(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Completist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1393 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Does anyone have the price of the options for the game? I used to have them but cant find them anymore.

67244697-4718-4B1F-BC58-4DACB6C072FB (resized).png67244697-4718-4B1F-BC58-4DACB6C072FB (resized).png
2 weeks later
#1501 4 years ago

Got my notification from Spooky today. My game is ready

#1512 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

What # ?

Mine is 210.

2 weeks later
#1648 4 years ago

210 arrived last Thursday, but didn't get to set it up until Sunday evening. Had a few friends over for the unboxing. Nay sayers became sayers, expectations exceeded. What a great game and lookin good in my little Spooky row.

9B536698-3A41-4116-97F8-65F2BAAEA82A (resized).jpeg9B536698-3A41-4116-97F8-65F2BAAEA82A (resized).jpeg126CC866-E815-4C37-9ADB-A97F86FAE85C (resized).jpeg126CC866-E815-4C37-9ADB-A97F86FAE85C (resized).jpeg
#1688 4 years ago

#1714 4 years ago
Quoted from TakingupSpace:

Curious if ACNC comes with leg protectors or, if not, anyone adding those and if so what kinds?

They come already installed.

2 weeks later
#1843 4 years ago

I have completely forgotten i have other pins. ACNC gets all the attention even though it kicks my ass most of the time. Can’t wait for the next “only have room for one pin - which one?” thread....

3 months later
#3775 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

New code installed but now magnet is not working properly on ball saves. It now just holds it for a second and drops it. Is there a setting adjustment I can make to help this?Never had problems with the magnet before.
Thanks

Had the same issue. Original and Pattern 1 grabbed the ball fine but then just dropped it into trough. Pattern 2 seems to be working for me now.

4 months later
#4874 3 years ago

I have been less terrible this past week. I raised my flippers slightly to line up with the holes in the pf (Yeah those alignment holes) rather than parallel to the inlane Ball guides like i normally do. This was recommended to me by @coyote. HUGE difference. I used to find getting up either staircase stoopid difficult and even the orbits were a challenge. Now i’m hitting them more consistently, and no longer dread Alice or vampire modes. Basically that small adjustment made the game feel less tight and it flows a lot better now.

Made it to BDB. No, not just because I adjusted the flippers. I played a 4 player coop by myself. Don’t tell me you haven’t done that lol. Still a thrill to make it there. Had some wicked balls along the way and even left a few balls on the table. The proverbial table of course - not calling the game a table that use just irritates me haha.

Anyway just thought i’d share that tip.

#4878 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So, you aligned the back edge of the flipper with the alignment hole?
I might make that adjustment... I also ordered some Titan rubbers to try and eliminate the bounciness of the game.

Yes i aligned the back edge without rubbers to that hole. I have this metal stabby thing i’m pretty sure was originally intended to use to truss a turkey. it fits in those holes perfectly, but a round toothpick would work to.

I had previously installed Titans on the flippers and found it made an improvement in terms of ball control. I have left the rest of the rubbers as is though. If i get to the point i find the game too easy (bwahahaha) i will put the PBL ones back on.

#4899 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Be curious to see what you find.
Per this post: https://beta.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/82#post-5488497
titan_pinball 's "Verified" sticker means absolutely f*cking nothing, as it's still 'modified' and changed as per the set's owner's whim.
I want to replace the rubbers on mine too, and once you post your list, I'm curious to compare it to my game.

Yeah i think “verified” is by anyone else who agrees with the list. Kinda like My Fitness Pal where nutritional info can be verified and still look nothing like the label..

I’m thinking of ordering up some post rubbers so i can continue to improve on my “Post Champion” and “ Brick Champion” scores

3 weeks later
#4966 3 years ago
Quoted from Imotep:

Hi guys,
Any advice on the Magna save? Mine doesn’t work well, it will grab the ball and then a second later stop and just drain, had never brought it back in play before
Cheers
Tep

Have you tried the different magnet patterns? There are 4 different ones. Every update i have to use a different pattern.

Depending on your build date you may have a resistor in line with the magnet. Later builds removed it. Spooky posted a video (i watched it on youtube) on a few different ways to bypass it.

1 month later
#5169 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So brutal when you’re in brick mode on that game. Haha.

My initials would be in for both “Brick Champion” and “Post Champion” if those achievements were available haha

#5174 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

I’ve had the game since December and I feel like I’m constantly on the search fir the perfect settings on this game. I can’t keep tracking the logic. Do the flippers need to be set to strong to have the correct momentum to nail those orbits or does it need to be less strength? Any opinions? Those damn orbits are so crucial but so tricky!

Try adjusting the flipper angle. I moved mine closer to being lined up with the playfield alignment holes (rather than parallel to the inlane guides). Huge improvement for my game.

#5185 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Theres the confusion. You had to adjust yours TO STOCK.
I assumed the other recommendations were to adjust them to something other than stock.
Line them up with the flipper alignment holes like the designer intended and all will be well.

Yes -mine were too low from the factory so i used the flipper alignment holes and voila started making more shots. I’m not saying i’m nailing every shot but i saw a huge improvement on making the staircases. I used to hate Alice and Vampire modes. I no longer avoid those

Also i no longer get any SDTM or require desperate saves off the end of flipper coming down from the left orbit. It wasn’t a huge adjustment either.

3 months later
#5550 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

How do I find out what # of game I have? Is the original box the only way?

I’m game 210. It is part of the serial number.
0FBE579D-0184-47AC-AD94-8134471303EF (resized).jpeg0FBE579D-0184-47AC-AD94-8134471303EF (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#5719 3 years ago

Doesn’t the new code have an info screen that shows you which weapon is available in which room for what monster? Saw that in a recent Bowen YouTube vid.

#5730 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

So does everyone else's scores and stats get wiped every time you do a code update? I forgot to backup my stats (again) and after the update, everything was reset.
I was pissed but then managed to put up my highest score yet on the first game. So there's that... Lol

There would of been a text file dumped to your USB which has some good info. I like to keep track of games played so I have an accurate record of lifetime games played.

1 month later
#6089 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I had this problem forever with my left frank switch to the point I almost just replaced the switch with a new one. Best described as a "lazy switch" because it is adjusted properly and works til I don't play awhile then the first hit won't register but wakes the switch up to work properly each shot after.
I feel like even at the resting position the switch arm was slightly pushing down the button on the switch and it would settle during the time of not playing to the point the button wouldn't click on first hit but that would move the arm and reset it.
I propped the playfield up in the back and removed the switch from the bracket, made sure back of switch arm was clearing button at rest but fully pressing in action. ( Putting it back in bracket will compress it down a bit)
And have not had anymore problems since. Haven't played it in a few since I got R&M but played a game before I wrote this to confirm it's working great first time every time now
[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting - i have had this issue the odd time as well. As you say, it only happens on the first Frank shot and definitely not on every game. Long ball search to clear it and you get no credit for the shot. Next time my game is opened up ima gonna have at look at this. Cheers.

3 weeks later
#6182 3 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

Mine used to throw it up to the Change Monster standups with the stock settings. Now after the update it is very weak. I'll mess with it but something was changed in the code, maybe to make it better for others....

I have had to change the pattern after every update. There is always one that seems to work for me though. I still haven’t bothered to bypass my resistor yet.

1 year later
#7169 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Tried both patterns and does the same thing. I will add, the previous owner put a sticker over the magnet. What does ‘magnet resistor on/off’ do?

Both? Isn’t there 4 patterns?

Games were originally produced with a resistor in line with each magnet. Later games they omitted them. You can bypass it (cut it out and resolder wires). I think that setting is telling the game if its in or not. Setting to “no” will not disable it. You physically have to remove it. There is a YouTube video by Spooky on this.

1 week later
#7186 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Anyone have both acnc and ehoh? Having a hard time deciding which game to go for.

I’ve owned both since new and they are still in the lineup. I don’t see me getting rid of either tbh.

EHOH: fan layout, shots are straight forward and nothing difficult to hit. Which is ok, it allows you to advance through the game deeper and this is a deep game. Campy and fun and i love it.

ACNC: unique layout. upper playfield has lots to do. Shots are toight. In fact when it was first released i wasnt too interested based on all the chatter about that. Then i did something crazy and did my own research and played one and it was a done deal. Once you dial in your shots they are all consistently makable. And satisfying. I tweaked my flipper angle a touch to dial in the orbits which is important if you want to play any modes (its a mode based game). Don’t get me wrong, i am still “Post Champion” AND “Brick Champion” on my game. But i keep going back to it. Can’t beat a Spooky sound system. I grew up in the 80’s as an Alice fan owning all his albums.

I was never a modder. I just preferred using that $$ to buy more games. Both of these games have been given the Medisinyl treatment. I even did something i never thought i’d do and bought a topper for Elvira. 1000 bucks ain’t buying you a game anymore so F it.

Now, if i had to keep just one i think it would be ACNC. It’s a game i’ll go to often and leave others turned off. Pit Creature is such a great mode. Halloween is brand new and stealing all the attention but i will always go back to Alice.

2 weeks later
#7216 1 year ago

Been playing a ton of Alice lately. Out of the blue my 15yo declared ACNC to be his favorite, now every night before bed he asks me to go down and play a few games. He loves the modes he says. Tonight i noticed him giving a serious effort to nudge which made me smile.

#7261 1 year ago

I had installed some Medisinyl mods on Alice a while ago. The crypt, volcano and arch. When last call for the Lab was announced i decided to get on the last run. Finally got around to installing it tonight. Glad i got one.

B51B141B-67BE-4E6E-83A1-736A17486322 (resized).jpegB51B141B-67BE-4E6E-83A1-736A17486322 (resized).jpeg
#7264 1 year ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Love the Medisinyl mods on ACNC. It’s always hard to rank all the Spooky pins against each other, but Alice is consistently in my top 3.
The spooky wall is getting out of control.
[quoted image]

Very nice! I have a similar wall going. I wish i had of gotten the mod set for RZ before it was discontinued.

BFC11C79-804A-4F25-A99F-F7434ADE0A65 (resized).jpegBFC11C79-804A-4F25-A99F-F7434ADE0A65 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7284 1 year ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

Someone asked for honest opinions so they could make a buying decision. I don't hate Spooky or want them to go under, but the build quality of my machine seems pretty janky. Maybe this is the way it is with ALL pin manufactures and its normal to get a machine out of the box new and not have 3 things working and my expectations are way off - it is my first brand new machine. If that's the case I apologies for being whiney about the status quo and not understanding what I got myself into but having 3 other older machines....
I'll stop now to avoid being "overly negative".

My two cents: First penny - your issues are real and anyone would be upset/annoyed/irritated by the problems you describe. No one should fault you for not being overly enthusiastic here.

Secondly, your machine is the exception and not the rule. Its not typical of a Spooky game or any manufacturer, or NIB in general. I haven’t had to do anything to any of my 6 Spooky machines to make them function properly. I found 2 loose screws in the bottom of my Elvira game (eventually figured out the were from the roof of the house). But i don’t think the build quality is shit. I think they backed off with all the vibration over time. As for the comparison to an older machine its fair that you have’t had to mess around but doesnt mean the people who owned it back in the day didnt have to adjust/tighten/replace stuff (unless you bought them NIB then you would know). Of course they didnt cost 7k back then and being upset that there are this many things wrong with it for that money is understandable too.

Owner’s threads are good places to seek help and if you need anything - like a pic of the spinner assembly on a working one, or whatever - then people will be happy to do it. As for the code comment i do not think ACNC code is the issue. It would have to be happening on all games then wouldnt it? Possible that there is something up with your install being corrupted or something up with optos or other hardware problems. I also wouldn’t assume Spooky support team can’t/won’t help. They obviously can’t tighten loose hardware over the phone but the odd behavior they’d figure out i bet.

#7316 1 year ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

I'd love for that to be fixed or put back to the way it was - all orbits should advance through the castle.

Except if you can only travel in one direction on the map, then one of the orbits will no longer be lit…

3 weeks later
#7379 1 year ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

Just got the game over the weekend - awesome game but having issues every now and then. In general I think it has something to with ball locks. I was playing a game and locked a ball (i think frank lock #1) while another ball was in crypt lock. Game didn’t plunge another ball but went into ball search. Eventually let both locked balls into play.
Today I hit the crypt lock skill shot - didn’t plunge another ball, went into ball search and then ended that ball if I remember correctly (Just went to bonus screen). I tested most switches and optos and they all seem fine. Any help is appreciated!

You would be able to tell if it was your Frank lock switch - if you hit the shot and the ball lock animation plays, then its not the issue. On my game that switch would settle (i think) over time and not register when i hit it. i wouldnt get the animation. Eventually it got kicked out from the ball search. However it was fine after that as the switch was reset and showing open again. Sounds like you resolved the issue but thought i’d mention this anyway in case you have issues like this in the future.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 300.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Completist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=Completist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.