(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joetechbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

missed opportunity to not make the "RIP SCOTT!" sticker a gravestone, though.

That would be a killer detail to add

1 week later
#277 5 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I emailed playfield protectors about making one. I'm hoping they will do it before I get mine. I would love to have the non-mylar protector over the whole playfield. One of our local operators uses them on location, and they are great for preventing wear.

Did they give you an ETA? Would like one too.

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Frank said it would take a couple months. Also I think they have to have a scan of a stripped playfield to manufacture one. I'll see what he says, and let everyone know. May reach out to Charlie about getting them what they need to create the protector.

Cool, thanks. Maybe Charlie can send over the pfs’ cad drawings.

Anyone notice any areas that should have cliffies? Might be good to get that ball rolling too.

I’m #85, but maybe I can do something custom in the meantime.

1 month later
#606 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Anybody know what number has recently been delivered? Are we up to 100 yet?

#85 was ready for shipment on the 14th

2 weeks later
#734 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I have it there now, none of my other games bounce the ball when I try to cradle it. Any other suggestions, all my other games are at 6.5 but when I set Alice to 6.5 it makes all the shots on the upper play field wonky.

I settled in at around 6.25 as I found that allowed for back handing the left ramp and gave me a bit more control in general, especially on the upper pf. I also juiced up the flipper power to my liking (in particular the upper pf flipper).

P.S. I toyed with a variety of angles from ~6.0 to ~7.5.

#747 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

While Fawzma is on a much needed family time break, we're going to just put this NEW CODE LINK ON PINSIDE!!!! There are some really cool features (like, CO-OP!) some blinky cool light shows that are a major upgrade, PLUS A TON MORE GOODNESS like this: Notice there are now 2 lights blinking on that upper playfield to make feeding your Frankenstein a little easier.
Fawzma will put the "what's new" up on our website (which is under new development right now) later today... but for now, grab some friends, and try to beat the monsters in that spooky castle together. Maybe you'll all end up as Billion Dollar Babies?!? Mmmmwwwwwahahahaaa!!!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jX87krdLAcV9Hd-A1tFDkKM0Zkni-Uzj

Hot damn where’s my thumb drive

#758 4 years ago

Cu-ooooooode’s out. for. summ-er.

Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

Working great so far, thanks for the update!

2 weeks later
#988 4 years ago

I have a shaker. In the current code revision, I would consider it a nice-to-have, non-critical, add on. But that may change in future revisions.

(As a comparison, I would 100% recommend a shaker in TNA)

10 months later
#4529 3 years ago

Hot damn. My son and I have been eagerly awaiting this!

#4655 3 years ago
Quoted from chill:

I love this Alice Fly smashing stuff!
Right up there with Stretch Points in the dungeon.
Keep it comin’, Spooky.

I wish the timer was a smidge longer on the fly. But am also loving the hell out of details like this and stretch points making each room a mini mode. Would be awesome if a bigger set of the non orbit shots did something unique in each room. So even if you suck like me there’s almost always something cool happening.

#4702 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Honestly, I feel like as is with the weird auto difficulty making the rooms inaccessible the code is a downgrade from previous. Lots of potential showing, but nothing is really there yet. Not to mention how all the items seem to do a similar thing (give you some free starting progress). Was very disappointed to see that both the zombie items are completely identical in function. No point in choosing which to go for at all.
Light shows are nice, and I really appreciate that we can finally see the hurry up value, but the rules themselves have just gotten weirdly lopsided

I agree that it would be nice if you had the option to always explore the entire castle.

After having some time to play and digest the items addition, I concluded that I think the items are cool and if nothing else make for a fun side quest. But it would be more fun (to me at least) if they were always all available, independently from the selected monster, and you could just accumulate them on passes through the castle. Then I would have the freedom to sequence the monsters and the collection of items in whichever order I choose. Or, even if I want to try to play a round where I don't care so much about the monsters per se, but want to try to collect as many of the items as possible. Sort of like Medieval Madness where some games I just want to screw around and destroy castles, where others I'm trying to work to Royal Madness...Or others where I'm super serious and trying to Battle for the Kingdom. Just fun to have varied paths/options. (Note: I'm not a tournament player and tend to enjoy achieving objectives more than points, though achieved objectives often tend to net a lot of points

And perhaps, to your point, that would open up options for having different items work in different ways on different monsters. So maybe you could select which item you want to use while fighting the monster. Or maybe even combine them for different effects, etc. (Or maybe I just played too much Monkey Island when I was younger...)

Also, always using the vampire shot feels a little bit repetitive. I like that it's the upper playfield (as it's the GOAT IMHO), but I wish the item shot varied a bit up there. And if multiple items were in each room (due to always being available), it would make sense to map each one to their own shot(s)...Or maybe even combos, or roving shots, or...Maybe a shot to select which item you want to grab (assuming multiple items per room) and then a varying shot to collect it?

#4708 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

to think about which of those items you'd prefer, and take a different route depending. So many other effects they could have too... Maybe one makes your hurry up bigger, or lets you collect it repeatedly, or makes the shots easier. Extend the frenzy, extend the ball save, maybe even an add a ball similar to Hobbit's modes, etc. Tons of possibilities beyond just free monster progress
Alternately, some items could be applicable to every monster (such as double frenzy scoring maybe), but once you had that item, you'd want to specifically go for a monster that has a valuable frenzy (like Zombie)

That would be cool

4 months later
#5273 3 years ago

Two NIB for me so far*: 1) TNA (100s #), 0 issues, ever; 2) ACNC (80s #), 1 bad servo fresh out of box (guillotine) but 100% since, no magnet issues, nothing.

*Waiting patiently on R&M

#5275 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

.. but I can still agree the updates and info have been lacking

I wish they could find a model where the code could be open sourced. Or even a private repo in which to selectively let folks in to contribute/play...

#5277 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Licensors would never go for that so you'll never see that on any game.
If you want to make a custom game the framework is available for you to go crazy on your ideas.

Yes, incremental improvements are the same as re-writing the game from scratch.

5 months later
#6165 3 years ago

I’m really digging it. Makes a surprisingly big impact as before I ended up ignoring weapons as it was too much effort to memorize the monster/room sequence.

Haven’t personally noticed any new gameplay bugs. But my machine still locks up after sitting for maybe 4-8 hours.

1 week later
#6239 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So does Spooky only do really limited runs, then they move on to the next game? I have no interest in Ricky & Morty but definitely in some of the previous games

TNA can/will be re-run. All other ‘in-house’ titles were limited and won’t be re-run.

2 weeks later
#6292 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, that’s my pet hate!
And also “Craig”
How does that become CREEG?
Daniel CREEG? Wtf!
It’s Daniel Craaaaaaig. Cray-g.
rd

Who the hell pronounces it 'creeg'? Got me on solder. But let's talk about 'aluminium' instead...

#6306 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Given your purchase to do over again, would you still buy ACNC? I'm looking to get one this weekend. I've really wanted to pick one up for some time now. Had to drop my pre-order spot years ago due to financial issues. Looking for some validation.

Yes. Great game. In my opinion it's better than R&M and TNA which I also owned.

1 month later
#6378 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The Alice upper playfield is solid for sure, but for the same reason why Alice is a good change of pace game, the Mando upper is a nice change of pace upper playfield. Short and sweet like the shadow. So when you do manage to be up there for a while, it feels great (hopefully).

I have to admit, Chuck is an upper pf genious and I hope that comes to bear fruit in Spooky's next game. (IMO ACNC has the best upper pf ever, and it's not even close.)

Mando upper pf didn't look very interesting to me, but will have to reserve judgement until I get my hands on it.

1 month later
#6487 2 years ago

Huh. How many games have you guys played?! Mine still looks brand new.

#6500 2 years ago

Inspect for damage and refuse shipment on anything major. I usually give the delivery guy a tip and ask him to give me a couple of minutes. Spooky boxes (on 3 games I've received at least) are more like lids--cut a strap and pull box straight up to reveal wrapped game. Then inspect away.

4 months later
#6839 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

Hello all, I've gotten a request to print some more of these Speaker Panel / Coin door decals. Message me and let me know if you want a set - when I get 10 interested people, I'll print another batch! Cost would be $60, including shipping.[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it a magnet or proper decal?

1 month later
#6929 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Another new owner question... I've noticed that coming down the right ramp, the ball rarely travels through the spiral cleanly. It often just clanks off the side and drops. Is there any little adjustment that can be made to make this more consistent?

Mine works 100%, never had to adjust it. Maybe check level/pitch.

2 weeks later
#6968 2 years ago

Where are you getting replacement bushings?

4 weeks later
#7008 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Nightmare Castle Pinball topper

Is this game interactive? Eg tied in with active monsters etc?

3 months later
#7184 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ve owned both. Buy both. EHOH is an easy shooter but a deep game. ACNC is tough shooter and extremely rewarding. If you can only buy one I’d go for ACNC but only if you LOVE a challenge

I own both. Ehoh is the better game. acnc is really special too, and harder to come by. Would probably buy acnc first.

1 month later
#7308 1 year ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

I'd be willing to chip in money for a 3rd party to re-write the code, personally. I mean, what is another grand at this point and I've spend a grand on toys for the machine already. Even if we got 20 people out of the 500 that would like some more improvements and toys in the code, 20k should buy a fair amount of programming time IMO.
But I am guessing lots of people are fine where it is so maybe we make our own club?

I would chip in to continue to evolve the code/fix bugs (wish there was more fun little stuff to do in the rooms, etc), but I honestly already enjoy it the way it is. Wouldn't want a re-write.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 300.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joetechbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=joetechbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.