Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Kneissl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Alien or Ghostbusters”

• Alien 116 votes
      37%
    • Ghostbusters 200 votes
      63%

(316 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

467933_(resized).jpg
    600full-sigourney-weaver_(resized).jpg
    SigournyWeaver_(resized).jpg
    DRAMA-TRAIN-624x467_(resized).jpg
    28_(resized).jpg
    tumblr_no5si2yks61qmbokso1_1280_(resized).jpg
    fabio_(resized).jpg
    Dude-Wheres-My-Car_(resized).jpg
    dude_(resized).jpg
    Image-1_(resized).png
    30b6bfe053aa38e2f64c53c00d66c076_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Bogey_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    iWKad22h_(resized).jpg
    There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 8 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

I'm with ya 100% Haze. Large dot cheap dmd displays got to go Stern. Not even Orange quality dmds anymore.
    I know I'm seeking to beat up on Trudeau here, (and that's not my intention!), but his track record is lackluster since CFTBL.

Not really, Congo, Judge Dread, and Mustang are all solid games. Not great but solid B titles that you can get at a good price. Flinstones and WWE suck but all 5 of those games have terible themes. How great would some of the other designers do with those themes?

#102 8 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Not really, Congo, Judge Dread, and Mustang are all solid games. Not great but solid B titles that you can get at a good price. Flinstones and WWE suck but all 5 of those games have terible themes. How great would some of the other designers do with those themes?

Fantastic counterpoint, but who wants to spend 7 grand on a B title? I don't.

Out of all those, only Mustang was half decent and none will ever get my collection love. This will be Trudeaus time to shine with a top tier title then. Let the pressure commence. Give JJP and Heighway a run for their money.

#103 8 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

I'm with ya 100% Haze. Large dot cheap dmd displays got to go Stern. Not even Orange quality dmds anymore.
    I know I'm seeking to beat up on Trudeau here, (and that's not my intention!), but his track record is lackluster since CFTBL.

It seems a little unfair to blame the game designers ... I'm pretty sure it's been management and bean counters at Stern that are stalling innovation.

#104 8 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

It seems a little unfair to blame the game designers ... I'm pretty sure it's been management and bean counters at Stern that are stalling innovation.

Steve Ritchie made things his way and still worked with the bean counters. It's doable. I'm not blaming Trudeau, just not digging his interview in Pinball magazine and his overall track record of designs, despite title. I'm sure he's an awesome guy and I'll just play a wait and see approach on anything other than Ritchie, Lyman and Borg.

#105 8 years ago

I like both themes. If good I will get both. I like Stern reliability and service though. Highway needs a good dist network and knowledge repair techs to make me comfortable.

#107 8 years ago

I'd have to play them to pick between the pinball games, but on theme alone I would pick Ghostbusters.

1 month later
    #108 8 years ago

It's a close one, I think both could be great! If there is a lock using the Alien's mouth: Alien. If there are modes with a Pepper's ghost: Ghostbusters.

1 month later
    #109 8 years ago

Alien 100%..

#111 8 years ago

Tentative nod to Alien. For now.

1 month later
    #112 7 years ago

Now that Ghostbusters has been released, is anyone switching their preference to or from either title?

#113 7 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

Now that Ghostbusters has been released, is anyone switching their preference to or from either title?

No

#114 7 years ago

So here we go again.

A pin people have played, vs an imaginary game that isn't out and nobody played. All polls like this are straight up dumb.

If you ever think you can base a pin purely on theme, you are either new, or a slow learner.

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

You revived a Kaneda thread? From NY. Hmmm. :p

#116 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

So here we go again.
    A pin people have played, vs an imaginary game that isn't out and nobody played. All polls like this are straight up dumb.
    If you ever think you can base a pin purely on theme, you are either new, or a slow learner.

I'm neither, but am more than content on where I'm at in the Alien process. Whether it ends up being a great machine or not...anyone's guess at this point (it's not imaginary, btw, just not released yet).

As far as the "poll", you are 100% correct....consider the source, however...this type of thread was extremely in line w what had been coming from him. No surprises there (and glad most of that crap is off of PS)...

10 months later
    #117 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Funny....Alien is getting a lot of attention in the responses but Ghostbusters is kicking its ass in the poll.
    I think both are great themes but I think Ghostbusters makes for the better pinball theme and would certainly outsell Alien.

Wonder how this poll would go now?

Flash forward 10 months and I never did get a Ghostbusters (like I planned)....and no longer plan to. Meanwhile I have an Alien on order.

#118 7 years ago

I don't remember what I voted, but it was probably GB (And i'm also in for an Alien)

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-or-ghostbusters/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.