Alien_Pinball_Backglass_Standard_Edition_Final_Low_Res.jpg
alien-le-trans-lol.jpg
alien-le-trans-lol.jpg
image.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#2 8 years ago

Yes, yes!!!

#3 8 years ago

Definitely standard...can't wait for LE!!!

#4 8 years ago

Cool! Looks like the Alien slot machine!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#5 8 years ago

Not so original

Quoted from MrBellMan:Cool! Looks like the Alien slot machine!
image.jpeg

#6 8 years ago

I'd be happy with that...but bring on the LE

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

I bet Aurich might try something like this for the LE:

alien-le-trans-lol.jpgalien-le-trans-lol.jpg

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Not so original

Like TH and WOZ are original

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Not so original

A pinball back glass and cabinet design that shows this amount of restraint (fully appropriate for the source material by the way) sure as hell *is* pretty original I'd say.

#10 8 years ago

Sweet! Copy & Paste of RobT's avatar...

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

The nice thing about the LE is you get the newly revealed SE back box and side art panels AND an additional set unique to the 35th Anniversary Limited Edition. So you can go back and forth. But if you decide to get the giant LCD full back box screen I guess you can take both sets of your back box artwork and hang them backlit on a wall or something, because they become irrelevant for the pin. Decisions decisions!

#12 8 years ago

Im not a hater, but I'm so-so on it. I mean, it's totally better than cut and paste of movie actor heads, but it feels like a movie poster. I like the movie poster feel and all well enough, but was hoping for something more original/unique for the pin. This look makes me feel "been-there-done-that". All-in-all it wouldn't keep me from buying the pin if the gameplay is good.

#13 8 years ago

Not feeling the backglass. The top is distracting and the center part appears mirrored left / right, like it was phoned in. Logo looks washed out, even allowing for some of that to be because of the projection and screen. I understand combining the Alien and Aliens logos, but the thin "l" in the center suggests weakness, so I think there could be a little more balancing in relation to the other letters. Seems like a work in progress. Not sure how much influence the license holder had. Looking forward to seeing how a more direct representation of the art would look.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

Not feeling the backglass. The top is distracting and the center part appears mirrored left / right, like it was phoned in. Logo looks washed out, even allowing for some of that to be because of the projection and screen. I understand combining the Alien and Aliens logos, but the thin "l" in the center suggests weakness, so I think there could be a little more balancing in relation to the other letters. Seems like a work in progress. Not sure how much influence the license holder had. Looking forward to seeing how a more direct representation of the art would look.

Aurich? Is that you? ...messing with us? Hahahaha. Jkng.

The SE back glass looks good. Hope the glowing pulsing color addressable LED lighting in the back box will really bring it to life. Is there a starfield set in the background around the egg? Hard to see.

#15 8 years ago

I really like the artwork and know it will probably look even better in person. The egg on the backglass is perfect IMHO.

#16 8 years ago

Pretty hard to evaluate the art with such a low quality pic. Thanks for posting, please keep us informed of any breaking news.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

like it was phoned in.

I agree. I was hoping for something a bit more substantial. It just seems like its been done before and doesn't really catch your attention.

#18 8 years ago

I know Aurich has written that the process has been so bad he has said he doesn't want to work on another pinball again. So what we're looking at is the best that they can get cleared, and after all those months of extra time no less.

I agree though, I don't find it too exciting. The egg is iconic, but it's also a really old image. Doesn't really pump me up at the idea of playing it.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't find it too exciting

If I were an alien beamed to earth and knew nothing about nothing...I would gravitate toward Full Throttle...

#20 8 years ago

I like it. Cant wait to see the playfield.

#21 8 years ago

I'm disappointed. Especially since it's similar to the slot machine.

I'm sure the gameplay will be awesome though so whatever.

#22 8 years ago

I like it too. It's simple and dark, its space after all. I like the ominous look.

#23 8 years ago

Old school

#24 8 years ago

Exactly! It's a 35 year old theme here. We are not going to see anything new. I remember when Andrew commented on the rotating beacons saying they aren't going to do anything not seen in the original movies. He is keeping pretty close to the original source material from what I understand. And that's the way it should be. Respect the material your working with and it will garner longevity and class. It would be a disservice to stray from what it's supposed to be based on. I'm sure Fox appreciates that too.

#25 8 years ago

Dunno. The Raw Thrills Alien game seems to be a big success.

#26 8 years ago

I'm going big screen on my LE....bet Aurich has some cool artwork to accent it, and I actually like the big screen in my WOZ( maybe minority here, but think Alien will be ridiculously cool w the Animations)....just my opinion...

#27 8 years ago

Think " old school" and current technology can work just fine together...

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Dunno. The Raw Thrills Alien game seems to be a big success.

HAHA

Please let nothing in this pin minutely resemble that:

#29 8 years ago

Hard to really tell from these pics. Looking forward to seeing some high res. Hopefully we will see soon since they had a public reveal already.

#30 8 years ago

Here's the thing...with the new Heighway screen taking up ALL of the backglass area, there will be no translite. The side art is pretty basic...Alien logo and alien head. The playfield is really where the questions lie. And we'll have to wait and see. Art looks fine. Nothing right now to be worried about.

#31 8 years ago

I love it. It's the key art from the ORIGINAL film....subtly built on and improved. My biggest fear was a crowded collage of imagery. This embodies the license. Hard to imagine the LE topping this, but I look forward to that reveal as well.

#32 8 years ago

"but the thin "l" in the center suggests weakness"......Freuding the shit outta that backglass!!!!

#33 8 years ago

The translite has a very standard look to it. I would personally liked to see the queen in the background more than a big egg over the top of the nest of smaller eggs. The sides are fine, I would have been OK with just the alien name by itself, since it will be lit up and will look like the opening of the movie.

#34 8 years ago

Approaching it conceptually, maybe an issue is the backglass is not ominous enough. The original movie poster art didn't need to be added to, nor improved upon. By adding a "border," the impact is weakened. I was hoping this would scream ALIEN from across the room, but this just yawns.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

"but the thin "l" in the center suggests weakness"......Freuding the shit outta that backglass!!!!

LOL, was speaking of the "weight" of the letters. Your claim that a part of one sentence is "Freuding the shit outta" anything seems to be a stretch. But if ya wanna talk Freud, take that deep, long look into a face hugger and be happy you're going home

#36 8 years ago

If I can get permission to post a higher resolution proper pic I will, but need to make sure it's cool first, don't want to annoy Fox.

It's totally cool if you have critical comments, I can take it. Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I dish it out, have to be open to criticism.

I'll try and get you a better version to see though. These pics in this thread are pretty washed out and low in detail. Not really representative.

The response in person tonight was great, was really nice to meet so many fans of the film. And hopefully next year also of the game!

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

The "I" suggests that the alien wants to fcuk its mother.

#38 8 years ago

Where's Jones, Aurich?!? He should be front and center on the backglass!

#39 8 years ago

Here are some better images for you all:

Alien_Pinball_Backglass_Standard_Edition_Final_Low_Res.jpgAlien_Pinball_Backglass_Standard_Edition_Final_Low_Res.jpg

Alien_Pinball_Standard_Edition_Cabinet_With_Final_Artwork.jpgAlien_Pinball_Standard_Edition_Cabinet_With_Final_Artwork.jpg

#40 8 years ago

Is the backbox bigger than that of Full Throttle? Looks so when looking at the presentation screen.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Here are some better images for you all:

Alien_Pinball_Backglass_Standard_Edition_Fi 8)nal_Low_Res.jpg Alien_Pinball_Side-Art_Standard_Edition_Final_Low_Res.jpg Alien_Pinball_Standard_Edition_Cabinet_With_Final_Artwork.jpg

Wow, looks great. Me like

#42 8 years ago

Definitely looks better in hi-res.

#43 8 years ago

Looks good to me. It is certainly true to the theme.

#44 8 years ago

Disappointed there's no gradient behind the egg and no drop shadow work on the logo
No, it looks excellent - restraint is sometimes much more effective. Looking forward to seeing the playfield.

#45 8 years ago

The high res pics look awesome. Great job Aurich!

#46 8 years ago

Sticks true to form where the original Alien movie poster showed an egg, not the alien itself. But really, it's the alien that's the nemesis of the show, not the egg...

Rob

#47 8 years ago

Looks like the SE backglass was designed with backlighting very much in mind. I do wonder how it will look in a line up next to other modern pins or in a brightly lit room. Seeing the more detailed image, still not feeling it, but like it more than before.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If Stern showed this I bet most of you would be ripping it to shreds for not showing the alien on the backglass and having generic cabinet art. Although it sticks true to form where the original Alien movie poster showed an egg, not the alien itself.
Rob

I can't speak for others, but using the egg from the original movie poster makes perfect sense. I can only assume the detail in the playfield art will have all the Aliens one can handle.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If Stern showed this I bet most of you would be ripping it to shreds for not showing the alien on the backglass and having generic cabinet art.

Maybe he should just photoshop some faces from the actors on there instead

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I can't speak for others, but using the egg from the original movie poster makes perfect sense. I can only assume the detail in the playfield art will have all the Aliens one can handle.

Well yes, it stays true to the original film and the movie poster only had the egg. Perhaps that's part of it where you need to play the game to actually get to see (and kill) the alien. But, it's Alien, not Aliens so is there one or more?

Rob

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-artwork/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.