(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marvello.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1638 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I keep having balls getting stuck on the guillotine assembly. Anyone else run into this issue?[quoted image]

Probably what you have already tried but worth a look at this video Charlie made if you haven't already.

#1666 4 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

turn down the analog volume on the amp in the cabinet. that will move your digital range lower and better for the home

If it is the same as TNA then there are also pre-amp settings on/behind the monitor. I had to turn mine down there (as recommended by Scott) to give the amp more room to adjust as originally it was too sensitive.

4 months later
#3799 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I did notice a change also, but forgot to mention it. Prior to the code update, the guillotine would always chop the ball on the 2nd and 10th time through. I noticed last night that I hit the guillotine 3 times one game and not once did it ever chop. I did not get to 10 so I don't know if it still chops on 10, but it didn't on the 2nd time through like it used to. It still gave me credit for all the chops though.

Prior to the update mine would never chop the 2nd time, but after the update now it does.

#3802 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

My prior code was 1.0.7.7 which was one of the more recent beta's, so maybe that is why mine chopped and yours didn't? I just noticed last night that it did not chop on the 2nd time through with the new code for me. Ill give it a shot again tonight if I have time, maybe I was in a mode or something...

Makes sense now, mine was 1.0.7.0 previously. Looks like chopping the 2nd time was added 1.0.7.1 - "Chop rewards are at 2/10/20/30 chops"

#3833 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Not sure if new code related but since update I can access menu screen(green button) scroll through using Flippers but when trying to access menu option (green button) does nothing. Need to adjust my magnet save setting.
Anyone else having a problem with this? Thanks. Will email Christopher if just mine.

Yes, this has been a acknowledged and should be fixed in later code. Use the Start button instead of the green button for now.

#3899 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Also for the upper magnet, there is a setting for normal and 'Spooky', anyone know what the difference is ? I do not think I have seen a difference here..

Did anyone have an answer to this? Maybe I'm imagining it but when set to Spooky it doesn't seem to catch the ball half as much as Normal setting.

1 week later
#4025 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

So what is a good compliment to ACNC, meaning a game that is has an easy to understand scoring systems and plays a little easier than normal, as opposed to playing harder than normal, so when my muggle friends come over we can all jam on that together?

What are good suggestions for pins that compliment ACNC in the opposite way do you think?
Thanks.

Munsters?

#4032 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

This is what happens when you blow off work a little bit to get a game in
Only real bad part is that when it happened it made a nice arc right into the clear, and chipped the paint where it is supposed to stick into the playfield..

Mine came loose too. I was intending to superglue it back in place but it plays fine without it so I've left it off for now.

3 weeks later
#4220 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Am I missing something? Are you talking about the dimples on the playfield?

Took me a while to see it as the picture is so dark.

20200315_085430 (resized).jpg20200315_085430 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#4731 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Anyhow, whining off - Frank and diverter are working well, but when releasing the multball, the right ball 'hangs' on top of the ramp. I'm not sure that altering the servo to raise Frank higher would work as it looks like there's not much space from Frank's head to the glass.
Anyone else have a tip?
TIA.

I had a similar issue. Moving the castle wall forward a little helps but looks aesthetically less pleasing. The other thing I did was put one of those sticky foam pads where the ball sits (similar to what you might put under furniture to protect your floor) so that the ball is resting in a higher position. When Frank rises the ball is high enough to now clear the top of the ramp.

1 month later
#4962 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Really? I’ll be damned. Mine never had them I guess. Huh. Okie dokie. Thanks!
Any chance someone could show me a pic of what I’m missing here? Is it something I can rig up with a little foam and two sided tape?

20200718_094300 (resized).jpg20200718_094300 (resized).jpg
#4993 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Seen that issue multiple times now... Wonder if I should just preemptively put some mylar around mine... Or pull it and add some glue?
Always seemed weird that there was just a metal guide there to bash against with no rubber...

Mine came loose the first time I started playing it (3rd owner). I did think about gluing it back but after seeing a few examples where it had scratched the playfield I erred on the side of caution and just removed it. It doesn't seem to make much difference to the Vampire shot/return whether it's there or not.

2 months later
#5316 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Ha! I didn’t realize the speaker panels on my game were “upside down”. I’ll have to look at it more closely.

I prefer it the way you have it (upside down) as the blue trim and purple at the back of the playfield flow nicely through to the green at the top.

5 months later
#6191 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

My left orbit shot has suddenly decided to drain SDTM after exiting on the right side. For two years, it has always come out onto the right flipper, but now goes SDTM every time. I'm guessing the outer orbit metal got bent a bit, so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how you remedied the issue? Much thanks!

This is a quote from Luke a while back:

"Hey guys on that right orbit the ball guide can get bent in slowly through game play if it takes hard shots. If you just carefully straighten it back out a bit it will send a fast shot right to the center of the flipper!"

Mine was hitting the rubber that made it go SDTM, bending the end of the ball guide slightly fixed the issue.

#6192 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I've been having issues with 2 items on game:
1) nearly any shot into the Secret Passage that comes around to the right side goes straight down the middle without fail short of knocking the cabinet 6 inches to the side
2) I keep having issues with the ball going up by Frank and not being recognized by the game. I've tried bending the wire for the rollover but the problem just comes back.

1) See post above (#6191)
2) See post #6088 (Edited with correct number)

#6194 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

6008 is about Pinnovators?

Apologies, #6088

#6195 3 years ago

#6207 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Having trouble with code update. Here's picture of it on usb I've used before without issue.
While game is off I install usb.
Power on game.
Update done almost instantly.
Remove usb.
Power cycle.
Power cycle again cuz it gets hung up during small text left upper screen during boot.
On 2nd power cycle game gets past small text screen boots and shows code 104.
USB now contains code and user and game settings
Unlike this pic when I first started.
[quoted image]

You need to rename the file, removing the (2) so the filename is ac-gamecode.pkg

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realise people had already replied with the answer.

#6218 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Got it fixed... It is that metal guide just pushed it back out and now ball comes down to left flipper.

This is the one I bent a little.

20200125_154627 (resized).jpg20200125_154627 (resized).jpg
#6232 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

i've tried that several times

Post a screenshot of what is on your USB stick. How big is your USB stick? As part of the upgrade process it saves some data like settings and high scores. Is this the first time you have updated this game?

#6235 3 years ago

i've used multiple usb sticks - everything from a 2g-16g. the attached picture is from a transcend 4g stick. Here's a link to a video of the problem. the game goes into an endless loop when booting. Im formatting a 32g to try next.
[quoted image]

Drop Spooky an email, they will be able to advise you - [email protected]

#6244 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

it's service@ spookypinball.com there is no dot between spooky and pinball

It automatically underlined the email address so the dot is in the underline, not the actual email address, but I can see why you thought this. If you click on it, it is correct. I copied/pasted it from your website to avoid any typos, although there is a typo (space) in the email address that you typed

1 week later
#6249 3 years ago

Spooky's wonderful tech support help me through the problem. It's great when a company stands behind their product.

What was the fix in the end? It may help others in future.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marvello.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=Marvello and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.