(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,730 posts
  • 353 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by dnapac
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3082667B-F19F-44F2-A53D-2FF3AFB46DEF (resized).jpeg
75F5E0F6-8A4D-4ABC-9DA5-C306BAA1B386 (resized).jpeg
IMG-2097 (resized).jpeg
IMG-2093 (resized).jpeg
IMG-2096 (resized).jpeg
7A5EB4A3-2CD1-4D92-AD5A-C3FDC12FBEDD.jpeg
BCDF93B2-5FB3-447D-A94D-FE57A937B90A.jpeg
IMG_2046 (resized).JPG
IMG_2047 (resized).JPG
C52E7F66-46EF-4D2C-99C7-96CC870C7404 (resized).jpeg
Screen (resized).jpg
3D (resized).jpg
compare (resized).jpg
937AC85A-5532-4250-9D01-51787DACA4CD (resized).jpeg
55FB6F1D-46DB-4517-B76A-D019B9F80C07 (resized).jpeg
69ABB455-2DC2-41FE-85A6-3066F59C79DF (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (1 year ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (1 year ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (1 year ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (1 year ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (1 year ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (1 year ago)

Post #4753 Weapons list Posted by Tuna_Delight (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Magicchiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1545743494103 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#67 2 years ago

Your Wish is my command!
Magicchiz

New Year (resized).png
3 weeks later
#94 2 years ago

The artist is Zornow must be destroyed.

3 weeks later
#130 2 years ago

See the skulls of the people who have died waiting for their game. Hehe just kidding. I'm still alive. Good thing comes to those that wait!
Magicchiz

FB_IMG_1549515009545 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#171 2 years ago

I've set my date for pick up the week after TPF.

BUTTER cab here!

Magicchiz

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

@Magicchiz loves sharing pics, especially all things Alice. I have no question or concern about seeing a flurry of pics in the near future!

You bet ya. as soon as I get my game. I will share with you guys.
Magicchiz

7 (resized).jpg
#187 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

You bet ya. as soon as I get my game. I will share with you guys.
Magicchiz
[quoted image]

ACNC #18 Butter, picking up this weekend!
Magicchiz

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Agreed, best pics overall so far.
KT has confirmed that ours has passed all QC and is boxed ready to be shipped out this week! Rock 'N F'N Roll!
@magicchiz, we are all excited to see pics of your newest addition as well.

#18 picked up and in transit. Hope to get home Sunday and start the process. Had a great conversation with Charlie and KT. Cant wait to see that butter cab every time I walk by.
Magicchiz

#201 2 years ago

I figure everybody for the most part are on all the Alice threads. I also figure I owe the other thread the most real posts after blowing it up with Alice pictures. So head over and check out the pics of my game.
Magicchiz

20190331_204142 (resized).jpg
#212 2 years ago

Pretty sure it is because that thread existed before this one.
Magicchiz

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Go play it! You do NOT need a shaker though if you buy one. Apparently scott programmed an assload of explosions and bass into this thing...Really dont need a shaker.

Hell if you don't need a shaker. sooo much better when you get the feedback from the modes etc.
Magicchiz

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

You are right, there was alot of shake last night though! That subwoofer... Awesome
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure that came out right. I'm all for the shaker. It's better than the subwoofer.

1 week later
#281 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

My POTC has some dimpling (had it since Nov) but not like this.
Disappointed to hear that it will be months away. It would be appreciated if we could get 'cost' on a spare playfield.
Cliffies or mylar is a requirement should you want this pristine.

Hey, Looking at the playfield. Where do you want a cliffy? Main place I wanted was the scoop. Although unless cliffy just makes a flat one that double sticks to your playfield. the inside of the hole has the scoop in it. so you might be able to get a cliffy on it and then re seat the scoop.. maybe, it looks like it would be tight. At least on my game. For now I used hard as nails to keep dirt off the wood on the angled cut, and mylar right up to the edge on both sides.
Mylar in shooter lane, with a stern kick out protector on wood rail.
magicchiz

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Does it always reboot when you exit the system menu?

Yes

#341 2 years ago

Last time I talked to Chuck, it was under 75 left. But that's been a couple of weeks. I know there is no big rush. Spooky is focused on getting the ones sold, out the door.
Magicchiz

#347 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Anti rattle tape arrived yest. My gitd rings should arrive this afternoon...will update once both are in place. Just wondering if I have to remove the entire upper playfield and ramps to get at the rings and post by the change monster targets.

Haven't even looked, but waiting in anticipation for your report.
Magicchiz

2 weeks later
#479 2 years ago

Can you take a picture of this gate.
Magicchiz

#547 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Opened box at freight dock. No dameage. When I set up game I noticed rails were rubbed pretty bad from the head. Loooked inside head and supports were broken. Looks like it was dropped but box was fine and styrofoam was fine. Looks like should be easy fix with new braces for head and some new head trim and maybe side armor. I’ll talk to distributor. Weird that there was no damage to box. Almost like it was dropped perfectly flat. One of those shock sensor things Jersey jack uses would help for this I would think.
[quoted image]

Boy I hope that wasn't a butter cab.

2 weeks later
#617 2 years ago

Ok guys, I'm putting myself out there again. To show off my latest creation for Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle.

I am a pinball topper guy. I know a lot of you are not, I get it! Although I have high ceilings and love filling that area with something related to the game below

I had a vision of looking up from the game and just like the backglass looking up and seeing the tops of the castle.

I hope seeing these spur some creativity of others to produce some cool stuff for the ACNC game.
Please support the official items from Spooky Pinball Inc. Hopefully there will be some cool stuff coming from Backalley Creations, and other great mod builders.

I made 6 of these for close friends and myself. They were all gifts. I know they all had games. No money changed hand. No I am not making anymore! Only way I'm making another is if Alice wants one.

Again I hope most of you like it. If not oh well. If it spurs one other person to make a mod for ACNC. Then my inspiration did its job.

Hope you like seeing it.

John
Magicchiz

20190520_233833 (resized).jpg
#630 2 years ago

ok guys and girls,

I have gotten a ton of requests for info about the lightning behind the topper.

The projector is a Gemmy Lightning projector see Link below:

https://www.gemmy.com/LightShow_ThunderBolt_Spot_Light_p/73203.htm

In order to project at a close distance. You must remove the round clear dome on it.

I also attached mine behind the topper using a C clamp. Yes, Yes I know I screwed into my game. This game is not going anywhere until I die.
So yes I screwed two holes into the back of my game to mount this cool as [email protected]@T add on to my topper.

Magicchiz

s-l500 (resized).jpg
#691 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Ok... so it is trying to clear as intended, just not getting there. That's better than 1 odd game not doing what all the others are!
Just email those pics over to me and I'll have the production manager look at them in the morning. He's got a couple of fixes for this they use on the line for an occasional ball hang up.

Charlie, this is what happened in my game. I will get with him.
John
Magicchiz

#692 2 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I'm running with the latest code. I just tried it again, and can 100% say it NEVER triggers Frank in the ball search.
I also found out what's happening to get into this situation. When Frank starts, the left ball gets stuck and just sits at the top when it should have dropped down the ramp.
Here's a pic of it: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GSmqgVJ5FS51XJcU9
So what happens is, after draining the other ball, Frank lowers back down, then after about a minute, it does a ball search, I let it go through 6 ball searches and none of them triggered Frank. If I go into the menu then Frank rises and ejects the ball.
Any suggestions on how this should be adjusted so the ball properly drops out of Frank? Thanks!

Hey mine did the same thing. Pm me for now.
Magicchiz

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Well so far I am getting pretty annoyed with the constant ball searches when I have two balls locked. It has a mind of its own its happened a good 4-5 times since I got it.

Sounds like your missing a ball. Where are your balks locked when it does it?

1 week later
#826 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

That would be awesome! I would be willing to purchase songs if that is what it would take. I hate to open that door but I would like more tunes

Most likely not a good idea going to Alice's manager without getting any approval from Charlie / Spooky Pinball. They work really hard at getting licensing and content. I just think if you went to Alice or Shep about the pinball without discussing anything with Charlie you are asking for trouble.

Just my 2cents

Magicchiz

I made a pinball topper but didn't sell any of them, and made sure Charlie had one.

1 week later
#892 2 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

Also remember you can dial brightness way back to keep dark vibe but still get flasher effects.

Just remember there is only two places to hook uv flashers. Speaker lights, and shaker motor.
Speaker lights not recomended.

#900 2 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Are you talking about the Spooky installed speaker lights or 3rd party?
I've never gotten any, so please explain.
Do they interfere with the sound, cause glare on the playfield glass, or jealously with your freinds?

Due to the RGB lighting you cannot hook anything, or add light to the addressable Rgb lights. Best place to hook pinstadium uv flasher is shaker motor.
Jc

#902 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just played the game for over an hour with a buddy of mine. So much fun!!! We played a couple times on co-op mode, but still weren't able to reach the wizard mode.
I still have never seen the guillotine mech in action on my game. When exactly does it come into play? We nailed a couple guillotine shots during the "Alice" mode, but it never grabbed the ball. Do you have to beat the mode?

Yes third shot during mode

#962 2 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

changed my glass over to PDI and it rattles like crazy, does anyone know where to purchase the anti rattle tape from or what brand to get.
cheers

Flipper fidelity sell some that is good.
Jc

#991 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Am also interested in if the shaker is worth it or not. So far it Doesn't seem like it. Would love to hear from folks about this.

I feel the shaker is.

1.If you are using a pinstadium in your ACNC. The get a shaker. It is the best option to hook your flashers on.

2. Mode specific, wherewolf mode, if you hit a red arrow. The wolf attacks you and you get feedback by shaker.

Magicchiz

#1025 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wonder how many games they are able to manufacture in a week right now...

Listen to the new podcast.

#1069 2 years ago

Well today was great. Acnc tournament for the Nebraska League's in Lincoln, and Omaha. Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle #18 got a great showing and event. The Backdrop hid the hallway to the game. When it was time for someone to play. They had to walk thru Frank and Alice to get to the game. After they played they got a photo op with both. Notice Alice's shirt.. Hehe. Then don't forget the cookie! Magicchiz

20190712_213952 (resized).jpg20190712_214005 (resized).jpg20190711_134804 (resized).jpg20190706_012838 (resized).jpg20190713_095057 (resized).jpg
#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Can someone drop a link for the anti-rattle tape? Mine should arrive soon, and I want to have some ready, but I'm not really sure what to buy.

https://flipperfidelity.com/sound/anti-rattle-tape.html

This is what I use on all my games.
Magicchiz

#1117 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was playing a game tonight and all of the sudden I heard a loud buzzing noise. I turned down the volume and quickly discovered that the buzzing was coming from the servo for the lock diverter. It only happens when the diverter is in the left lock position. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a fix?

Go into utilities, servo setting, castle lock left, turn it down. Test make sure it moves in all directions.
Magicchiz

#1177 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I just unboxed my game and there is packing foam on the glass!!! I can’t even play it! Is this a joke? Am I missing something? Would this ever happen in a Stern game??[quoted image]

That is the funniest shit I've seen all year!. Before that I was going to post another Alice Picture!
Magicchiz

#1230 2 years ago

What great mods, Medisinyl. Rgb looks great with the crypt. Crypt goes great with Crypt multiball and cold ethyl. The secret passage sign is great for the newbies playing.

Can't wait to see what's next from Medisinyl. Buy with confidence. Overall great guy.
Magucchiz
Full playfield shots are with camera right in front of my face. To see if the crypt blocked anything. Look to be all good unless you are really short.

20190719_170734 (resized).jpg20190719_170722 (resized).jpg20190719_170706 (resized).jpg
#1298 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, medisinyl has some awesome mods (I will be ordering some of these). Is there any custom shooter rods in the works? I’m a sucker for good custom shooter rods.

You mean custom button?

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I feel like there needs to be some kind of additional sound/lighting effect when you nail the hurry up. With the current code, it's rather anti-climactic, and you barely even know you hit the shot. It's the same with the magnetic ball save. It makes a cool sound when it grabs the ball, but it's completely silent when it flings the ball up.
I'd also like to see something more dramatic when the guillotine is used. The toy isn't used that often in the game, which is completely fine with me, but when it finally does grab the ball, the chop happens too fast. Blink and you'll miss it. It should hold the ball a little longer, building the suspense before the chop. Plus, there should be a more substantial callout/sound/lighting effect right as the chop is made.

I really like this idea, maybe it should be the crowd chanting for his head.
Magicchiz

2 weeks later
#1470 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

To be a bit more clear, it's rattling coming out of the shooter lane.

Review the forum and see how others have altered the coil mount to be flush with the playfield. It helps with the auto shooter issues.
Magicchiz

#1483 2 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

A local operator used them religiously for about a year, but just recently shared he decided to stop using them because of dust and particles always getting trapped underneath. He also mentioned some issues with static buildup I think. They may be a good option for routed games, but when he and I discussed it he basically said there's no reason to put one on a HUO game. He suggested just using mylar in the typical wear areas on a game in order to protect playfields. On Alice, I've only got a mylar on the shooter lane, but I will say I'm open to suggestions on other areas that may need mylar.

I put mylar around the scoop also the ball drop from the upper playfield to the Crypt Lock.

2 weeks later
#1594 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

Hey all, I've owned ACNC for several months now (#49) and just blew my first fuse on the game last night.
It was on startup - just after the progress bar on screen gets to the end, and the servos do their tests, the servo fuse blew.
I checked all the wires for shorts, and everything looks normal...I wasn't tinkering with anything prior to this happening either, so I'm at a loss as to why it continues to blow that fuse on startup every time. Any ideas of what I should be checking?
Thanks!

I have dealt with the servo issues. in back box by fuse is the servo board. Replace fuse. Then pull 2 of the three servo plugs from the board. (Just member where you pulled them from). They need to go back in the same places.
Start game see if it blows a fuse. go to servo test and check for all positions on that servo. If that is not blowing fuses. Next do the same thing pull the one that is working and insert another and do the same thing again and see which one is giving you trouble.

P.s. Frank and frank lock seem to be the easy ones if you need to replace a servo. I have Not even attempted to look at the guillotine.
You can PM me.

Charlie and Chris hope im not stepping on toes here

Magicchiz

if I am wrong on this please say so. - Listen to Charlie and Chris before me!

1 week later
#1641 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Yeah, I did the adjustments in the menu. When I put the top chop position to a higher number, it pushes up on the bottom of the metal ramp, but there is still a gap at the bottom of the teardrop. The plastic piece is angled down compared to the position of ramp. I'll take it apart to see how to get it to level so it is flush with the underside of the ramp.

Let us know, looks like a lot of removal.
Magicchiz

1 week later
#1692 2 years ago

Congrats to Spooky, and the love for Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle.

#33 in the Top 100 on pinside.

Magicchiz

die alice (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#1920 2 years ago

Hope I can say this. Spooky is working on a topper.
Stay tuned.
Magicchiz

1 week later
#2099 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man.
Been freakin ecstatic for 2 years waiting on this. All of a sudden right before Expo I started gettin cold feet. Not sure if it was all these idiots selling their spots or the tight shots, but it doesn't matter. Just paid it off.
Was debating selling but with so little made I think that would be stupid. I can get a MB all day, every day. And I can sell one of my non-rare titles to get it.
My biggest fear recently is that it's all orbit shots, which are my worst shots.
I'm totally wrong, right?

FB_IMG_1538332084677 (resized).jpg
#2236 1 year ago

Happy Halloween!

Magicchiz

FB_IMG_1557284117357 (resized).jpg
#2268 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I didn't think that would work since the GI is RGB controlled

It won't, would have to be hooked to an accessory panel and be on all the time.
Pinstadiums allowed me to add a very low level of light and makes the playfield pop. Also the flasher hooked to the shaker motor allows for a killer light effect based on how hard the shaker hits.

1 month later
#2821 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Has anyone ordered the scary blue powder coat (PC of your own coin door) from Matt at Black Alley? Thoughts?

Yes it great!

20190331_203236 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3185 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Here is a pic from the past showing all the great artwork we never see![quoted image]

This is a rare photo of a early playfield. This is not the full production playfield. Can anyone tell what is different?
Magicchiz

#3215 1 year ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Anyone else install PinStadium Fusions on ACNC? I’m close, but having some difficulty on the RGB tie into the flasher. Or a wiring diagram would be amazing as well!!

My uv flasher on my pinstadium is attached to my shaker motor. if you look back in this thread you should find some pictures.
Magicchiz

#3221 1 year ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Wouldn't this not be wanted because they will just be on the whole time? I've been talking to Scott at Pinstadium and have had a heck of a time installing my regular Pinstadiums. I wrapped the leads around the wire from the GI bulb board but my Pinstadiums are super dim even on 100% on the app. Scott thinks it's not getting a good connection. Would love to see some pics from successful ACNC Pinstadium installs for reference.

You can Not hook to any controlled bulb. They are addressable. It will not work, gi hook up is coin door bulbs. Flasher to shaker motor.
Magicchiz

#3236 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

No, the BULBS are not 'addressable'. They have 4 connections: +5v, R driver, B driver, and G driver. The addressing is all done on the P-ROC's lamp boards.
Don't believe me? Take one plug off a GI and swap it with a nearby lamp. You will notice that the controlling now affects the new lamp, follows the wire. Not the old lamp.
NOW - however, as I mentioned earlier - the lamp boards were NOT DESIGNED to handle high-current. You will fry the drivers on the board. LED only, and low-current ones at that!

Excuse me, they are addressable, yeah I didn't mean the bulb itself. But if you add one to the string it drops one. Now about your Tone of voice in your post.... To the rack you go!

1 month later
#4068 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Got my Alice topper installed. Love it![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I got something from sideshow that it was delayed. When did you get it?
Magicchiz

#4084 1 year ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

Hello,
I'm in, pin n° 215, here in France. Thanks Spooky for that ! ! !
I like Alice Cooper, I like Pinball, I like Alice Cooper Pinball
I've got a small problem today, just after the installation of the last code.
something to do with that I don't really know.
Magna save between the flipper, catch the ball but don't throw it any more on the playfield.
The ball fall in the outhole and shaker goes on.
Is there anything for that in the settings? How to solve this problem?
Thanks so much for your help ^^
http://www.pinballowners.com/lorenz38

What pattern are you using?
Is it bare magnet or with disc mod?
Magicchiz

7 months later
#5236 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Tech issue
Frankenstein stopping going up and down, AND the left ramp lock mechanism stopped turning. I don’t have the time to check right now.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a possible wire that’s come undone?

Check your servo fuse. In backbox bottom rightish.
Magicchiz

1 month later
#5434 11 months ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Took a video this time while the comic book was flipping its pages to the given monster mode, and THIS is the character that keeps catching my eye in the quickly-flipping pages.... Who the heck is this!?
[quoted image]

Looks to me as some page from a comic of Zornow's. He does some pretty explicit gore comics. something added in there to fill the flipping of the comics.
Magicchiz

1 month later
#5623 9 months ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Looking to mod up my Alice Cooper but I have a quick question. The Volcano mod above left ramp, it looks to shine down onto the ramp. Does this cause a problem in modes when the lighting changes from mode to mode. Meaning does this drown out the mode lighting making it hard to tell if the shot is used in mode? If so, can you block the mod light out with black tape on the bottom or something?
Don't get me wrong....super cool mod I just don't want to take away from original lighting used to help rules in game play.
thanks

I took the mod and lightly dry brushed tge bottom with black to dim the bottom some. Still allowing the top to shine. And glow some on the bottom.

2 weeks later
#5691 8 months ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Hey guys...just posting on here before I post an actual sale thread/market place ad that I am going to let go of my ACNC with butter cabinet and custom topper if anyone is interested. The game likely has less than 50 plays on it but I can get exact count if someone is interested. Just feel free to reach out for details. Game also has the butter cabinet upgrade as well as the art blades and speaker lights...fully loaded

Lets see your custom topper!

7 months later
#6690 51 days ago

I want one also
Magicchiz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Magicchiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside