(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Obed_Marsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1739 4 years ago

Got mail to select my options on #364. Hoping I'll get it before Halloween with a little luck

1 week later
#1778 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

Request for final payment on 368

Weird I'm still waiting for payment call for #364. The numbering seems all over the place.

I guess should be soon enough trying to make sense of it serves no purpose. Lol

1 week later
#1872 4 years ago

Paid balance on #364 a week ago. I keep checking my mail hoping to see it shipped. Lol

2 weeks later
#2030 4 years ago

I received my game on Monday and set it up today and as soon as I turn it on Im getting a very loud humming sound that is overpowering the game music and audio.

If I turn the volume way up I can hear that the audio is playing and the video and mechanics look to be working, but the humming is so loud I can't play it.

Hope this is something easily solvable. Pretty disappointing to have a big issue right off the bat, but the game itself looks beautiful

#2031 4 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

I recd my Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle today.Turned it on for the first time and It has no Video and no Sound. The Video screen lights up, goes dark and then says "no signal". The speakers give off a loud cracking sound like they are trying to turn on but I get no sound. I turned it off and back on hoping it would reset. it looked like it was loading data because I saw a progress bar( see photo) but it then it went back to the black video screen and said no signal again. I check all of the connectors and they seem good. Has anyone else experienced this? Also the top of the back box has unfinished nail holes- very unsightly
.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm getting similar to this, except very loud humming sound instead of no audio. I did let it load all the way and afterwards the game does start

#2039 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

One end is plugged into the board on the back of the lcd screen the other end is in the amp in the cabinet behind where the coin box goes the line plugs in near the right side of the cabinet.

That was it! Loose audio line in the cabinet. Thanks much! Made my night

1 week later
#2334 4 years ago

I've gotten some more time on the game. Very happy with the game and enjoying it a lot so far, even though finding it very difficult.

Have a few issues and potential issues. Sorry if any of these have already been covered

1. Backbox screw won't screw in tightly in the backbox. I've tried many angles, turning by hand, and by wrench. It seems like the hole in the backbox might be misaligned with the cabinet screw hole? I can get the screw in directly in the cabinet, but can't get it in via backbox hole.

2. The flipper rubber seems VERY bouncy. Is this intended? Never seen flippers with such bouncy rubber. Does this stop after it gets some play? It looks like lots of people replaced it when watching videos.

3. Each time the game ends it plays the crypt multiball video clip for a moment.

4. Can Frankenstein mode only be started from locking ball from the left ramp, than locking the second on upper playfield ramp?

Maybe fluke, but it seems after I lock one ball on left ramp I can never get a second ball up the left ramp.

After one ball is locked from left ramp should the upper playfield target stay down? Or it needs to be bashed still? It seems the upper playfield drop doesn't stay down for extended periods? Is that expected?

Last one time I got a ball up the upper playfield ramp without having a ball locked from left and it just rocketed down the left ramp sdtm. Should it have locked?

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks much if someone is able to answer some or all.

4 weeks later
#2726 4 years ago

Was there any era on new code? My game came with 1.0.7.0, but seems some people have more recent.

The website just has ^.

I know it has been discussed, bit mainly looking forward to ball search enhancements until we get a bigger update.

I've had to take the glass off to find missing balls fairly often.

4 months later
#4420 3 years ago

Having several issues with my game lately.

First one is pretty odd could have sworn this was working before, but when I go into any of the menu test options I can only use the start button to enter the section menu, but then it is completely non-functional.

For instance I can enter coil test menu by pressing start, but the start button doesn't actually work to do any of the tests. I can enter the drop target test menu, but I can't select any of the tests..

Also having issues with Frankenstein mode. Lab lock 1 is caught and registers fine, but it looks like my lab lock 2 is always in down position, even after lab 1 is successfully locked. Lab lock 2 is lit, but since the drop target is always down, even if I hit a shot that should start frank mode the diverter doesn't shift to lock ball 2.

Guessing for this issue the drop target is just stuck, but I'm totally baffled about the start button abruptly not working to initiate tests in the test menu when it works everywhere else.

The game is on latest code

#4423 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Not sure if this is what you’re looking for problem 1 but you need to use the flipper buttons to scroll the menus after you use the coin door menu buttons. That was new with the last code drop.

Think it was what drizzt76 mentioned about in current release code can't initiate tests.

Thanks though

#4426 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yes, this is the issue there. I had this issue back when I unboxed my game - took me forever to finally realize that I couldn't lock Ball 2 because my drop was broken.

Good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks. Did it end up being a pretty easy fix, small adjustment for you? Or something more time consuming and laborious?

Hope to have some time to try to fix this weekend, but I have very minimalistic repair experience

5 months later
#5280 3 years ago

I've had a decent amount of issues with mine. Got it nib and the magnet works maybe 1/10 tries and I've experimented with the settings.

Also the frank lock switches seem pretty finicky and I've had to adjust them numerous times.

Balls get stuck fairly often, but this has been better in the updated code.

The vuc often seems to launch the ball sdtm

Love the art and design of the game, and I'm a big Alice Cooper fan, so I dont regret getting it, but it does feel like I've spent more time tweaking it than playing it. It seems everything I get something dialed in on it a new thing pops up.

I dont have much experience and very low skill with fixing stuff, but ironically I've had more issues with the games I bought new. This and iron maiden

#5299 3 years ago

Was there a reliable fix for the scoop shooting sdtm frequently? I got it to be slightly better adjusting the scoop power settings, but its very inconsistent.

Sometimes goes to left flipper, sometimes right, sometimes sdtm.

I'm a little scared to bend the metal since dont want to risk permanently breaking it

#5304 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I was having problems with the scoop going straight down the middle and/or inconsistent to other flipper with my new game. It was really interfering with gameplay to the point where I had to do something. Very hard to make any actual physical adjustments with the scoop, however a couple weeks ago someone had mentioned on this forum to "grab a vise grip and give it a little twist." Took me a minute to absorb the response, but ultimately that was exactly what made the scoop reliable with every shot...whew.
Lift to playfield, grab a decent sized vise grip, grab onto the scoop (nearest to the playfield you can, watching out for the connections), and give a strong clockwise turn. It will not budge much and it'll be hard to feel as though it moved at all, but that's all it takes to get it reliably to the right flipper with every scoop release.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a shot. Glad I asked, I had read something about pulling the scoop with a vice before, but I was assuming that it the portion above the playfield.

1 year later
#6934 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Here’s a trick that might help someone out ...
Yesterday I had to crack the machine open to adjust the subway switch - sometimes Mystery wasn’t triggering. Just a bend of the switch - back in business.
While I was there, I decided to sort out the ball launch issue I know some have had. Sometimes when you launch the ball, it chatters up the right orbit, and comes back down that side. I knew it’d be pretty simple - just hadn’t had the glass off for a while.
So - diagnosed the issue as the ball occasionally hitting this piece of the orbit rail.
[quoted image]
This was because the left black shooter lane timber rail was a few mm away from the metal launch ramp. Sorry I didn’t take a “before” photo of this ... but it was pretty obvious. There was a gap running up the left side of the launch ramp, between the metal and the timber.
So if the ball launched to the left, the timber rail wouldn’t direct it back to the centre. And it would tag the orbit rail edge on the way past, causing it to lose momentum and go off track — all over, red rover.
So ... I removed the rail (held by 5 wood screws underneath) and repositioned it right next to the launch ramp. Moved it forward just a little, so the screws would have new timber to bite into.
[quoted image]
Problem is solved. Ball flies around the orbit every time.
This might not be the issue with all games, but if you do have this issue, check it out!
rd
PS - check out the playfield! Just like new after hundreds of games. [quoted image]

Sorry to do some reply necromancy on an older post, but I finally got some time to work on my game and I was attempting this fix you identified. I'm having trouble finding the woodscrews you were mentioning holding the black guidelines in place.

I'm only seeing what looks to be one screw that is exposed. Did you have to remove anything else from under the playfield to expose them? Thanks and apologies I'm a noob.

20220109_165929 (resized).jpg20220109_165929 (resized).jpg
#6937 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

I think the rest are under those boards. I also was going to do this fix, but hesitated as I wasn't sure I wanted to remove the boards at the time I was trying to do the fix.

Ya, I was guessing that. I ended up just tugging on the wood guidelines and so far the autolaunch is performing well.

I tried yanking on the left scoop to try to get it to go to the right flipper more consistently on eject and it worked a few times, but back to being pretty random. Also now secret passage shots are frequently going into ball search.

Sigh, I love this game but I don't think I've ever had it working 100%. Every time fix something get a new issue.

3 weeks later
#6973 2 years ago

I finally got a little time to spend dialing in my ACNC and I'm a little worried to jinx myself, but for the first time since I bought the machine everything is working as expected.

Big thanks to rotordave and ChipScott for pointing me in the right direction of resolving the last two annoying issues. My magnet save even magically started working consistently. Had a love/hate relationship with this game from the start with all the issues I've had, so really happy to have everything worked as intended.. for now..

5 months later
#7258 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

My Frankenstein lock switches never worked right from day one out of the box. I have to fiddle with the switches to get them to click again and sense ball locks. Are there improved switches available from Spooky or what's the permanent fix to resolve this? I never play this game as locked Frank shots often aren't detected and I have to end up pulling the glass during a game. Otherwise, everything works fine on my Alice, but those two switches are annoying as hell.

Have had that among many other issues. I love the game and it's beautiful, probably one of my favorite art packages of all time in pinball but I've had endless issues with mine. It's been very whack a mole where I get around to fixing something then play a few games and a new issues pops up. Wash, rinse, repeat.

For the most part it's been things I've been able to fix myself and I'm a total novice with that, but I dont have too much time between work and two young children so I've rarely had the game working at 100%, but I think it is at the moment knock on wood.

I'm trying to stick to horror themes so I'll probably keep it for the foreseeable future as it's unique and will be increasingly rare down the line with only 500 total, but it's been a love hate relationship.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 300.00
$ 14.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Obed_Marsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=Obed_Marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.