(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Freak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

Looks like a few Alice Coopers are headed Down Under:
https://www.facebook.com/SpookyPinball/

Can’t wait game #118 on its way down under. Now the 6 to 8 week wait...are we there yet! I have a SW Prem coming next week so the wait won’t be so bad. Chris and Dom do a great job looking after Aussie Spooky customers, thanks guys.

1 month later
#850 4 years ago

Joined the club on Monday #118. Just downloaded new code, loading tomorrow and planning a big session on it. I’ve only completed 3 monsters thus far. I have a long way to go to get to wizard mode if I ever do, but am going to have a fun time trying.

Thanks Charlie and Kayte for the new AMH backglass, greatly appreciate from the land down under. Cheers Gav

C40AB471-EE82-4D7D-A33D-92884979585F (resized).jpegC40AB471-EE82-4D7D-A33D-92884979585F (resized).jpeg
#862 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Can't you just anti-rattle tape your glass?

I have this on Met RZ and AMH, works great and easy to install. I would try this before going the external sub route.

1 week later
#973 4 years ago
Quoted from Jousley:

I don’t have the newest update yet because I don’t have a computer and can’t find my memory stick but I hope someone can answer me this. Does the update fix the Monster issue with the balls falling down below the playfield? It’s an infuriating issue that just pisses me off when it happens. How can I fix this? Also the right lock switch on The Monster never seems to register when the ball goes in. If I put it in switch test and press it it does work. I wanna get my Alice working perfectly so I don’t get pulled out of the game.

I’m on new code and have had two balls fall into cabinet. I’m not sure how it happens yet as I have not looked at Frankie yet. I hope it can be fixed with code but may need some physical changes to fix. I’m lifting playfield today to have a look will let you know if I find anything that may help. Cheers

2 months later
#1667 4 years ago

Don’t turn the sound down, put some anti rattle tape on glass works great. I have it on all the pins I play loud, no glass rattling. My Met has a 10” sub when turned up you can hear it at the end of the street, whole pin shakes but no glass rattle.
Spooky day yesterday playing AMH, RZ, ACNC and TNA. I don’t think i will ever complete any of them, been close a few times but it’s fun trying. Love the uniqueness of Spooky’s pins.
Ps when turned up loud you don’t hear the fan

3 months later
#2966 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

There is a physical switch at the bottom of the drop targets. It will register as opened or closed. I check this and the drop down mech when I was having issues. I did notice the drop down targets seemt to get a little hung up sometimes causing those physical switches to not be triggered. I don't know if that's happening during game play as I was just manually testing with the pf up. But it did look like it could happen.

I had problems with two of my drops. They were not registering in down position and failing in drops diagnostic test. It turned out to be the two physical switches at bottom of drops, both failed. Spooky sent out two new switches replaced them works fine now except for code bugs mentioned above.

Definitely agree that this switch should be checked if anyone is having problems with drops not registering. Check when drop is in down that leaf activates switch. This has an adjustment if needed.

3 weeks later
#3366 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I got my tape but does anyone have a picture of how they applied it. I think i understand the directions but want to make sure I do it right

You start at the bottom of glass where lock down bar goes. Run tape continuously up one side, when you get to top of glass tape goes over top and down the back of same side. Make sure you don’t cut tape should be one continuous piece. Cut over lap off(end cut is at lockdown bar). This way it won’t peal off when removing and sliding in glass.

I find leaving backing on and pulling off as affixing tape to glass is easiest, cut backing when it gets in the way don’t cut tape. Hope this helps, don’t have pics cheers

3 weeks later
#3832 4 years ago

Not sure if new code related but since update I can access menu screen(green button) scroll through using Flippers but when trying to access menu option (green button) does nothing. Need to adjust my magnet save setting.

Anyone else having a problem with this? Thanks. Will email Christopher if just mine.

#3834 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Yes, this has been a acknowledged and should be fixed in later code. Use the Start button instead of the green button for now.

Thank you. I missed that. Cheers

#3839 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Having trouble putting new code on. When I download the update am I supposed to open it with a zip program or just put it on usb stick as is? The two zip programs I tried to open it with failed to do so I put it on usb stick as is, game acts like its going to install it for a short time but then boots the old code.

Did you format USB to 32 fat and delete any files on USB before copying new code onto USB. I just download and copy to USB didn’t need to unzip first like with Stern code. Hope this helps

2 months later
#4332 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

This.
Do not let people who havent played our rare gem ruin this vote.
I feel like once the old school only guys are weened out it will become more fair and headsup

Just voted still need a lot more votes.

It’s funny how some people like to rate Spooky games low. Most have probably never played one or had limited plays on them. I need about 30 games to get a feel for the shots. All their games are tough but fun, it’s what brings me back.

Fang Club poster proudly hung above AMH, RZ and ACNC. Spooky Rocks

Ps Dave going even ‘Freakier’ during lockdown, any update on code would be appreciated. Cheers

2 months later
#4828 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Ok, so I had my multimeter on the wrong setting. Early morning pinball repairs are tough. lol.
Anyways, I tested the lugs and they are both registering 48 volts. I’m guessing this means a board issue? This is such a bummer.

I had a similar problem with two of the drop target switches, upper PF and lower #2 drop. Working with Chris at Spooky we were able to work out the two switches were broken. Got a couple of new ones sent out and after replacing switches have been 100 % since. All the wires were good to both switches and they were receiving power.

#4830 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

The switch that registers drop target 2 as “down” is working correctly according to when I put the game in switch test mode. When the drop target is down, it activates the switch.

Ok. For me in test, switches wouldn’t register when manually pushed with my finger. Was told to short out the switch using pliers to see if it registered in test which it did. Looks like your issue is different.
Hope you find the cause soon cheers

3 weeks later
#4923 3 years ago

MintIndeed Thank you for taking the time to do this, greatly appreciated.

Quoted from clancea3:

Stupid question, but where do you see the newest code for ACNC?

Spooky’s web page under game support tag, then scroll to ACNC latest code on left.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Freak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=Pinball_Freak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.