(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Good news is the 80s are coming soon !

zzzzz-11-11_ent_36092714_I1 (resized).JPGzzzzz-11-11_ent_36092714_I1 (resized).JPG
#580 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Let’s see if anyone else is having the same problem I am. When I hit a hard shot up the right ramp the ball hits the rubber ring at the top and comes back while the one way gate is still up. A reject. It has to be a perfect shot up the ramp to do this. I’ve tried bending the gate a little to make it a tighter squeeze to get through but it is still happening. Anyone else?

The silicone rubber on the other side of the gate is too bouncy and the recoil too fast. Replace it with a black standard rubber to deaden it.

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

It's pinball, so I'll just say "soon" and not get myself in trouble!

Pinsider A to Pinsider B: "Charlie said new code is coming soon".
Pinsider B to Pinsider C: "Charlie said new code coming at noon".

2 weeks later
#652 4 years ago

One word - Beer

#673 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

After finally adjusting my shooter lane coil to ensure that it is firing the ball straight (as far as I can see), the ball still sometimes 'rattles' and stalls just at the end of the metal launch as it goes into the right orbit (under the upper PF castle wall). The ball even occasionally bounces up onto the wood ball guide and gets stuck there.

Have you checked the alinement between the shooter rod tip and where it strikes the ball when resting in the lane? Too low or too high or even left or right of center would cause what you are describing. I guess I'm a bit confused with your description use of the coil.

1 week later
#761 4 years ago

New code comes out and my game will arrive in another hour or so. - I must be doing something right.

2 weeks later
#943 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I'm in the ACNC fan club thread, so I expect support for the game, but does anyone else feel this way?

Yeah, it's been covered several times already. Ad nauseam in fact and I wholly disagree with the Houdini comparison.
You might want to begin reading here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk

1 week later
#1070 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Well today was great. Acnc tournament for the Nebraska League's in Lincoln, and Omaha. Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle #18 got a great showing and event. The Backdrop hid the hallway to the game. When it was time for someone to play. They had to walk thru Frank and Alice to get to the game. After they played they got a photo op with both. Notice Alice's shirt.. Hehe. Then don't forget the cookie! Magicchiz[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is awesome.

#1088 4 years ago

Dude, you were pretty freaking irritating several months ago with your spamming the thread with Alice pictures. And judging by all of the down votes you got, I wasn't the only one who thought that.... But with your fantastic topper, game room pics and most importantly, your helpfulness to everyone, you have become one of my favorite Pinsiders.

Carry on my friend. I hope some of the other people notice as well.

#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I just unboxed #146 and there’s no latch on the coin door lock!!! I can’t even play it! Is this a joke? Am I missing something? Would this ever happen in a Stern game??[quoted image]

Did you check inside the cabinet where it likely fell off during shipping?

Quoted from mthirkell:

Would this ever happen in a Stern game??

Yes and more.

#1134 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I found the screw and it was stripped beyond belief. No latch. No standards.[quoted image]

Is there someone in the Pittsburgh area that would be willing to take a newbie under their wing? If so, send him a friendly PM and maybe make a new friend.

#1144 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

One more time, the screw is basically destroyed. How does that happen, exactly? Like I said, reading all these problems with this game and having had so many problems with Spooky games in the past has me mad at my decision to go back to the well.

No disrespect but you're being petty, overly dramatic and unreasonable. I would suggest you stick with buying used machines from people who have already fixed the NIB issues. And that would include all manufactures, not just Spooky. Otherwise I don't think this hobby is for you.

FYI: Those are the same coin doors and assembly's that come with Stern games, JJP, American and most any video or arcade machine.

#1156 4 years ago

Wow. Over a coin door latch....

#1165 4 years ago

True story. Several years ago, there was an aftermarket vendor (LED's I think) that had issued a refund to a dissatisfied customer, no questions asked. But the vendor forgot to include the tax amount in the refund. Easy mistake right?

The customer began a bad seller thread. The tax amount was for $1.12 or something like that.

LOL. Pinside chewed his ass up in the thread and spit him out. And rightfully so. - How embarrassing to witness another episode.

#1170 4 years ago

I just unboxed my game and there is packing foam on the glass!!! I can’t even play it! Is this a joke? Would this ever happen in a Stern game??
zzSPooky20190718_125143 (resized).jpgzzSPooky20190718_125143 (resized).jpg

#1186 4 years ago

Is your latch broken?

#1264 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I think he was all butthurt and his pride left him no alternative.

That may have been a part of it and I did give him the benefit of doubt in the beginning. But I now believe he's the type of guy that goes looking for trouble and wanted to grandstand as a tough guy. I've seen that act before.

The screen shot of quotes I'm posting summarizes for me the story of two completely different people and what happened here. The accusation of Charlie being snarky is embarrassing and Mthirkell's response especially so.

I know which man I'll help and do business with on any level and which one I will avoid at all cost.
zzzzSpooky (resized).pngzzzzSpooky (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.00
$ 300.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.