(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7416 1 year ago

I picked up a acnc last week and after a few games, the servo fuse blew. It calls for a 3 amp fast blow. I think its the first time a machine I had called for a fast blow fuse. All the 3 amp fuses I have say slow blow on the package or nothing at all as far as fast and slow go. Can I use a 3 amp slow blow? Any input why my fuse could have blown?

#7419 1 year ago

Thanks guys, I went on spooky's website and I was not able to find how to set the servos. Where is it on the website?

#7433 1 year ago

To update on my servo fuse blowing, I changed the fuse and it blew quickly so started to troubleshoot. The guillotine servo seemed a little tight so I took all that apart (video was very helpful) and reassembled and have played several games without it blowing. Fingers crossed, the game is a blast to play btw.

#7437 1 year ago

Frequently when the ball goes behind the drop target to go into crypt multiball, another ball does not go into the shooter lane and launch, effectively ending your game. Any thoughts on why this would happen? Its kinda hard to get this machine dialed in

#7443 1 year ago

Thanks, I am hoping my balls are magnetized but going to check the optos as well. Could my potentially magnetized balls cause switch problems with the monster as well?

#7446 1 year ago

I think it was the magnetized balls. I played about 6 games and have not had an issue. Even the lower magnet worked properly most of the time. I had already messed with most of the switches and optos. Hopefully I’m all set now. I’m still in the honeymoon stage and I’m talking to the club here but this game is fantastic

1 week later
#7480 1 year ago

So my guillotine stopped working again but it has not blown the fuse. I had taken it apart and had it working again. I am starting to think its a bad servo but it does move freely. What is the name of that servo in utilities mode? Its confusing that it not just called the guillotine.

#7482 1 year ago

OK thanks, is this just as good as the original part. I could not seem to find the spooky replacement part anywhere online

#7485 1 year ago

I put the new servo in and after making adjustments for hours to get it in the right position it works great now. My only problem is I can’t get the ball to stay on that ramp when I hit it with the upper flipper.? I’ve been making adjustments and nothing seems to be consistent. That skinny little ramp is definitely a bad design, as isbthe guillotine. Any advice on keeping the ball on that ramp?

#7487 1 year ago

I did use the video, but I think I had to take that gear off about six times to get it just right. After I hit the backhand shot with the upper flipper onto that ramp it falls when it goes on the wire form about 30% of the time and goes behind the drop target through that hole

#7490 1 year ago

It falls off as soon as it goes on the wire form

F3C4209D-FCB3-4C67-BBAB-1B8D0266709E (resized).jpegF3C4209D-FCB3-4C67-BBAB-1B8D0266709E (resized).jpeg
#7492 1 year ago

I have tried adjusting everything and bending the ramp a little I guess I’ll just have to tinker with it a little more

#7495 1 year ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm working right now but going to take a look later

#7497 1 year ago

I am pretty sure I have everything working properly with the guillotine and the servo. Good suggestion on those servos from Amazon. One last problem I have, occasionally when I am playing a game the sound and video will cut out for about a second and then come back on. I can go several games without this happening or it can happen a few times in one game.

1 month later
#7539 1 year ago

My machine has pinstadium atoms on it. Today when I turned on the machine the pinstadium lights were cycling through the different colors instead of just staying on one color and integrating with the game. I did not install them so I am not 100% sure how they work. Any help would be appreciated.

#7542 1 year ago

Thanks for the help, I will look into it after work but one question. To do a reboot, do I us an app from my phone to do this?

#7544 1 year ago

Thanks for the help guys I got it all working. I never knew you needed that app until now and I didn’t realize how many different settings you could do on the lighting. I also never realized how dark this machine is without the Pin Stadium‘s. They do look great in acnc

3 weeks later
#7615 1 year ago

Did all ACNC’s come with a real painted translite? Mine did and I recently got an Ultraman and was a little disappointed to see that it did not.

#7620 1 year ago

OK I was actually wrong about Ultraman after taking a better look at it it’s A back glass as well. It’s cool spooky went the extra step. Do new sterns come with a back glass or Translite?

2 weeks later
#7651 1 year ago

I think you have the upper flipper strength too high as well. There is a sweet spot where the ball barely gets up the ramp and is not going too fast for the backhand shot as well

#7659 1 year ago

Hang in there, "If it ain't broke, it ain't a pinball machine" It seems like I had some tweaking to do with every new or newer machine I ever had except mbr. I do think that screw caused chaos but you are near the finish line so don't give up. There is some videos in this thread on how to disassemble the guillotine. I had to and it's easy to do. You probably need a new servo motor or it just needs some tweaking. I would try to do some adjustments to it in the settings menu first but you probably do have to disassemble it.

6 months later
#7887 9 months ago

I know magnetized balls can cause havoc with ACNC as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 300.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=don44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.