(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2709 4 years ago

Joined the club today. Emailed Spooky to see if they sell the art blades since mine doesn't have any. Are any blades being made for ACNC or any mirror blades available to fit Spooky pins?

#2747 4 years ago

Only have had the game a few days and having crypt issues frequently. I read that pitch may be the issue with the balls getting stuck in there and the ball search is not clearing them out. I lowered the pitch to 6.3 and not helping. Is there a recommended pitch to use? The first drop target won't lower in test with a ball or two behind it.

#2751 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Only have had the game a few days and having crypt issues frequently. I read that pitch may be the issue with the balls getting stuck in there and the ball search is not clearing them out. I lowered the pitch to 6.3 and not helping. Is there a recommended pitch to use? The first drop target won't lower in test with a ball or two behind it.

Found the issue. The coil that drops the drop target was out of wack. Metal tab that keeps the swing arm close enough was bent out to far.

#2780 4 years ago

The metal tab on the first crypt target drop solenoid keeps bending out of wack, has happened twice first week owning it. Maybe the spring is too strong and needs to be stretched out? Also my game resets after two complete games like clockwork, I'm guessing the next code update is the fix for this?

20191207_150105 (resized).jpg20191207_150105 (resized).jpg
#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, I discovered this before as well. They say there's a stronger part available, on mine I just weakened the spring slightly, which seemed to help.

They're apparently working on it.

Okay thanks for the feedback.

1 week later
#2960 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

To everyone having issues with their game, I would urge you to email Spooky and get support through them. I'm not saying ask here, but they are very good at answering email and chances are they know what is going on.
As for the crypt lock, I believe that it is an optical sensor as well as a drop target so I would check the switch menu to make sure it isn't triggering on it's own.

I think most of us are waiting on the code update to fix most of these issues. I have only had my game for a couple of weeks and it's frustrating so I can't imagine being one of the first to get the game a year ago and still be dealing with some of these bugs and the memory leak problem. My first Spooky game so trying to be patient because when when it's firing on all cylinders it's an awesome game.

#2965 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I thought there was a work around for the ACNC memory leak - reboot every so many games. This clears the memory and gets you playing again.

Yes a work around but still an issue that needs fixed.

#3002 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Mine Always goes to right flipper.

Same here.

#3030 4 years ago

Trying to figure out if my game is a butter cabinet. The guy I bought it from said it had pretty much every option. Can anyone tell from these pics?

20191221_201946 (resized).jpg20191221_201946 (resized).jpg20191221_202024 (resized).jpg20191221_202024 (resized).jpg
#3033 4 years ago
Quoted from brett:

It hard to tell by your pictures. If it is a butter cabinet, it’ll be so much shinier and clear than any other pin you have. It’ll look like you cleared coated it with a high gloss.

It has a gloss to it and can see the reflection of my tetris rug in the first picture. Just not sure if the standard decals have any gloss to them either.

#3036 4 years ago

It looks damn sexy either way, such a beautiful pin.

#3039 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Check the back edge and cabinet head. If it has decals they will be easy to see up close.

Thanks, will check it out.

#3040 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I hope you didn't pay the extra cash before verifying this? This was a $1000.00 upgrade!

I got it for what second hand ACNC go for without butter add on, no worries!!!

#3043 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You can also just send Spooky an email, give them your game number and see what they have on record.

Good idea, might do just that.

#3046 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I’m seeing a subtly textured surface that is in the reflection of the pixelated rug on the left side of the cabinet. This is similar to how the reflections appear on my non-butter TNA. Butter finish has a glass smooth feel to it with no hint of any slight “orange peel” surface. Anyway, I think this is a regular cabinet. Doesn’t matter, it’s still wonderful art exceedingly well done; you got an awesome game.

Yeah I think it's just a standard cab, doesn't have any more gloss than one of my Stern's decals.

#3048 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If you bought the game form someone who spent $1,000 on an upgrade, I'd think he would disclose that specifically to you.

You would think that but from the short time I talked to him it sounded like he had quite a collection and could easily lose track of what option he ordered on what game. If I had seen a butter cab in person before there wouldn't be any guessing on my part, the art looks great either way.

#3087 4 years ago

So I frequently have lab lock 2 and sometimes lab lock 1 not registering. Is this a known bug or an adjustment I need to make on my part? Ball search will clear lab lock 1 but Frank doesn't raise high enough to clear lab lock 2 during game.

#3089 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’d bet mechanical vs code. Mine took some adjustment, but works 99% now.

Adjusted my Frank switches and I think I'm good now, thanks.

#3091 4 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

The thing we haven't been able to figure out yet is, we're now getting 2 balls loaded into the shooter occasionally (about once every 6-8 balls). Doesn't seem to hurt anything, it's kind of like a "free" multiball. I've noticed a few others with this issue, but any concrete leads on how to fix it (in terms a newbie can understand)?

I think it's a bug that will be addressed when the code update comes out, happens on mine about the same frequency.

#3098 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I've covered this on previous pages.
It appears that Frank intermittently does not always raise up all the way (regardless of the servo settings) in non beta code. That was the reason I installed the beta code, and it did resolve this problem. Also, watch the Spooky video on adjusting the crypt drop target (opto not detecting ball in crypt lock). https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=AQqRUonIkxs&feature=emb_logo
** Go to YouTube and watch all the Spooky company videos on ACNC. **
https://www.youtube.com/user/SpookyPinball/videos

Solved my issue a few posts ago but thanks for the info.

#3099 4 years ago

Couple of suggestions for Spooky on audio. Igor and Pit creature are lacking any monster noises when you find them and all of the monsters need some audio cue that frenzy mode has started.

#3102 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I hope the upcoming software update perfects and/or adds some call outs. There's quite a few moments where Alice blurts out the same thing in repetition... or a bunch of seemingly unrelated call outs are stacked one on top of another. It's those moments where the game kind of takes on a homebrew feel, rather than a manufactured machine appeal. I think I've become more sensitive to this over the months.

Yeah hearing "Your a regular ghost buster aren't you" after crypt multi ball every time gets stale. I think this has been suggested before but the mystery shot has no mystery to it when it's start monster mode the first time every time.

#3107 4 years ago
Quoted from GvikenL:

Take your unit off easy mode and it will be a mystery.

It's on "school's out" setting which I'm pretty sure is default.

#3156 4 years ago

Dear Spooky,

You have a good to great game as it stands. With some polish this can be a masterpiece and needs not to be forgotten about. It feels like a Bally/Williams but has the capability to be coded as complex as the modern Sterns. I feel this is the best upper play field ever made. Don't let Rick and Morty steal all the focus from Bowen and remind him this is his trademark into creating the Spooky Pinball legend.

#3161 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

How so? I'm curious as ACNC has a very unique vibe for me. Not really evocative of a Bally/Williams game at all.

Definitely unique and different than Stern. Probably the build quality/weight of the game is what reminds me of a B/W. Maybe not the best comparison since I was six beers in when I wrote that lol.

#3283 4 years ago

Got my magnet ball save working most of the time but sometimes when it doesn't work the ball save doesn't flash at all and I lose the ball. Does this happen to anyone else?

#3285 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Never, if I’ve successfully spelled “SAVE”. If it drops down the trough, it always gives me another. Get the plastic disc to go above the magnet...it will solve most problems with the magnet.

I'm happy with the performance of the magnet, just need it to give me the ball back if it the magnet fails to work correctly some of the time. When the magnet fails to work the ball save should flash momentarily when the ball drains but it doesn't always do that. I just had the best game so far and beat my high score but I tilted on last ball, game just ended and wouldn't let me enter a GC score.....uggggghhhhh. I love this game and hope spooky sees it through to the end working the bugs out of it.

#3287 4 years ago

I'm on code version 1.0.7.1, is that a beta version? Should I be on 1.0.7.0 or a different beta version? I bought this from another collector so not up to speed on how many beta versions are out there.

#3327 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Does anyone have their volume turned up past 5? This thing’s louder than a Who concert.

Iv'e had it up to 16 with an external sub hooked up. Music, sounds and call outs are half the enjoyment to me when I play.

#3329 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Your neighbors must hate you!

Only on nights where the beer is flowing haha, every beer in it gets louder .

#3349 4 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

Not sure if anyone’s already put this out there but what’s your best score on Cooper 3 ball regular difficulty? Here’s mine[quoted image]

Highest Iv'e gotten is 289,000 but tilted on last ball and game never let me put in GC score.

2 weeks later
#3546 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Any one know when this weekend This code will drop? So stoked!!

Nothing was promised from Spooky formally, an email conversation was hinting to a possibility this weekend.

1 week later
#3684 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I had forgotten I did this until last night. I stretched my springs out slightly back when you posted this.
An update: It worked. I haven't had stuck/bad drops since then.

Same here, has worked fine on mine after the spring stretching.

#3837 4 years ago

Having trouble putting new code on. When I download the update am I supposed to open it with a zip program or just put it on usb stick as is? The two zip programs I tried to open it with failed to do so I put it on usb stick as is, game acts like its going to install it for a short time but then boots the old code.

#3840 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Did you format USB to 32 fat and delete any files on USB before copying new code onto USB. I just download and copy to USB didn’t need to unzip first like with Stern code. Hope this helps

Yep formatted usb first.

#3842 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It is a *.pkg file, not a *.zip file. Do not try to open it up. Just copy the whole thing, making sure it's named "ac-gamecode.pkg" in the rood of your drive, and then turn the game on.

Okay will try it again without opening with a specific program.

#3843 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It is a *.pkg file, not a *.zip file. Do not try to open it up. Just copy the whole thing, making sure it's named "ac-gamecode.pkg" in the rood of your drive, and then turn the game on.

Downloaded without opening in a program, has the correct name and still not working. I will try a different usb when I find one. I have beta code 1.0.7.1 installed, does it matter what previous code is installed?

#3846 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

People make this harder than it is.

I've updated plenty of pins but this is my first Spooky. Have done it the suggested way and is not working, next step is to try a different usb.

#3850 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Make sure no other files are on USB.
Only the update file.

Yep, when you format the usb it wipes it clean of any other files.

#3857 4 years ago

Tried a different usb stick for the update and success!!! Thanks to all who offered advice.

#3917 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Been looking for one of these and saw one went for 4700. Talked to the original owner and he trashed the game. He just wanted it gone but didnt give any details. Is there some quality issues or something? The times I have played it I like it.

Owner was pretty foolish to let it go for that low. Memory leak issue is solved, most of the bugs worked out, code still being polished. Not an easy game so some probably get frustrated. Only one I saw for sale below $6K on Pinside was routed.

1 week later
#4003 4 years ago

I replaced my silicone flipper rubbers with regular rubber and wow I actually have some control instead of an extreme bounce fest. I noticed all my ramp posts were loose also so just a heads up for others.

#4007 4 years ago

Got 7 out of 9 monster modes started but most completed, best score to date!!!

20200218_224519_HDR (resized).jpg20200218_224519_HDR (resized).jpg
#4009 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Nice! Beat my best by 6 million. Also had 7 of 9. WTG

Thanks!!! Been playing like crap lately and feels good to have a good game again.

1 week later
#4097 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

How many times must you zap Frank to officially defeat him? I've done both ramps a bunch of times and then zapped him with the center target a bunch but not getting the official kill. How do you kill him and how does the scoring work?

It's takes three ramps but if you make it up halfway on a ramp it will count also.

2 months later
#4470 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

How is there not a call out when you achieve a multiplier?!

Maybe when they get all the bugs worked out they can focus on the rest. Great game but moved on from it when code update came out and it still had many bugs left.

1 year later
#6779 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Have a line on a Alice
It’s mint like right out of the box very low play
This game is number one for us right now
It’s prices in the high 8s
Is this fair value?
Not trolling I want a one owner low play copy just never thought it would be that much
Thanks

Here's a cheaper one but second owner and no shipping. Not many made and it's a great game, some collectors specifically seek out music or horror pins and this has both. Looks like last three or four sold in the 8k range or higher.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-alice-cooper-s-nightmare-castle-68

#6812 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Ugh
I reset the trough on this game
Turned it back on and now all I get is tge spooky screen and connekt o vision screen repeating over and over
Can’t get into menus nothing

What do you mean by "reset the trough"? I would check/re-seat all connections on boards in backbox, check for any blown fuses also.

#6827 2 years ago

Does anyone else have the issue with the game not knowing what to do when you have a ball in the crypt and the current ball goes into crypt from upper playfield? The ball search eventually clears it out but it doesn't cycle the crypt drop target until the fourth or fifth attempt.

1 month later
#6949 2 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Help, can anyone take a pic of the upper playfield flipper solenoid from under the game so I can see what wires go where. The two single wires both broke off at the same time and when soldered back where it looks like they go I keep blowing bottom rt flipper fuse.
Thanks if anyone can help. I did search all 16 pages of pics to see if some one already had one.

Here you go.

20220113_133403 (resized).jpg20220113_133403 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.