Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Kneissl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Alien or Ghostbusters”

• Alien 116 votes
      37%
    • Ghostbusters 200 votes
      63%

(316 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

467933_(resized).jpg
    600full-sigourney-weaver_(resized).jpg
    SigournyWeaver_(resized).jpg
    DRAMA-TRAIN-624x467_(resized).jpg
    28_(resized).jpg
    tumblr_no5si2yks61qmbokso1_1280_(resized).jpg
    fabio_(resized).jpg
    Dude-Wheres-My-Car_(resized).jpg
    dude_(resized).jpg
    Image-1_(resized).png
    30b6bfe053aa38e2f64c53c00d66c076_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Bogey_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    iWKad22h_(resized).jpg
    There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 8 years ago

Two great films. Two incredible themes for Pinball. Which one excites you more? Both may be coming out around the same time, and for the same amount. If you had to choose, which one?

#2 8 years ago

Neither.

Alien excited me as a theme but Heighway is unknown to me.
    GB is a classic movie but I'm not a fan boy or anything.

Plus I don't care till I play them.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Neither.
    Alien excited me as a theme but Heighway is unknown to me.
    GB is a classic movie but I'm not a fan boy or anything.
    Plus I got care till I play them.

Heighway is new, but Full Throttle quality is top notch.

#5 8 years ago

this is tough for me.

Both are themes that I loved to death as a kid.

I had tons of Alien toys, watched all the movies with my best friend at the time, and use to play A VS P on jaguar with my brother

I also had like all the ghostbuster toys and was even a ghostbuster for Halloween

but nowadays neither really excite me that much

I would have to see gameplay at the least to make my decision

#6 8 years ago

Alien.

Can't imagine a layout from Stern that would rival the layout we've seen for Alien. Prove me wrong, Stern!

#7 8 years ago

Theme-wise Ghostbusters by far, but what we've seen of the playfield and such of Alien from Heighway does look incredible. Assuming Ghostbusters is a Trudeau game, though, makes me excited to see what he can do now that Stern has given him a good theme to work with.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Alien.
    Can't imagine a layout from Stern that would rival the layout we've seen for Alien. Prove me wrong, Stern!

I have to agree. Stern's been real cookie cutter as of late. Now that being said, some of the cookies are really yummy when the theme, art, shots and integration all click. My big concern with Stern lately is we get nothing innovative or new. Whereas Heighway knows it Alien is the pin that will put them on the map. Not a make or break pin, but a chance for them to show how passionate they are. With Aurich and Andrew both HUGE Alien fans, I think they will do it justice.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

With Aurich and Andrew both HUGE Alien fans, I think they will do it justice.

Eh we'll see.

#10 8 years ago

lawlors new game.

#11 8 years ago

Can you add "none of the above" to the poll? It is 2015 going on 2016 now.
    Might as well do Gone With the Wind.

#12 8 years ago

I think GB will be shipping around or at least 6 months or more ahead......Maybe Both?

#13 8 years ago

To early to tell. I am leaning towards Alien, cause Stern just cant amaze me anymore these days.

#14 8 years ago

Alien by far, I liked Ghostbuster's 1 and 2 when I was a kid and still enjoy them today but no interest in it as a theme for pinball, plus the custom call outs would be brutal and that song over and over could cause a killing spree. Is it going to be based on the new film with the broads or the classic's?

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Is it going to be based on the new film with the broads or the classic's?

"broads"? Seriously?

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

"broads"? Seriously?

I don't think they are men in disguise.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I don't think they are men in disguise

Are you sure about that?
    Broads -
    Word for a woman. Less respectable than lady but much more respectable than bitch. Man, look at those two broads.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I don't think they are men in disguise.

iWKad22h_(resized).jpgiWKad22h_(resized).jpg

#19 8 years ago

Seriously, bitchin about "broads"? Take your lame pc crap elsewhere, most of the country is really sick and tired of it.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from no-extra-balls:

Seriously, bitchin about "broads"?

Yeah. This is a thread about ancient movies. Broad was a common word used in many old movies. Guys like Humphrey Bogart said it. And who is going to argue with him! Or would you prefer dames?

#21 8 years ago

Tough choice. I may be in for both.

#22 8 years ago

I'm in on Alien, but may be completely out on GB. With Trudeau designing....I'm gonna... Wait and see how this plays out.

#23 8 years ago

I'm more of a fan of Ghostbusters than Alien but I am going to wait and see. The Ghostbusters theme would get old quickly if it's the main background music.

#24 8 years ago

Check my Avatar ( and my wish list) not even close for me ( theme wise ).....I'm already in on it.....

#25 8 years ago

Can t believe bitch or fuck is so pejorative in this day and age. Yes I say fuck all the time cause I grew up listening to movies and people say fuck all the time. But that doesnt mean I'm angry or not happy. Girls call themselves bitches all day long Anywhere I go.

I was just curious about that cause I see a lot of people getting upset about it.

Anyway don't wanna start a debate or get 1000 thumbs down.

Ghostbusters is more interesting from my point of view and if it's a LCD even better but not planning on buying one.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I was just curious about that cause I see a lot of people getting upset about it.

It's the younger generation making up all these new rules. You can't trust them any farther than you can throw them.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Alien by far, I liked Ghostbuster's 1 and 2 when I was a kid and still enjoy them today but no interest in it as a theme for pinball, plus the custom call outs would be brutal and that song over and over could cause a killing spree.

Hilarious, and on point.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It's the younger generation making up all these new rules. You can't trust them any farther than you can throw them.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#29 8 years ago

And Ghostbusters is 100% coming? Or is this a hypothetical comparison of titles?

#30 8 years ago

My vote is for Ghostbusters. I'm a big Alien fan as well but when it comes to buying another NIB pin I want something that appeals to myself, wife, family and friends. Ghostbusters does that while not everyone is going to enjoy Alien. Ghostbusters is just more of a fun and funny theme then Alien and those are two qualities I want in my next pin.

#31 8 years ago

Is the Alien pinball going to be "Alien" or "Aliens"? I read there will be call outs from the second film "Aliens" (Cameron) Which Alien is Ridley Scott. Or is it based on the whole franchise?

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm a big Alien fan as well but when it comes to buying another NIB pin I want something that appeals to myself, wife, family and friends.

This explains why there are so many lame themes out there, those damn family and friends getting in my way again, all the best and Happy Holidays.

#33 8 years ago

Seriously, bitchin about "broads"? Take your lame pc crap elsewhere, most of the country is really sick and tired of it.

Really. Guys hanging out together can call each other pussies with no problem. But say it here on Pinside, and all the PC police come out of the woodwork and act like they're so above everybody else. Makes them feel special.

My vote is for neither game, btw. Waiting on Star Wars.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from Naf:

Is the Alien pinball going to be "Alien" or "Aliens"? I read there will be call outs from the second film "Aliens" (Cameron) Which Alien is Ridley Scott. Or is it based on the whole franchise?

Machine is " Alien" , however both of the films are covered in gameplay ( choose your course)...brilliant!!!

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Really. Guys hanging out together can call each other pussies with no problem.

Around here it's assholes. I'm an asshole, your an asshole, we're all a bunch of assholes! And the more we drink the bigger assholes we become.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Machine is " Alien" , however both of the films are covered in gameplay ( choose your course)...brilliant!!!

Thats so great, I'm all about the first film, liked the second but the marine's kinda ruined it for me until they started getting killed, ofcourse Hicks and Hudson were good. I really hope we get a major update soon.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Around here it's assholes. I'm an asshole, your an asshole, we're all a bunch of assholes! And the more we drink the bigger assholes we become.

I don't drink, you asshole.

#38 8 years ago

Watch out, everybody. Rarehero is on another thumbs-down bender tonight...

Merry Christmas, Rarehero!

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't drink, you asshole.

Sometimes I find myself yelling "assholes" at the pinball machines.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Merry Christmas, Rarehero!

Oh yeah, I'm on his radar as well, if only there was a Family Guy marathon on Happy Holidays Rarehero.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Maybe he's not spending enough time with broads but too much time with assholes.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Maybe he's not spending enough time with broads but too much time with assholes.

If you saw how much weight I've put on recently, you'd realize I'm a both: a broad asshole.

And can I just point out...it's about damn time that I get to derail a Kaneda thread for once, rather than the other way around...

#43 8 years ago

I agree. And I hope they don't go with the broads. That would be terrible.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh yeah, I'm on his radar as well, if only there was a Family Guy marathon on Happy Holidays Rarehero.

I noticed he thumbed you down a lot so I thumb you up because I liked your points. I need to use broads more in my everyday conversation. See what you guys can do to an impressionable young lad such as myself?

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah. This is a thread about ancient movies. Broad was a common word used in many old movies. Guys like Humphrey Bogart said it. And who is going to argue with him! Or would you prefer dames?

Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I read this as he was in for broads and dames. Good choice.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I read this as he was in for broads and dames. Good choice.

Bogey_(resized).jpgBogey_(resized).jpg

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Heighway is new, but Full Throttle quality is top notch.

You own one?

#48 8 years ago

I am guilty of speaking like I was born in 1922 but I love it, well its mix of that and Beldar Conehead with just a hint of Archie Bunker, what a winning combo and explanation for my popularity. PC people can kiss me right between the back pockets.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Broads AND dames?

#50 8 years ago

Throw in a wench or two and you got yourself a deal!

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-or-ghostbusters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.