(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingPinGames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Hmmm maybe I need to girlie up my ghost more then just red lipstick.... that's twice I have been called Charlie in 2 days lol

ha. isn't there a ghost in AMH that you could use? looks pretty feminine in the game i own.

9 months later
#74 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

what's a buttered cab?

art is directly printed to the cabinet and then glossed over, instead of decals being applied to the cabinet.

Direct printed "Butter Cabinet" is a $999 upgrade.

2 months later
#202 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I figure everybody for the most part are on all the Alice threads. I also figure I owe the other thread the most real posts after blowing it up with Alice pictures. So head over and check out the pics of my game.
Magicchiz
[quoted image]

I have a tombstone on the playfield.... i feel honored.

4 weeks later
#430 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

The audio cable runs from the display driver on the back of the display to the audio amp... make sure the cable is plugged into the black barrel 1/8" jack (left side facing the game) on the back of the display driver, and at the amp. That cable can come loose in shipping once in a while. We actually have a simple adhesive mount now to prevent that.
And call / email during the day or use the email links on our website for service anytime. Between Chris and I, we get to everyone pretty quick. Even after hours.

I answered within minutes after getting the forwarded email from the distributor this morning. We will get it figured out.

[email protected] is the email to use.

1 week later
#539 4 years ago

I have a couple of spots open in the in the early 200's if anyone is looking to get in "soon." still a little time left to get options ordered too.

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I would like to think I understand this but I don't..... I bought my game from a distributor on the 2nd day after it was released and I got in the 320's. I would of rather waited till now and got in the low 200's. I thought if I got in early I would get a better number than i did if lower numbers are still available. Also I didnt know one distributor would have lower numbers than another. That would of been good to know.

distributors were given an allotment of games that had groups in each batch (so no one distributor would get 50 in a row). I just happen to have a couple available that haven't been sold. i have some numbers in the 300 and 400's too, but they were specific numbers that people asked for and are therefore gone.

3 weeks later
3 weeks later
#903 4 years ago

for the couple of you that are under this number with me, your games are on the line, i just don't ask for payment a month out. if you want to send money you can, but you will get your notice in about 2 weeks.

2 months later
#1577 4 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I'm in a similar boat (except my spot isn't quite up yet). So you weren't forced to cough up the dough yet? Did you order direct from Spooky? Curious to know how that ends up going if you can't afford to pay the balance immediately.

it all depends on your distributor. if you purchase through me (KingPin Games) and are not ready for the game when the time comes, then we just move you down the list a bit (not your number, just you spot in line). Talk with your distributor and see if they can do something for you.

#1592 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Maybe one of your servos is bad and causing the fuse to blow . I would try unplugging the servos and starting up the game , if the fuse doesn’t blow a bad servo is likely the problem.

I officially hand over Spooky Tech support to Doug (see above). That is the same answer i would have given.

#1598 4 years ago

New! Exclusive! Dare I say EPIC mod?

Just kidding, it's just a usb extension ran to the coin door. When you're slightly wider than the space you left between the games, this helps a lot.

10' usb male to female extension cable (around $4 on amazon.

Works great.

And yes, you can load all your p-roc game updates on the same flash drive as the system looks for a specific title to update that specific game (you can also do this with jjp delta updates).

20190831_075240 (resized).jpg20190831_075240 (resized).jpg20190831_075256 (resized).jpg20190831_075256 (resized).jpg20190831_075334 (resized).jpg20190831_075334 (resized).jpg20190831_075339 (resized).jpg20190831_075339 (resized).jpg20190831_075509 (resized).jpg20190831_075509 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#1761 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I was hoping butter would jump me inline, but realize that it will be last...hopefully before January. Can’t wait!

ALL games are scheduled to be built before the end of the year.

3 weeks later
#2041 4 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

I recd my Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle today.Turned it on for the first time and It has no Video and no Sound. The Video screen lights up, goes dark and then says "no signal". The speakers give off a loud cracking sound like they are trying to turn on but I get no sound. I turned it off and back on hoping it would reset. it looked like it was loading data because I saw a progress bar( see photo) but it then it went back to the black video screen and said no signal again. I check all of the connectors and they seem good. Has anyone else experienced this? Also the top of the back box has unfinished nail holes- very unsightly.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Start by checking the HDMI cable from the CPU to the display panel. make sure it secure. if that looks good, then (with the game on) use your finger to locate the "power button" on the CPU. it is located under the barrel plug connector in the lower right corner of the CPU board. push this button and see if it comes on.

otherwise, you can email [email protected] and they can assist you more.

2 months later
#3078 4 years ago
Quoted from GvikenL:

Anyone worried support and updates for this game will fall by the wayside due to the response for “Rick and Morty”? I wasn’t initially but damn that thread is lit up. Has me concerned.

I (or someone else) answer every email that comes into [email protected]. What kind of support issues are you having?

1 week later
#3268 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hey all.
Ran into a bit of an issue with my Alice Cooper machine this evening. The machine continually fails to start up and is in a constant restart loop. One of the the phrases it keeps saying is “Started Getty on tty1”. It then goes to the loading screen, the loading bar populates and then it simply restarts.
I have a tourney tomorrow and need this machine up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am hoping someone else has had a similar experience and knows how to fix it.

I would start by downloading the latest code and reload the software.

www.SpookyPinball.com/game-support

1 week later
#3377 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I'm still looking for an ACNC. I have a very nice MBrSE for trade. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-monster-bash-special-edition-20#post-5407132
I've had two people make a straight up trade offer but both of you guys were 14+ hours away. Shucks... if anyone is in the Northeast, it'd be easier.

I have a few new in box Alice cooper's in stock. 2 with plastic protectors and 1 with plastic protectors, interior art and scary blue powder coat. If you end up selling your mbr outright let me know.

[email protected]
Christopher

#3385 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Luke at Spooky sent me this list:
Flipper rubbers
Post Sleeve-6
3/8"OD-2
3/16"-5
5/16"-4
1"-3
1 1/2"-5
2"-2
2 1/2"-2

10x - 3/8" Bumper Post Rings
2x - 2-1/2" Rubber Rings
This is for the lower slings. 2” or 2-1/4” can be used to further minimize the risk of balls
getting stuck behind these slingshot rubbers.
3x - 2" Rubber Rings
1x - 1-1/4" Rubber Ring
5x - 1" Rubber Rings
3x - 1-1/16" Thin (Stern Compatible) Rubber Post Sleeves
1x - 5/16" Bumper Post Ring
2x - 3/8" OD Mini Post Rubbers
2x - Flipper Rubber - Standard Size – Purple
1x - Flipper Rubber - 1" Mini Size – Red

This is the current list that I have. Mostly the same.

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Are all 500 sold now, or are there still some free in the Spooky queue? Had a league night today and had a few people inquiring.

Yeah, I have a few left in my allotment if anyone is looking. They were just boxed up a couple weeks ago and are ready for a first home!

#3416 4 years ago

the basic manual is in it's final stages. it shouldn't be more than another week or so (just double checking wiring, spelling and other items.

on a side note, this is not going to be a JJP manual as I do not do this for a living. I put in what I think people need the most, but i am open to (constructive) criticism.

#3418 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

You're writing it? Bad ass ... Good to know and would be more than happy to edit/review if needed.

"technically" Chris from Spooky is writing it since he is the one that helps out with the Spooky tech support, but since I am also that person, then yes, it is me.

#3420 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Jeez, I'm not surprised that ya'll at Spooky have Multiple Personality Disorder..

yeah, and they all have huge... egos.

#3431 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Went back to my bulb that tends to stay red when it should be green or blue and reseated connectors at the lamp and the board...still doesn't work correctly.
coyote (or anyone else), Is it safe to assume I need to order a new bulb as the next step in my troubleshooting process?
Gracias!

since they are all the same bulb, i would remove another one and try it in the bad one's spot first. this way you will be able to determine if it is the bulb or something else.

#3440 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

the basic manual is in it's final stages. it shouldn't be more than another week or so (just double checking wiring, spelling and other items.
on a side note, this is not going to be a JJP manual as I do not do this for a living. I put in what I think people need the most, but i am open to (constructive) criticism.

so, here it is.

Pinside rule #1 "Be Nice!"

ACNC Manual (1).pdfACNC Manual (1).pdf
#3442 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

** Notice this line on page 8....
In each room there are items you can collect that will help with your monster battle later on. Item collection logic is in, but graphics/sfx/effects are still being worked on. It needs to set it up so items are represented as specific color on the arrows,
and there will also be info boxes on the screen eventually.
** Item logic is in **

line updated (and removed). new instance of the manual was uploaded. the gameplay explanations were taken from two different sources. I read through them to consolidate but didn't catch everything.

Thank you for looking it over.

#3444 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It's still there. I just re downloaded it.
So are you saying this is not the case then?

i removed the line "Item collection logic is in, but graphics/sfx/effects are still being worked on. It needs to set it up so items are represented as specific color on the arrows, and there will also be info boxes on the screen eventually."

perhaps you there was still an older version in the cache. i just double checked it. was there a different line you were referring to?

#3478 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

THANK you, by the way!

it was actually your diagram and sheet that gave me the motivation to get it finished. it has been done for a bit now, but need to be proofed and verified. Rick and Morty (I still want to call it Haunted House Party) did delay that a bit.

Thank you!

#3484 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My wife and I love the JJ Pirates and Dialed In rules posters you made. She even covered our vacation photos with them on the wall. I was hoping this was another one of those.

Ha, I didn't make those, I just took what JJP offered and put my logo on it.

#3489 4 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Hi
I’m considering this pin for purchase.
Love the theme and the dots and art.
But I have read in the reviews and in this topic some issues.
What do you the owners think about the game. Thanks for your help in advance.
Bart

i have a couple in stock and ready to go. both stock and ones with interior art and scary blue powdercoat.

[email protected]

#3499 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

Well, today my guillotine stopped in the down position. The blade is down and the little foam platform that lowers down to simulate the ball being chopped is also in the lower position but still in the position where it holds the ball. Basically when I chopped the ball it did not let the ball go and now the ball is stuck there. (I got the ball out but the guillotine is still stuck in this position which means I can't play).
Also, Frank is stuck in the up position.
I'm an IT guy. I tried restarting the machine but that did nothing.
Any ideas out there?
This stinks. I am not a hard core pin guy and I really go no business doing much inside this machine...

shoot an email over to [email protected] if you don't get it figured out.

#3536 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yah, that was my thought perhaps - the difficulty level is what adjusts this.
May talk with @kingpingames and see about getting descriptions for settings up in the manual, a-la 90s WPC manuals.

It's on the agenda once code is polished up.

#3539 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Ah, good. I have a screenshot to share with you later this weekend. May be helpful.

for sure. thank you

#3604 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Update on this...after reseating cables and then swapping cables between the sling bulbs, the top one ALWAYS fails to light correctly when it should be green or blue (stays pink/red). So, I am guessing that next logical step in the trouble shooting process is to order some bulbs from PBLife...

correct, the next step would be to get a replacement(s) board from pinball life.

https://www.pinballlife.com/p3-roc-single-rgb-gi-pcb-assembly.html

#3653 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Sounds like it ain’t gonna be that big after all. I like the game regardless

Fixing the memory leaks is not big, it's HUGE! The amount of time and effort that has been put forth by the team is outstanding. With this out of the way it leave the door open for future game enhancements.

#3829 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Make sure after you replace fuse, that none of the servos (three of them) are binding. These can be adjusted if they are in servo settings. If it's defective (I had one that was), contact Spooky. They will send a replacement servo and instructions on repairing it.

Yep, working on getting a new servo out now. In case it isn't said enough..., as tech support for spooky (and other) I TRULY APPRECIATE everyone's willingness to help out in the threads. I sometimes get behind and it really helps when you guys step in.

Thank you

#3940 4 years ago

When does joining the club become official? When you make the payment or when the game arrives?
If it's the former, then I'm official as of now. Wooo!
Thanks kingpingames

Thank you. should ship out tomorrow

#3955 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Just wanted to give Pinnovators a big thumbs up. Got their new Spooky kit for ACNC and it works beautifully!
Took me about 40 minutes to install with taking my time and was easy to do. Now I have volume control on the door, headphone capabilities, and can mute the cabinet speakers with the flick of a switch. They also have a sub out feature but I didn't need that.
Anyway, they installed it to my powdercoated bill slot cover for no extra charge, otherwise they would have sent me a black cover as part of the kit.
Just wanted to give them a thumbs up review because now I can play ACNC while my daughters are studying and while my wife is playing Scared Stiff or WOZ. Before, I would get yelled at because.ACNC was "too loud" even while at 1... lol[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that looks great. i would love to see a female usb port included for updating games too if possible.

#3993 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Awesome! Thanks zukram!! Looks like I just need another post screw for the bottom part.

Sorry about that. Looks the email was stuck in my outbox.

Yes. You are missing the screw that goes underneath the plastic.

#4035 4 years ago

NUMBER 202 IN THE HOUSE![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks great!

2 months later
#4527 3 years ago

Code update day!

https://www.spookypinball.com/acncupdate/ac-gamecode.pkg

12/MAY/2020
V1.1.0.1
General - Easy/Medium/HArd removed. Get now progressively gets harder
General - Animations are being reencoded for higher resolution and clarity
General - Menu settings font size changed
General - Menu settings replay incremental value now uses millions
General - Bonus credits were not being added
General - Ball save timers obey whats in settings
General - Ball search better handles left castle lock missed switch situation
General - Menu system ball drain on save issue resolved
General - Getting only a mode highscore would not reset the autoend timer properly
General - Upper lane switch animations added
General - Traveling out of kitchen to laboratory was marked as an invalid travel in error
General - Score display using wrong images after BDB started for a player
General - Coil test working again. Start to run repeated test, menu button to immidiately test fire coil
General - Skillshot hit to front drop target with ball lock would not start crypt mode
General - LED system was updating too fast
General - Skillshot quick animation transitions better to main display
Wolf - Display updated with wrong screen after shotgun load
Status - Normal game display is now one of the displays
Alice - 3rd chop wasn't telling left scoop to ignore frenzy shot if ball takes subway
BDB - Combo effects removed while in mode
BDB - Ramps would double trigger on slow roll
BDB - upper lane save routine was overriding multiplier light
BDB - "THE TOWER" missing when cashout timer was running
Crypt - Crypt music now plays after monster hurryup is crypt mode is still running
Ethyl - Frenzy jackpot animations added
Igor - Playfield eyes pulse in conjunction with direction
Fly - You now hear buzzing coming from a room
Items - Rooms now have items to collect depending on the monster you are locked to

#4547 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Removed the usb and rebooted the game feels like it’s been at this screen for like 10 minutes. Is that correct? Does the update take a long time ?[quoted image]

definitely reboot the game with the USB drive in it and let it do the update again.

if you have any issues shoot me an email

[email protected]

8 months later
#5857 3 years ago

did you release the code yet?

when is the code release?

is it out yet?

1 week later
#5984 3 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

If anyone is following along, a software reinstall fixed it. It doesn’t make any sense to me but who cares at this point!
Also a HUGE thanks to Christopher at Spooky. He was in contact several times on a Sunday looking at video and photos and finally got me back up and running with the reinstall suggestion.

Wonderful. Their tech guys are great!

1 week later
#6039 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Spooky ever going to release a decent manual for this machine?

What information are you looking for?

3 months later
#6404 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Spooky’s customer service is TOP NOTCH. I had some issues with my ACNC topper and they took all the time in the world to help me even though I was the second owner of the game. AP is also top notch when it comes to customer service. Stern, not so good. And JJP is despicable. From now on I’m only buying games from Spooky and AP. For all we’re spending on new pins these days if a company won’t be there to stand behind their product I want nothing to do with them.

You should really find a good distributor to deal with that can handle 99% of your needs for tech support. There are a few of them out there that can help you after the sale is over.

#6407 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

My ACNC was a private sale from a fellow Pinsider. But I agree with you. I thought I had a dependable distributor here in Florida, but when I called him interested in getting a GNR LE back in October he never called me back though I called 4 times and left messages. I’d want a distributor more reliable than that.

It all depends on what you are looking for in a distributor. If you need someone to deliver and install the game, do maintenance, have the ability to trade in games, then you will need a local distributor. On the other hand, if you are capable of all of the above and need someone that answers the phone when you call, does their own tech support (and possibly even tech support for some companies), and will be upfront and honest with you, then let us know.

www.KingPinGames.net
[email protected]

we are authorized distributors for

Stern
Jersey Jack
Chicago Gaming
Spooky
American Pinball

Raw Thrills
Incredible Technologies
Namco home sales
and many more.

3 weeks later
#6443 2 years ago

I have two games available in my allotment still if anyone is looking.

plastic protectors, interior graphics, knocker, shaker, speaker kit, target decals, blue powder coat, coin box and lid, and powder coated coin door.

Selling price

$7235 plus shipping and any applicable sales taxes.

#6451 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have two games available in my allotment still if anyone is looking.
plastic protectors, interior graphics, knocker, shaker, speaker kit, target decals, blue powder coat, coin box and lid, and powder coated coin door.
Selling price
$7235 plus shipping and any applicable sales taxes.

one gone. one left.

#6452 2 years ago

sorry, double post

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 300.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingPinGames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=KingPinGames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.