(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,756 posts
  • 285 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by CurtDR
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ACNC Rooms Map 2.pdf (PDF preview)
ACNC Rooms and Weapons.pdf (PDF preview)
ACNC Rooms and Weapons.pdf (PDF preview)
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20200516_1026156 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200516_1027105 (resized).jpg
E00D18BD-2B8C-4BE9-BDE1-B204DDE5E5DA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200514_123952.jpg
IMG_20200514_124137.jpg
20200512_192331 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Spooky-Multimorphic SE-600-48_temp_graph (resized).jpg
7DE04054-C965-47A8-8733-0E638A2065F5 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot (45) (resized).png
EAFD6DAC-7424-4E4E-BAAD-7410CD7EF17D (resized).jpeg
20200511_133753 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (6 months ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (6 months ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (6 months ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (6 months ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 months ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 months ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 months ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (3 months ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos Posted by Ripshill (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yetimon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#216 1 year ago

Kayte just added the decals to my order, which is on the line NEXT WEEK! SO CLOSE! (And yet, still half a world away)

1 week later
#290 1 year ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

I need to figure out how to get the glass rattle to quiet down, any suggestions?

Anti-rattle tape works wonders. https://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

4 weeks later
#560 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

SpookyKT, I think that any time you chime in and provide answers and direction, it is extremely appreciated. It certainly sets Spooky far apart from at least one of the big guys
These threads are a 'snapshot in time' though and unfortunately many don't read through or are/have been following as closely as others.
I appreciate the feedback and love the pin!

Agreed. I really appreciate hearing from the manufacturers in these forums, especially the boutique manufactures like Spooky & Gerry at Multimorphic. Thanks SpookyKT!

#597 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Coming.................................when?

According to id Software when they were working on the Quake series.... "Two weeks!"

#610 1 year ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

Spooky FB page has a pic of ACs headed out to supply New Zealand.
[quoted image]

I wonder which one is mine? eeny, meeny, miny, moe...

#611 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hopefully should have them in our hands in 3 weeks. Give or take.
rd

Dang..... I need to clear out enough space in my study to fit another pin. Not sure if 3 weeks is enough time.

#626 12 months ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Ok guys, I'm putting myself out there again. To show off my latest creation for Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle.

/me picks jaw up off lockdown bar

Considering that we'll never have one of these, I think you may have just ruined ACNC for all of us!

3 weeks later
#820 11 months ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

There are 16 songs total with the 10 Alice and 6 by Matt (Piggy D)... there won't be any licensed songs added unless Alice requests them personally.

I see - so you're saying the ball is in our court now? I know someone who knows Alice's manager Shep Gordon....

#830 11 months ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Most likely not a good idea going to Alice's manager without getting any approval from Charlie / Spooky Pinball. They work really hard at getting licensing and content. I just think if you went to Alice or Shep about the pinball without discussing anything with Charlie you are asking for trouble.
Just my 2cents

hahah! Yes, I agree - I was just being a bit silly - I'm sure Shep has a million more important things to do than fuss about with licencing requests from random pinheads.

1 week later
#935 10 months ago
Quoted from brenna98:

thenotrashcougar
Can you make green plastic protectors for Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle like you did for Total Nuclear Annihilation
Please and thank you!

Yes, please help me save on shipping for both sets!

#936 10 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm not brave enough.

Printed decals covered by mylar might work. Possible to undo if you don't like it. The trick would be finding a printable, invisible, UV reactive ink.

#937 10 months ago

My Alice is in the country! Soon he will escape the clutches of the Auckland Customs border agents, and hitch a ride in the back of a truck down-country to a safe-house we've arranged in Wellington. Then, when everyone's palms have been crossed with silver, he'll be hooded, strapped to a hand truck, and wheeled down the long, scary, crumbling stone steps to my Yeticave to await his decapitation.

Won't be long now, my pretty.

Won't be long now.

2 weeks later
#1208 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I just unboxed my game and there is packing foam on the glass!!! I can’t even play it! Is this a joke? Would this ever happen in a Stern game??
[quoted image]

It looks to me like you got overexcited at the unboxing and made a mess all over the glass. Can't say I blame you.

#1209 10 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It’s one of the main reasons I quit retail 7 years ago. People just got more and more demanding, and started moaning and bitching about the craziest little things.

I build automated homes and entertainment systems. I lose a lot of sleep, and I look forward to the day I retire and open a pinball arcade.

I'm so busy right now that my ACNC has been sitting in its box at a friend's all week, and I've only today gotten it delivered to my work. I won't have a chance to get it home till mid next week!

2 weeks later
#1369 9 months ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Dude this game is like Carmen Electra... Rod-less

Custom launch buttons must be a thing. Would they mostly be the same size?

#1370 9 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Going to try the rattle tape. I played my first few games with the glass off and the sound was awesome. Then I put the glass on.
Is it more of the sub or shaker that is causing it?

Sub. I put on tape when I first setup the machine and I've mostly had the volume at 1. Tonight I played around with the amp's settings and got it sounding pretty sweet at 6 or 7. Go to music test in the test menu and skip forward several tracks to one of the AC songs with heaps of bass. The small knob closest to the the power switch at the bottom is the sub volume - I have that turned almost all the way down. The middle of the three big knobs is the bass level for the main speakers - that's also turned most of the way down. The topmost big knob is the main speaker volume - mine is around 1/4. The lower of those three adjusts the high frequency level. I turned that down a bit to tame the sound of the slingshots.

I no longer get rattling or distortion, and the coindoor volume control has a bigger range. All the better to enjoy the music and sound effects (such good sound effects!)

#1379 9 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I have the external sub hooked up right now. Holy schnikey's this pin sounds amazing.

Isn't it great! I particularly like the spooky sound effects and the way they seem to escalate as you hit more shots. It's clear that the Spooky team love their horror movies!

#1408 9 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Grrr! Danni just beat my high score...
rd[quoted image]

Oh dear, I've got aways to go.

3 weeks later
#1602 8 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Worse, he could be talking about Cold Ethel in the fridge ...
rd

There should be a craft beer called Cold Ethel.

1 month later
#1907 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

None. The driver said they received it that way - i.e. no box and not strapped to the pallet. Some incompetent douche at some point in the shipping process must have trashed the box and just tossed it. But the fact that they just stood it upright on the pallet without even strapping it back down is what pisses me off! It literally fell over in transit ..crash, bang! WTF? $7,000 work of art. Makes me sick!!!!!!!!

In the immortal words of Lord Vader, "Do not underestimate the power of stupidity". ....or something like that

#1908 7 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

lol!
I actually have had 12 Spookys shipped here with no disasters. Touch wood.
rd

And don't think we're not grateful!

#1910 7 months ago

We're going to need a Scrooge McDuck style photo of Luke diving into a pool of cheesy poofs next week.

1 month later
#2576 6 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Rubber - I’m generally a “red rubber” guy

1 week later
#2657 6 months ago

That topper is mental!

1 month later
#3529 4 months ago

NZ Champs this weekend - guess I'll be waiting till Monday to play with the new firmware

2 weeks later
#3942 3 months ago
Quoted from clancea3:

Does anyone else's machine sounds like loud fans when it's on?

Yep! I suspect many of us are watching this thread with interest... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans/page/8

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 6,450.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 17.50
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pinson, AL
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yetimon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside