(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,609 posts - Hot topic!
  • 221 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 minutes ago by SpookyLuke
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 539 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191118_142518 (resized).jpg
20191119_160235_2 (resized).jpg
695270A5-0B3C-438F-B205-989AE45DF8DC (resized).jpeg
061AFF02-A8A9-46CF-818C-9E9DE382C07A (resized).jpeg
FB1ED3A0-176D-4341-A168-AE5F68DBB3C9 (resized).jpeg
CB741AE9-4530-4469-84A8-F6B268926AFA (resized).jpeg
1C1D91C0-25CF-443E-80CD-111FEC59222B (resized).jpeg
FF4BD7D8-3DC5-4490-8122-A91AC50FBEA2 (resized).jpeg
C22BDC1C-3D1B-40EA-B71B-BB7607D6A24E (resized).jpeg
08A0132F-D6D8-4124-B4EC-CC236E2FD073 (resized).jpeg
13B4DA5B-A0C5-47EB-BB02-839260DA344D (resized).jpeg
0B3E2675-0CE5-4E52-BD58-BD3CFF7AD08B (resized).jpeg
51443BD1-394F-4414-9BA1-81E53EC57581 (resized).jpeg
2B7FCECE-FAC9-4BB9-B0A5-79EE87ED921A (resized).jpeg
FBA96E3C-59DF-480F-A3E8-DE1163ED06CA (resized).jpeg
8A59F661-B0EF-420F-9F06-AFA731450348 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (16 days ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (15 days ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (11 days ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (5 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider netman63129.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#699 5 months ago

I joined the club! Ordered number #434 today. Supply is getting low. I spoke with KT and she confirmed that only 500 will ever be made plus a few for Alice's Charity but so far only one person has purchased that way. This should be quite collectible once words gets out about this great pinball. Expected delivery date around the September time-frame. I also asked if there have been any modifications to fix issues on the playfield and she said that only change is how some ramps are installed.

1 week later
#784 5 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

Hey all, does anyone know how I can restore my previously backed up high scores on ACNC? They all disappeared from the machine when I updated the code.

Unfortunately, you can't. You can back up your scores and configuration prior to updating. Then restore them after the update.

1 week later
#860 4 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Because of the glass rattle issue, I think I'm going to disconnect the internal sub and use an external one instead. What would be the proper way to hook up the external sub to this game? I don't want to damage any of the electronics. Should I disconnect the wires going from the amp to the internal sub, and instead run a separate set of wires to the speaker level input on my external sub, or is there a better/safer way to do it?

Normally I splice into the two wires connecting to the existing sub but since you are not going to use the internal sub, you can cut the two wires and connect them directly to the input for your new sub. I would recommend a powered sub with a built-in level control so you can adjust the bass level independently of the master volume. Recently Best Buy had nice 10" Polk sub-woofer on sale for $99 that is perfect. As a bonus you can connect two pins to the two inputs.

#906 4 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Can anyone else access the TWIP site? It's down for me.

Down for me as well

#930 4 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Posted some photos in my mod thread earlier. Will release these soon. Currently printing what may be the final version of the crypt (prototype here).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Add me to the list when ready

#975 4 months ago
Quoted from ChrisThePintern:

Not sure if this has been discussed in the thread but I haven’t really heard it discussed elsewhere:
Does ACNC have the best upper playfield in pinball?

TSPP is really good too

#981 4 months ago
Quoted from ChrisThePintern:

Agreed albeit TSPP is a bit simple in comparison.

Three targets, a loop, two flippers, a ramp and physical ball lock that is one of the most satisfying shots in pinball. Maybe not so simple

#993 4 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I find it simple play-wise since you're always trying to do the same thing. There's only one flow through it. AC has an impressive number of different goals up there. Imagine if the three drains functioned as mode shots!

Good point! With TSPP it is start the TV mode and then shoot for the couch. Hopefully Bowen adds more cool rules that involve the upper playfield.

I like the secret Dungeon shot. It would be cool if every room had a secret shot or series of shots like that. It would be fun to find them

#1002 4 months ago
Quoted from BobC:

Does the magnetic ball save also grab balls that have drained from the outlanes, and are rolling along the apron to the trough opening?
I thought I saw that in a youtube video but it seemed too good to be true.
Thanks!
BobC

Yes it does

2 weeks later
#1260 4 months ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

161 in the house![quoted image]

There is nothing worse than an owner with a "loose screw"

Quoted from gambit3113:

That latch shit was real? He sent his game back to Wisconsin over a coin door latch? 10 bucks says Charlie finds the son of a bitch in the back of the cabinet. Man, talk about a real cross nailing. Maybe get into Faberge Eggs or something less breaky and requiring of some basic know how and some spare parts.

I think he was all butthurt and his pride left him no alternative. Pride is not a virtue.

#1272 3 months ago

Many of the rooms seem to have collectible objects that may be used as weapons, aka Monster Bash. You can see them if you look closely. For example, The Parlor has guns, The Library has a cross, The Kitchen has poison, The Conservatory has a scissors, The Laboratory has dynamite. Hopefully these are coded in the next release.

I also like the hidden feature in the Dungeon. It would be cool if each room had a hidden feature, whereby a certain sequence of shots would reveal the secret, like a multi-ball, extra ball, 2x playfield, hold bonus, instant monster kill, or even a mystery monster

#1273 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That may have been a part of it and I did give him the benefit of doubt in the beginning. But I now believe he's the type of guy that goes looking for trouble and wanted to grandstand as a tough guy. I've seen that act before.
The accusation of Charlie being snarky is embarrassing and Mthirkell's response especially so.

Why not handle the problem via email or phone call? Why post the issue on pinside and immediately rip on quality control for a missing screw? That speaks volumes IMO.

#1275 3 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I thought they just released a big code polish loaded with goodies? Was under the impression the game is practically complete...

The game is completely playable as is but I personally wouldn't mind seeing some deeper code, maybe more modes and multi-balls. I think there are two now, Crypt and Frankenstein. It seems that more depth could be added to the rule set. Perhaps some easy modes for casual players and a video mode or two?

#1281 3 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I believe the weapons we placed into the rooms purposefully. If my memory isn't failing me, the initial brainstorming for the game was to have the game be a bit of a dungeon crawl. I'm unsure they are still a part of the current coding plans.

I have to believe that with all the games that Bowen has mastered, he has some great ideas to make the code deeper and provide long-term playability. I really like what he has done so far with the variety of monster modes and the subsequent rewards. I look forward to more

#1290 3 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Awesome, thanks Charlie! And when can we expect the new songs in the game, both Poison and I'm Eighteen? (Figure if I ask enough I may will it into existence)

Spooky can chime in but I don't believe that this game was ever intended to be an Alice Cooper Greatest Hits pin. The songs seem to be chosen that go best with the "Nightmare" theme of the game. I am always up for more music but I can't see how I'm Eighteen or School's Out would fit the theme? Poison...perhaps if you acquired the poison bottle from the kitchen and used it on the Insects

#1297 3 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm really like the game already, but since you keep mentioning it, what would be your ideal song selection? Below is mine, which is a bit more of a greatest hits. Sorry, those are the songs I know best. I could not think of a way to include School's Out, I'm Eighteen, or Under My Wheels. I did include his two biggest non-cover hits from Hollywood Vampires. I think Raise the Dead would have been perfect for Zombies. I did put Who's Laughting Now for the Tentacle Creature, but obviously that would be more idea for something like a Killer Clown.
Cold Ethyl (Replace Cold Ethyl with Bed of Nails)
Frankenstein (Feed My Frankenstein)
Igor (Replace Lost in America with Hey Stoopid)
Insects (Replace It’s the Little Things with Poison)
Tentacle Creature (Replace Go to Hell with Who’s Laughing Now)
Vampire (Replace Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever with Welcome to My Nightmare)
Wherewolf (No More Mr. Nice Guy)
Zombies (Replace Brutal Planet with Raise the Dead)
Wizard Mode (Billion Dollar Babies)

I agree with all of your choices with one exception, Disco Bloodbath, which I thought at first was a silly choice but everyone who plays the machine seems to love this song lol

#1350 3 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Award Lock 2 on Frankenstein
Extra Ball
Light Extra Ball
Virus mode similar to RZ
No Hold Flip-Torture MB
Hurry up
Tilt
Light Ball Save
Double Scoring

"Tilt" Next Player

I recall Bowen saying that the first Mystery is always supposed to be Advance to Monster so that casual players were more likely to get at least one monster during play.

3 months later
#2591 18 hours ago
Quoted from dnapac:

...except the magna save. Seemed strong, but shoots it backwards (down the ball trough instead of out in the playfield).

Mine did exactly the same thing. It was on setting 1 and I found that setting 3 completely reversed it to shoot straight up.

#2592 17 hours ago

I added a subwoofer today and wow, what a huge difference, the most of any of my pins. Totally changes the dynamics of the game. Highly recommended!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,450.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Round Lake, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 59.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider netman63129.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside