Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by T-800
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It all comes down to 1 question...
Do you think the new HP will succeed?
If yes, then dont buy.
If no, then you have other questions to ask.
>>Do you love the game and really want it no matter what?
If yes, then price will only go up if no more are made.

to reply to this, I would say the game is 95% complete in code and just polish mainly (plus final final mode)
I am not sure what parts are irreplaceable. There really isnt much from a mech POV that is not replaceable with off the shelf stuff. Cosmetics and plastics are I suppose, but those can be remade. Zotac is off the shelf. Light boards I suppose are the biggest game specific thing.

Light boards, lights, switches. All have functionality issues and all are proprietary. To me that means a lot do the game is not easy to fix, maintain, or replace. Huge risk if things don't make it at Heighway. It may become rare, but it may become a rare brick just like some of the full throttles out there have.

#30 6 years ago

I owned the game two months and had LEDs and switches acting up. Parts were not available from Heighway or other sources as the inductive switches have custom mounting hardware. The game relies heavily on those boards, LEDs, and inductive sensors. To say that they are easily replaced I think is very misleading to a potential owner. On top of being hard to find switching it any of the switches or LEDs can require removing large sections under the playfield to access what may be problematic. Even then it's hard to say if issues are LED specific, board specific, connector specific, and a lack of manual of any sorts from Heighway was also problematic. Variation in time zones made customer service an issue in addition to them frequently telling me to check connectors or make sure a bulb or sensor was connected to board properly. I was also told by Heighway that some of the lighting issues could be electrical interference from wiring within the game.

My advice to anyone is wait it out.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

to say that it is a faulty switch or light would be very misleading also.

Yes you're right and I'm not the one saying it, it was Heighway tech support and not me. I'm explaining exactly what happened on the machine in my possession previously. Hours and hours of footage of it being streamed where the problem is visible both before and after several attempts at Heighway's suggested fixes. The machine continued to have more and more issues arise the more it was played. Again just my experience on my former machine.

Also still waiting on all the spare sensors and LEDs and LED strip and Xenomorph mech and drop target mech I was promised multiple times to give to new owner. Not holding my breath but ideally new owners deliver like they have said.

Heighway Pinball team US was incredibly helpful with as much as they could be. The U.K. Side left much to be desired.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-buying-advice?tu=tsskinne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.