• Latest reply 5 years ago by BladeFury
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4B66C4BF-1777-45A0-BEDA-8933A5C6DC9C.jpeg
CC511D20-AFFD-486F-A000-69AC7D0ADA6E (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This market is absolutely insane. If I'm a manufacturer, I'm getting a great theme, making 100 only and selling them at 20k and watch them sell out in a week or less.

Easier said than done

#102 5 years ago

hope buyer enjoys the game, 17k for a pin is just absurd !

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

For a rare Alien LE, time and effort the buyer put into it, and collecting parts, its really not that absurd. Some of us paid about that much to obtain this gem. Sigourney weaver called me last week and wanted mine for 20k, I said hell no.

#104 5 years ago
4B66C4BF-1777-45A0-BEDA-8933A5C6DC9C.jpeg4B66C4BF-1777-45A0-BEDA-8933A5C6DC9C.jpeg
#105 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Weren’t able to get one ? Coin taker screwed me over big time when I wanted one kept leading me on and on and on they actually cost me another 5k to get one

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Weren’t able to get one ? Coin taker screwed me over big time when I wanted one kept leading me on and on and on they actually cost me another 5k to get one

Nightmare!

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

$20k for a BBB, $20k for a TBL, $25k for a Magic Girl, $25k+ for a King Kong, $25k+ for a Krull. You are correct - all of those prices are outrageous, but rarity commands a price.

Unlike most of the rare games listed above, Alien has polished code, a great theme and is a fun game. Congrats to the buyer - you are going to really enjoy your purchase!

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

My original bill of sale from Highway was about a grand less than that. Lost my deposit, waited over 3 years, and was fortunate to find one right before they tanked for much more $$$. Company's fault, not the machines.

Better yet, let's start complaining in a FS thread about the days when you could buy BSD's all day for $500 and the like.

This machine will always command a very high price now...Buyer (apparently multiple tried) and seller are happy...time to move on ..is what it is

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Easier said than done

Really..... Watch this

Jaws
Brian Eddy
Only 200

GONE in less than a week or maybe a day. The scalpers alone will buy them up bc they know people like the guy who just bought this for 17k are around.

Stern is reading this thread and saying holy shit he's right...... And they should do it bc who knows how long this money machine will be around.

If I'm boutique I'm spending money on a license, limiting quantity and pricing high. Seems like the recipe for success. I'm definitely not doing original IP.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really..... Watch this
Jaws
Brian Eddy
Only 200
GONE in less than a week or maybe a day. The scalpers alone will buy them up bc they know people like the guy who just bought this for 17k are around.
Stern is reading this thread and saying holy shit he's right...... And they should do it bc who knows how long this money machine will be around.
If I'm boutique I'm spending money on a license, limiting quantity and pricing high. Seems like the recipe for success. I'm definitely not doing original IP.

Not sure if you caught the recent Beatles Diamond release, Supreme, etc. And saying "people like the guy who just bought this for $17k are around" is just insulting to him.

Well, you have your business model....off to the bank.....good grief.....out of this one....

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My original bill of sale from Highway was about a grand less than that. Lost my deposit, waited over 3 years, and was fortunate to find one right before they tanked for much more $$$. Company's fault, not the machines.
Better yet, let's start complaining in a FS thread about the days when you could buy BSD's all day for $500 and the like.
This machine will always command a very high price now...Buyer (apparently multiple tried) and seller are happy...time to move on ..is what it is

I am over it but some people lost lots of money on this pin and I feel for them.

Played Alien at the Allentown show a bunch and it was a pretty good pin. Not good enough for me to pay big bucks for it. If it had all worked out back in 2015-16 and I had received mine it would have been great but it did NOT.. Moved on and on since..

Keep flippin !!!!

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not sure if you caught the recent Beatles Diamond release, Supreme, etc. And saying "people like the guy who just bought this for $17k are around" is just insulting to him.
Well, you have your business model....off to the bank.....good grief.....out of this one....

Can we all stop being so damn sensitive?

Sorry but if someone is going to drop 17k on Alien, which I won't outline the risks around, they can't be surprised about others talking about it. I'm now commenting on the state of the market and as of now, using this as a good example, risks don't appear to matter. It's all about exclusivity - hence my point about if i were a startup, like we're seeing so many, why in the world would you do anything original? Get a proven 80s license, build only a certain amount and sell out quickly. Then peace out until you want to do it again!

#113 5 years ago

If your a collector and have money and you want it, you get it... Simple. Supply and Demand. If you can't afford it, then move on and find something else. If you dont even like Alien , then I dont even understand why you are reading this thread.. seems like a waste of time.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If your a collector and have money and you want it, you get it... Simple. Supply and Demand. If you can't afford it, then move on and find something else. If you dont even like Alien , then I dont even understand why you are reading this thread.. seems like a waste of time.

I love Alien. Great game! Sold mine for good money too when I was tired of it and thought about buying back (even inquired on this one) but was no where close to 17k. Absolutely bonkers IMO to pay that amount for a game no longer supported by its developer (and uses proprietary software that is now being reproduced by the community - who are brillant btw).

That being said, a collector that spends 17k on this game can't be surprised to be called out on what just happened. It's now something interesting to talk about.

#115 5 years ago

Damn, I priced mine too low. Of course it wasn't an LE....but still...

It will be interesting to see where the prices go in a few more years. I keep thinking that there's only so many collectors and only so much space (I know I'm maxed out) and that eventually the supply/demand curve will push prices down. ...but I've been thinking that for a few years now, and it just seems like the opposite is happening - prices keep going up, and up, and up.... when will the bubble burst?

#116 5 years ago

I enjoyed my alien, knowing the prices would be higher down the road... I'm Happy getting a bit more than I paid helping me pick up something fresh. Sweet deal for a hobby.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Damn, I priced mine too low. Of course it wasn't an LE....but still...
It will be interesting to see where the prices go in a few more years. I keep thinking that there's only so many collectors and only so much space (I know I'm maxed out) and that eventually the supply/demand curve will push prices down. ...but I've been thinking that for a few years now, and it just seems like the opposite is happening - prices keep going up, and up, and up.... when will the bubble burst?

Part of that is that the economy has really been good for a long period of time. We all hope it continues, but who knows, some other 'scandal' could bring it all down to 2008 again at any time.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

And just like that it’s gone !

About 30 seconds in:

#119 5 years ago

Only thing that matters is that the seller and buyer are happy! Period!!!!!

#120 5 years ago

Exclamation point.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Part of that is that the economy has really been good for a long period of time. We all hope it continues, but who knows, some other 'scandal' could bring it all down to 2008 again at any time.

The 2008 crash was historically bad, and from all accounts pinball prices didn't plummet then.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok I have two downvotes because I said Alien is an awesome pinball machine

No, you said it was the best pin ever.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Uhhh.. to those that downvoted.. have you guys ever even played one???

Yes. And it's not even ion the top 5 best games.

That you own.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Exclamation point.

Lol love it!!!!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-le-perfect-working-extra-parts/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.