Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Sonny_Jim
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

alien.jpg
    Expo 484.JPG
    Expo 486.JPG
    tom-invaders-1.jpg
    aliens vs predator.jpg
    alien.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-10-17 at 9.19.01 PM.png
    Aliens+by+Ken+Taylor+(Regular).jpg
    20141017_185301.jpg
    There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 9 years ago

Aurich...
    I couldn't agree with you more on so many dang topics !

Thanks for your write-ups from Expo.

#102 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Chunky, strange wedgehead

Huh? Pictures show it is square on their site?

#103 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Did they add anything to the director's cut?
    The theatrical release seemed to be missing parts of the story.

The entire movie is missing a story, or a title. Should have been called "At the Mountains of Madness" but that is another thread. Great theme and I'm tempted to pursue a pre-order.

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Chunky, strange wedgehead with the giant company logo is a turn off. Just looks out of place, and the big logo feels way too in your face and subtracts from the theme.

I thought giant logo was gone? As well as logo removed from the translite. At least that's what I thought I saw when I looked at Jared's stream??

#105 9 years ago
    Quoted from mufcmufc:

I thought giant logo was gone? As well as logo removed from the translite. At least that's what I thought I saw when I looked at Jared's stream??

The big logo between the speaker panel was there on the Expo floor at least. Maybe the backbox is square and I'm remembering wrong, it's just chunky around the edges, maybe that's why it feels like a wedgehead.

At least on my Abra Ca Dabra the whole area is basically backglass.

#106 9 years ago

It will be interesting to follow this. Dennis makes some of the most unique designs in pinball, and the Heighway system is very cool! You're getting a lot of game / hardware for $6000.

Also they have inductive solid state switches!

#107 9 years ago

will Alien pin not have a backbox DMD or LCD/OLED ?
    will it only be in the playfield and the backglass is just static art?

thx

#108 9 years ago

Just another MUST HAVE pin, I love my Whitewater!!!

Ramps, more ramps and horror! And a wide body to boot……

What F ing shame I missed this Expo…..

#109 9 years ago

Is there a flipper on the game that makes the ball go back around? I'm confused.

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

thx

This is what I am assuming. And I'm okay with that, I just wish they'd update their design so the whole backbox was art, with some speaker holes, like Circus Voltaire.

#111 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

thx

Correct.

For the system to be modular they have to be the same on all machines...

#112 9 years ago

Wow....
    That's a big brand to do something really different with the backbox.

#113 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Correct.
    For the system to be modular they have to be the same on all machines...

Yep...however the backbox can be tweaked as Aurich was requesting. The modular part is the fitment of the pf and the connectors that lead to their propriety CPU.

#114 9 years ago
    Quoted from MagicMako:

Will this just be based on the first movie? Or the entire Alien/Aliens franchise? I ask because this must have Bill Paxton!

I agree!

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from mufcmufc:

More info here http://heighwaypinball.com/?page_id=1248 just browsed the website. I asked for number 426

#426, why? Does it have a Hemi????

#116 9 years ago
    Quoted from mufcmufc:

More info here http://heighwaypinball.com/?page_id=1248 just browsed the website. I asked for number 426

Quoted from cyber:The LE has the shooter rod on the left side. Must be a British pinball machine.
    See picture:
    http://heighwaypinball.com/?page_id=1248

LOL. Coin door opens backwards as well. Obviously the graphics designer took a shortcut.

#117 9 years ago
    Quoted from bstyles:

LV-426. It's a rock. No indigenous life.

#119 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Have they released any pics of the playfield? CAD drawings?
    -mof

Here you go:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread

#120 9 years ago

Considering the entire point of the Heighway system is its modularity, does anyone find it odd the order form doesn't include that option? Moreover, most of the LE features are on the cabinet itself, removing much of the reuseability of the cabinet. It almost sounds like their strategy is changing...

#121 9 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Considering the entire point of the Heighway system is its modularity, does anyone find it odd the order form doesn't include that option? Moreover, most of the LE features are on the cabinet itself, removing much of the reuseability of the cabinet. It almost sounds like their strategy is changing...

I believe a lot of things were addressed in the Heighway presentation at expo, and Jared's subsequent interview with Andrew. They still haven't determined the final price of the modular Alien game (he said it would be under 4K from what I remember), so I believe that's why it's not on there yet.

If you haven't seen the interview and presentation yet, they are worth a look. They might be helpful with your questions. Link:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/54161494

#122 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Sadly it appears not.

That sucks.

I love Alien, and liked a lot of the Prometheus (best abortion ever!), but it just was not an entire story.

#123 9 years ago

After ball 3 drain it better say "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"! Would be a failure in my books if this is missing.

#124 9 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

In Jared's interview, he was still finalizing pricing, but he did say it will fall between $3500-$3700 for a Full Throttle owner to buy the Alien playfield (includes translite, cabinet art & software).

I did email him that this is his big USP and that price and option needs to be trumpeted. It will only help Full Throttle sales... buy FT get it soon, then get Alien later for a bargain.

#126 9 years ago

sigourney weaver is she doing the call outs ?

Needs to have "Get away from her you BITCH!"

#127 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

sigourney weaver is she doing the call outs ?
    Needs to have "Get away from her you BITCH!"

Seeing that the Queen will be in the game, I'm guessing it rotates in for a Queen battle mode. They have to use the Sigourney quote.

#128 9 years ago

I totally saw this coming as I saw the future in the $50 Flash I bought- here's my post from last week! Coincidence? I think not!

"Just a side note, the inside of this pinball looked like the movie Aliens. I don't know where these people stored this pinball, lady had a 702 area code, but the number of dead spiders inside this machine is unreal. Luckily they are all dead, but they don't look like your friendly neighborhood spiders! They look like nasty ugly poisonous creatures.
    When I was exploring with a flashlight, it was like a bad scene out of Prometheus. I mean every flipping corner there's a dead freaking spider."

#129 9 years ago

I think the people who are expecting to have characters and quotes from the movie might want to temper their expectations. When TWD was announced, I was really excited. And then it became clear that the major characters, quotes, voices, et cet. were in no way appearing in the game. I was really let down and decided to cancel my pre order.

On Heighway's website description of the game there is no reference whatsoever to anything from the movies appearing other than aliens and weapons. Andrew described scenarios in the interview he gave(self destruct, tunnel hunt, et cet.). Also, during the interview with Jared, Andrew was asked about whether quotes, voices, et cet. were in the movie. While he did not say specifically say no, he also did not say that they would be. You can watch it yourself and form your own opinion.

Obviously, I'm speculating (based on the limited knowledge out there). I really hope we see Hudson, Hicks, Ripley, Burke, Bishop, and hear some awesome quotes. But I'm a huge Aliens fan, and I don't want to set my self up for disappointment on this title.

This game might be a kill the aliens "bug hunt" and play great. And I'm sure plenty of people will be happy with that. It would just be a let down for me personally based on what is in the movies.

#130 9 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

I think the people who are expecting to have characters and quotes from the movie might want to temper their expectations. When TWD was announced, I was really excited. And then it became clear that the major characters, quotes, voices, et cet. were in no way appearing in the game. I was really let down and decided to cancel my pre order.
    On Heighway's website description of the game there is no reference whatsoever to anything from the movies appearing other than aliens and weapons. Andrew described scenarios in the interview he gave(self destruct, tunnel hunt, et cet.). Also, during the interview with Jared, Andrew was asked about whether quotes, voices, et cet. were in the movie. While he did not say specifically say no, he also did not say that they would be. You can watch it yourself and form your own opinion.
    Obviously, I'm speculating (based on the limited knowledge out there). I really hope we see Hudson, Hicks, Ripley, Burke, Bishop, and hear some awesome quotes. But I'm a huge Aliens fan, and I don't want to set my self up for disappointment on this title.
    This game might be a kill the aliens "bug hunt" and play great. And I'm sure plenty of people will be happy with that. It would just be a let down for me personally based on what is in the movies.

Did you watch the interview Jared did? Sounds like Heighway is obsessed with Alien(s) and could not discuss a lot of the detail. I am pretty sure he would not release a game with fill-in actor voices and do another TWD production.

#131 9 years ago

Well I don't know...predator a sub 5k game with limited numbers but it has movie clips and speech..why is it so hard to get them to green light that in Alien?

#132 9 years ago
    Quoted from LITZ:

Did you watch the interview Jared did? Sounds like Heighway is obsessed with Alien(s) and could not discuss a lot of the detail. I am pretty sure he would not release a game with fill-in actor voices and do another TWD production.

Yeah. I watched it multiple times. He says the player is "the character" in the game. Sometimes what is not said is as important as what is. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. But I'm preparing myself to not be.

#133 9 years ago

Could be cool if your the main character but the voice work has to be at least well done, LITZ is right can't be a hillbilly doing the call outs.

#134 9 years ago

This is my pin excitment level.

#1 TBL
    #2 Aliens
    #3 WOOLE

I enjoy Aliens more than TBL (movie wise) but until I see a whitewood or more detailed playfield look, I will just keep watching and drooling. I really like how the design looks and Dennis has a lot of our attention now.

#135 9 years ago
    Quoted from LITZ:

I am pretty sure he would not release a game with fill-in actor voices

If they are hiring the actual cast for any voiceover work, they better hurry. Some of the actors like Harry Dean Stanton are 90 years old.

#136 9 years ago

I know for a fact one of the guys that helped dev'd this Aliens Legacy Future Pinball table (SlamT1LT) works for Heighway. If it's anything like this, we're in for a treat.

#137 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfanoz:

I know for a fact one of the guys that helped dev'd this Aliens Legacy Future Pinball table (SlamT1LT) works for Heighway. If it's anything like this, we're in for a treat.
    » YouTube video

Wow, so many call outs on that virtual. No need to hire voiceover when you can pick from the movies.

#138 9 years ago

oooooo.....
    i totally dig a real-time radar display that turns on and shows "moving" alien targets across the playfield. changing the location of which physical targets to hit as they get closer to the flippers.

wish the person demo'ing the game would have used the upper 2 flippers.

#139 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Wow, so many call outs on that virtual. No need to hire voiceover when you can pick from the movies.

Yes, like with Predator half the lines in these movies (especially Aliens) are beloved catch-phrases, no need to add much custom voice work. If they need a few pinball-specific phrases, It should be easy to hire someone to do the self-destruct countdown voice from the end of Aliens, that'd probably be better than getting celebrity impersonator(s), where if you're even 10% off it's just distracting instead of cool.

#140 9 years ago

Can't be that difficult to assemble the original cast. All of them minus Ian Holm re-teamed for the video game Alien: Isolation. They still have love of the franchise and want to see it continue. I'm sure it didn't pay very well, but they enjoyed it.

#141 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfanoz:

» YouTube video

Wow...nice. The music and callouts were great.

#142 9 years ago

Still my favorite virtual game to date. So well done, this is what Nordman and crew I hope are aiming for.

#143 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Can't be that difficult to assemble the original cast. All of them minus Ian Holm re-teamed for the video game Alien: Isolation. They still have love of the franchise and want to see it continue. I'm sure it didn't pay very well, but they enjoyed it.

I'll go out on a limb and guess that the budget for Alien: Isolation was slightly higher than for this -- or any other -- pinball game.

Also, I was reminded of 007: From Russia With Love on the PS2 where Sean Connery did the voice work. Even though it was fun to hear him, he sounded much older than 1963 Connery to the point where it was distracting, and I imagine that could come up if you hired Lance Henriksen or someone to do voice work on this game.

#144 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

From Ain't It Cool:

Sadly it appears not.
    I'm excited to see this game, a lot, but I do wish the Heighway backbox had been looked at again. Really not feeling it. Chunky, strange wedgehead with the giant company logo is a turn off. Just looks out of place, and the big logo feels way too in your face and subtracts from the theme.

Already breaking the design down with constructive criticism. You're on this stuff fast!

#145 9 years ago

When Alien first game out in late 1979, I saw it for the first time in a large theater. I will never forget that film. It was just awesome. The women were screaming at every scene.. Acid dripping down thru 3-4 levels of the ship. I mean, damn, who thinks of that?? The suspense level was at the top of the scale throughout the entire show. Harry Dean Stanton, Veronica Cartwright, Yaphet Kotto, (" this ain't a rescue ship") and the rest of cast were just great. Aliens, the sequel is O.k., but just nothing like the first one, IMHO.. I think there are so many cool sound bites that could be taken from those films to make it a great sound for the game. "It's definitely using the airducts to move around", It's BiG", "we haven't reached the outer rim yet", "Deep Cold, well below the line".., etc., etc...

#146 9 years ago

Very interested in getting one of these! Will look great next to Predator.

Question. What movies from the franchise will be used as source material for this game?

Alien (1979)
    Aliens (1986)
    Alien 3 (1992)
    Promethius (2012)

Alien vs Predator (2004)
    Aliens vs Predator: Requiem (2007)

#147 9 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Alien (1979)
    Aliens (1986)

These two.

#148 9 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Question. What movies from the franchise will be used as source material for this game?
    Alien (1979)
    Aliens (1986)
    Alien 3 (1992)
    Promethius (2012)
    Alien vs Predator (2004)
    Aliens vs Predator: Requiem (2007)

You forgot Alien Resurrection (1997)

#149 9 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You forgot Alien Resurrection (1997)

i think we all wish we had
    hehehe...

#150 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

i think we all wish we had
    hehehe...

Aww come on, it wasn't that bad. It did have Ron Perlman in it. I thought it was entertaining just for that reason alone.

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-is-heighways-next-game-by-dennis-nordman-1/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.