New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 171745)

"Alien"-"Batman 66"-"Dialed in" Poll

By frankmac

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What pin is on your wish list?”

• "Alien" Heighway Pinball 115 votes
    43%
  • Stern "Batman 66" Stern Pinball 40 votes
    15%
  • "Dialed In" Jersey Jack Pinball 102 votes
    38%
  • All the above 13 votes
    5%

(270 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 4 years ago

What Pin or Pins have grabbed your attention the most?

#2 4 years ago

Domino's

#3 4 years ago

None of the above? If one of them turns out to be a fun top 20 game I may get that one once it is proven.

#4 4 years ago

Dialed In, can't wait to play one at Free Play Florida in a couple of weeks!

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Dialed In, can't wait to play one at Free Play Florida in a couple of weeks!

Dialed in looks great!

#6 4 years ago

Alien will be my first NIB and Dialed-In will likely be my second.

#7 4 years ago
#8 4 years ago

Even though the theme sucks, I'm more interested in playing Aerosmith than any of the above. I heard it's the Borg/Lyman/DD dream team.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Even though the theme sucks, I'm more interested in playing Aerosmith than any of the above. I heard it's the Borg/Lyman/DD dream team.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not a Lyman pin.

#10 4 years ago

BM66 premium for me. Great theme, looks great, Sterns first LCD, tons of clips from the show, and most importantly: Lyman.

#11 3 years ago

After expo and the Buffalo pinball stream of Dialed In today, I nearly forgot there were other companies still making games and releasing new titles themselves.

#12 3 years ago

BM66, Should have been so much more for so much less.

#13 3 years ago

Dialed in blows all rest out of water. Alien looks good but not very inventive but def well be good. Batman is just blah to me but love the cab art.

#14 3 years ago

At price tags of $9000 - $15000 I'll continue to collect Williams machines which stood the test of time and readily available parts .

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

At price tags of $9000 - $15000 I'll continue to collect Williams machines which stood the test of time and readily available parts .

Cost is a big concern .

#16 3 years ago

none should be an option?

#17 3 years ago

I guess a better question would be if you could only have one for free which would you rather own?

#19 3 years ago

Please add another choice that says, "There are several other obvious choices, and this poll is lame."

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Please add another choice that says, "There are several other obvious choices, and this poll is lame."

Interestingly though, this poll is currently showing more people interested in Dialed in than the 1966 BatMan by a wide margin. Of course the version of Batman and Robin on display here was from the time when the men wore skinny tights and shorts cut so high it would make even Daisy Duke blush.

#21 3 years ago

I'm interested in all 3 but due to cost alien is only one I'd buy at this point

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I'm interested in all 3 but due to cost alien is only one I'd buy at this point

If cost is really a driving concern for you then perhaps you've chosen most wisely. The modular system Heighway has built into the Alien Pin will make their future themes that much less costly when swapped in for a brand new experience .

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Ok

#24 3 years ago

Alien for me and while BM66 looks great its kinda for the fans of that show not sure anyone else would spend that kind of coin otherwise. Dialed in looks fun but no interest in owning one at all.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

If cost is really a driving concern for you then perhaps you've chosen most wisely. The modular system Heighway has built into the Alien Pin will make their future themes that much less costly when swapped in for a brand new experience .

I think it is awesome they can swap out.

I think it sucks that the swap costs more than I paid for my Tron Pro.

Please correct me if I didn't understand the pricing, but the one I saw was over 4k.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I think it sucks that the swap costs more than I paid for my Tron Pro.
Please correct me if I didn't understand the pricing, but the one I saw was over 4k.

Yes it sucks that prices have risen to this level from just 5 years ago. But that is where we are now, you know that. All the more impressive that Highway buyers have an "affordable" option to come, and where the playfield shipping costs from the US Distributor should be much less than for an entire pin, cabinet and all. I don't think a single playfield kit has shipped yet since their second title Alien has yet to ship, not sure where you saw one.

#27 3 years ago

How many people voting have seen these machines in person?
No way DI would be getting this positive of a response.... I was there. And played it..

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

No way DI would be getting this positive of a response.... I was there. And played it..

Huh? I would expect people who haven't played it to be more negative than those who have, it's fun.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Did you play the same game the rest of us did? I was thinking the same thing. I didn't get a chance to play alien, but DI was a real treat to play...

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

From everything I have seen on Pinside, it is the people that said they have played it that think it plays well. Before the Expo reports from people that played the game it was Pinside doing a lot of badmouthing about the theme and price with little more than the presentation to go on.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I don't think a single playfield kit has shipped yet since their second title Alien has yet to ship, not sure where you saw one.

I didn't see an actual playfield, I saw the price of the drop in playfield, and as I recall it was more than a Tron Pro was 4 years ago. And it is darn close to a current pro game (the pre LCD screen ones, not however far they are jacking up for the LCD). So in the span of 4 years we have gone from ent... Meh. Sorry, I forgot that I gave up on pricing. Whatever. Maybe it's a great value and they should start charging more.

#32 3 years ago

I get what your saying, prices are stupid high now. But if you want to compare their playfield swaps remember they're not making Pros. Their SE playfields are easily on par with a Stern Premium/LE, consider how all the lights are addressable RGB's. That's the way it should be for these prices.

#33 3 years ago

Aliens is still the most desirable for me, dialed in looks interesting but not at those price points, and batman looks nice but isnt for me.

#34 3 years ago

It wouldn't let me vote for the two on my wish list.

LTG : (

#35 3 years ago

Based on what i just watched on the live stream video, I will never be able to get past the theme of DI, i don't get it, never got into sim city either, just not my style and the gameplay i watched looked just ok.

Aliens is one of the best and most iconic themes ever and this pin looks awesome.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Based on what i just watched on the live stream video, I will never be able to get past the theme of DI, i don't get it, never got into sim city either, just not my style and the gameplay i watched looked just ok.
Aliens is one of the best and most iconic themes ever and this pin looks awesome.

I feel just the opposite, go figure. I'd still like to play Alien though.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Based on what i just watched on the live stream video, I will never be able to get past the theme of DI, i don't get it, never got into sim city either, just not my style

Same here.

The callouts are not very good in my opinion. They sound like they are a throwback to the 90's. In fact, the female voice reminds me of the one from Safecracker.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I feel just the opposite, go figure. I'd still like to play Alien though.

I'm surprised you would admit that, good for you.

#39 3 years ago

I would love to order an Alien kit to go with my Full Throttle LE but a year after ordering, FT is just a promise.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I would love to order an Alien kit to go with my Full Throttle LE but a year after ordering, FT is just a promise.

You ordered an FT a year ago and still haven't received it?? Who did you order it through?

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm surprised you would admit that, good for you.

Why? Alien doesn't look too bad.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not a Lyman pin.

Who is doing code on it then? Hopefully not LR? I would avoid the game like the plague if LR was lead coder on it.

Rob

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Why? Alien doesn't look too bad.

Oh you misunderstood me, I meant that to desire a cell phoned themed pin that looks and sounds as if it was made for preteens over a Sci Fi Horror themed pin that sounds fantastic and is based around a giant space lizard with acidic blood and the adventures that surround him takes guts. I'm a fully paid Alien LE customer

#45 3 years ago

I played Alien and Dialed In at Expo. I would pick Ghostbusters Premium over all of the above. I picked Alien in the poll because it's a close second.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You ordered an FT a year ago and still haven't received it?? Who did you order it through?

I ordered directly through Heighway last fall. I've been told they are having issues with the fibre boards. I think Alien looks great but I've been more than patient with no results.

#47 3 years ago

I am a surprised more people did not support Batman 66 in the poll.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I am a surprised more people did not support Batman 66 in the poll.

Nobody has played it, so...

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Nobody has played it, so...

True, But as a wish list poll I was thinking more would have voted for it.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

True, But as a wish list poll I was thinking more would have voted for it.

I voted for it. With bells on!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside