(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeolus7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Alice with Glow in the Dark Titan bands. Game off, gameroom with purple and green led strips and game on pics. Did not have to remove upper playfield! Fyi, Titan pist sleeves are thicker than stock clear ones.

Dude, the glow bands look sick. Nice work!

2 years later
#6423 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

[quoted image]https://www.facebook.com/SpookyPinball

Yes! Saw this post on Instagram and snagged one. Really unexpected that these resurfaced after being sold out for so long. Was lucky enough to play a couple games on location when it first came out, and was very impressed with the overall presentation. Great looking game, and I love the dark, cartoony castle theme. First NIB for me, so really stoked. Should look good next to the AMH!

#6425 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Now you have to find an RZ. well done.

Dare to dream!

#6430 2 years ago

On 2nd thought, RZ might be too scary for my daughter. And by my daughter, I mean me.

#6441 2 years ago

Well, that was quick. Sold out.

B7358CB9-7BFC-4E6B-ADB3-51EF854FE794 (resized).jpegB7358CB9-7BFC-4E6B-ADB3-51EF854FE794 (resized).jpeg

#6445 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Wonder what #'s this group is/was from..

Same here. I'll report back when mine shows up.

2 weeks later
#6497 2 years ago

Has anyone received their ACNC from the batch that Spooky listed a couple weeks ago? Curious if they started shipping yet.

1 week later
#6539 2 years ago

Just got word from Spooky my ACNC is ready to ship! Boo ya!

#6543 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Mine was #495. Curious what yours will be. This game is really hard. I'm not great at pinball and its really kicking my ass!

I’ll report back on the number. I only played it once on location, but have heard how tight the shots are. I’m not a great player myself, but I will say that getting beat up over & over again on AMH has really improved my saves and flipper skills and owning a Shadow really improved my accuracy & ability to hit combos. Good code also gives motivation to keep trying, hopefully you find that with ACNC!

#6545 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I say this.. Alice improved my dead flips huge! It's a must or you die horribly!

Awesome, I like my odds in that case. I feel confident about my dead flips, just haven’t translated that into great scores yet!

#6567 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Something easy to try. Get the Titan pinball low bounce flipper rubbers and see if that helps.

Solid suggestion. AMH is a very difficult to control game, and I found the Titan Glow rubbers added just enough to give more control over drop catches, trapping, dead bounces, etc. I added the glow rubbers based on looks, but they must be a little softer and/or grippier than the stock ones?

#6571 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Mine was #495. Curious what yours will be. This game is really hard. I'm not great at pinball and its really kicking my ass!

Unboxing weekend! Couple minor tweaks out of the box, but otherwise went smoothly. Had to adjust the tilt Bob bracket of all things. Really having a great time with the game though, very impressed by the overall package. Daughter was having a great time dancing to Alice songs and I was able to see some modes and even got Frankenstein going (though of course I drained immediately ).

45C23A03-C213-44FC-8FF7-F60FFE803C0A (resized).jpeg45C23A03-C213-44FC-8FF7-F60FFE803C0A (resized).jpegE63D5CED-BE23-4C05-AF3B-917FBD9E4427 (resized).jpegE63D5CED-BE23-4C05-AF3B-917FBD9E4427 (resized).jpeg70A11B9B-9F1A-4C1C-BDA4-CD86A62A21D5 (resized).jpeg70A11B9B-9F1A-4C1C-BDA4-CD86A62A21D5 (resized).jpeg2C11A180-7F24-4153-B5F3-DDCF847D8C52 (resized).jpeg2C11A180-7F24-4153-B5F3-DDCF847D8C52 (resized).jpegB6801999-D39B-4C1A-9981-3FCE7ED3B02B (resized).jpegB6801999-D39B-4C1A-9981-3FCE7ED3B02B (resized).jpeg

#6573 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Is America's Most Haunted coming in or going out?
I need to hunt down one of those soon.

Staying for now. AMH was wrapped up because I moved my game room this weekend to another, slightly larger room in the house

PM when you are on the hunt, and we may be able to work something out. I'm space-challenged, so games to get shuffled around quite a bit. AMH is a great one though, and always a tough debate when it's on the chopping block. That being said, I have a Halloween on order and have several other games on the want list, and finite space!

#6574 2 years ago

Holy crap the bass in this game. I was getting some serious cabinet rattle, so I ended up fashioning some spacers from cutting sections off a hard rubber post sleeve. These went on the screws between the subwoofer and the cabinet as someone had suggested at one point in this thread. That improved things quite a bit but still rattle. I'm wondering if I should go further and add some adhesive foam or mat of some sort between the cabinet & sub? The worst rattle is when the ball sits in the launch position, the atmospheric noise increases like feedback from a microphone due to the vibration.

Felt tape on order as well, to add to the sides and back of the glass as others have suggest, though the channel is already a tight fit. Will take a look at the backglass as well. Also tried to bend back the side rails slightly to make sure they weren't making contact with the glass. If anyone has done other things that have worked, let me know! My goal is to be able to play when the rest of the house is asleep without killing the volume completely.

On the plus side, really loving the game. Shots are difficult but the game is fairly forgiving when you brick a shot (nudging!). Love the standup vampire shot on the upper playfield. Very satisfying when you make good contact with it. The game hits well for me so far on pretty much every level: sound, atmosphere, variety of modes, variety of shots, meaningful upper playfield, great art, animation, music (songs just work great in the context of the modes). Enjoying the honeymoon phase for sure!

Alice (resized).jpgAlice (resized).jpg

#6583 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Csnt you just lower the bass a tad?

Appreciate the suggestion - Messed with the sub amp settings quite a bit, including the bass. At the point that reducing the bass made a difference in the rattling, it was inaudible, but probably need to do some more testing to find a sweet spot.

#6586 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

You can also move the weights on your shaker to cool things down

Thanks, though no shaker on this machine. It’s pretty close to a base model aside from a couple of extras

#6591 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Csnt you just lower the bass a tad?

Okay, making progress! After playing around in test mode for music, I finally realized there was a separate sub volume . That improved things greatly. Some glass rattle remaining, but thinking the tape will fix that. The cabinet still produces a only loud hum when the ball is in the launch position (not glass related). Sounds a lot like feedback when a microphone is too close to a speaker.

After seeing @spectreman's post, I also took the liberty of adjusting the wireform as it was hanging above the guillotine ramp like others mentioned. Much better transition now.

#6618 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

New owner and excited to get started!
Btw - mine came with different speaker covers.
Have no idea why. Lol.

Bonus!

#6628 2 years ago

Lighting question: what do the round "eye" inserts near the flippers tell you? Usually, they glow red, but playing last night I noticed I had only one of the eyes flashing white during a mode.

#6633 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Lighting question: what do the round "eye" inserts near the flippers tell you? Usually, they glow red, but playing last night I noticed I had only one of the eyes flashing white during a mode.

Brilliant. Sort of a mirror to Igor running different directions

1 week later
#6651 2 years ago

What are some recommended strategies for ACNC? It seems like all the points are in the modes, but curious how you approach the game for score?

#6653 2 years ago
Quoted from Paulatron:

Yes, it is all about the modes, and more importantly, starting and completing them. Until you start a mode, you are only really scoring for the spinner, combos and the crypt multiball.
I don't tend to get too wrapped up in the order, but keep in mind, the points awarded are increased with each monster mode completed.
Pit creature is the big one. I had a game last night and was awarded 82 million for defeating the creature. I have had more in the past though.
Keep an eye out for the green orbit lights. It is a big risk vs reward, but collecting and using a weapon certainly helps with defeating monsters.
Get the crypt lock going, (constantly) ready to use. Although the ball save timing is a bit flakey when in both crypt and a mode, its good to have crypt ready, if only to give a ball some longevity.
Keep in mind, it is not always the best to have 2 balls on the go when trying to complete vamp or alice, but great to start crypt when the mode is completed to help collect the jackpots.
Also useful to have crypt ready on frank, as you can get 3 balls as opposed to 2. I find the extra ball helps defeating frank, and scoring points as both modes are going.
Don't forget about the chop shot as that also leads to an extra ball, along with starting the 3rd monster.
There is a 3rd extra ball available as a special shot on monster 7 (I think), again, the green orbits that change direction with sling hits. It's a one off though and if you drain, you loose it.
Only other advice from me is keep an eye on the ball save lane lights and the multiplier.
Its a great game that can be brutal, but when the stars align, can lead to some long ball times and great scoring games.
Good luck.
P

Awesome! Greatly appreciated

5 months later
#6975 2 years ago

Hey all. If anyone is still looking to join the club, my Alice is up for sale in the marketplace. Just picked up 3 games in the last week. I need more room!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
$ 300.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeolus7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=aeolus7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.