(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#259 5 years ago

It's the journey not the destination. Many of us like to see gameplay from different sources.

Quoted from greenhornet:

in his two recorded appearances at TPF, bowen arguably showed you everything ACNC has to offer at this time. 9 monster modes [each followed by its own 30 second frenzy/victory scoring session, followed by a pot shot at the hurry up target], an in-progress wizard mode, and two multiballs. for now, there is nothing more to see. what exactly do you hope to garner from additional gameplay videos?
[quoted image]

2 weeks later
#393 5 years ago

yes, they are just files but you have to know where they are stored. It would probably void your warranty

Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Is it possible to change out music tracks with the PROC system?

2 weeks later
#575 4 years ago

Earlier in the thread someone put together a spotify playlist of the 10 songs.
https://open.spotify.com/user/joelreeves/playlist/6pU2XNBKwqJFtKSfJyXZ6q?si=XmYcr9BoSga_UfmNevPqUA

Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Is there a complete list of all of the songs that are used in the game even if for a small sample sound effect?

1 month later
#947 4 years ago

http://tiltforums.com/t/alice-cooper-nightmare-castle-rulesheet/3950

(not sure if the latest updates are in there but its a good start)

Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Anyone have a rules sheet?

2 months later
#1654 4 years ago

I doubt its the same power supply in ACNC/TNA vs AMH and Rob Zombie. ACNC/TNA use the p3roc, driver boards, pdled boards, etc vs AMH/Rob Zombie using the BH all in one board.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I have a favor to ask any ACNC owner. I'm making a custom Plug n Play quiet fan kit (correct connector, custom wire length) for Spooky machines like the one I did for Spike machines and need confirmation of the Meanwell power supply in the ACNC machine (basically that it's still the same as (AMH, TNA, Rob Zombie). Can someone have a look and verify the model number of the power supply in the back of the cabinet bottom?
The Spike PnP Fan thread is where I'm posting updates while I complete thermal testing, etc. It's here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans/page/7#post-5191594
Thanks in advance!

#1656 4 years ago

Interesting. so all 4 games use the same Meanwell SE-600-48?

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

It's the same supply. Meanwell SE-600-48.
--Scott

1 month later
#1972 4 years ago

Great score RD! Can you export the logs like some other games to send to spooky to give them info to fix the game code?
Is that an option with acnc?

Quoted from rotordave:

550m when Billion Dollar Babies started. Not too bad!
Then my “trial edition” code crashed. Haha!
This is a perk of being a bug finder for you other owners out there. lol! My tears will benefit you all.
rd

#2019 4 years ago

You-tube has programs running that check for copyrighted music and mute the videos when found and give you a nag message. You can try Vimeo instead. I;ve had success recording pinball sessions and uploading to vimeo.

Quoted from zacaj:

Does anyone know about some of the videos getting blocked due to the music? I wanted to make a tutorial video myself, but worried it'd just get muted or taken down. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the music either. And I don't think there's any way to access the music files directly to just replace them? I see there's an active SSH port on the ethernet but don't know the password

#2121 4 years ago

Maybe you can describe what’s not done in the game to help the programmer

Quoted from flashburn:

Honestly if that's true that's extremely disappointing. It's been four months since the last update and the game still feels far from done.

1 week later
#2321 4 years ago

Does the service mode coil test menu identify the driver/connector? Support would be able to tell you right away to complete your chart.

Quoted from Coyote:

So I spent the better part of the day doing this, hopefully it can help some of ya'll when needed. I was tracking down the issue with my Upper Playfield drop target (which, by the way, looks like an issue on my driver board), and in order to do that, I had to know what wires I was looking for. So, I tried to map everything and record it down. Take it with a grain of salt - some of the wire colors are hard to make out. I had a heck of a time with the Orange ones.
Edit to add: I also did this to help me learn the PRoc system, which - admittedly - is ENTIRELY new to me. Knowing how stuff works makes it a LOT easier to debug when something goes wrong.
Until we have a manual, if you have any corrections, PLEASE let me know!
[quoted image]

#2323 4 years ago

I'd email support. The board connections are in the yaml files so it wouldn't be hard for them to get you a list.

Quoted from Coyote:

No. Sadly, the Coil Test needs a (lot) of work:
When you select a coil, you hit Start to 'run' the test. Currently, the test fires the coil only once. If you want to fire the coil again, you need to hit Start a again (to stop the test) and then a third time to restart the test, where the coil fires once.
Really hard to hold a multimeter in places when you need a fifth hand to hit the start button.

2 weeks later
#2607 4 years ago

For mods. If you aren't adding any power requiring mods, you don't need it.

Quoted from Halfwasted:

Why would someone get the addition P-roc power supply on pinball life?
I am getting the topper with my game, would I need this additional power source, or will I be good with the stock power source?

4 weeks later
#2962 4 years ago

I thought there was a work around for the ACNC memory leak - reboot every so many games. This clears the memory and gets you playing again.

Quoted from manadams:

I think most of us are waiting on the code update to fix most of these issues. I have only had my game for a couple of weeks and it's frustrating so I can't imagine being one of the first to get the game a year ago and still be dealing with some of these bugs and the memory leak problem. My first Spooky game so trying to be patient because when when it's firing on all cylinders it's an awesome game.

#2992 4 years ago

Thats good info for the programmer. Perhaps he can walk back the changes from the new release and see where the trouble started.

Quoted from aeneas:

As my scoop often shoots sdtm I like the ballsave..
About the reset issue, I am on 1.0.7.0 and never had a reboot..

1 month later
#3512 4 years ago

At some point soon he will have to start working on spookys next game. It takes a while to code a game.

Quoted from Jackalwere:

Don't understand why this would have to be the last update. Fawzma is not on R&M so he can still work on stuff...

#3592 4 years ago

The board receives power from the 48v power supply then:
"Supplies up to 3 amps of current safely at 12 volts and 1/2 amp at 5 volts"

Quoted from dnapac:

This would be the second option. That said, I don’t think it supplies any additional power. You still run the risk of over doing the amount of power given and burn things out.

2 months later
#4300 4 years ago

Perhaps the timer was for frenzy and independent of the other modes. Traditionally, a MB will end when ballsave is off and 1 ball remains in play. Then the game ball will end when no balls remain in play. Frenzy would end when the timer reached 0 or game ball ends which it apparently did. Sounds normal to me.

Quoted from JustEverett:

Another thing that seemed buggy to me last night was playing Pit Creature, combined it with crypt, played to the frenzy portion with two ball still going, one drained during the frenzy with 10 seconds or so left, but never came back. It ended crypt MB, then I drained the other with time still left on the frenzy and it ended the ball. Shouldn't both balls keep coming back during the frenzy?

1 month later
#4543 3 years ago

Try the update again. you crashed down to the OS layer.

Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Hmm now the games gi lights on the playing field is one but completely dead everywhere else. Does seem normal or should I just power off again?
[quoted image]

1 week later
#4721 3 years ago

1366x768 pixels

Quoted from dnaman:

Who knows what the resolution of the display is?

4 months later
#5276 3 years ago

Licensors would never go for that so you'll never see that on any game.
If you want to make a custom game the framework is available for you to go crazy on your ideas.

Quoted from joetechbob:

I wish they could find a model where the code could be open sourced. Or even a private repo in which to selectively let folks in to contribute/play...

5 months later
#6205 3 years ago

yep and the filename should be ac-gamecode.pkg. try that!

Quoted from DrBernd:

That‘s normal. You should clear the usb and try again from the beginning.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.