(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2822 4 years ago

I’m thinking about joining the club and have only played this a couple of times. I have two questions for the owners

1) is this relatively young kid friendly?

2) how is the quality? I heard these can be plagued with issues

I know you all probably love it but please let me know your thoughts

#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

1. Personally, I would think it would depend more on the parent OF the kid than the kid. There's no swearing (as far as I've heard yet) and the artwork is clean, if spooky. Some of the song lyrics could be taken the wrong way, and I think that's the worst of it.

Thanks, we are not over protective and I let them see the playfield and art. They seemed good with it. I just get nervous on any crazy adult language or images. This art is more cartoonish fun

#2836 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

One of the deals Alice made with Spooky was there would be no profanity in the game.

Nice, that’s good to know

#2837 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Kid friendly is so subjective... but this pin seems fairly tame

Yep, I’m was more worried about the language because I couldn’t hear it when I played it. Sounds like it’s not an issue

#2849 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I’ve had 0 issues with mine and I run a tight ship! I think we have a mutual friend in MI (PinKitten). Its better quality than any Stern I’ve played recently and I would say kid-friendly; where as my Luci and Met are not (insults are turned on).
Feel free to reach out if you have other questions and I’ll get you what you need!

Yep, I know Pinkitten very well.

Thanks, we have a Lucy and it’s my daughters favorite pin because of the music.

I just put a deposit on acnc and will have it during the holiday break! Time to sell my nice baywatch to make room!

Thanks everyone else for your comments!

#2860 4 years ago

I’m getting acnc tomorrow. I’m sure there is a list of mods in this thread but is there any must haves? I want to order them today

Thanks in advance!

#2864 4 years ago

I got my acnc and we love it. My only question is around the shaking. I don’t think it has a shaker motor but the bass from the giant speaker rattles the hell out of it. Assuming it is the bass, how do I turn that down?

#2866 4 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Check back a couple of pages ago, this was a topic on here. But basically lift your playfield, halfway in the box is a treble / bass tuner. Take it easy in adjustments. Once you know where it is and the knob layout you might be able to reach in from the coindoor to make additional adjustments.

Thank you!

#2867 4 years ago

Is that speaker and amp standard on acnc? If so, is it standard on all spooky pins?

#2869 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yes. At least on TNA too. No sure about pins before that.

Nice, it’s my first spooky pin and we are loving it!

#2871 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Don’t adjust output... get some anti-rattle tape!

Does anti rattle tape go around the glass? Do you have pics?

#2874 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It goes around the edge of the glass, longways. When the glass is in the game, you can see it. I put on 2 layers... all rattle is gone.
https://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

Cool thanks!

#2876 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate the mention and feedback. Thank you!
While it's hard to say mods are a "must-have," for my game, the habitrail arch was necessary to prevent some balls hopping the rail (not an issue for everyone).
The Crypt, Volcano, and Secret Passage sign are perhaps the best value options, and are in ~10%+ of all Alice games currently. Crypt adds the most to the game IMO, covering an otherwise empty and less attractive area without inhibiting any relevant visibility (also shining a light on the locked crypt ball below).
Links below to all of the mods I currently offer. Any interest is appreciated.
Crypt and Secret Passage sign: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02702-alice-cooper-secret-passage-sign-and-crypt-mods-acnc-
Volcano and Lab: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02747-acnc-36-led-fire-volcano-mod-and-frankenstein-s-lab-mod-
Habitrail tunnel and Vamp Tower: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02520-alice-cooper-s-nightmare-castle-arch-and-tower-mods-acnc-
Other mods are still planned for ACNC in the near future, and I'm finally nearing the end of my order list, so more developing time soon. I've been working on a more universal pin mod, though Elvira may be next in line for a couple mods.

I ordered a couple of mods now that I have the pin and can see where they fit. Thanks!

#2958 4 years ago

Thats pretty cool, I have never had my guillotine catch the ball but we have only had a the pin for a week. I didnt even know that moved and dropped the ball. Great feature!

1 week later
#3083 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

My wife gave me the lab mod for Xmas from MEDISINYL
Easy install, goes great with the theme. I’m not big on mods but this one is just really good![quoted image]

Nice!

#3116 4 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Topper is awesome. I normally don’t like them too much, but the light show and movement are great. Good job, Spooky.
-Ned[quoted image]

How much is the topper? You just order through spooky?

1 week later
#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

My top flipper still struggles more often than not to get to the top ramp to Frankenstein. Has anyone here made adjustments in this regard? If so how do you do it? Is it through the coil settings? The upper flipper coil is sent to 13 currently.

Was 15 and rarely did it, put to 17 and it seems about right for our pin

#3273 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yep, this is one of the best machines in my collection IMO.

I got acnc about a month ago it’s also one of the best in our collection. I have 12 pins but in the past 3 years have gone through ~70. I love this pin and so does the family. Our keepers right now have been the shadow, lotr, sorcerer, BM66 and now acnc. I don’t see us getting rid of it and we get rid of pins quick if no one is in love with them. I’m impressed with spooky and If I could of got in on rick and Monty I would of done it

#3317 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

If you have a beta link, please don't share publicly. Chances are its outdated, like the one above.
I am running some final tests at the shop before betas go out to select people. The memory leak is history, you'll be able to play till your fingers bleed.

Sweet! I have the most recent code and it works great so i haven’t tried any beta or messed with it much. This will be the first time I get to update it. Looks like My favorite pin is about to get better!!

#3332 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I go 8 and then open the door and crank it to 12 when I start Feed My Frankenstein. Love that song loud!!

Did everyone buy that tape to stop the rattling? I keep mine quiet because of that but probably will buy the anti-rattle tape soon

#3335 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I definitely need some tape. The machine rattles when it’s turned up to 4 lol.

Yeah, mine too. I just ordered it. Only 24 bucks shipped so not horrible

#3345 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

My wife and I have decided to go after Billion Dollar Babies...we’ve been playing 4 person coop...went through all the monsters once, but failed to start BDB before we drained it! Aaarrggghhh! We will get there! Tournament for us this week is who kills the most monsters and who lights the most (2 places, 2 very competitive people)

Awesome! We love playing coop as a family. We just played it tonight but only beat a couple monsters

#3363 4 years ago

I got my tape but does anyone have a picture of how they applied it. I think i understand the directions but want to make sure I do it right

#3367 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

You start at the bottom of glass where lock down bar goes. Run tape continuously up one side, when you get to top of glass tape goes over top and down the back of same side. Make sure you don’t cut tape should be one continuous piece. Cut over lap off(end cut is at lockdown bar). This way it won’t peal off when removing and sliding in glass.
I find leaving backing on and pulling off as affixing tape to glass is easiest, cut backing when it gets in the way don’t cut tape. Hope this helps, don’t have pics cheers

Thanks, I think I got all set. Seems to cut the rattle a lot but might put a second layer

1 week later
#3519 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Weekend code drop.
Can't wait

Damn, I have to go visit family this weekend. Hope it drops tomorrow! We leave Saturday

#3555 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I can't wait to join this club. I still have a new MBrSE to trade for one.
Or if someone wants it, I will sell to you at a nice price so I can get a new ACNC.
...... Someone help a brother out!

If you were closer we would be talking . I like nice prices

#3612 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I had pictured mine in the summer (not a decal, but a plastic panel with knobs, reverse decals on the back, with paint and sealer over them. and custom speaker bezels), but have only offered it to one person that was asking for one (still need to make it). At most I'll be making about 4 of these, so an insignificant amount. Didn't seem like a lot of interest, otherwise I may have looked into buying the machinery or hiring out some help to make them feasible, but instead I'll hand make a few (prototype pictured with what I had on hand, but a higher end plastic would be used).
Look forward to what you come up with
[quoted image][quoted image]

That would probably look sweet on mine with the speaker lights and decals

#3674 4 years ago

Finally got around to paint and install my crypt. It was actually pretty fun to paint

0E95BA52-5D9B-42EB-A036-C77265AE1690 (resized).jpeg0E95BA52-5D9B-42EB-A036-C77265AE1690 (resized).jpeg0F255CFD-7316-4DBC-97B7-A8534AF18049 (resized).jpeg0F255CFD-7316-4DBC-97B7-A8534AF18049 (resized).jpeg9A76EF00-8515-4CD2-AC87-5BAF6086C7F1 (resized).jpeg9A76EF00-8515-4CD2-AC87-5BAF6086C7F1 (resized).jpeg9CE817E7-3EB7-4181-9C1F-46468CEAF186 (resized).jpeg9CE817E7-3EB7-4181-9C1F-46468CEAF186 (resized).jpegEA07FA64-F6AC-446D-9624-4DCB3E61802B (resized).jpegEA07FA64-F6AC-446D-9624-4DCB3E61802B (resized).jpeg
#3870 4 years ago

Not sure if this was posted already but Going through the settings you might want to have a set number decimal places for the next update. Same for font on difficulty setting but that you can still make out for the most part

36FBEA46-6C10-4300-BCD0-C2DE611C733E (resized).jpeg36FBEA46-6C10-4300-BCD0-C2DE611C733E (resized).jpeg943634CA-0807-4BE5-A565-952D25FBCBFB (resized).jpeg943634CA-0807-4BE5-A565-952D25FBCBFB (resized).jpeg9FA714F5-42EC-46BA-9768-D927A14CAF0A (resized).jpeg9FA714F5-42EC-46BA-9768-D927A14CAF0A (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#4168 4 years ago

Poor secret passage sign, came off the flipper and broke it right off

C6FAFE2E-88B8-4206-A02E-60E96E579319 (resized).jpegC6FAFE2E-88B8-4206-A02E-60E96E579319 (resized).jpeg
#4170 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Sending you a PM. I'll replace it at no charge.

Wow, thanks! I’m sure it just took the perfect shot to have it do that. The ball hit right at the base of the sign in the air.

1 month later
#4340 4 years ago

Any one have any issues with the optos on the mystery scoop? Sometimes it doesn’t register. I’ve cleaned the optos and tried adjusting. Sometimes they work for a bit and then after a couple games I might have an issue

2 years later
#7828 1 year ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I'm beyond floored and in awe of the pinball community! After telling my ACNC story on Episode 190 of the Slam Tilt Podcast, some members of the Nashville Pinball League went out and somehow secured unobtainium. They presented a ACNC original topper to me last night live on the broken_diode Twitch stream of our local weekly tournament. I'm still in shock and hopefully can get this thing lit up and moving around soon!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow…I would love one. That’s an awesome find. Congrats!

3 weeks later
#7850 11 months ago
Quoted from awassig:

[quoted image]

Awesome, I love the topper. I wish they still sold them

3 months later
#7903 7 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I have an original ACNC topper. Not looking to sell, just wondering what you guys think it might be worth. Someday Alice will have to go, and just wondering if selling it with the pin or separate would be worth it. Too many pins…and too little space.

I tried getting a topper for my prototype acnc but it didn’t work out. I’d be curious too as I tried through spooky. I’m not a topper guy but it would of been cool on that pin

#7905 7 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It’s an interactive topper…built into the code…not sure I’ve ever seen that before….maybe I’m wrong on this, but don’t remember a topper that interacts with the pin differently at specific times.

I’ve had a few toppers. I’d have to see it but black knight is by far the coolest topper I had. He would follow the ball with his head, when you battled him he would look like you hit him in the face. It looked incredibly realistic and he was super well integrated.

I’ll have to find some videos of acnc topper. My Rick and morty one just spins the portal

1 week later
#7915 7 months ago
Quoted from Kenz:

I’ve asked spooky about making another run of the toppers. I’d certainly be keen on getting my hands on one. Still waiting a response though!

I’d be in. I’d doubt they will be $299 again but even around $500 or so I’d definitely do it. If it’s going to be $1k topper I’d probably be out. Spooky is pretty good about pricing. I had to replace my Rick and morty topper and it was less than $200 for a new one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=happy81724 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.