(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 minutes ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spookycharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I only get a hum when I unplug the super base.

The audio cable runs from the display driver on the back of the display to the audio amp... make sure the cable is plugged into the black barrel 1/8" jack (left side facing the game) on the back of the display driver, and at the amp. That cable can come loose in shipping once in a while. We actually have a simple adhesive mount now to prevent that.

And call / email during the day or use the email links on our website for service anytime. Between Chris and I, we get to everyone pretty quick. Even after hours.

1 week later
#505 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

but this is getting close.

Spooky approved!!! That's a great looking piece and idea. Nice job!

#510 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I'm 87 and I paid my distro a few weeks ago

I think your distributor will be chiming in here, but you are all on the line (86 & 87).

Quoted from pinhacker71:

I paid #76 2 weeks ago and still waiting on call

Not for long you won't!

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

I’m #89 and paid in full six weeks ago.

Should rarely be more than 2 weeks from the time you get a "game on line" notice... talk to your distributor. We don't want you waiting that long either.

1 week later
#588 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I think that any time you chime in and provide answers and direction, it is extremely appreciated. It certainly sets Spooky far apart from at least one of the big guys

These threads are a 'snapshot in time' though and unfortunately many don't read through or are/have been following as closely as others.

I appreciate the feedback and love the pin!

I swear we do care, try, and do all we can to make the best games possible and keep everyone happy.

I've seen the next code update, and hooooooly man. COOL STUFF COMING!

And yes Green Hornet, code still does have a long way to go... we're not stopping until it makes even you happy!

#590 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Coming.................................when?

It's pinball, so I'll just say "soon" and not get myself in trouble!

1 week later
#627 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Ok guys, I'm putting myself out there again

Hey... we HAVE to put ourselves out there! Fun isn't it?

As one of the lucky people with this particular topper, all I can say is what a kind wonderful awesome gesture... and what a creative fantastic job!!!

I had it on Squirrel's desk but apparently she needed to work there this morning so now it's on top of Godzilla. I gotta get my own Alice Cooper game at some point and take both IT and the topper home! Boy am I glad we did the 9 foot ceilings now!

And huge thanks to SDTM Greg and the nice one (the tides have turned!) for the killer review on ACNC... still giving my team credit for making it as good as it is!

Great days at Spooky... that's for sure! Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from Jousley:

is that the sound from Sideshow when the crowd is screaming as if on a rollercoaster?

Nope... the sounds in the game are all Scott Danesi originals. There was a roller coaster-ish style scream in earlier code on the left scoop but we tossed it out.

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

The request is to make the ball search better. It seems like it only fires off a couple coils and that's it, until the third attempt, then it tries the drop target. It should also trigger Frankenstein, and also the upper drop target.

It will do all of that... but not immediately. Clearing Frank on the 1st go round is frustrating if the ball isn't "lost" there and somewhere simple gets it... same with the Danesi lock. It does the simple stuff first, then on the 3rd pass clears everything. If you don't hit the flippers, it does all of that fairly quickly.

We'll compare the Alice slings to TnA in code, but rapid fire isn't what Scott tweaked. The problem is we can't fix what we don't see here... every game with a machine gunning sling we have fixed with just the standard switch adjustment on the line. If a single ball strike to the rubber is able to activate both switches that fast, then one or both of the switches (tied together like every other pin) is just gapped too close.

We'll look at it again regardless and see if it can be compensated for.

#684 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Sorry, but mine doesn't. We waited a few minutes, and many ball searches, NONE of them raised Frank. It wasn't until we went into the menu that Frank raised. We tried it twice.

I was mistaken... Frank clears on the 4th search. It builds progressively in the search to try and not screw up the game. We just tested it here again.

It may have been different in older code for sure. It was on the 1st pass originally but that caused more havoc. Changed it to the 3rd later, and now apparently the 4th (drop targets on 3rd).

Make sure you are running the latest code... and there will be another release asap with a ton of goodness!

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Still no luck! I've tried higher and lower, and it doesn't help.

Ok... so it is trying to clear as intended, just not getting there. That's better than 1 odd game not doing what all the others are!

Just email those pics over to me and I'll have the production manager look at them in the morning. He's got a couple of fixes for this they use on the line for an occasional ball hang up.

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

ball will not fit down the left "X" lane on the upper playfield

Just loosen the screw on the center lane guide a tiny bit and push it to the right, tighten back down.

On the orbit, lower / increase the ball launch power in the menu until you hit a setting that is consistent.

The inner orbit is not meant to exit super fast to the right... gives you a bit more control on that 1 shot. The other 2 orbits are fast enough!

Old code had an occasional re-boot here and there. NEW CODE COMING VERY SOON!!! Big changes.

Welcome to the club! Email us direct with any questions so we don't miss them.

1 week later
#746 4 years ago

While Fawzma is on a much needed family time break, we're going to just put this NEW CODE LINK ON PINSIDE!!!! There are some really cool features (like, CO-OP!) some blinky cool light shows that are a major upgrade, PLUS A TON MORE GOODNESS like this: Notice there are now 2 lights blinking on that upper playfield to make feeding your Frankenstein a little easier.

Fawzma will put the "what's new" up on our website (which is under new development right now) later today... but for now, grab some friends, and try to beat the monsters in that spooky castle together. Maybe you'll all end up as Billion Dollar Babies?!? Mmmmwwwwwahahahaaa!!!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jX87krdLAcV9Hd-A1tFDkKM0Zkni-Uzj

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Awesome. What are the install instructions? (first time on a Spooky game)

Click the link I attached, put it on a flash stick, put it in any one of the USB ports in the board on the top right in the backbox of your ACNC, turn the game on... wait for the prompt.

Turn game off, remove the stick, turn back on... ENJOY!

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

1. If burrs from 3D printing are a known issue for the guillotine operation / squeaking sounds, are you now doing due diligence and inspecting for these burrs, and removing them before assembly of the mechanism?

2. You mentioned the guillotine mechanism uses a servo motor. My friend has a Rob Zombie and had an Aliens. He had to disable the Robot on Rob Zombie as the servo motor would at times draw too much power and cause game crashes. He ended up buying "a bag of servos" for use with his Aliens as they constantly needed replacing. Will you be switching to a more reliable / less problematic motor for the guillotine (such as those that have traditionally been in pinball machines)?

The 3D parts have a bit of a texture... that is what can cause the rare and random "squeak". Compared to say the noise made by the original MM castle gate, it's incredibly minor. Add a little Teflon lube gel, and it will be fine.

The motor driving code is GREATLY improved since the RZ days. It will actually shut down power to any motor pushing where it can't get to go. On the odd occasion that one does, they are super inexpensive ($8 from Spooky) to replace.

Quoted from BobC:

3. You mentioned lanes guides being "bent" by ball hits. I have owned many machines. I have occasionally had to adjust the position of one by loosening a screw, moving the guide a bit, and then tightening the screw...

He was basically saying exactly that. Give the ball guide a little move with your finger, tighten the screw if needed, and you'll be fine.

There are 200 of these games out there now, and they have been pretty darn dependable, and they will continue to get better.

As far as parts for any of our games, we still have 100% availability on AMH parts from 6 years ago, so we don't see that changing any time soon.

#793 4 years ago

Yes, please make it a menu option or put Frankenstein back the way he was. There's little dramatic entrance anymore and the toys are the biggest reason I bought this game.

That will get some big improvements! Just need to re-tweak the timing in the light show / mech process.

The magnet save light show will be in the same boat back to awesome! Some other tweaks we're finding need to be made for ball visibility as well in the new and greatly improved light shows! It will all come around... lots of polish yet to come!

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I've looked at pictures on Pinside and I've seen 2 different speaker covers.

One looks like a skull, and another an eye (?) with a spider in the middle (which I like much better).

Is the skull an aftermarket mod?

So here's the story on that... I made both! Lol. I was at a loss as to what to do for a cool speaker cover metal upgrade, and out of desperation close to TPF last year, I made the vampire skull thing. I was thinking of Alice's side band (Hollywood Vampires) at the time.

Then like 2 days later we went to a show. I looked up, and thought... well, THAT WORKS MUCH BETTER!!!

AC_Backdrop (resized).jpgAC_Backdrop (resized).jpg
#807 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

So do I have to contact KT if I want the Spider in the Eye ones?

Yep... [email protected] or [email protected]

Just tell them you want the lighted speaker kit.

#814 4 years ago

Hey Charlie, just straight up, more to come isn't ever going to be more songs right? I just want to know not to set the hopes bar too high.

Edit Disclaimer: on heavy pain meds right now. Not trying to sound harsh in any way.

There are 16 songs total with the 10 Alice and 6 by Matt (Piggy D)... there won't be any licensed songs added unless Alice requests them personally.

2 weeks later
#945 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I'm in the ACNC fan club thread, so I expect support for the game, but does anyone else feel this way?

Yep.. they do. There are plenty on both sides of the fence, and that's fine.

Bottom line is buy what you enjoy. If you like a more challenging game with a lot to do and crazy fun rules, here it is. If you like easy open flow shots, lots of those out there too. We personally own both and love all styles of games! I enjoy getting whooped by a TnA as much as I enjoy whooping up on a Star Trek or Monster Bash.

Maybe I'm semi sadistic?! I mean... we do own a pinball company.

1 week later
#1036 4 years ago

Well... rock guys have influenced pinball for years, but it was the most surreal moment ever when we got to the show last night to find out the entire stage show on this new tour was "Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle". Word is the tour will run until late this year and be named to match the game.

To get to work with some of your heroes in a business you love is incredible. To have them turn out to be as genuine, nice, caring, and wonderful as Alice Cooper and his ENTIRE team... beyond words.

We've done much in our 6.5 year history... still much to do to be where we really want to be. But to take our entire crew to the show last night, get them to meet the man on the game, talk to Alice about the show & game crossover, and watch a band that incredibly talented (GO!!! The show is freaking amazing and NOBODY on that stage is less than stellar). ... proud moment for team Spooky.

Best is yet to come... thanks to everyone that believes in us.

20190709_184207 (resized).jpg20190709_184207 (resized).jpg20190709_184343 (resized).jpg20190709_184343 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1124 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I just unboxed #146 and there’s no latch on the coin door lock!!! I can’t even play it! Is this a joke? Am I missing something? Would this ever happen in a Stern game??

We don't install the locks, Suzo Happ does and this is the first time we've had a report of one falling off in shipping. The clasp should be in the cabinet somewhere... if it's not, as Luke stated, let us know and we'll get you a replacement right away.

But we will watch for this going forward to be safe.

#1126 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Those of you that are in the 300-500 range...enjoy the blissful thoughts of "It's coming eventually", because when you get to "any day now" the wait is far worse! I can't wait to hit that start button for the 1st time!

Thank you for the patience!!! We hate to make anyone wait, but the reality of being able to build 500 games a year is where we are at... and comfortable at that level. It's safe for us AND our customers (we like that!)

#1129 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I found the screw and it was stripped beyond belief. No latch. No standards.

One more time... the screw (which we didn't install) goes through the latch. If you found the screw, that means the latch was there when we shipped the game.

All the games are on stands that have a 6.5 degree tilt during assembly. A missing coin door latch would be noticed in 5 seconds by everyone on the floor trying to walk around a door hanging open.

I'm sorry yours came apart in shipping... if you can't find the latch, we'll send you a new one immediately.

#1133 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I did for a minute.

You are HIRED! Welcome to the team.

#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

the screw is basically destroyed. How does that happen, exactly?

Ask Suzo Happ... the maker of this and every other coin door on the planet? We're already checking every single one of them now (we have hundreds in stock) to be safe, and so far... zero issues. So this makes 1 that we are aware of in 1,500 games shipped.

You have a used AMH (if I read your emails to our super nice tech guy correctly) we shipped 6 years ago you bought used last year, with a crap ton of mods having glitching issues. Mods can put a real strain on your power supply... he asked you to check it, you don't have the ability. We're still trying to help you regardless of warranty / after market mods / etc etc etc.

You have a lock bar that is touching your side rails... we're sending you mylar to cover your side rails (thanks JJP for the inspiration) so you can play without worry. Also, you can use the lock bar adjustment screws (located under the lock bar itself) to make it more snug.

Trying man. Really hard.

#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

even if it would make him feel better.

I'm trying to make you feel better, and apparently getting nowhere while being attacked over and over privately and publicly. Turns out, I'm human.

I'm incredibly sorry the coin door maker made a mistake on 1 screw and we didn't catch it. Please allow me to offer you a full refund of your game purchase... box it up and I will contact your distributor to make arrangements to return it.

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I’ll wait to hear from him.

Called him 10 minutes ago and left a message. Thank you.

Who wants game #164? Soon to be refurbished with a new coin door latch.

Plastic protectors, interior graphics, knocker, shaker, blue powdercoat, and a lighted speaker kit... will ship as soon as we get it back and go through it.

#1166 4 years ago

Game has re-sold... moving on with my day now.

Sorry to be a part of any drama ever. Back to work checking coin door screws and 5 billion other things.

#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You wake up at 3am in a sweat stressing about it.

I'm more of a 2 to 4 a.m. kinda guy.... then you start watching the clock to figure out "if I fall asleep now I'll get X minutes... is it worth it, or do I just go to the shop now?" kinda vibe.

Then you get to work tired, answer 50 emails you got overnight, do everything you can during the day, work late to make up for what you COULDN'T get done, travel weekends to show the product, and hope at the end of the year the accountant calls and says "hey, you get to do this again next year. Congrats!".

So man hugs brother... you survived, and so will I. I think ... ?

#1181 4 years ago

And thank you everyone for the support... ALL OF YOU. Means the world when it sometimes feels like you can do no right on any given day. Spooky is built by good people, and supported by good people. Never ever taking that for granted.

We still come to Pinside because we want the people who support us to feel like we listen and care, because we do... none of this exists without any piece of that puzzle.

Thank you all.

#1215 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Any word on the possible topper that the Minions were working on?

It's getting some code work now (little more complex than any topper we've done before).

Quoted from sleepygtr:

how do you get this out of your head for daily activities?
I can’t get a girl
'Cause I ain't got a car
I can't get a car
'Cause I ain't got a job
I can't get a job
'Cause I ain't got a car
So I'm looking for a girl with a job and a car

May need therapy

I KNOW I need therapy! And that's some genius level thinking in those lyrics... feels like my entire thought chain in 1984.

#1285 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

The best laid plans of mice and men ...

...all take time to achieve. Thank goodness we have 2 programmers now.

Still lots of polish to go in this game everyone. It's already the deepest game we've ever made, and more to come! We'll be adding / fixing / polishing for months, and we're happy to do so.

2 weeks later
#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

"Welcome to Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle"!

Freakin' still blows my mind!!! We've done much here in the last 6.5 years.... hard to top this particular little nod to the game from Alice's team.

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Grrr! Danni just beat my high score...

Yeah... I smile a lot when Bug does that to me too! Darn kids!!!

#1468 4 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

We actually just drove to Spooky yesterday to pick ours up. It is a great game. We even got an interview with Charlie

Was an absolute blast!!! Thanks again for taking the time to come down, get a game, and talk to Bug and I.

Quoted from pin2d:

Been looking forward to this one for a long time...best day ever!! Joined the club!!

No comment on the door latch, other than great work securing that puppy! And thanks Jeff... 2 Spooky games now?! You must be crazy! Lol.

Appreciate the support everyone... more than we can say.

1 week later
#1517 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

Anyone have clear coat issues yet?

Prototype #1 with 8 bazillion show and testing plays reporting for duty... all is well.

We had an issue on some TnA's... we know this. It was 1 game out of 6 we've made. Any mistake is 1 too many.

Corrections made, moving forward.
20190822_142745 (resized).jpg20190822_142745 (resized).jpg20190822_142752 (resized).jpg20190822_142752 (resized).jpg

#1546 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Charlie - Could you comment on what exactly was the issue you found and corrected? I notice that there is no longer art where the posts are. Is this a result of what you found? Was the ink in the art causing adhesion issues? We are all trying to understand what’s going on as this is causing many of us to halt our NIB purchases.

Here's the issue with all of this... making a playfield is the hardest physical part of mfg a pinball machine. You are asking wood and clear coat to do something impossible... stand up to a steel ball. (Yeah I know, been said 1,000 times before). The wood is going to lose that battle eventually no matter what. People can say Wms never had issues but there's a reason those reproduction boards are being made still today.

So we all do what we can to slow the decay as much as possible. This takes more time, $$$, and experimentation than anyone who hasn't done this for a living will ever know. It's incredibly proprietary so communication is minimal. KFC isn't posting which 11 herbs and spices they use either.

I happen to feel our playfields are the absolute best in the industry, and yes... we too like everyone else, had an issue. It only takes 1 minor change in any of the chemicals or process involved to cause a problem... sometimes the parts / chemicals we've used for years change and we don't even know until it's too late. Pulling the art back a bit was only part of making sure it never happened again. Far more to it, and unless you've made a thousand of these things you'll never know how hard it all actually is. The learning process NEVER stops when you are dealing with a natural product like wood being exposed to unnatural chemicals and situations.

We did all we could to correct the situation, make everyone happy, and made sure we took every precaution necessary regardless of cost to keep it on the good side going forward. I believe that shows on ACNC and the last multiple batches of TnA (which is perhaps the fastest most violent pinball game ever made). No pressure when we KNOW everyone is watching all of this like a hawk now and will keep doing so huh???!

There is a reason our playfield process is uniquely our own, local, and will stay that way.

Thanks everyone. Go back to enjoying your Sunday.

#1561 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Here is a question: When is there going to be a medisinyl and spookycharlie collaboration on a game? His mods are perfect matches for Charlie's games

Hmmmmm..... yeah, that guy is fairly amazing isn't he!? Never say never!

1 week later
#1626 4 years ago

These... are impressive. I'm about to mess up my warranty on purpose!

20190905_084221 (resized).jpg20190905_084221 (resized).jpg
#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Can you take pics of the shooter coil from top and side? Let's see if it is not aligned properly. I had to adjust mine right away as there were two t-nuts that were not recessed flush, into the PF.

These things can sometimes have a mind of their own... we test fire the crap out of them here on the floor, but that doesn't mean it stays perfect.

Best way we've found to make the adjustment is to put the phone in slow motion and take a video. Figure out where the ball is going astray in the launch lane, and typically slowing the speed of the launch down in the menu with a slight shift of the shooter mech gets it.

Again, not an exact science... working on ways to improve the consistency on that mech for future games already.

1 week later
#1693 4 years ago

CUSTOMER ALERT: Kayte and Morgan are getting reports of some of the "your games are ready" emails hopping into spam... so if you have a game on order, IT MAY BE READY! Check those filters and emails the gals if all else fails. [email protected] [email protected]

SIDE NOTE: All Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle games will be out the door by December as promised, and games available are running LOW. So if games limited to 500 units and short wait times are your thing... here you go, and we're getting close to last call. LIFE, IS GOOD!!!

NEW CODE COMING SOON!!!

#1697 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

So....what's shipping out after December?

Stuff and things!!!

#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Spooky learned their lesson about dropping titles too soon with ACNC.

YES WE DID!!!

3 weeks later
#1873 4 years ago

THOSE ARE THE EXACT ONES HE'S ADDICTED TO!!!

Bryan leaves a tub every time he comes here... they last about 2 days.

Anyone wishing to help the floor Minion Manager (cue sappy ASPCA sad dog music)
please address to...

SPOOKY LUKE IS A CHEESEBALL
C/O Spooky Pinball LLC
184 Ridge AVe.
Benton, WI 53803

1 week later
#1942 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Were you all carving pumpkins in the shop or something last week?

Our floor manager (who will in here shortly to help you with the serious stuff) has a serious addiction to pumpkin spice EVERYTHING!!! The struggle is real. And also cheese ball puffs.

Manual has begun for ACNC... much of it is just transferred from TnA, which is down to parts lists (Squirrel is on that). All coming!

#1986 4 years ago

Whoa!!!

15716861646022585252522513329937 (resized).jpg15716861646022585252522513329937 (resized).jpg
#1989 4 years ago

And another one just got here!!!! Well... this is exciting... HAHAHAAAAA!!!

There is gonna be a happy minion in the morning. I think we'll turn the empty tubs into parts bins!

#1990 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is a RZ question, but while you're here...where does this yellow wire I found floating around in a RZ go? I couldn't see anywhere it belonged, and the game seems to be fully working. My only guess was that this was to the leaf switch for the kicker that was abandoned in the area to the left of the single Lock 1-2-3 drop target.

Email this stuff to us directly so we be sure to see it... but that appears to be the 12v lines for one of the light up mods. They were the only ones that color.

#2012 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I agree.... some of the shots in the game are nearly impossible and there is no way to get up to the upper playfield much less make the guillotine shot.

It's fun at shows (like last week) to watch people just struggle like hell up there. Can't start Frank, can't hit the guillotine... THEN YOU SHOW THEM. Hold the upper flipper up and TRAP THE BALL. 90% of the time the game will feed that flipper and make EVERYTHING much easier. That right ramp is wide and easy once you get it lined up and flowing. Left ramp is more of a sweet spot and harder to control, but manageable.

But yeah, your statement is correct if you swat at the ball and don't gain control. Slow it down, catch it, use the "eyes" target to drop that Frank target for less risk on Feed My Frankenstein, backhand the guillotine, whatever you need. You'll be beating Alice, Frank, and the vampire before you know it regularly.

#2024 4 years ago

Do you have it saved Charlie?

I do not... sadly. Wasn't ours to save.

#2044 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

got out of bed and called from my personal phone at 8pm

What the hell are you doing in bed at 8pm? You aren't even 30 yet!

But nice work tracking this one down and helping out Spooky Luke. Above and beyond. No wonder you are swimming in cheese balls these days.

#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Way more awesome in reality!

MY GAWD that is AWESOME!!! We should have shot the promo flyer at your place.

Seriously... I have game room decoration envy. I need to step up our basement when I run out of things to do (which means never).

LOVE IT!!!

#2056 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I'm not into toppers.

Us either.

This is just attract mode... it will be interactive with the game, gauges will show mode progress, and the brain even tracks Igor for you in "Lost In America!".

Being assembled now... email: [email protected] to get one or for more info!

#2060 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Interactive? That's awesome!

It is!!! And just updates via code with the rest of the game.

This was a project that I personally didn't have time for, so we turned it over to the Minions... who proceeded to combine their efforts and came up with the "Spooky Brain-O-Rator" (as seen on the side of the cabinet in the ACNC artwork). They did a great job, and proud of what they came up with.

Price is $299 and Squirrel tells me they will start shipping next week. Every one is hand assembled. The Minions have plowed through 2 tubs of cheeseballs at night working on these things already!

20191024_160550 (resized).jpg20191024_160550 (resized).jpg
#2061 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

do I spy Aerosmith next to Alice?

You do! Lol... floor manager Spooky Luke is a big big fan of that band. We took it in on trade so he can play at night while eating cheeseballs.

#2135 4 years ago

What Luke said... bigger picture code issues to solve at the moment (and doing so) ... THEN the flashy blinky cool rules stuff can keep rolling.

#2191 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Was able to play ONE game and crashed it. It now bootloops.

Dude... you fixed that so fast I was shocked. Like we had 3 people looking at what your issue could be and BANG! Fixed before we could get the 2nd email to you... ?!?! Amazing.

We seriously have had a failure on those MeanWell 5 & 12v power supplies at the rate of less than 1 a year. Maybe 4 in the entire almost 7 years of Spooky... crazy you tracked that down so quick.

Squirrel has a replacement going out for you today (and the add ons).

#2195 4 years ago
Quoted from Veith:

How dare they send me a game that works perfectly with no adjustments right out of the box

We love you... and we mean that.

I swear we're getting better. Not perfect, but we'll keep aiming for that to earn those cheeseballs for the minions.

They've emptied several tubs already!

20191030_090644 (resized).jpg20191030_090644 (resized).jpg
#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

at what point do we tell the minions that I opened, licked, and put back 1 cheese ball from a package I sent anonymously?

Pretty sure the cheese powder in these things is fairly antiseptic anyway. And judging from the number of times I hear "5 second rule!" shouted across the shop, they aren't too concerned about germs.

Kanpai!!!!

#2239 4 years ago

From Benton, WI...

Happy .... HALLOWEEN!!! ... ?

20191031_095852 (resized).jpg20191031_095852 (resized).jpg
#2243 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Snow already?? I'd be on the first plane south.

I'm 51... and best of my memory, snow this early is a first.

Don't recall trick or treating as a kid in snow boots. I'll have to shovel a path for the kids tonight! Lol.

#2326 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Problem is no one Knew it was a feature. Now we know.
We ended up throwing out the game at our league night because he thought there was a scoring problem.
When I was notified that someone’s score changed and they were not playing, I immediately think something is not right, as did the players playing in the game.

Tom.... next time call me!

Yes, that is 100% the rule... if a player locks a ball and someone else steals it, the person who locked the ball gets 1 million for the lost work.

This rule if memory serves me correctly was implemented by a former world champ tournament pinball player on our team.

#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

FN PERFECT SPOOKY!

Gryszzz... you're F'n perfect buddy. Don't ever let anyone tell ya' different!

Lots of adjustments coming for power on the ball eject folks... that seems to be the biggest culprit.

Quoted from CurtDR:

The balls were occasionally bouncing back because they were hitting the trough wall

We're looking into that as a possible rattle spot too. Nice homework!

#2399 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

you always had 10 people waitin to talk to ya!

I paid 9 of them to stand there and make me look interesting. Something Gryszzz will NEVER have to do!

HELL YEAH COME TALK TO ME MAN! Every single time. Just glad you're enjoying the game, and we'll catch up to you sooner or later!

#2413 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My only complaint is the ball getting stuck by Frank. Had to take glass off quite a bit to free it. We raised him up to 99 too.
That and we had 2 balls ejecting occasionally.
Please tell me there's a fix for ole Frank!

Shoot me an email with a photo of how / where it's getting stuck Gryszzz... [email protected]

Should be able to adjust around it fairly easy. Pitch and level can throw off what we set here in the factory a bit. We'll get ya' right sir!

Next update will have a power adjustment for the trough kick out... that solves it fairly quick.

1 week later
#2605 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

woodgrain in the artwork

Get it near some mild humidity... it should go down. Our shop is fairly dry and we occasionally see games that have been here for a couple years get a bit of the raised grain at times (mostly fall / winter when the air gets dry). We toss them in the print room where humidity runs about 50% and it goes down in a couple days.

There are so many factors in what can cause this it's mind boggling. Time of year the board is made & shipped, how it is sanded, cured, where the game is kept, dry air, moist air, cold, hot, sunshine, cleaning chemicals, wax types... you name it, wood reacts. The board used in ACNC has reacted FAR better than the more expensive TnA board.

#2623 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Do we have new code coming soon? Video just posted minutes ago.

It was a good idea to get this out before it's released.

Everyone (smarter than me and Luke) is working crazy hard to solve the memory leak issue... once hammered out, release will be out fast with a ton of game play fixes.

#2631 4 years ago

Least glossy playfield in the shop, camera 2" away.

Same spot on the board after 1 minute with a rag and 3M polish, camera 2" away.

Same board from chest height.

20191121_161006 (resized).jpg20191121_161006 (resized).jpg20191121_163617 (resized).jpg20191121_163617 (resized).jpg20191121_163905 (resized).jpg20191121_163905 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#5682 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

using weapon's

He's Australian... they have different grammar rules down there.

We think he's bloody fair dinkum awesome.

1 week later
#5821 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

So are they making more than the original 500 alice coopers?

ABSOLUTELY NOT... the last few ACNC games were sold after Rick and Morty launched, as well as a handful of the charity games (we do not run that website, but sales are 100% done for ACNC is the point).

We're in the process of working the handful still due to customers in the best we can right now, but it isn't going to be fast. Most of our production line has shifted (or is new) to increase production time on Rick and Morty, and only a couple workers have experience with ACNC, so they're plugging away between other daily responsibilities.

20210201_124312 (resized).jpg20210201_124312 (resized).jpg
#5856 3 years ago

There will be another code update coming... just FYI.

All I want to say for now. Stay tuned! We want this as good as you do.

#5862 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

did you release the code yet?

when is the code release?

is it out yet?

We suggest you contact [email protected]

2 months later
#6347 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

ou can still buy it at alicecooperpinball.com

Bronze $7995
Silver $8995
Gold $10495

No you can't... that's not our website, and should have been taken down long ago. It was a limited time charity game package.

Always come to the source for correct information.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 300.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spookycharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=spookycharlie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.