(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider easternbloc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

How many had zero clue as to what a pinball machine was?

How many had heard of Alice Cooper?

1 week later
#485 4 years ago

I'm guessing it's a brain in a jar for the topper.

2 months later
#1013 4 years ago

Sunny day for a Spooky road trip! Alice 186 is moving south!

F2094A2C-9048-40A0-B8A1-EED4A82E48FE (resized).jpegF2094A2C-9048-40A0-B8A1-EED4A82E48FE (resized).jpeg Added over 5 years ago:

Thank you to Team Spooky! Really appreciate everyone who soldered circuits, polished plastics, welded wireforms, sourced shooter rods and marketed the madness of this machine!

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Can you pick up 219 for me while you are at it?

Would have been happy to stick around up there north of the heat (and incoming tropical weather) and wait for your game! It is worth the wait!

#1071 4 years ago

True story, my boy Uther’s been attracted to this pin since it showed up.
5E284161-0C29-4B89-8CED-63A597B60481 (resized).jpeg5E284161-0C29-4B89-8CED-63A597B60481 (resized).jpeg

#1075 4 years ago

I haven't been able to start Frank multiball yet, and I'm not sure if I haven't hit the right shots yet or if something else is at play. Hoping someone more experienced with this game can shed a bit of light on starting this mode.

First ball up the "Lab Lock" left inner ramp locks fine and the "Ball 1 Locked" animation plays. At this point, both "Lab Lock 2" & the "Black-eyes" on the back board start flashing, but the lab lock 2 drop target never comes up. A shot at the Vamp Stake switch below the flashing black eyes does not raise the drop target and any shot from the upper play field to that ramp simply follows the ramp back to the lower play field.

So far, I've tested the drop target in coil test and it seems to work fine; up, down, no issues. The Vampire Stake switch works fine and registers in test mode as well as inflicting damage on Dracula during Vampire mode. I also tried to artificially start Frank mode with the glass off. First ball from left locks fine. Next, when pressing the "Vamp Stake" button, I can hear a click and the "Lab Lock 2" drop target flinches a bit, but does not raise. After raising the playfield, I can not find any physical reason for the hangup - all springs and connections seem fine. Any ideas for a potential malfunction (& fix!) or an explanation of a rule I am missing would be most helpful! Loving this game!

#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

When you launch the skill shot, is the ball making a complete orbit, or is it falling back to the flipper from the right side of orbit? If the latter there is a known bug that is fixed in the next version. This bug will cause switches to not respond since the game thinks its in a certain phase of the skillshot.
Use the drop diag option from the utilities menu. This will put all the drop targets in up/down position and check to see if the switches are responding to those states. If a coil isn't resetting a drop target properly, it will let you know where is fails.

On launch, the ball makes a complete orbit and will award a skill shot if made and it will successfully leave skill shot mode if the skill shot is not made. On boot up, screen says software is 1.0.7.0

Tried the utilities>drop diagnostics and am getting a "Upper target down error" which stops the test. Oddly enough, this drop target works fine both ways in the "Coil Test Menu." Did another visual inspection of the setup under the playfield and to my eye everything looks fine. I included a photo in case there's anything glaringly obvious that I am missing with the mechanism. The drop target stays up when I manually push it as well. Could it be something with adjusting the wing nut and stop screw in the bottom of the assembly?

I tried the servo test menu and the crescent shaped piece of plastic divdewrseems to move unencumbered between the three positions. Currently Lock Left=23, Lock Mid=52 & Lock Right=79.

Many thanks to FawzmaGames & Magicchiz for reaching out with suggestions!

ChZ6n4PrTgCq2+uqRFSGeQ (resized).jpgChZ6n4PrTgCq2+uqRFSGeQ (resized).jpg
#1085 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Your drop target switch is not registering properly. Go into the switch test and pull up on the drop target and push it down to see results.

Indeed, manually actuating that switch does nothing in switch test. Using a short piece of wire between the two used posts does register though. I’m assuming the issue can then be deduced to be a bad switch and not a bad connection elsewhere?

#1087 4 years ago

Drop mech catches the switch fine and the switch audibly clicks when engaging. Have to jump the lugs to get it to register in switch test though, so reasonably sure I can assume it is a bum switch. Chris is sending me a new one to try.

3 weeks later
#1427 4 years ago

Medisinyl ,
Home run, man. Ordered and really looking forward to seeing the effect in person. Really cool work.

2 weeks later
#1580 4 years ago

For my money, it doesn't get any better than Alice's deadpan delivery of "Sorry, but it's a brutal planet." I can't hear that and not press start again.

1 month later
#1930 4 years ago

Love seeing what people put on top of these machines! I had an old neon transformer and cobbled a few old/unfinished projects into this gruesome beast over the weekend. There is a very satisfying electronic crackle that the spark makes.

Thinking about adding a foam brain with some coiled copper wire or something.

F192BF5B-0E79-495A-A042-85835036367D (resized).jpegF192BF5B-0E79-495A-A042-85835036367D (resized).jpeg
#1932 4 years ago

The bottom has a drawer that I lined with tin foil in an attempt to keep any interference at bay. Haven't noticed any issues with it affecting gameplay or audio/visual interference. Must admit, I only have just enough knowledge about electricity to be dangerous.

#1975 4 years ago

Oh, no! The deepfakes came for Alice!

1 month later
#2823 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m thinking about joining the club and have only played this a couple of times. I have two questions for the owners
1) is this relatively young kid friendly?
2) how is the quality? I heard these can be plagued with issues
I know you all probably love it but please let me know your thoughts

I find it to be kid friendly as the artwork, though dark, is comic/cartoonish in nature and I don’t find it overly gory. There’s enough Cabinet and playfield images in this thread to inform you enough to make your own decision though. To my knowledge, I can’t think of any call outs that would be non-kid friendly either. My nephews are ages 6-12 and they gravitate straight to this pin and their folks love it as well. Alice Cooper was on a muppets special after all...

1 week later
#2984 4 years ago

I was entirely unaware of the memory leak issue. Probably about 750 plays on mine and I've never witnessed a reset. Considering how much is in this game it's really been pretty trouble free. I changed out a glitchy switch shortly after unpacking it, but since then pretty damn flawless operation here.

#3045 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Trying to figure out if my game is a butter cabinet. The guy I bought it from said it had pretty much every option. Can anyone tell from these pics?[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m seeing a subtly textured surface that is in the reflection of the pixelated rug on the left side of the cabinet. This is similar to how the reflections appear on my non-butter TNA. Butter finish has a glass smooth feel to it with no hint of any slight “orange peel” surface. Anyway, I think this is a regular cabinet. Doesn’t matter, it’s still wonderful art exceedingly well done; you got an awesome game.

#3128 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Mystery hole award: you get put in the stretch/torture device... have to hit shots to break yourself free. If you hit the wrong shot (like werewolf), you get stretched. Hit 3 or 4 wrong shots, and the game auto drains your ball with some cool light sequence, maybe splitting lights apart on top and bottom halves of the game

Really dig this idea! Along a similar line, you could have a "poisoned" award and have to hit correct timed shots to drink the anti-venom/elixer/whathaveyou.

#3130 4 years ago

Finding a silver bullet to help with werewolf mode may be nice; I always seem to have more trouble with that one than even zombie mode. I'm assuming whatever comes out in the next code update may be the final iteration. I can't see it making fiscal sense to Spooky to keep updating a game they've already sold.

3 weeks later
#3452 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:Got thanks! Hey did you guys notice there’s a mystery Seward that says go to jail? What do you guys think that will mean? Also what happens after strechingomg the dude in the dungeon more than once?

Some are jokes, like "Tilt next player." TNA has some good ones too, like Lionman!

3 months later
#4544 3 years ago

Every update is like a suprise Christmas...

This evening should be fun!

#4602 3 years ago

The Alice/Brundel Fly is now in my nightmares.

2 months later
#5016 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

something similar for ACNC.

Brain in a backlit yellow resin cast would be cool.

5 months later
#5690 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I am going to let go of my ACNC with butter cabinet and custom topper if anyone is interested.

Already in the club, but would love to see your custom topper! I used to have a jacob's ladder on top of mine before springing for the Spooky version.

#5697 3 years ago

Stemmy I think it was Oct/Nov of 2019 that I got the topper. Truth be told, I got tired of hearing the servo operate in attract mode and it's been unplugged for months.

2 months later
#6254 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Can anyone confirm how large the most recent update is?

Think it was around 1.4 gig.

4 months later
#6629 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Lighting question: what do the round "eye" inserts near the flippers tell you? Usually, they glow red, but playing last night I noticed I had only one of the eyes flashing white during a mode.

It was giving you a hint what side of the playfield the shot you needed to make was on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider easternbloc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=easternbloc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.