(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,001 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by DrBernd
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bohica.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 5 years ago

From Spooky's Facebook page.... I am currently in for silver, but the blue looks really good - better than on the prototype IMO. I'm waffling, but have a year to stew on it.

ACNC Production Line (resized).jpgACNC Production Line (resized).jpg
2 months later
#57 5 years ago

I also do not believe many have shipped to home use buyers. Spooky is supposed to pause TNA production @ 550 then concentrate on ACNC. Purely guesstimate based on TNA club postings but maybe Jan-Feb we will see them coming out in much greater numbers.

One home buyer was kind enough to post some video in the other thread - which has good info but is huge and gets sidetracked a lot.

2 weeks later
#61 5 years ago

Members in the TNA production thread posting #s in the low 450s shipping and Spooky Charlie posted an update in the "other ACNC thread" saying they were on track to finish the current TNA run in 8 weeks + they still plan on delivering all ACNC within their original 18 month plan. Looks like a bit of a bummer for the low # buyers while those of us further down the line won't notice much in the way of difference in wait. Let's hope for February to see ACNC coming out at a faster pace and maybe a pickup in activity here.

@ damonator provided a good pic of the standard silver vein trip with lighted speakers if anyone is interested to see a comparison. Tough choice IMO, but looks good either way.

ACNC Blue Lighted (resized).jpgACNC Blue Lighted (resized).jpgACNC Silver Lighted (resized).jpgACNC Silver Lighted (resized).jpg
1 month later
#70 5 years ago

From fresh post on Spooky's FB page - they seem to be multiplying:

"Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle is officially taking over the line in a big way... for anyone still on the fence for Total Nuclear Annihilation, there are about 6 remaining for sale until... ??? When and if demand is there for another run basically. Those TnA games are available for delivery in 1 week! No waiting, no fuss, no muss. Thanks everyone who made TnA the biggest hit in Spooky Pinball history! Thanks also to the patient people waiting for Alice, who have made it the 2nd biggest hit!!! "

ACNC Line (resized).jpgACNC Line (resized).jpg
1 month later
#118 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't see this posted yet...should be "must watch" for everyone waiting on their Alice Cooper's.[quoted image]

Thanks for posting - agreed - his tutorials are great.

#120 5 years ago

I sort of thought that too for about 3 minutes but I really don't care - I like watch Mr. K teach and it's on this machine. For people who are already good enough to make a living playing pinball prob not a big deal but for a slug like me it's all good.

3 weeks later
#148 5 years ago

Things have changed since I played one, but I was managing. If I can start a mode, a chimp with motivational peanuts can get the job done. It's not a pushover; Takes some skill or dumb luck but thats OK.

1 week later
#164 5 years ago

Please consider posting them in the other thread where your previous reviews and redesign recommendations are. It might help keep the owners group more on topic with less debating and getting ejected again.

#166 5 years ago

Good catch budman, you are correct - I had forgotten the permanent trolling eject from the other thread when I posted.

Happy to see Springpatch will have an AC in town. I worked there for a little over 5 yrs, still have relatives there. Used to think it was a big city, but it's like Mayberry when I get back now..... nice.

1 week later
#182 5 years ago

Anyone know if the Bowen tutorial will be live streamed and if so, where to watch?

2 weeks later
#262 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Looking for confirmation that there is no coin box that ships with ACNC. I assume not as there was a leg box which had the legs, balls, power cord, small bag with a few extra LED PCBs and an info sheet. There is no limited number cert or plaque etc...
Unfortunately the delivery fellow who brought this across the border had a hassle with this and another pin where the border super cops demanded that the boxes be opened and the metal straps cut from the skid. All to confirm that what was on the box was in fact what was in the box. Certainly ruined part of my NIB unopening opportunity all to ensure that we aren't trying to get away with paying less sales tax than we should be. Other countries worry about drugs, not in this case... Oh, you have a 'pinball machine', what title? What's the value?, where's it from? Please unlock you phone so we can look everything over...

Coin box and lid was an option, at least at the time I placed a deposit.

Add ons and Upgrades .....

Operators - Bill acceptor coin door is a $20 upgrade. Coin mechs are $8 each. Coin box and lid are $25.

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It's the journey not the destination. Many of us like to see gameplay from different sources.

greenhornet made it clear in the other thread before being banned that he has no interest in the game, won't buy one, yet continues to exhibit obsessive behaviors for both the game and those who opt to buy one. Now interjecting into the club thread.... get some professional help, GH.

1 week later
#365 5 years ago

Floors is only part of the tower/escape portion. More floors (blue) = more bait points for you to jump out safely with at the time you hit a green arrow vs being killed off trying for more (which you do by avoiding red, hitting more blue). Sort of like "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" but no Howie as intermediary.

Decisions, decisions....

(start @ 1:05:00)

2 weeks later
#512 4 years ago

Looks like a few Alice Coopers are headed Down Under:

https://www.facebook.com/SpookyPinball/

#559 4 years ago

If you picked a distributor with a low # of customers inclined toward this title you could come in today and be in the 200s but if you picked one with a higher # of customers wanting it, then you could be in the first week and land in the 300-400 range. Maybe be a question to ask on future releases: "what is your # allotment and how many depositors as of now?" which should give you insight into where you might end up.

1 week later
#608 4 years ago

Spooky FB page has a pic of ACs headed out to supply New Zealand.
Kiwi ACs (resized).jpgKiwi ACs (resized).jpg

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I can't decide which color trim looks better.

You are not alone. That dilema plagues several of us. Good news is no matter which option you choose, someone somewhere on pinside will be upset that you bought a machine at all.

#666 4 years ago

dnaman : Here is a link to the ring/sleeve set from earlier posts on the topic approx #320s-350s in case it may be of use:

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1039

1 week later
#752 4 years ago

If anyone can post the width of the shipping boxes, it would be helpful and appreciated.

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Any info on roughly what # build the factory is up to?

Post 743 (back one page)

2 weeks later
#997 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

unless spooky is reassigning numbers, why not say you are #349?

Did you buy one yet or still just interjecting here to complain?

1 week later
#1173 4 years ago

I'm mechanically inept and just short of terrified about having to fix things. If the worst thing on mine when it shows up is a latch screw.... oh happy day. Door will be taped and machine running til it shows up.

3 months later
#2503 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Quick shot question for ya'll..
Does your Secret Passage loop seriously slow down the ball?
On my game, unless I get the shot *exactly*, the ball will never make it around. And when I DO hit it dead-on, the fall will FLY up there, and then.. after a few seconds, just dribble out the right loop. It kinda kills the flow - especially for Combos and the such.

Same here.

2 weeks later
#2686 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hey guys - quick question:
My two lower drop targets have stopped dropping. It's almost as if the drop coil isn't strong enough. (Even after turning them up.) The latches seem to be binding.
Anyone run across this, and know the preferred fix?

This worked for me:

2 months later
#3649 4 years ago

Rotordave is a keen observer of human-internet behavior.

I'd like to see an update as well. Will pay more attention when it's available.

3 months later
#4784 3 years ago

In case this may be of help to anyone:

I was having a problem with the Lab Lock 2 (right side - accessed from upper playfield) not registering. Tried the switch bend from the Spooky vid, tested 100% but was seeing 50%+ non-register and that pretty much screws the game). Finally ciphered the diverter was far enough to the right the lower loop of the diverter was too far over and was preventing the ball from reliably hitting the switch. Easy fix - servo settings, changed "Lock Right" from 75 to 72 and seems to be very reliable now.

Also - if you like to change things up a bit, set the upper magnet to "Spooky". When you start a mode, sometimes you get the standard slow roll out the passage, but other times.... not. Keeps things less predictable and was a good feature IMO.

1 week later
#4813 3 years ago

Thinking it might be interesting to see that Widow armor in a black similar to AFMLE but too dark?

3 weeks later
#4925 3 years ago

Anyone in the thread replace the clear rubber with a color other than GITD? If so, a photo would be great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 300.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bohica.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=bohica and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.