cart (resized).JPG
cart (resized).jpg
IMG_1534 (resized).JPG
IMG_1533 (resized).JPG
IMG_0107 (resized).JPG
IMG_0106 (resized).JPG
Onward2 (resized).jpg
onward3 (resized).jpg
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Having received my refund for Aliens, I needed to do something with the $$$. Don't need any more pins, certainly WON'T pre-order any NIB pins, so I took a turn. My old golf cart (2001 model) has seen better days so I went out & bought 2 new Club Car Onwards. Pewter for me and red for my wife. Just waiting for them to add the roof assembly and picking them up on Weds 7/12. And NO, I didn't pre-pay for them!

onward3 (resized).jpgonward3 (resized).jpg

Onward2 (resized).jpgOnward2 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Don't need any more pins,

Blasphemy!! You bite your tongue!!

But honestly congrats on getting your refund.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Blasphemy!! You bite your tongue!!
But honestly congrats on getting your refund.

Thanks-it was through CoinTaker so I wasn't very worried. I DO feel bad for them, though (CoinTaker) as they have to slog through all of this Heighway drama and deal with their mess that they've made for them. They're a top-notch business, so anyone dealing with them need not worry!

#4 6 years ago

Wondering if you could haul a pin in one of those What's the top end speed?

#5 6 years ago

Nothing wrong with some bad ass golf carts. There was thread a while back where people were posting pics of their carts, you should check it out. Mine is a six seater, electric with top speed of 28MPH, led lighting, a fog machine. You can get pretty crazy with thes things and they are a lot of famlily fun.

#6 6 years ago

IMG_0106 (resized).JPGIMG_0106 (resized).JPG

#7 6 years ago

IMG_0107 (resized).JPGIMG_0107 (resized).JPG

#8 6 years ago

Nice golf car.. was Aliens broken?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wondering if you could haul a pin in one of those What's the top end speed?

~19 mph or so for the electrics. You can certainly tweak them to get you to about 25mph. I know that may sound slow, but when you're tooling around in them at top speed it's like a rocket!

#10 6 years ago

Bad news, Norm: Just found out that Andrew Heighway manufactures those golf carts.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Bad news, Norm: Just found out that Andrew Heighway manufactures those golf carts.

Damn my luck lately!!

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hmmm I don't see any missing parts.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Nothing wrong with some bad ass golf carts. There was thread a while back where people were posting pics of their carts, you should check it out. Mine is a six seater, electric with top speed of 28MPH, led lighting, a fog machine. You can get pretty crazy with thes things and they are a lot of famlily fun.

A fog machine? Oh brother, now I want to see a pic.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Press a button and it turns into a hydrofoil

#15 6 years ago

Yep - two more weeks for the roof assemblies but you can jump the line

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

a fog machine.

That's a first, I've never heard of someone installing one of those on a cart.

Where I live it is largely rural, so instead of golf carts, it's mostly UTV's. Most weekends it sounds like an off-road rally going past my house.

#17 6 years ago

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the purpose of a fog machine on a golf cart? Or is this just a joke that I am not "getting"?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the purpose of a fog machine on a golf cart? Or is this just a joke that I am not "getting"?

What is point of RGB lighting? It is cool. The fog machine only works if there is no wind otherwise the fog blows away too quickly. My next step is to probably run the fog tubes out of horns. I think that will be pretty legit. Cart is at a vacation home so I will post some fog video next week.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

That's a first, I've never heard of someone installing one of those on a cart....

Found some cars that did it back in the day.

IMG_1533 (resized).JPGIMG_1533 (resized).JPG

IMG_1534 (resized).JPGIMG_1534 (resized).JPG

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Don't feel bad, I don't even understand the point of owning a golf cart.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I bet there are more people who own a golf cart than own a pinball machine.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Usually it's when you have a nice chunk of land, & like to drive drunk

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Golf?

#24 6 years ago

I've never seen anyone driving their golf cart to the golf course though...do you have to put in in a trailer, drive it there and then unload it?

Even weirder i saw some sort of razor/segway 1 person mobile golf machine whilst I was driving by a course the other day

EDIT: It may have been a "golf board?"

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I've never seen anyone driving their golf cart to the golf course though...do you have to put in in a trailer, drive it there and then unload it?
Even weirder i saw some sort of razor/segway 1 person mobile golf machine whilst I was driving by a course the other day
» YouTube video

Must have been a golf board - MAN those things are pricey. You also need a Class D/operator's license. They are catching on with younger golfers (so says the board of the country club near my parents' house)

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

carry a bag full of golf clubs (&beer!) for a few miles over a course and you'll quickly understand their greatness!

#27 6 years ago

Some suburbs are very golf cart friendly & I have witnessed some sick rigs

LED's, strobes, mega stereo systems & I really do think I've seen one with a fog machine too now that you mention it. Mods mods mods in every hobby lol.

Variety is the spice of life. A new golf cart is far better than a fan layout game with half baked code as of late. Enjoy!

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

A new golf cart is far better than a fan layout game with half baked code as of late. Enjoy!

But is it better than a 2017 Golden Tee LIVE Showpiece game?

I'd love a street legal golf cart. Anyone know of a trusted dealer in west Chicago suburbs? Is there a website that updates current towns that allow golf carts?

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If the gold cart is street legal, you can drive to a nearby course. I wouldn't want to travel great distances in one.

Otherwise you need to haul it. When I had one, I made two ramps and used my pick up truck for transport. After a couple seasons I realized my only benefit, all I was doing is saving my golf partner money. I had to load, unload, and maintain it. And courses charge a fee if you bring your own, and not all courses let you use your own.

Easier to rent one at the course. And split the cost with your partner.

LTG : )

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I don't think that's a bad thing.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

But is it better than a 2017 Golden Tee LIVE Showpiece game?
I'd love a street legal golf cart. Anyone know of a trusted dealer in west Chicago suburbs? Is there a website that updates current towns that allow golf carts?

I dunno but the 2018 Golden Tee is right around the corner

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

What is point of RGB lighting? It is cool. The fog machine only works if there is no wind otherwise the fog blows away too quickly. My next step is to probably run the fog tubes out of horns. I think that will be pretty legit. Cart is at a vacation home so I will post some fog video next week.

So just to show off? I honestly thought there was some real use for it. To spray for mosquitos maybe.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

So just to show off? I honestly thought there was some real use for it. To spray for mosquitos maybe.

I guess you could call it showing off. I would call it freakin awesome!!

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the purpose of a fog machine on a golf cart?

Try getting away in the cart after robbing a bank without a fog machine to provide cover and you'll see.

#35 6 years ago

cart (resized).jpgcart (resized).jpg

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

» YouTube video

$6500 for a motorized scooter.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The price for those is outrageous. I can buy three golf carts for that and rent them for more than I can get for that thing.

#38 6 years ago

Anybody wanna race? I've got this up to 30 mph heading down my second fairway.

cart (resized).JPGcart (resized).JPG

#39 6 years ago

I need a golf cart to teach my daughter how to drive/country livin if anyone in Midwest has one for sale.

#40 6 years ago

We live in a small community and I would say 75% of the families have golf carts. It is so cool to cruise around and be social. Anyone who calls buying a cool golf cart crazy should walk into their game room and look how much they have invested in pins. Everyone is different and has different interests.

A guy I know pimps out gems. Not for me but you still have to give him props.

#41 6 years ago

gem (resized).jpggem (resized).jpg

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

They're $4200 in ohio

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

They're $4200 in ohio

I was just going by the Golfboard website. I am curious if you get that brand for $4200 when their site says $6500. There are some other brands with similar but different products.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I need a golf cart to teach my daughter how to drive/country livin if anyone in Midwest has one for sale.

You should check the ads in yer local Recycler. I'm sure there are deals to be had.

jr9xmp (resized).jpgjr9xmp (resized).jpg

#45 6 years ago

The Villages is over the top!

Senior Citizen Sex Capital!

...............Enjoy your Carts!...................

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#46 6 years ago

Oh yes, this is a Golf Cart....no idea if Andrew is involved!

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

If you're really old and live in Leisure World or some other assisted living community there MIGHT be a use for one.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

We live in a small community and I would say 75% of the families have golf carts. It is so cool to cruise around and be social. Anyone who calls buying a cool golf cart crazy should walk into their game room and look how much they have invested in pins. Everyone is different and has different interests.
A guy I know pimps out gems. Not for me but you still have to give him props.

I have nothing against golf carts. My brother has one and drives it around his neighborhood. I might need one someday to get around. I just don't get the fog machine part.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Carts & Parts in Union City IN

#50 6 years ago

$6500? Our street legal carts at work are $18,500. We can buy real trucks on state contract for way cheaper but they aren't "green" enough. The batteries last about 2 years and forget any distance when it's cold outside. What a waste.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-is-refunded-onto-other-things?hl=niterider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.