(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 minutes ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DJNOEL30.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Can someone.eone share their amp settings. Like share a picture. Just opened my game today and almost unplayable because the subwoofer is constantly rattling the glass. I don't want to mess anything up.
Never mind, turned down subwoofer on amplifier and all is well. Found the music test and that was a good gauge...all is well.

Turn down all the amp levels and then turn the volume all the way up. Then make your adjustments to the amp and turn the volume down to resealable level and you should be good with no clipping.

1 week later
#378 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Thanks. I ordered the thin post sleeves and going to change them out. The glow effect really adds in the upper playfield, really makes it look creepy.
In other news, made it to 6 monsters last night (only defeated 2 of them). What a rush! Quick tip, sometimes I just can't seem to hit an orbit, so skill shot, mystery scoop, and secret passage really help to give secondary ways to start modes. Plus, starting Frank will really give you some confidence and will end frustration of not being able to start a monster mode. Plus, his mode is just fun with a killer song!
Finally, kudos to the sound effects department. I love hearing the squeals of the insects when I smash them.

Can you post the link to where you got the glow in the dark rubbers?

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Titan pinball. I got the silicone bands. They are easier to clean (just wipe with a cloth) and supposedly last longer. I have them on some of my games and they play the same in my opinion.

Oh OK, I went to Titan and searched for ACNC specifically and it said the kit was not available yet

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

On page 7 of this forum I posted the ring sizes and quantities. I got the info directly from Spooky. You can put your order together yourself, just make sure you choose thin Stern post sleeves and select glow in the dark, or color of your choice. FYI, list did not include flipper rubbers if you want to add those.

I was able to get all the right ones with LockWhenLit, Rob was real quick to help me out. He's sending them to Spooky just in time for when the game gets on the line. Thanks for posting the pics, you did a great job it really looks good!

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Changed to Titan thin post sleeves (listed as Stern thin post sleeve). Much better. Trying out glow in the dark flipper rings as well. Didn't look as good on top silver one.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The flippers look way better!

1 week later
#506 4 years ago

Just paid in full, should have it in the house in about 2 weeks #97

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Seems a bit optimistic. I'm 87 and I paid my distro a few weeks ago, hasn't shipped yet. Hopefully soon though, starting to get impatient.

I bought mine straight from Spooky, I don't know how the distributor piece is figured on delivery. I was told 2 weeks earlier today.

3 weeks later
#635 4 years ago

#97 will be in the house between 9am-1pm tomorrow!

#647 4 years ago

Well that’s a first, dude wouldn’t help me take it up the stairs to the game room for extra cash... Great, now I have to wait till my neighbor gets home!
32D5AAEB-66D7-48FC-AE1C-C351BABDC462 (resized).jpeg32D5AAEB-66D7-48FC-AE1C-C351BABDC462 (resized).jpeg

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Ugh, that sucks. What number do you have?

#97 The dude didn't want to get fired if something happened even though it was a straight shot up. I assured him he would be fine and no dice... The carrier must have read the riot act to someone.

#654 4 years ago

Good to go..

09753DA1-2D34-425C-93DB-2907C1C39E87 (resized).jpeg09753DA1-2D34-425C-93DB-2907C1C39E87 (resized).jpeg30BC4A5D-B960-436D-8A79-70D1D2684B42 (resized).jpeg30BC4A5D-B960-436D-8A79-70D1D2684B42 (resized).jpeg4B956CC1-D3F7-409C-B81B-B55A92C346F8 (resized).jpeg4B956CC1-D3F7-409C-B81B-B55A92C346F8 (resized).jpeg650B4EC4-58C7-4053-BA4C-C0E5F3173F35 (resized).jpeg650B4EC4-58C7-4053-BA4C-C0E5F3173F35 (resized).jpegA8BBBB65-FFAD-446F-A329-6EB5B4AE67F3 (resized).jpegA8BBBB65-FFAD-446F-A329-6EB5B4AE67F3 (resized).jpegD75D5A63-76E0-4984-BB50-0421FF8E2C36 (resized).jpegD75D5A63-76E0-4984-BB50-0421FF8E2C36 (resized).jpegF6722DA6-04D5-4F28-A74E-0A48B40E821A (resized).jpegF6722DA6-04D5-4F28-A74E-0A48B40E821A (resized).jpeg
#658 4 years ago

By the way, the glow in the dark green rubbers I got from LockWhenLit are a must.. The all green really enhances the look..

#662 4 years ago

Nothing on the shaker so far.. It seems like the sub is super sensitive though more so than TNA.

Love everything about the game but the call outs I’m sorry to say are super choppy. The call-outs don’t seem to blend with the music and some of the programmed sounds seem like the levels are just right and some sounds the levels are too low. When blended all together it just doesn’t sound right.

Can anyone confirm if there are code fixes coming in the sound? Also, from a lighting perspective their needs to be more their at the very start. Once the game gets going and you start a mode the light and sound interaction from the play field is great. Unfortunately I only got a handful of games in my 6 year old took up a lot of it and now we are off to Disney, When I come back Thursday I’ll put more plays in and come back with more feedback.

Leigh Macneil

#667 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

They look killer! I'd love to order these for both ACNC and GBLE. Can you share the size and quantity details?

I can’t find the link but the guys name is Rob and he had a full kit with extras that he sent over to Spooky and they installed them. Here is the email I have:

mailto:[email protected]

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Have you adjusted the audio with the amp in the cab? Can adjust the sub separately, crossover, and bass/treble. Should be able to fix some of what you're describing. Game sounds good to me, but needed some adjusting upon arrival.

I know how to adjust the amp it’s the same as my TNA, it’s definitely not that. It is the individual sounds that are programmed into the game.

1 week later
#717 4 years ago

Well so far I am getting pretty annoyed with the constant ball searches when I have two balls locked. It has a mind of its own its happened a good 4-5 times since I got it.

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Sounds like your missing a ball. Where are your balks locked when it does it?

Nope, I got all 4 in the game. One was in the crypt the other in frank. I have to shut the game off and start it up again to reset it.

#726 4 years ago

Whats the best pitch to get this game at, I am having a hard time with these shots and the ball bouncing on the flippers when trying to cradle. I have gone up and down and can't figure out where to dial this in.

#728 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Earlier it was posted that the factory tested at 6.7

I have it there now, none of my other games bounce the ball when I try to cradle it. Any other suggestions, all my other games are at 6.5 but when I set Alice to 6.5 it makes all the shots on the upper play field wonky.

#730 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

It could be that you are used to different flipper rubbers. Try Titan bands I think if you want more control. These rubbers are indeed a bit more bouncy.

I switched them out with the glow in the dark LockWhenLit rubbers..

#735 4 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I settled in at around 6.25 as I found that allowed for back handing the left ramp and gave me a bit more control in general, especially on the upper pf. I also juiced up the flipper power to my liking (in particular the upper pf flipper).
P.S. I toyed with a variety of angles from ~6.0 to ~7.5.

What do you have the flipper power set to? I'll give the 6.25 a go later today and see how that works.

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey man if you call during the week or email us anytime we will get it fixed right up for you! More than likely just the frank switch adjustment. Little tweak and you will be back in action.

Thanks I will do that! On side note the added action on the lighting with the new code is right on point! Also, not sure if my feedback had any influence but I definitely notice a better balance between the call outs and the music.. I'm only 5 games in on the new code I like it so far..

#801 4 years ago

Hey all, Lucas walked me through the Ball Search issue with Frank.. The back story is every time I locked a ball in Frank the machine would not launch a ball and go into constant ball search. Little bend of the switch behind Frank fixed the problem..

#821 4 years ago

Well looks like the 6.7 is working well, got the ball search problem squared away and now the game playing very well. The shots are definitely tight, I find myself struggle on those orbit shots. Not sure if this is a bug but every mystery shot is to advance to monster, any thoughts as to why that would be the case or is that another code tweak needing to be done?

1 week later
#853 4 years ago

This is a cool game in a lot of ways, however this game is geared more to the near-pro or higher pinball player. I feel I'm more a middle of the road player at best, however this game is a pretty tough game relative to my other games and I am including TNA in that pool. I'm probably not going to hold on to this one very long..

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I'm going to try to stay positive about my potential ability to play the game I put a deposit on.
I was having a disastrously bad day on EVERY machine at my friend's venue the other day.
So I'm going to go back and use a whole roll of quarters on ACNC this weekend and then make a decision on what to do.
Hopefully it goes well : )
Otherwise it's going to be a bad situation dealing with the deposit thing one way or the other : (

If I could have got my deposit back a long time ago I probably would have backed out when the delays got out of control. I have been giving the game the best chance though and it does not disappoint on looks, sound and lights with the new code update. Even though TNA is an unforgiving game it's not too complicated for a beginner to figure out and have an enjoyable experience. ACNC loses its joy when you struggle to get those orbits just to get the mode started and so far the feedback on the game has been "Meh".. TNA and MonsterBash LE get all the play in my house and not so much with ACNC.. I've been putting on a handful of plays every day since I got it and I still have only been able to complete 3 monsters. I also have it at the easiest possible setting hahaha. The usual Pinsiders would probably say "play Pinball better" but I'm just not that heavy into game mastery, I am more interested in game enjoyment regardless of skill. I don't want to discourage you, you might find yourself loving the game for it's complexity..

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

And that’s perfectly fair. I’m sure someone would love to trade you a Munsters premium for your acnc. At the end of the day, being worried about difficulty before you flip the game is silly regardless.

I got a lot plays in on Musters at TPF and it just didn't fly for me, I'm keeping my eye out for other titles though that's for certain.

#877 4 years ago

Let me be clear on something, the game is not a flop. The game is designed to do what it is designed to do and I believe they are pretty much all sold so my opinion on this is just that. Someone mentioned up top that it was good the game didn’t play like Monster Bash which I find interesting out of the five games I have in my house (ACNC, MB, TNA, Gorgar,Vertigo) my MB LE gets fought over the most especially with the kids and their friends to the point where I hear kids in the back yard yelling “Oh no not the moon” as they chase each other out back. I played ACNC at a few shows prior with barely any lights and limited call outs not enough for anyone to make a purchase decision. I jumped on putting my deposit in day 1 solely off my TNA experience because that game has been great even though it is also difficult. The key to TNA staying in the house is A: It’s a damn fun game and B: I don’t have to spend a half hour explaining TNA rules to someone that wants to flip it. Maybe that’s my issue, Pinball does not have to be loaded with all these layers and tight shots to have lasting enjoyment. I took a leap of faith with ACNC, I’m not as enthusiastic about the game at this point as I hoped I would be. However, the game is still a hit so take my opinion with a grain of salt and make your assessment when you’ve got a chance to play it.

#918 4 years ago

Well I will say that Co-Op has improved my enjoyment of the game so who ever recommended that thanks..

#923 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Co-op is super rad just got done playing co-op with my nephew . We played for about 2 hours . He is totally into this game now , he kept saying one more game . We really wanted to make it to the end but the best we did was 6 monsters , we both had a lot of fun though and I’ Sure we can make it the wizard mode together sometime.

You know I never looked in to the Co-Op mode I thought it had to do with teams I didn't think of it as a continuation of the game. I made to reactor 8 on TNA yesterday using Co-Op I have never made it out of reactor 4 on a single player game. This is a great feature for average players to explore the games story line and advanced features.

2 weeks later
#1094 4 years ago

OK, I have come to the conclusion that this game is just not for me. I will be putting it up for sale for $7,000(firm), it's number 97. It has mirror blades, blue powder coat, glow in the dark green rubbers all around with extras, Spooky PinGulp, Shaker, Knocker, Lighted Speakers and Plastic Protectors. The game is beautiful it's just meant for a higher level pinball player and I am not that guy. I would consider a trade possibly, it would need to be a clean HUO game for me to consider a trade.

If you are in Texas and you are itching to get this game hit me up..

AC1 (resized).jpgAC1 (resized).jpgAC2 (resized).jpgAC2 (resized).jpgAC3 (resized).jpgAC3 (resized).jpgAC4 (resized).jpgAC4 (resized).jpgAC5 (resized).jpgAC5 (resized).jpgAC6 (resized).jpgAC6 (resized).jpg
#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Butter cab?

No butter, sorry.

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I might take it.

I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area, hit me up and let me know!

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 14.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 300.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DJNOEL30.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=DJNOEL30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.