(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider takingupspace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1673 4 years ago

I'm officially in!!! Spot 362 (keeping it in Texas) and confirmed all my options today. I am so excited!!

I first played ACNC at TPF earlier this year and was unexpectedly a bit enamored with it. My initial exposure to Spooky pins had been as they were released, or probably even intro/prototypes at an earlier TPF, and they didn't grab me. Each time I played I thought....just....meh. I always hoped to put more time in on them to make a more knowledgable rating of them, but hadn't been able to (not many in the wild). But, when I stepped up to ACNC for the first time, not knowing at all what to do, I got 69 million, and loved it. I kind of recall someone from Spooky (sorry, I don't know who you were) stepping in while I was between the second and third ball and asking me if I was loving it and I actually said "Yeah, but it's kind of pissing me off because I'm not sure how the rules work yet.....but this is awesome." So it began. Since then I've just been watching it. Waiting. Choosing just the right time to pounce on the spousal approval wagon...and...patience has paid off.

It'll still be a bit before I can welcome this beauty in to the house and place it next to my Iron Maiden, but it'll be a good line-up when I do. Life is good!!

1 week later
#1713 4 years ago

Curious if ACNC comes with leg protectors or, if not, anyone adding those and if so what kinds?

1 month later
#2330 4 years ago

Number 362 arrived on Friday and I thought I’d share a few thoughts. First, the delivery was super easy and the outer box was pristine. No shipping issues at all. It was easier to un-pallet the game and then move it inside with a dolly. Did that myself with no issues. I had a couple buddies over that evening, so with three people it was really easy to get the legs on, bolt on the backbox, install some anti-rattle tape on the glass, level (to about 7%), and get into position. No issues at all for this step either. I did have some NOVUS cleaner just to be sure there was nothing on the play field from the build and shipping, but no need as it was perfectly clean. One minor item we came across is that when I snapped the latch down to lock on the backbox ‘something’ obviously fell out into the playfield. A little searching and we did find that the top piece of the guillotine had popped off. There was no indication of damage anywhere, and I just slipped it back on and it was a good snug fit. I’ll probably go back and add a drop of hot glue in there at some point just to keep it secure.

The pin started up perfect although, woah, that bass was rattling everything!!! First step was to try to turn that down a bit although I’ve still got some work to there as the bass is not balanced well with the rest of the sound (personal preference for sure). Not sure how many games we put on it, but was played for a solid 7 straight hours Friday night, and then maybe 3 hours on Saturday. The issues we came across included:

(a) front drop target for the crypt was not releasing; found the issue on the switch itself and had to bend the piece that positions the switch. Will have to post a picture instead of trying to describe. Once bent though, it worked perfect.

(b) there were some interesting locations where the ball got stuck and had to take the glass off to move. Will need to track that over time to see if there are any repeats and then work on a fix.

(c) got two balls into the left side of Frankenstein and the game couldn’t figure it out. Even though one popped out in a ball search the game didn’t know the second one was still up there. As above, will just need to see if that happens again.

(d) had one game when on either the second or third ball, the game put three balls into the shooter lane. There was one other time when two balls were added. I might check the roll-over switch connections if that happens anymore.

(e) the magnet save definitely needs some adjustment. It wasn’t throwing the ball in any direction at first, just slow roll down when released. I changed to pattern 2 and started getting 7 of 10 into play. Interestingly though, when it doesn’t get thrown up into play, it instead rockets straight down. I’ll keep working on that.

It’s possible some other small items cropped up, but by 1or 2 AM none of us were keeping track of any of that.

Overall, it plays like I expected and hoped. Excellent game!!!!

6 months later
#4659 3 years ago

I downloaded the new code, no issues and appeared to be correct size. Put the USB drive into an open slot, booted, screen ended with the 'remove USB - power cycle' request, which I did. When I restarted it sat on the first screen with some basic text for perhaps 5 minutes, then went blank, acted like something was going to happen, and now it's been a blank screen for easily 20 - 25 minutes. Thoughts?? I'm about ready to power-cycle and see what does or doesn't work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider takingupspace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=takingupspace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.