(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,000 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 minutes ago by bossk4hire
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vitty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4221 4 years ago

Those dimples are nothing compared to my JJP PoTC and Wonka! I wouldn't worry about it and just enjoy it to be honest.

I just joined the ACNC club! Got a loaded butter cab on its way to me as we speak. Super stoked!

4 weeks later
#4365 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It's just a standard 15.6" laptop display. I didn't measure the exact interior or exterior dimensions though.

Anyone replace their screen on ACNC? I know some people convert their TNA to a 1080p screen. Seems like ACNC could benefit from a nicer one as well.

#4369 4 years ago

Is the controller board a 1080p controller?

1 week later
#4409 3 years ago

Just did the silent fan upgrade to the power supply. Much better

#4411 3 years ago

I did it myself. Cost was 9.00 for the silent fan off Amazon plus a few pennies of solder and shrink tube and about 45 minutes of time to pull the power supply out, open it up, disconnect the fan inside it, resolder the original fan wire onto the new fan, and put it back together.

#4413 3 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Shooting the left orbit on mine returns the ball sdtm too often, or it will hit the left flipper. Can we clear this up, is the left orbit supposed to feed to the left flipper or to the right flipper? Shooting the right orbit feeds fine to the left flipper, as you expect orbits to. My left orbit is Never close to returning to the right flipper. It seems this only happens on some peoples games. Has anybody actually fixed there game to feed properly? If your left orbit feeds to your right flipper Send me photos of your metal ball guide that spooky has said on here might need adjusting. Bonus if you remove the castle wall so i can inspect the entire ball guide. Or is the left orbit in fact supposed to feed across to the left flipper?

My left orbit feeds my right flipper. I'm at a 6.8 degree pitch. Will try to grab a photo today.

1 week later
#4443 3 years ago

I'm having a consistent issue where I shoot a ball into the left Frank lock. The ball 'locks' but is stuck at some point prior to resting against the window of the castle. If I don't make the other lock before game over Frank adjusts and the ball falls through the playfield and into the cabinet. This has happened twice to me now in the last several games. I tried searching this thread and found some spotty info but nothing concrete on how to fix it. Any thoughts?

#4445 3 years ago

Seems my frank won’t go any lower than 6. At this position I can see why the ball is getting hung up. If it would go lower I would be ok. If I push gently on frank he does lower a bit more. Going to have to take him apart to see if I can adjust him a bit lower.

#4446 3 years ago

Fixed my Frank problem. At the lowest setting Franks 'scoop' that cradles the ball coming from the left ramp was sitting a bit higher than the metal ramp plate leading to it. I simply bent the metal ramp slightly back upwards to level it with that ball cradle. Problem appears to be solved and so far no more hangups.

#4447 3 years ago

Next up on the list of fixes is the ball save magnet. Mine works 0% of the time no matter the pattern. I ran across the PL magnet core plastic and installed it tonight. I then tried all settings including resistor on/off and they all behave the same. Pretty much every pattern will grab the ball, but it just hovers there then drains. The ball never makes upward movement no matter the setting. It is the same with the plastic cover as it was without. Am I missing something or is there anything else to check/adjust? It looks awesome from what I can see online here, however I've played several hundred games now and have yet to witness it work.

#4449 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

What incline is your game set at?

Meant to include that above but missed it 7*

#4451 3 years ago

Just went and loaded a fresh set of BallBarron carbon steel balls into it which it has had all along but figured I'd give it a shot. Same result for all settings. Just rechecked incline and it is indeed at 7*.

#4465 3 years ago

So for those of you with ball save magnet issues with the ball grabbing, hovering, then draining like mine was, here is the definitive fix:

Remove the resistor that is inline with the magnet! After doing this all patterns work for me and throw the ball differently (I have the resistor setting turned on). Awesome effect now with the ball launching back up into play, I love it!

Thanks a lot to Spooky support!

I had tried all of the following with no success before reaching out to them:
- New carbon steel balls (to ensure they were not magnetized)
- Added the pinball life magnet core plastic
- Ensured 7 degree playfield pitch
- Ensured latest code (V1.1.0.0 as of this posting)
- Checked all pattern/resistor settings combinations

#4484 3 years ago

It's a shame the OP is an inactive Pinside member so we can't label key posts anymore I've found some good info in this thread that took a bit of searching.

#4485 3 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

A bug I just had on the latest software: on ball 4 and 5 the skillshot screen wouldn't go away.
I made several shots, even locked a ball in the crypt, but skilkshot screen was shown all the time..

Just encountered this same bug for balls 3 and 4(of a 3 ball game). I got an extra ball on ball 2 and then balls 3 and 4 would not exit the skillshot screen no matter what I did. All monster progress appeared lost(lights went out on playfield). Crypt multiball was about the only thing working at that point as far as modes. I had Frank, Ethyl, and Pit Creature done at that point.

1 week later
#4696 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Do both resistors need to be removed? I have both and pulled out the ball save magnet so far....

I only removed the ball save magnet resistor. I had it on original pattern however after the latest code update it’s not working as well as it did prior. Might need to try some other patterns.

#4745 3 years ago

Could someone sticky the instructions for getting the new weapons?

3 weeks later
#4845 3 years ago

Just got my ACNC back together this evening with a fresh coat of powder courtesy of @robertstone0407. Great work yet again on this!

61CB49A2-D382-40AF-BC71-833BB9B11107 (resized).jpeg61CB49A2-D382-40AF-BC71-833BB9B11107 (resized).jpeg5EEB1BD6-43C7-4C0D-A6B5-84B63982C1EC (resized).jpeg5EEB1BD6-43C7-4C0D-A6B5-84B63982C1EC (resized).jpeg10E750B8-2BC5-46FA-A3C7-5BCDEC61A591 (resized).jpeg10E750B8-2BC5-46FA-A3C7-5BCDEC61A591 (resized).jpeg9494826B-A07B-4382-A89E-FD0CD7797891 (resized).jpeg9494826B-A07B-4382-A89E-FD0CD7797891 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 300.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 14.00
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vitty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=vitty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.