• Latest reply 5 years ago by BladeFury
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4B66C4BF-1777-45A0-BEDA-8933A5C6DC9C.jpeg
CC511D20-AFFD-486F-A000-69AC7D0ADA6E (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

Was the code on this game “finished”, “finished, not polished”, “unfinished”, or “demonstration code”? Thanks.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Was the code on this game “finished”, “finished, not polished”, “unfinished”, or “demonstration code”? Thanks.

Code was finished and pretty polished thanks to Ferret

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Code was finished and pretty polished thanks to ferret

Code is very good. Not overly deep but not simple - nice mix.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

mod - you can buy it sep and install it.

Nope, the lit side panels are not necessarily an aftermarket mod. Heighway shipped SE's with lit side panels from the factory - they were not exclusive to the LE.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Nope, the lit side panels are not necessarily an aftermarket mod. Heighway shipped SE's with lit side panels from the factory - they were not exclusive to the LE.

Not true... my se did not have lit side panels.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

You're correct in that they could be special ordered and installed in the factory so yes, some SE's did come with them installed already. By default, they didn't come with them.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I believe some SEs were shipped with them and others were not.

Also, the backglass is different between the LE and SE.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Not true... my se did not have lit side panels.

Sure, but some did come that way.

My point is that if you see an SE with lit side panels, it is not necessarily an after market mod. Heighway shipped some SE's with them already installed.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Code was finished, with all important I/O board updates on final release. Polished well, and plenty deep. The early, cobbled together games ( by the team's own admission) was lacking the code, and many other key components.

Op's package is very nice if you want the real, solid game.

And you can not create this final rev LE from a standard, period , unless you have access to some unobtanium artwork.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That's important stuff especially the boards

Correct

#61 5 years ago

I had an se it was great but the le definately feels more solid after all it did fall and break my left tibia... so be careful when moving it !

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What's the differences between the le and se?

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I dont remember if backglass is different but yes there is a numbered plaque..

side panel pic here - both backglass and side panel indicate “Limited Edition”

CC511D20-AFFD-486F-A000-69AC7D0ADA6E (resized).jpegCC511D20-AFFD-486F-A000-69AC7D0ADA6E (resized).jpeg
#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

side panel pic here - both backglass and side panel indicate “Limited Edition”[quoted image]

Love that side art.

#65 5 years ago

for 17 k i would have no regrets selling to some sucker.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I second that!

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

That's what you were saying about BM66 LE's and SLE's Robo

Yeah i wouldn't necessarily pay that but if anybody wants one you won't have too many options EVER to get a late run LE.

About 80 LE's total

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

About 80 LE's total

For now.

#69 5 years ago

What does that mean ? How could there be more ?

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

There's not and won't be....possibly cobbled versions will surface (as they started), but the factory that built these very few has been done and gone for some time. GLWS...someone will get a special game if you let it go....

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Why can’t CGC or another company make them? They started remaking MM when it was less expensive than what you’re asking.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Why can’t CGC or another company make them? They started remaking MM when it was less expensive than what you’re asking.

Licensing is a bit more of an issue for this than MM/AFM/MB.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Also the license expired and because of the entire fiasco with the game and so few made it means fox made peanuts on it. No chance they will let someone attempt running with this again.

Additionally the ip of the game is owned by several different entities at this point. You would need to license from each of them and pay them.

No chance this game gets reproduced again.

#75 5 years ago

Did the LEs come with the standard art too? The side panels I could go either way with but the original/standard backglass art is the way to go.

#76 5 years ago

my LE didn't come with standard panels, but you can find them.. the backglass standard I do agree looks better then the LE, but the LE side panels look better then the SE to me.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok I have two downvotes because I said Alien is an awesome pinball machine, its the best in my collection. Uhhh.. to those that downvoted.. have you guys ever even played one???

Yeah. I've worked on and played the one at the VFW Pinball Museum. I don't like it at all. But hey, if you like it fine. I don't.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeah. I've worked on and played the one at the VFW Pinball Museum. I don't like it at all. But hey, if you like it fine. I don't.

I think its just funny that this seller posted his item, and everyone is complaining about the price, then I say its an awesome pinball machine and two people give me down votes. I mean if you dont want it, dont like it.. then go somewhere else and complain.. its hilarious!

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think its just funny that this seller posted his item, and everyone is complaining about the price, then I say its an awesome pinball machine and two people give me down votes. I mean if you dont want it, dont like it.. then go somewhere else and complain.. its hilarious!

Nah, I felt like complaining here.

#80 5 years ago

Can you buy the SE back glass and side panels anywhere?

QSS

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Nah, I felt like complaining here.

Gotta love complainers.. Im one too. Man this guy wants 17k for a freaking pinball machine!? What a jerk! Oh wait.. I dont even want it because I hate Alien. This game sucks ass!

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Gotta love complainers.. Im one too. Man this guy wants 17k for a freaking pinball machine!? What a jerk! Oh wait.. I dont even want it because I hate Alien. This game sucks ass!

But of course if it was sellling for 5k all the cheap bastards will come running.. oh I love alien... I'll take it off your hands.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

In full disclosure, I started off on a bad foot with Alien. The one the VFW got wasn't completely assembled when it came in, and I had to get in there and spend a considerable amount of time to align and mount the Xeno head, then mount the computer in the cabinet as whatever computer it shipped with needed to be replaced with another that required mounting in a different position. Then there were tuning and set-up issues, which I believe we addressed nicely.
After all that, I was just soured on it. So I suppose in total fairness, I should just shut up, LOL.. and not let my tainted views effect other's enjoyment.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Sure, but some did come that way.
My point is that if you see an SE with lit side panels, it is not necessarily an after market mod. Heighway shipped some SE's with them already installed.

Just to clarify, I have one of the earliest prototypes and it has the lit side blades, it's my understanding that the early test games had them, then they were cut from the production Standard models, but included on the LE's that were made.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Just to clarify, I have one of the earliest prototypes and it has the lit side blades, it's my understanding that the early test games had them, then they were cut from the production Standard models, but included on the LE's that were made.

If you're an alien owner, these are a must IMO. The good news is you can install them yourself after the fact which is what I did for mine (although Highway sent them to me already built vs what is available now which is more DIY).

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Also the license expired and because of the entire fiasco with the game and so few made it means fox made peanuts on it. No chance they will let someone attempt running with this again.

Additionally the ip of the game is owned by several different entities at this point. You would need to license from each of them and pay them.

No chance this game gets reproduced again.

1) I don't believe that.
2) Why is that not possible?
3) Never Say never...

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

1) I don't believe that.
2) Why is that not possible?
3) Never Say never...

You dont believe which aspect?

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

, it's my understanding that the early test games had them, then they were cut from the production Standard models, but included on the LE's that were made.

No, some late run SE's had lit side panels from the factory too.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

In full disclosure, I started off on a bad foot with Alien. The one the VFW got wasn't completely assembled when it came in, and I had to get in there and spend a considerable amount of time to align and mount the Xeno head, then mount the computer in the cabinet as whatever computer it shipped with needed to be replaced with another that required mounting in a different position. Then there were tuning and set-up issues, which I believe we addressed nicely.
After all that, I was just soured on it. So I suppose in total fairness, I should just shut up, LOL.. and not let my tainted views effect other's enjoyment.

I feel ya brutha! I bought a RS years back and it gave me so much heartache trying to fix it I almost got out of the hobby all together. Found a great guy who fixed it up for me and I loved it and glad it stayed in the hobby.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

my LE didn't come with standard panels, but you can find them.. the backglass standard I do agree looks better then the LE, but the LE side panels look better then the SE to me.

Yeah I think the best art combo is standard backglass and limited side panels.

#91 5 years ago

And just like that it’s gone !

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Congrats on the sale! Someone will be very happy to get this.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Congrats ....such an awesome game!

#94 5 years ago

Congrats! Please list the sale price. Pretty please!

#95 5 years ago

It sold for full ask.

#96 5 years ago

And there were several offers for it that were at full ask or within a few hundred dollars of it.

#97 5 years ago

Super congrats on sale AND to the new owner!!!

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

And there were several offers for it that were at full ask or within a few hundred dollars of it.

And probably a million pm's ( you don't ever have to post the deal, btw, but a class move imho)

#99 5 years ago

Congrats on your sale........ and my condolences.

QSS

#100 5 years ago

This market is absolutely insane. If I'm a manufacturer, I'm getting a great theme, making 100 only and selling them at 20k and watch them sell out in a week or less.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-le-perfect-working-extra-parts/page/2?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.