77%

(282 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Justin-Bieber-Dyed-Hair (resized).jpg
50stb005 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 2.09.36 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 2.09.45 PM (resized).png
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You got to figure he likes Canadian bacon though, he is human after all.

No one really eats that.

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well I can just judge from what I actually played myself (I played both at a bar in Buffalo and preferred Alien). That being said I went out and bought DI too bc it's amazing too. We're talking about two great games. IMO they are both right up there but only time will tell. HP is also not out of the woods by any means but I love the comments about throwing your money away considering JJP used to be in almost the same boat and look at them now.
Bottom line if someone is making a great pin, I'm there to support them. hence my money going towards DI AND Alien!

Yeah, I played the exact same alien in buffalo. It broke, crashed, or crapped out every time I tried playing it, always in different fashion. When it wasn't crashing, it was a clunky hot mess that didn't impress.

You are rewarding them for making an Alien game, not because they made a good game. Comparing a half-baked work in progress like Alien to dialed in is an insult to JJP really. Comparing a company that has already gone out of business once and clearly has no future to JJP is offensive in its cluelessness.

I have "no skin in the game," unlike you, and I can speak free of agenda. I've played enough of full throttle and Alien to know it's a complete joke to compare either to Dialed in.

Seems like almost Everyone knows how the heighway story is going to end, in very short fashion. Except a few people I guess.

#153 6 years ago

Levi - continue telling me what I'm seeing, what I should do and what is going to happen. It's really fitting. Your comments support the name you gave yourself on pinside.

How about this. Let's start to think logically, if possible. What if I actually enjoyed the game I played? Can you imagine that? Oh I'm sorry - you're such a pinball elitist that even if I enjoyed it, I have to be wrong. Got it.

No skin in the game - right. I own both of these machines. You've hid your collection so who knows what's going on with you. I can tell you that based on my plays of both, which were limited at the time, I went with Alien. Could that change? who knows - DI is an amazing game WHICH I OWN. Would it be unimaginable if I actually liked both? Hold on Levi - breath in and out.

Finally - it's amazing that you can predict the future. What else can you see? If HW does go out - fine that's business but don't come on here saying you're smarter than others and its just a few of us that don't "get" it. Please. Save me your BS.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Levi - continue telling me what I'm seeing, what I should do and what is going to happen. It's really fitting. Your comments support the name you gave yourself on pinside.
How about this. Let's start to think logically, if possible. What if I actually enjoyed the game I played? Can you imagine that? Oh I'm sorry - you're such a pinball elitist that even if I enjoyed it, I have to be wrong. Got it.
No skin in the game - right. I own both of these machines. You've hid your collection so who knows what's going on with you. I can tell you that based on my plays of both, which were limited at the time, I went with Alien. Could that change? who knows - DI is an amazing game WHICH I OWN. Would it be unimaginable if I actually liked both? Hold on Levi - breath in and out.
Finally - it's amazing that you can predict the future. What else can you see? If HW does go out - great but don't come on here saying you're smarter than others and its just a few of us that don't "get" it. Please. Save me your BS.

How about you get the fuck over someone having a different opinion than you?

Why are you taking this so personally? You know you aren't actually a xenomorph, right?

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How about you get the fuck over someone having a different opinion than you?
Why are you taking this so personally? You know you aren't actually a xenomorph, right?

I'm perfectly fine that you don't care for this game. I have absolutely NO problem with that. Some people will hate Alien. Great. All good.

What bothers me is your higher than mighty BS making others who like it seem like that can't be possible. That you're smarter than us and that we're not seeing things right. That's what I take offense too.

I'll leave it at that. Just be considerate of how you come off to others - putting them down b/c they don't agree with you. Not a fan of that.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wait until the containers start flowing.
Obviously the theme BLOWS AWAY the cell phone game

Agreed....don’t care what everyone likes, care about what I like.....defend DI as the best ever.....not in my game room, and will never stare at that damn selfie/ phone thing in my game room......
POTCCE? A must have as it’s a theme that works, and looks phenomenal.

AlienLE? These are coming......would I take it over DI? A grail vs cartoon comic book. Look at the new pics...read the new gameplay. Again...could give a shit from the geniuses or wizards on here ....Alien wins, Hands down. Played a Proto, and the machine is deep....

down.

#157 6 years ago

Good luck getting alien. I have been waiting 3 years and still no machine. I am also concerned about support for the game. May be tough to get support and repair parts. JJP and Dialed in are awesome. I have a CE machine and it’s great. Get Dialed In. Fun standard size game. Alien does not play so well. Wide body games can be slow and clunky. This one is for sure. I played Alien in a Texas. Game is not great unfortunately.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I can not say this for sure but second hand know that an owner of Full Throttle said the game breaks all the time and basically unfixable so its a colossal waste of money and wasn't a great playing game in the first place. So I would surely go with JJP DI just because of how shaky Heighway is right now.

I can't say this for sure but second hand know an owner of a Mercedes S class that went through a transmission in the first 30,000 miles and had one electrical problem after another and was basically a colossal waste of money and wasn't a great driving car in the first place.

#159 6 years ago

Dialed In 1000%. Played an Alien a couple times at Allentown/York and wasn't all that impressed. I am of the breed, however, that theme is not the most important thing in a pin. How a game plays, theme integration, and fun factor win it for me.

The Hobbit is a classic case of theme not making the difference (for me). I LOVE LOTR/Hobbit theme (and I think LOTR is one of the best pins ever made as well), but after owning The Hobbit and wanting to love it, it just wasn't fun to play to me, so off it went.

While the DI theme is not the most exciting theme to me, it has to be one of the most fun games I've ever played, and I can't get enough. I've never played a new game I've bought as obsessively as I've been playing DI. I've been waking up early every day just so I can play it before I go to work...and playing it almost all evening after work (between eating and spending time with my dogs ).

Again, to each their own...not bashing Alien, just adding my opinion to a thread asking for opinions

#160 6 years ago

Yeah dialed in is a very fun game. Addicting. You just know the game is destined to be a classic. I say alien now but dialed in has really impressed me after playing it for weeks. Will be in interesting battle when I have both.

#161 6 years ago

I've said this before, but there really is no comparison. That being said I would add Alien to my collection in a heartbeat. Its a fun game that I think would compliment my collection. The challenge I have is the following:

1. Zero chance I'll put down a deposit to a company I believe tried, but failed miserably....
2. The chance of really getting the machine is very risky
3. If I do get the machine not sure anyone will be around to support it...this is a really big deal

If Alien ever makes it to the states, and someone "actually" has it for sale I'll buy it....but to compare it to DI is a bit of a joke...one is real and one is a bit of a pipe dream....

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

A Canadian living in Toronto who doesn't watch the Leafs? Now I've heard everything! Next you'll be telling us you don't like Tim Horton's or the Canadian Ballet either. Madness I tell you!

I live in Toronto, don’t watch the leafs, have been to Tim Hortons maybe 10 times, and Canadian Ballet?? Ballet?? Really?

#163 6 years ago

I can’t comment on Aliens as I have never played it, but I would be worried about the company supporting it. I did play Dialed In, and loved it. I have an order in for one. I am selling a pin, to make room for it, so my opinion is a little biased.
I would not purchase a pin without playing it first. Once I get to play Aliens maybe I will change my thinking.
While theme is nice, it’s not really that important for me. A game has to be fun, and allow me to get in the “zone” while playing. Not all pins do that for me. Dialed in does.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If Alien ever makes it to the states

My Alien is in the states. Arrived by ship on Monday and arrived at the distributor today.

#165 6 years ago

Played them both today. Alien is fine, Alien guys will love it but Dialed In! is just so fun and smooth to shoot.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

We will have both games side by side at the European Pinball Championship in Boras, Sweden this week end. I had the privilege to play both games in succession for a couple of hours.
In terms of theme... Alien of course. The video clips are well integrated. The bumpers are really cool. The Xenomorph is a really nice toy.
In terms of shot map... it's not even close; DI has one of the best layouts ever designed - really.
DI has flow, Alien has flaws. Some of them can be addressed (very poor lighting of the lower area; a few bugs; Alien's lower right flipper was a bit weak, game is much slower than Full throttle, etc...), some won't be easy - feeding the upper flipper for example.
You really have to play both games before deciding. As a player, my choice would be DI without hesitation.

Just a follow-up: I could play Alien again the next day. Some of the issues (weaker flipper for instance) were solved. It played better. Only one bug during multiball (one ball would not launch)
I still prefer DI, but but not by the huge margin I described the day before. Alien has a relatively slow learning curve and some interesting rules. Solving poor GI illumination of the lower PF should be easy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-or-dialed-in/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.