(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#532 4 years ago

Anyone put one of these on route yet? I am toying with that idea.

Surprisingly, TNA did not do well for me on route. It was too hard for the family friendly location. Mix of a lot of casual players but also some dedicated pinheads.

I've got #99 on hold until I decide what to do.

#536 4 years ago

It would be nice to see feedback. At my location neither TWD or TNA did well. SMVE, AFMr, MBr, Hobbit, GoT Pro have all done well to varying degrees. I also have toyed with putting a BM66 in there next time I switch something out. GBLE went in last weekend so it will be interesting to see how it does.

Just not sure if Alice will fit the bill or not.

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I was wondering how come an operator such as yourself routes an LE machine? I think this is awesome, but where I am, your super lucky to even come across a premium!

I've routed AFMrLE, MMrLE, GBLE and a Hobbit Smaug. My location is pretty family friendly and the LE's I think help draw people in. My goal is not to make a ton of money. It is to get my pins to pay for themselves and then either sell or increase my personal collection. So, why not end up with some LE's in my collection? So far it is working really well. Plus, there is a 2 year warranty on the AFMrLE and MBrLE so that is pretty nice in case anything significant comes up.

2 weeks later
#656 4 years ago

I had to put #99 on hold until I moved. Getting really close to giving the green light for production.

2 months later
#1421 4 years ago

Not to mention Danni is one of the nicest girls you’ll ever meet! RD is pretty cool too.

2 weeks later
#1567 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Big mistakes people selling their spots. This game is a ton of fun.

I have been sitting on spot #99 for months. Life just keeps getting in the way. I have toyed with selling the spot but wouldn’t do it less than the $1000 I put down. That said, I keep hearing great things and just wonder if I should just sell something else and get mine made.

Would love to hear more about the amount of fun this game is. I’ve heard it’s hard. I’ve heard the sounds etc are great. But, Is this game a blast? Does it have that “one more game” type of feeling?

Darin.

#1574 4 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I'm in a similar boat (except my spot isn't quite up yet). So you weren't forced to cough up the dough yet? Did you order direct from Spooky? Curious to know how that ends up going if you can't afford to pay the balance immediately.

Direct from spooky.

#1585 4 years ago

Yes, spooky has been awesome. If life wasn’t crazy I could have had my pin months ago. That has been in me entirely. I’m a big spooky fan and still own my TNA I bought NIB.

Darin

3 weeks later
#1715 4 years ago

What is wrong with the Alice for sale for $6k with invisiglass? Seems like all the love for ACNC would have made that game sold a while ago.

#1718 4 years ago

I had PM him a little bit ago and told me he had just sold it.

2 weeks later
#1864 4 years ago

Posting for sale in market #99 preorder. Ready to be built. You can customize. Asking $1000.

Per Spooky pin can be done in next batch and shipped in about 6 weeks.

#1935 4 years ago

My game resets also. Saw a text from Charlie to the guy I bought mine from saying it is a software issue and they are working on it.

I, too, need to adjust the magnet save. There is a setting. Just haven’t messed with it yet.

Loving the game thus far! (Only a few days into ownership myself.)

1 week later
#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm finally getting some playing time in.... Just saw the magnet ball save between the flippers and trying to figure out best adjustment. I noted it held the ball and just let it go to drain. I see there are 4 settings in the settings: Original, Pattern 1, Pattern 2, Pattern 3. What is the difference and what one will throw the ball back out on the playfield above the flippers?

None of the settings work for me. They all just give different versions of "hold the ball then drain" At least another ball gets autolaunched after the drain but it is disappointing.

#2005 4 years ago

Loving this game so far.

I probably have a bunch of questions but one certainly is this:

Can the right ramp be back-handed? It seems like the geometry makes it impossible. This is especially troublesome during Alice Cooper mode and trying to get the ball to the guillotine.

Along the same lines...shots to the left ramp which end up going to the upper playfield go straight in between the flipper and the first lane and down in the crypt lock. Maybe a nudge is needed or something? All I know is that I never get to use the flipper on that shot.

#2018 4 years ago

I can hit the guillotine no problem from a trap. My issue is getting the ball up there consistently lol.

Is it normal behavior for a well struck left ramp shot to go straight down between the upper flipper and first lane? I'm at a level 7 degree pitch.

#2068 4 years ago

Okay, I love this game. Killed the werewolf for first time tonight. I did get this stuck ball at the upper Playfield gate. Second time this has happened.

Any thoughts?

65659D4B-F6B4-4EF4-AD5B-8F7FAA358990 (resized).jpeg65659D4B-F6B4-4EF4-AD5B-8F7FAA358990 (resized).jpeg
#2102 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well I just paid it off and I ain't gonna look at the box. Gettin excited again...to the point where I can't freakin wait till it gets here.
Think a party is in order.

I do not think you will be at all disappointed. This game is amazing.

#2103 4 years ago

I need clarification on rooms. I understand how to change monsters with the center targets, set the monster with orbit shot and qualify/start monsters via secret passage. (skill shot on this game is super helpful to get monsters ready to roll which I think is a great feature)

I do not understand the rooms. I will end up in the conservatory, let's say, but I have no idea what that means or what that does/gets me. I'm sure there is an easy explanation but just playing the game it seems like the rooms don't mean much and the game is pretty much about playing/fighting monster modes.

Thanks.

#2106 4 years ago

RD,

Thanks! I didn’t know about hitting the second orbit 2x to start mode. That is helpful.

Too bad there isn’t more to do with the rooms. The pin is named about a castle and you can already advance rooms. That’s cool but could be used a lot more I guess.

#2108 4 years ago

Ah. That makes sense. The way it’s set up it felt like there were “room modes”. Thanks for the clarification.

#2204 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We love you... and we mean that.
I swear we're getting better. Not perfect, but we'll keep aiming for that to earn those cheeseballs for the minions.
They've emptied several tubs already! [quoted image]

Looking forward to photos of a NIB with a bunch of cheese dust fingerprints all over it.

#2212 4 years ago

I just received a couple roles from Tekman

I have yet to install it but did use his from a couple years ago on another project and it worked great. $22 shipped for a double roll or $13 for a single roll as I recall.

#2214 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Here are some pics with and without DMD guard. Top pic is without.
https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I use those guards on a lot of pins. Cheap and effective.

My Alice does not have the speaker lights. In fact, my Alice is bare bones. I honestly don't feel like I'm missing anything. It is a great pin and just the playfield is attention grabbing enough I think.

#2216 4 years ago

Don’t get me wrong. I do too. Just so happened the one that came my way was stock. I was a little worried at first about not having the bling. As it turned out, no big deal which I’ve been happy about.

#2357 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't think my magnet save has ever failed. Really confusing what the difference could be.

Mine has never once worked and I’ve tried all the settings. It is weird how variable it is.

Maybe I need to try jacking it up past 7 where it currently sits a la RotoDave. If that doesn’t work maybe I’ll try the magnet adjustment Charlie mentioned.

1 month later
#3076 4 years ago

Concerning rattling glass. It is not just the glass. Here is a video of my pin with glass off. Any suggestions as to where to track this Down?

1 month later
#3893 4 years ago

I’m still learning this game. I did put it on easy mode and was able to get to (and defeat) 3 monsters. Definitely adds a level of fun. Sadly, I missed all the hurry ups. If I start getting really deep in game I’ll move it back to the normal setting. I might try changing out rubbers too as these are really bouncy. Much more so than any of my other games.

CC66C569-7833-496A-8A55-5F085675B172 (resized).jpegCC66C569-7833-496A-8A55-5F085675B172 (resized).jpeg
#3953 4 years ago

NO DOUBT!

We loved hosting RotoDave and Danni a few years ago on one of their tours. Awesome people generally and excellent at pinball.

1 year later
#5994 3 years ago

My ACNC is on the market if anyone is interested. $6800 obo. I have one offer on the table and will sell at that if nothing better comes along in the next week. Prefer a sale but might consider trades.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=volunteerpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.