77%

(282 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Justin-Bieber-Dyed-Hair (resized).jpg
50stb005 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 2.09.36 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 2.09.45 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 6 years ago

Total Nuclear Annihilation or Houdini would get my money first.

2 months later
#135 6 years ago

We will have both games side by side at the European Pinball Championship in Boras, Sweden this week end. I had the privilege to play both games in succession for a couple of hours.

In terms of theme... Alien of course. The video clips are well integrated. The bumpers are really cool. The Xenomorph is a really nice toy.

In terms of shot map... it's not even close; DI has one of the best layouts ever designed - really.

DI has flow, Alien has flaws. Some of them can be addressed (very poor lighting of the lower area; a few bugs; Alien's lower right flipper was a bit weak, game is much slower than Full throttle, etc...), some won't be easy - feeding the upper flipper for example.

You really have to play both games before deciding. As a player, my choice would be DI without hesitation.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

We will have both games side by side at the European Pinball Championship in Boras, Sweden this week end. I had the privilege to play both games in succession for a couple of hours.
In terms of theme... Alien of course. The video clips are well integrated. The bumpers are really cool. The Xenomorph is a really nice toy.
In terms of shot map... it's not even close; DI has one of the best layouts ever designed - really.
DI has flow, Alien has flaws. Some of them can be addressed (very poor lighting of the lower area; a few bugs; Alien's lower right flipper was a bit weak, game is much slower than Full throttle, etc...), some won't be easy - feeding the upper flipper for example.
You really have to play both games before deciding. As a player, my choice would be DI without hesitation.

Just a follow-up: I could play Alien again the next day. Some of the issues (weaker flipper for instance) were solved. It played better. Only one bug during multiball (one ball would not launch)
I still prefer DI, but but not by the huge margin I described the day before. Alien has a relatively slow learning curve and some interesting rules. Solving poor GI illumination of the lower PF should be easy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-or-dialed-in?tu=jlm33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.