5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Sonny_Jim
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

alien.jpg
    Expo 484.JPG
    Expo 486.JPG
    tom-invaders-1.jpg
    aliens vs predator.jpg
    alien.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-10-17 at 9.19.01 PM.png
    Aliens+by+Ken+Taylor+(Regular).jpg
    20141017_185301.jpg

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 5 years ago

Thanks!....but I also called Godzilla too...

#52 5 years ago

The alien franchise i love despite a few bad films the first two by Scott and Cameron are almost perfect films. The sound effects at there disposal will work really well in a pin.

Trying not to throw money around in this hobby is not easy this week. Gotta sell some games to make room for something that is for sure. Big Nordman fan so i cant way to see more of this.

#53 5 years ago

Hooooly shit....Alien? Nordman? Awesome!!!!!

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Big Nordman fan so i cant wait to see more of this.

Me too! I also enjoyed the unrated Alien vs Predator.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Unrated? Is it naughty? I only saw the first two movies and Prometheus (is that a spoiler?)

#56 5 years ago

The others are ok,,,just nowhere near as good as the first 2..

#57 5 years ago

Dangit Nordman TAKE MY MONEY!! What a fantastic theme with so much potential! Can't wait to see this one. Just got done playing (and beating) the Alien:Isolation game for the PS4. Awesome (but hard) experience and really sets the mood and feel of the movie. Definitely try it out if you're a fan of the first movie

#58 5 years ago

Alien vs Predator is damn good.

#59 5 years ago

aliens vs predator.jpg
    #60 5 years ago

I have to find a way to get in on this, just need to see some pics please.

From their website:
    In 1979, the release of ‘Alien’ made movie history and to celebrate 35 years of cinematic terror, Heighway Pinball will be releasing 500 ’35th Anniversary Edition’ games.
    Available now for pre-order, and scheduled for production in April 2015, this special ‘Limited Edition’ game will feature:
    Black Gloss Cabinet Finish, with Bright Lime Green Powder Coated Metal Trim (including legs)
    Pinball Topper With Yellow Beacons
    Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Backglass And Sideart (+ Standard Edition Artwork Package Also Included)
    ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Game Plaque With Allocated Number (from 001-500) With Signature From Game Designer, Dennis Nordman
    Fibre Optic Ramp Lighting
    Shaker Motor
    Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Alien Pinball Goodie Bag, With Magnets, T-Shirts, Posters, Badges + Much More!

#61 5 years ago

Well, I love Predator but Alien done by Nordman is a no brainer…...

#62 5 years ago

Wow. This sounds cool. I have to say H.R. Giger is the creepiest artist ever. You really can't appreciate the creepiness until you go to the Giger museum in Gruyères Switzerland. There's all sorts of messed up stuff in there that makes the Alien look like a Sesame Street character.

Go Dennis go!!!!

#63 5 years ago

http://heighwaypinball.com/?page_id=1248

I'm going broke if this turns out to look even remotely playable.

#64 5 years ago

Wow! Great news and a killer theme. Some difficult choices in pinball land.

#65 5 years ago

Doesn't sound bad. $1,500 down...50% due week machine is made...then bal when game is ready...

#66 5 years ago

Left outlane toy (think WOZ balloon bumper location) sounded pretty cool as described by Nordman. I am in!

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Given I have Predator on preorder now I feel forced to buy Alien. Hell of a name for a tournament!

#68 5 years ago

hmmmm....

Wide body
    4 flippers
    has a rotating box you bang at and changes game modes
    1 single level playfield (not upper/lower levels)
    lots of ramps

I own both of these... would i replace them with this new pin (TOM-Invaders)?

tom-invaders-1.jpg

#69 5 years ago

As long as it has a mode that incorporates these sounds for the duration of the mode/ball, it should be a hit (and creepy as f$#K!, primarily the second clip )

or

#70 5 years ago

i'd probably have a heart attack

#71 5 years ago

Hmmm. I just saw the video, he did mention a lot of flow and ramps like Demo man, a triangular rotating main toy in the middle that acts as a portal that takes (starts) different modes, one side is the portal, second side is a 3d Alien figure and the last is Alien Queen also in 3d, they will all be animated. On the left hand lower outlane will have the space jockey toy that will rotate and it will have 6 holes that the ball will drain into, each will have different rewards. The ramps will have fiber optic lighting like Tron. The website lists a chockful of different toys.

#72 5 years ago

At last a new game I'm looking forward to. With Dennis designing it, I feel good this is going to be a hit.

#73 5 years ago

Damn...would look good next to Predator, but I've got a Delorean to save for

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Wow. This sounds cool. I have to say H.R. Giger is the creepiest artist ever. You really can't appreciate the creepiness until you go to the Giger museum in Gruyères Switzerland. There's all sorts of messed up stuff in there that makes the Alien look like a Sesame Street character.
    Go Dennis go!!!!

I was there before and its AWESOME! I remember an insane Alien-esque dining room table. His art was DEFINITELY an influence on Alien, as well as the Bally Space Invaders pinball. I sure hope they use his artwork in an original, awesome way. Maybe we will see a return to the infinity backbox, or a special effect similar to it?

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

I was there before and its AWESOME! I remember an insane Alien-esque dining room table. His art was DEFINITELY an influence on Alien, as well as the Bally Space Invaders pinball. I sure hope they use his artwork in an original, awesome way. Maybe we will see a return to the infinity backbox, or a special effect similar to it?

Geiger was more than just an influence, he designed the Alien and did design work for all four of the movies!

#76 5 years ago

This is the best thing from expo this year. Nordman doing Alien is fan-f*cking-tas-tic!!!

#77 5 years ago

Want (need)

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Geiger was more than just an influence, he designed the Alien and did design work for all four of the movies!

I stand corrected

#79 5 years ago

Would be cool to use a ball as a chest buster for multi ball. the balls could come out of a bodies chest through a VUK

#80 5 years ago

How about getting the first game out before promising a second to be released in just 6 months!

And taking pre-orders!

#81 5 years ago

Wow...

I'm seriously considering buying the JJP Lawlor pin.

I might have to reconsider.

I think Alien as a pinball machine is SO cool.

#82 5 years ago

I peppered the Heighway folks with a ton of quesitons. At the price point and Alien theme, this is the new release I'm thinking I might jump into. Their flipper and pop mechs are pretty cool. The only thing that bothers me is the back box. It looks like a toy.

Might still get in line, but wanted to make sure it was only based on the original Scott/Cameron films and none of that Fincher/post modern Scott bull $hit.

#83 5 years ago

I am tempted because of theme. I am not a fan of their back box either. I agree it looks toyish. I really need some pics to press the preorder button.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

How about getting the first game out before promising a second to be released in just 6 months!

And taking pre-orders!

In that case it makes sense because of their "swappable playfields" concept. Price is higher than a Pro, but remember that the second game will cost less than $4k if you just want the PF, Backglass and side cabinet art.

So some potential buyers would certainly like to know what is ahead.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

And taking pre-orders!

I'm sure if Expo was in January they would have been happy to get their first machine out then announce the next but wanted to take advantage of all the attention at Expo, which has certainly worked out.

As a FT buyer, yeah, lets get that game out .

#86 5 years ago

I just watched "Prometheus" last night... The prequel to Alien.

#87 5 years ago

Can't wait for more details on this.

#88 5 years ago

For those that missed it, here is Jared's interview with Andrew from Heighway Pinball.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/54161494

#89 5 years ago

Dennis is a nice guy, and a good designer. White Water, and POTC are my favorite games he has designed, and each game has been a journey of pinball evolution.

Expo 486.JPG

Expo 484.JPG

-- Spoiler alert --

He discussed one design feature that he is working on for the game.

It sounded and looked like a rotating roulette-wheel-esk system, with multiple locations for the ball to be captured.

#90 5 years ago

Will this just be based on the first movie? Or the entire Alien/Aliens franchise? I ask because this must have Bill Paxton!

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from MagicMako:

Will this just be based on the first movie? Or the entire Alien/Aliens franchise? I ask because this must have Bill Paxton!

First 2 movies. Callouts aren't confirmed but Andrew pretty much said the attraction of the license are all those great quotes.

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from MagicMako:

It's based on the first two movies. I'm still waiting for more info and going to watch some more of the interview. I'm getting the feeling the game isn't going to have characters or quotes from the movies. (my opinion) I've only heard of weapons, aliens, and scenarios (settings) from the movies so far.

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

First 2 movies. Callouts aren't confirmed but Andrew pretty much said the attraction of the license are all those great quotes.

Did you get the impression that there would be movie quotes and callouts from the interview he did with Jared? I must have taken it differently. (Or missed something)

Edit: Jared asks the question around the 15 minute mark if anyone is interested.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/54161494

#94 5 years ago

Well, we've been told so little. Can't really state confidently one way or the other. But if this game is due April, which he doubled down on during the interview, we'll see and learn more shortly.

#95 5 years ago

Ok thanks guys. Definitely gonna be following this one closely. Cant believe its so close already!

#96 5 years ago

Ordered requested 426. This is by far my favorite movie franchise and i just about shit myself when i heard the announcement

--Jeff

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Ordered requested 426. This is by far my favorite movie franchise and i just about shit myself when i heard the announcement
    --Jeff

Dammit, that makes two people I know!

#98 5 years ago

How many companies have hired Norman in the past since he left Stern? Isn't he with P3 and JJP?

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I just watched "Prometheus" last night... The prequel to Alien.

Did they add anything to the director's cut?

The theatrical release seemed to be missing parts of the story.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Did they add anything to the director's cut?
    The theatrical release seemed to be missing parts of the story.

From Ain't It Cool:

Scott was asked by Fox to make a new cut of the film for Blu-ray but refused, saying the theatrical version is his Director’s Cut. There are some 35 minutes of altered, extended and unseen scenes in the set, but not edited into the film because Scott didn’t want them in the film.

Sadly it appears not.

I'm excited to see this game, a lot, but I do wish the Heighway backbox had been looked at again. Really not feeling it. Chunky, strange wedgehead with the giant company logo is a turn off. Just looks out of place, and the big logo feels way too in your face and subtracts from the theme.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 30.00
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 9,000.00
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    $ 229.99
    There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside