(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5202 3 years ago

Joining your club if that's OK? I've had zombie in the house for a couple of weeks now and found a nice HUO Alice yesterday. looking forward to seeing and first playing one when it's delivered in a week or two.

#5208 3 years ago

Wombat eh? Are you an expat or an honorary aussie?

"Wombat: A wombat is an Aussie animal who eats roots and leaves. It's a derogatory term when used by females to describe a male with these habits – root being a euphemism for sexual intercourse."

1 week later
#5231 3 years ago

Just got a text from the delivery guy. Alice will be here at dinnertime this evening. Yipppeee.

#5234 3 years ago

pb72 (resized).jpgpb72 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#5331 3 years ago

How do you start the co-op mode? Is that on Zombie too?

3 weeks later
#5433 3 years ago

Still waiting for my decal to turn up.

1 month later
#5560 3 years ago

Wizard mode. any machine, just once.

NotGunnaHappenPunkin

2 weeks later
#5630 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

-Alice - Violate

Ooops entendre.

1 week later
#5652 3 years ago

Sometimes pinball people remind me of ten year old girls. Just entitled and want it, want it now.

Oh, sorry, meant this for the confessions thread.

#5683 3 years ago

We have our own dictionary of 'strine'.

#5685 3 years ago

Not a very good one, check this channel out it's pretty close;

There's 6 or 8 of them and they are all worth watching. My North American mates all make fun of me ordering beer when we are in china... Beah.

2 weeks later
#5849 3 years ago

And it's not a beautiful tree.

1 month later
#6179 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Another question
Can I make the two multiballs harder to start ?Is there a settingfor this?

Play worse.

#6189 3 years ago

One would think that people with epilepsy would know to stay away from pinball machines. There are so many that having crazy blinking lights.

The thought that three such people would all go to the same place, play the same machine and take a fit is so far fetched it's hardly believable.

Quoted from kciaccio:

Don't ever get a Tales from the Crypt machine, they will seizure for sure trying to activate the multi-ball.

JJP gunners anyone?

2 weeks later
#6289 2 years ago

Quoted from 27dnast:

So Canadians really pronounce decal as “de-kal”??

Believe me, citizens of the United States of North America don't represent the English speaking world (neither do aussies). But the word is pronounced like that here too. You guys don't even spell properly.

And tell me how a word that is spelt 'solder' and pronounced across the world as sol der, can possibly be pronounced 'sodder'?

What the fuck did you guys do with the L?

#6294 2 years ago

Well, in my defense (weak as it is), spelt is actually a word. It just doesn't make sense in a sentence where i should have spelled it differently.

#6315 2 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

ACNC is the best spooky game!

I dunno, i love Rob Zombie too.

#6328 2 years ago

Love combos on this or any machine.
Loving going for the 5 way on Attack From Mars. Got a 6 way on Theatre of Magic yesterday playing against a mate 12 million for the final shot, so nice to hear all the superlatives.

1 month later
#6371 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I tell you what ...
A buddy of mine bought a used ACNC.
I hadn’t seen him for a while, and he came around to my place for a tournament.
His playing had improved MARKEDLY after playing ACNC for a few months. Like, I was surprised how much better he was.
So, there’s that.
rd

All my pins teach me different things. C'mon Dave, you know that.

Orbit 1 teaches me ball control, GnR teaches me backhand, AFM teaches me to pay attention to rules.

But most of all i like playing against people that are better than me.

They teach me new skills. like sliding!

But you are 100% correct, Alice teaches me to trap and shoot.

#6387 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Agree - ACNC upper playfield is one of the best. Hey, I can’t actually think of a better one.
The Shadow would be up there as well.
Mando one looks like the Aerosmith LE/premium one. Just whack the ball around. That ain’t no fun. But hey, I haven’t played it. Just my first impression.
rd

Aerosmith is light all the standups to light the loop, then do the back loop and avoid the right ramp drain. There is method to it.

#6391 2 years ago

Dunno mate, haven't even looked at the latest Sterns, but have an ASle

#6393 2 years ago

If you have the lock lit you can go for a back door lock as well, but it's fairly one dimensional. My only point is it's not just bash it around, there is goals, although quite simple.

1 week later
#6409 2 years ago

Hope not.

2 weeks later
#6424 2 years ago

Now you have to find an RZ. well done.

#6426 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Dare to dream!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1497239890571190/permalink/2614060728889095/

In Australia today, but it's a sign that it's possible.

#6428 2 years ago

Can't go worong. Endorsed by rotordave

2 weeks later
#6491 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I am super depressed about this, but have to leave the club due to space restrictions. My JD just came back from HEP and I am one pin over my 4 pin space allocation. Luckily, I am selling my ACNC to a buddy who lives 1 mile from me and I have first buy back option if he ever decides to sell, but pretty sure he is bolting it to the floor. I will at least get to visit and play it occasionally still.
Anyway, love the game and it is really hard to part with, but had to make a decision and since I can visit and play, this was the right choice. Going to move SS when Halloween is ready, so will still have 2 Spooky's again in the near future.

It was your beautiful black JD that made me want one when i first saw it. Never even looked at Judge Dread before i saw that cab art. Then i bought the black decals and went shopping for a faded machine. It's yet to go to the restorer.

#6493 2 years ago

Yeah, had mine sitting next to the loaner Twighlighjt Zone here. It's a toss up between the two games as to what's more fun, JD holds the theme together heaps better (can't remember much of the TZ tv show) and seems to have more shots.

TZ is 3 times the price here for the same fun.

Sorry Alice fans, saw a squirrel.

1 week later
#6526 2 years ago

While you are kneeling in front of the machine, have a game.

Great way to sort the men from the boys. Have to change the way your hands meet the machine is all. A cushion is your knees friend.

1 week later
#6563 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

lol thats fair! Im most likely not brave enough to attempt it this early into the hobby but I like learning there are options such as that. Alice is just such a frustratingly , bouncy I'll say lol, game I'm finding it rather difficult. Moreso than the other games I've got. Well maybe not Avengers Infinity Quest but that a whole other thing. Alice sure is fun though

Played my mates new Avengers the other day, it's like it's impossible to hit a post. Every fucking shot goes up a ramp.

2 months later
#6711 2 years ago

Well, there is one way......

#6713 2 years ago

No, just beat the existing ones.

1 month later
#6799 2 years ago

You'll want a rob zombie now. I reckon it's a better machine. 7 ball multi and all.

1 month later
#6893 2 years ago

Done well mate. it's a really good pinball machine.

#6921 2 years ago

Done well mate. it's a really good pinball machine.

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I put myself on the list for the Medisinyl Mods for this game, the lab, crypt and volcano look a-mazing.
Question regarding the left scoop - is there generally a "correct" way for this to behave ie, where should it land? Is it designed to hit right flipper, or be much less powerful and go to the left flipper?

Mine goes to right flipper and i can dead bounce 90% of the time. rest of the time it beats me.

1 month later
#6988 2 years ago

admin is usually blank or 4 0's. Not saying try it. But i would.

1 month later
#7061 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

After getting hold of an ACNC I would LOVE to have more Spooky pins. How anyone could not like this game is beyond me, I don't get it.
There really aren't many Spooky's here in Australia though - I'm dying to get R&M and TNA in the house!

Get Rob Zombie if you can find one mate. Great game.

can't believe how much the spooky's have gone up in value here. You could get TNA for 9k 12-18 months ago.

#7063 2 years ago

Wow, cheaper to use Bill than to buy the fuel.

Yeah, the CGC games are the same. I'm embarrassed at the price i picked up AFM just over 12 months ago. They sell for 50% more now.

Didn't like R&M when i played it, but didn't spend much time on it, the 'get to the garage Morty' drove me mental.

Can always come up and play my RZ if you like. 7 ball multi is pretty chaotic. It was the fastest game i'd ever played until last week when my Tron got here. I can't even see the ball on that till half a second after it's gone down the guts.

Let's fuck up some demons.

#7065 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yeah very true, but Bill wasn't available and neither was anyone else (it was around xmas/new year). After faffing around with various options I'd had enough and just took a day to do it myself.
Ah - i played a R&M a few weeks back and really enjoyed it. Truth be told I still felt maybe ACNC was a better game, but I need more time on it. Would really like to give RZ or TNA a try too. You are pretty far away, but hey - I've obviously driven further before.

There's a bedsitter unit spare here (kitchenette and bathroom) if you want to make a weekend of it and play Sunday comp. Bring a mate and a machine.

It's freeway all the way to Coffs from Hexam now. 5hrs from Sydney.

#7070 2 years ago

Yeppers.

rz4 (resized).jpgrz4 (resized).jpg

No international shipping. If you wanted to sell one i may be interested, but you don't care about those elsewhere. What a champ.

#7074 2 years ago

Apologies, just being a sook.

1 week later
#7098 2 years ago

Dave will know.

2 weeks later
#7123 1 year ago

Too right Dave is the LTG of Alice.

#7128 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm starting to get some really weird startup/boot problems on my ACNC. First off, my machine hardly ever boots first time - the machine powers on, then before booting into the Spooky software the screen goes black and all the playfield lights just stay on. Usually, if I turn off, then on again it starts up ok. Saw someone else on here mention that it may be the battery on the cpu?
Anyway, today, the same problem happened again - no problem I thought, just turn off and on again, but this time a screen came up asking for a password. I've seen someone else have this problem on here but didn't see any solution. Anyway, I rebooted again - this time I got errors on the screen saying files couldn't be loaded. Then finally, a last reboot and it finally came up ok.
Has anyone had such weird startup problems - maybe the software needs a re-install? I'm pretty nervous now that something is deteriorating and my game is on it's way to becoming unplayable.

Contact spooky mate.

2 months later
#7243 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Okay, noted!
Tough question then: ACNC or Halloween? Which is better?

Rob Zombie.

#7248 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Looking forward to how Halloween becomes polished, but ACNC for me as it stands.
Though IMO, Rob Zombie and America's Most Haunted are under-rated gems beyond either when it comes to Spooky games.

And a 7 ball multi.
And Mellissa's titties, let's not forget the titties (even though they can't be shown on pinside as topless girls are considered 'nudity' and will be moderated, although topless guys like the Hoff or Sylly are just fine in enlightened 2022).

#7250 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I was way more of a White Zombie fan than I am a Rob Zombie fan. It just wouldn't get appreciated as much in my lineup, sadly.

I completely hate all types of heavy metal, don't particularly like Alice Coopers music either. Theme is nowhere near as important to me as theme integration. And RZ and Alice both have it in spades.

#7252 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I 100% respect that. I guess I need to play it before I judge it. At a glance it just doesn't seem very exciting. I love Alice Cooper and his music so that's why there's a lean that direction.
Music pins have always been tough for me. 2 of the ones I always wanted were Zeppelin and Queen and I was very disappointed (thus far).

Alice is a great game, don't get me wrong, but i have a soft spot for rob because every surface is either a sling or a pop bumper which makes for incredibly fast random action. When it's harsh it's very harsh, but when you start nailing shots it's beautiful.

1 week later
#7274 1 year ago

Upvoted because it's pretty sad to see someone downvoted for expressing an honest evaluation.

#7276 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Downvoted for being overwhelmingly negative.

So he should have lied and said he was happy?

You people.

#7283 1 year ago

It ain't just you brother. I have a multimorphic P3 that cost me $28k delivered nib. It's almost a year old, has never worked properly woith all the modules, is beyond my ability to diagnose or repair and all the pinball techs i know refuse to work on it.

I can't sell it because it doesn't work and i can't use it because it doesn't work.

#7287 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Wow for real - 28k and it's still not working properly after a year? That's pretty terrible.
It's purely subjective - these things are mechanical and some will get problems earlier than others and some will have more issues than others. As far as ACNC and my R&M go, I'd say maybe (and this is VERY general) I do have to take the glass off more often than I would for my Sterns. Nothing major though, I suppose I've been lucky - a stuck switch or some ball hangups that need to be tweaked and that's about it. However, quite honestly I really do expect that - Stern have been in business a lot longer and have years more experience in the manufacturing process. Even when my Stern machines break down (yes it does happen, and they do get similar issues too), I'm rarely annoyed because the support from our local distributor is so good - and to me that's the main thing, getting help when you need it. In that regard, Spooky support and customer service have also been great.
I suppose to me, the unique layouts and the passion that goes into the Spooky games I've played make them well worth the purchase, and I really hope they continue to do well, because the hobby is so much better with guys like these around.

Agreed all round. an MRS from Sonic and most of my ball hang ups went away. i still have some weird software glitches sometimes where the machine loses track of balls occasionally, but i won't be selling either Alice or Rob in the short term, they are too unique and too much fun.

Mostly it's a missing ball and lifting the playfield will find it, sometimes a soft shot from a colliding ball in multi will leave one at the top of the loop or somewhere.
My point was, i can understand someone from the point of view of frustration. We're not all competent handymen.

P3 is another story.

#7307 1 year ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

Exactly. The stem on my spinner never touched the microswitch either. It just doesn't line up. I tried bending the frame for the spinner so at least it spins so the visual appeal but I just made it all janky and while it spun for a while, it looks like sh*t. Once it started stopping the ball again I was like "those orbits are hard enough to hit without nailing a perfect shot just to have the spinner block some of them" so I yanked it.
***If there is some programming that counts the ball passes that engage the spinner I wonder if its possible to just use the existing spinner wiring and install a magnetic sensor or something so I don't need to put the spinner back but the code still functions as intended? It appears to me it'd be easier to yank the microswitch and just install a sensor if they have one-sided ones instead of trying to fix the spinner. Anyone on this one????***

If you wanted an MRS just talk to Sonic Great guy.

#7321 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Remember that half ramps count as full ramps on ACNC. Once it hits that first switch, the ramp is made. Doesn’t need to go all the way around.

Wish someone would tell Frankie that and i'd get a virtual lock.

#7330 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Mine is bugless. I think at this point a lot of “bugs” that people are reporting are caused by magnetized balls. When you get your game just replace whatever balls are in there with Ninja Carbon balls. Buy the game, it’s amazing.
I also recommend replacing the secret passage roll ever to a magnetic reed switch (keeps slow moving balls from trying stuck there and make the inner orbit a faster shot)

This was a necessity on mine. Contact Sonic for the MRS.

#7332 1 year ago

Mystery for one.

#7335 1 year ago

There is no mystery?

Advance monster.

#7340 1 year ago

Careful you don't tie your laces together.

Been learning bridge burning lessons lately is all.

1 month later
#7412 1 year ago

Can get them at the supermarket here.

1 month later
#7509 1 year ago

Shiny balls are all you need to put in that beautiful game. The lights are fine as is i think.

The topper is nice, but exe.

2 weeks later
#7546 1 year ago

They came on my Attack From Mars. I took them off. I still have the ones on my deadpool though.

1 week later
#7551 1 year ago

Is Spooky. Is Quirky.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

ForgetAboutItPunkin

#7554 1 year ago

Or that.

1 week later
#7565 1 year ago

Search the thread, there is the best topper ever made for any machine a couple months ago, there may be one left if you ask.

#7583 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And you got it. Downvote = disagree/dislike. Not sure why that’s harsh.

We had this out. You reckoned Robin said it but he didn't.

It's only you that think this.

Other people see it as a different thing chuck

#7607 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Huh, I jut went to look at those, and saw:

... Didn't the early EM games have separate flippers and shafts?

Of the same unique design as Halographics? Doubt it.

#7614 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That wasn't on the 'holographics' flippers, but the main kit.

Different bats, but the unique design is the shafts and bushings, they are the same for both kits. Oilite bushings, knurled shafts.

#7616 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

Did all ACNC’s come with a real painted translite? Mine did and I recently got an Ultraman and was a little disappointed to see that it did not.

Painted translight you say?

#7619 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hah. I love that term.
Backglass. ACNC came with a backglass. Yes. Not a translight.

Aaaahhh, not sure. Don't think i've had the backglass out of Alice or Rob Zombie.

#7623 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

IMHO, backglasses are a LOOT better as far as the 'look' of them.
On the downside, yeah, they're more expensive to produce, so.. I can see why manufacturers went with translights back in the 90s. (Hell, 80s?)

Unless they come from fucking cpr. Who are producing shit and blaming the environment in the southern hemisphere. Don't send those bastards one cent.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-warranty-in-australia-

#7625 1 year ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7630 1 year ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Can I ask what type of flipper bats they are? Are they hollow? Made of metal?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system

1 week later
#7647 1 year ago

You are doing well. They were around 10kau when i bought mine two years or so ago. Saw one sold for $19kau the other day. I could not justify getting one back after mine goes.

Worth it all day, great game and quite rare. Hate to think what Rob Zombie is worth, better game for me and just as rare.

3 months later
#7832 1 year ago

Why not make your own design and colours?

2 months later
#7876 9 months ago

Not sure about this one, but i was fucking round with TNA the other day and i saw the factory settings were different colour like on a stern. Try lowering it till it changes colour?

2 months later
#7933 6 months ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Same problem… had it fixed now it’s happening again - where did u get the new board?
Thanks!

Quoted from rotordave:

Try swapping the little switch boards over.
There are 2 - right next to each other, under the shooter lane area.
If the problem moves, you know one has gone flakey. Don’t forget to change the DIPs.
Good news is they are dirt cheap at PBL.
rd

3 months later
#7963 3 months ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I believe backhand shots to either ramp can be enabled or disabled by the preset location of the flipper at rest. That's one reason I've taken pictures of my flipper adjustments by machine so they can be replicated if ever having to adjust/rebuild my flippers.

Exactly. It's one of the major benefits of the Precision flippers. They can be adjusted without raising the playfield.

'Droop' the flippers a tiny bit and the bottom third of the playfield becomes more accessible (TWD or DP) or raise them a little over standard and the top part of the playfield becomes easier to dial in.

#7965 3 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Anyone need or miss out the speaker and coindoor decal ? Trevor will do another run at 10 at the moment there are 7
Let’s find 3 pinsider

Link for me please?

#7969 3 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Send him a private message and tell him you wanted to be added to the list. So only 2 left

Yes did that, was thinking there may be a thread. Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=punkin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.