likeness and voice from the films.
Her agent was doing her job as she saw it. I have no idea of whether her agent brought either offer to Ms. Weaver.

At that point AH made the judgement that it was too costly per game to get the rights.

As you get to the end of each film it becomes harder to dance around the fact that you cannot use Ripley but the team danced very well. It turned out to be a nice to have and not a deal breaker in our judgment (unless you still have that poster with Ripley in the tee-shirt, by now your wife should have taken that down).

This is what happened to the best of my knowledge."

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

In an interview if my memory serves me correct Dave stated Ripley is not featured as Sigourney Weaver's agent wanted entirely too much money or wanted nothing to do with the project.
I'm 75% sure it was money related.
Found it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/436#post-4379420
"Ripley: Best efforts were made to secure the rights to use Sigourney Weaver's likeness and voice from both movies. Andrew made an offer to her agent which was refused. I don't participate in the mechanics of licensing but after 12 years I have a notion of what is generally paid and HP's first offer was on target. HP responded with a better offer and that was refused as well. This offer was well above what actors generally get for permissions.
Keep in mind, we were not getting any of Ms. Weaver's time for custom callouts, just permission to use her likeness and voice from the films.
Her agent was doing her job as she saw it. I have no idea of whether her agent brought either offer to Ms. Weaver.
At that point AH made the judgement that it was too costly per game to get the rights.
As you get to the end of each film it becomes harder to dance around the fact that you cannot use Ripley but the team danced very well. It turned out to be a nice to have and not a deal breaker in our judgment (unless you still have that poster with Ripley in the tee-shirt, by now your wife should have taken that down).
This is what happened to the best of my knowledge."

Yes I remember hearing the same. It's actually a miracle the original Alien was even made considering the car wreck that was Heighway Pinball.

Not only was it made - it's actually one of the best which is even more incredible. Once enough players get their hands on this game, expect major movement in the top 100, similar to what's happening with TBL. I love Kaneda but the kid is dead wrong about this one. I can understand why - he's never really played it. haha

#18 2 years ago

Original Alien owner here that has since sold the machine. I’m still interested to see what happens with this 2nd effort. Hey LordHumungus, do you think the LV will have a monitor in the playfield? That’d be so dope!

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes I remember hearing the same. It's actually a miracle the original Alien was even made considering the car wreck that was Heighway Pinball.
Not only was it made - it's actually one of the best which is even more incredible. Once enough players get their hands on this game, expect major movement in the top 100, similar to what's happening with TBL. I love Kaneda but the kid is dead wrong about this one. I can understand why - he's never really played it. haha

I'm withholding judgment till I get to play one, frankly the video posted on Facebook did not fill me enthusiasm.

#20 2 years ago

Once LV or XV or XXX comes out, Im going to upgrade, sell me Ole Heighway LE and get a new one.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm withholding judgment till I get to play one, frankly the video posted on Facebook did not fill me enthusiasm.

Marketing on this game has been a train wreck. No doubt there

#22 2 years ago

Check out @aycegogi for some Alien action soon. Would not be surprised if they do some sort of stream. I have no connection. Just passing on the news.

Screenshot_20210422-155004 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210422-155004 (resized).png
#23 2 years ago

I'm in from day 1 w/ CT. No idea what number I am. Hope to hear more updates soon!

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Check out @aycegogi for some Alien action soon. Would not be surprised if they do some sort of stream. I have no connection. Just passing on the news.
[quoted image]

Yes I'm excited to see more. First thing that needs to be done is show us the parts of this machine underside. What boards are being used. Excited to see. They say they're better but would like to actually see what they are.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm in from day 1 w/ CT. No idea what number I am. Hope to hear more updates soon!

You are not number 50...I am last in line on the first quarter machines...

#26 2 years ago

Hi guys, i hope its okey, that i share my youtube video here:

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

YESSSSSSS. Thanks so much for posting! Please post as many gameplay videos as you can!

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

The video we all have been waiting for finally! Good review.

#29 2 years ago

Game looks very good. Looks like it plays good too.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:Hi guys, i hope its okey, that i share my youtube video here:

THANK you! Been waiting for a video like this. Awesome. Please post as much video as you can.

#31 2 years ago

I just skimmed the video but it looks great seems like great bang for your buck.

Only thing the back box speakers look a bit off.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Thank you for the video!

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just skimmed the video but it looks great seems like great bang for your buck.
Only thing the back box speakers look a bit off.

Looks like they tried to make them sound better by having them enclosed with wood. You would think you would ba able to make 6x9 speakers sound good in a pinball but apparently there is something that makes that not possible..

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Watched the video. Really impressed with the replacement boards and parts. Def looks more streamlined. As for the music, it seems the lack of bass was the main culprit. I would hook an external sub up (as I do to all of my pins) and let us know how it sounds. From the video it seemed to be bass only. That should solve that.

And yes, that is A LOT of pin for the money especially with where the market is going. Thanks for the video!

Btw - if you can check how the beacons would connect on this one (since the code already supports it), that would be great. Already have beacons ready to install

#35 2 years ago

On the box it under ‘version’ it shows an ‘XV’ option. Anyone have any idea about this?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#36 2 years ago

PB confirmed XV was going to be a possible trim but it was canned. LE and SE only.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Watched the video. ... As for the music, it seems the lack of bass was the main culprit. I would hook an external sub up (as I do to all of my pins) and let us know how it sounds. From the video it seemed to be bass only. That should solve that.

PB posted a reply on RETROCENGO Youtube clip "We think that the bass cable and the right loudspeaker cable might be switched. The sound should be pretty good - especially with the fat bass speaker you have in the cabinet’s bottom And as an advanced tip: remove the backglass and find the bass boost knob below the screen, left of the speaker cables..."

David Thiel also commented "I finally watched the entire video. couple things.... looking at the cabinet speaker, that is a good looking driver and should be able to deliver good bass. Having talked with the Pinball Brothers I know that they have a commitment to audio so this is a big surprise. I suspect that it is an assembly problem with switched wires.... Hopefully soon , I will be able to hear a PB Alien in the Northwest so I can evaluate it. The PB audio system was designed to kick ass better than the original. If it is not, there is a problem."

Hopefully a simple fix and can't wait to check out one in person

#38 2 years ago

Knowing how incredibly good David Thiel's audio is on even the OG Alien, it's quite exciting to think about what that will sound like on even better factory audio hardware.

#39 2 years ago

Fantastic idea starting this new Pinball Brothers Alien Club delt31!
Can’t wait to get mine.
The playfield looks to be a hair brighter.
Did PB state what they did to make it brighter? It looks killer!

#40 2 years ago

I wonder what shaker motor will work with the new Aliens. Pretty sure I read somewhere that it was prewired for a shaker. I know that some of the originals came with Red Tremors - not a fan of them in general but will get one if it is the only option.

delt31 hopefully we will get some good news from Melissa on Monday about the first 4 machines!

#41 2 years ago

I'm truly honored to read all your amazing comments of my Alien unboxing video part 1. Thank you guys for all the positive vibes!
In the mean time, I filmed more, making part 2 looking closer at the audio issue.

Please help me by sharing this video, i hope everyone that watched part 1, also watches part 2

Thank you guys

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

I'm truly honored to read all your amazing comments of my Alien unboxing video part 1. Thank you guys for all the positive vibes!
In the mean time, I filmed more, making part 2 looking closer at the audio issue.
Please help me by sharing this video, i hope everyone that watched part 1, also watches part 2
Thank you guys

So happy someone like you has the firs

Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Thank you guys

Love the video. Really good feedback on this. Def looks and plays great although I’ curious how the switches are designed/working b/c they seem to be similar to what was used on OG but maybe designed better?

I hear you on the lack of PF screen. Maybe with the LV version? As for the lit side panels - that was another awesome thing about OG but I’m sure the company that sells those lit side blades for other games (like MET) will design something similar for this. Why wouldn’t they? I might just email them directly to give them the idea b/c I don’t think mirrors would do this game justice. It needs that Alien art.

EDIT - these are what I’m talking about. Make them for alien so they light up like original does.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jurassic-park-pinball-powerbladez

Any idea how to install the beacons as I’m sure they will work.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I paid Melissa the balance a few weeks ago now as I’m designated one from the first container that was expected to depart and arrive by now. I trust Melissa with my money and am sure I’ll have one as soon as she receives them.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

PB posted a reply on RETROCENGO Youtube clip "We think that the bass cable and the right loudspeaker cable might be switched. The sound should be pretty good - especially with the fat bass speaker you have in the cabinet’s bottom And as an advanced tip: remove the backglass and find the bass boost knob below the screen, left of the speaker cables..."
David Thiel also commented "I finally watched the entire video. couple things.... looking at the cabinet speaker, that is a good looking driver and should be able to deliver good bass. Having talked with the Pinball Brothers I know that they have a commitment to audio so this is a big surprise. I suspect that it is an assembly problem with switched wires.... Hopefully soon , I will be able to hear a PB Alien in the Northwest so I can evaluate it. The PB audio system was designed to kick ass better than the original. If it is not, there is a problem."
Hopefully a simple fix and can't wait to check out one in person

Hi,
Nice to meet you all, I'm "the one" from France
I confirm that i had the same problem with cables routing for the Speaker and after seen Retrocengo clip (Hi man btw, great clips, both of em !) i bet the factory may have a glitch into the assembly procedure ?
I did not have the previous Heighway version but i immediately found something wrong with sound, now it's a BLAST of Bass.

Now, I'm also waiting for the Shaker but i'd like to let you know that, when correctly routed, the (HighEnd Woofer) will shake your Cab itself !

Concerning the speakers routing problems, we have to keep in mind that these are currently the very first machines and even the Factory have to become friendly with

Joining two picts where you can see my Dyson Vacuum on the very right.

IMG_6814 (resized).jpgIMG_6814 (resized).jpgIMG_6815 (resized).jpgIMG_6815 (resized).jpg
#45 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

..waiting on the LE (LV?) myself...hope it doesn't disappoint...

Same here but waiting with the SV in hands helps me to keep patience

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackFlag:

Hi,
I confirm that i had the same problem with cables routing for the Speaker and after seen Retrocengo clip (Hi man btw, great clips, both of em !) i bet the factory may have a glitch into the assembly procedure ?
I did not have the previous Heighway version but i immediately found something wrong with sound, now it's a BLAST of Bass.
Now, I'm also waiting for the Shaker but i'd like to let you know that, when correctly routed, the (HighEnd Woofer) will shake your Cab itself !
Concerning the speakers routing problems, we have to keep in mind that these are currently the very first machines and even the Factory have to become friendly with
Joining two picts where you can see my Dyson Vacuum on the very right. [quoted image][quoted image]

Hello mr. France Happy you fixed the sound problem, huge difference

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Do you know if the machine you guys received is a test or prototype and if the production games will be any different?

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackFlag:

Same here but waiting with the SV in hands helps me to keep patience

Smart man! Doing the same. Why not too - SE has already sold out and will be an easy sell once LE comes. These guys can't pump games out fast enough especially at that price point.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Halo Mr Denmark !

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Do you know if the machine you guys received is a test or prototype and if the production games will be any different?

I won't say they are prototypes but anyway they're the very first ones and We (with Cengo) are reporting about things that have to be updated or fixed.
I'm not worry if you have one on the way, there's no big Deal, you'll (certainly) enjoy the Beast as we do !

Quoted from delt31:

Smart man! Doing the same. Why not too - SE has already sold out and will be an easy sell once LE comes. These guys can't pump games out fast enough especially at that price point.

You're damn right man and coming from another smart guy i won't have expected the opposite :p

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackFlag:

Hi,
Joining two picts where you can see my Dyson Vacuum on the very right. [quoted image][quoted image]

Stern and PB are trying to make the ugliest apron cards as possible..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-club-by-pinball-brothers-she-s-back?hl=fsumassey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.