(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#774 4 years ago

I was in Baltimore a couple weeks ago for work and got to check this place out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/8724-holy-frijoles-baltimore-md

Ate some pretty dank Mexican food and drank some prickly pear margaritas.
Great selection of pins and bomb food.

Got to put a dozen or so games on ACNC without any wait. Friggin awesome game.
Great place to get some play time on this if your in the Baltimore area.

3 weeks later
#1033 4 years ago

I totally have a boner for this machine.
It will be in my collection by year end.

1 week later
#1207 4 years ago

I run a business and firmly believe that 99% of my problems come from 1% of my customers.
Theres just no pleasing some people.

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

161 in the house![quoted image]

Yet another post where I wish I could give it more than one thumbs up.

2 weeks later
#1413 4 years ago

Joined the club today!

6B1BB188-050B-4E4C-9371-0FCD8E78311A (resized).jpeg6B1BB188-050B-4E4C-9371-0FCD8E78311A (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1534 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

My question is why does Pinside show ACNC's estimated price is $900. I know some of these have alert hit the secondary market.

I'm guessing it's because the website is tracking sales and up until recently all of the sale were preorders selling their slots on their deposits.
That data should probably be removed from the scenario as it's not sales of actual machines, just people selling their deposits.

#1535 4 years ago

Started putting some mods on my game from Medisinyl.
If you guys haven't checked these out yet, they are awesome.
Greg is a really talented guy and these things just make the game that much cooler.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-mods-3d-tower-arch-and-more-soon-medisinyl-mods-?hl=medisinyl#post-5149008

Volcan mod.
This thing fits perfectly in that little crevice and if you didn't know that it was a mod, you would think it came with the game.
The light in the volcano flickers and moves up and down giving it a really cool effect.
It also illuminates the ramp a bit from the underside of the volcano (very nice).
IMG_3634 (resized).jpgIMG_3634 (resized).jpgIMG_3635 (resized).jpgIMG_3635 (resized).jpgIMG_3636 (resized).jpgIMG_3636 (resized).jpg

#1536 4 years ago

Laboratory mod from Medisinyl.
I was really impressed with this.
The color changing LEDs on the control panel change from green to red and all the instruments light up.
This really gives that back area that had a bit empty feeling a cool vibe.
It fits really well like Frank is being released from the laboratory when he pops up.

IMG_3632 (resized).jpgIMG_3632 (resized).jpg
#1537 4 years ago

Lighted Crypt mod from Medisinyl.
This one impresses me more than I though it would.
It taps into the lighting for the speakers which change colors when your in different modes in the game.
I.E. the Crypt changes color with the speakers and mirrors whatever color they are during that specific mode.
Very well done and looks awesome when your playing.

IMG_3630 (resized).jpgIMG_3630 (resized).jpgIMG_3631 (resized).jpgIMG_3631 (resized).jpg
#1541 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Big mistakes people selling their spots. This game is a ton of fun.

Agreed, its a great game that's worth waiting for.
I was just giving an explanation as to why the pinside value is soo low.

#1542 4 years ago

One of the mods should try to fix that and exclude the data for preorder deposit sales.

#1544 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Prototype #1 with 8 bazillion show and testing plays reporting for duty... all is well.
We had an issue on some TnA's... we know this. It was 1 game out of 6 we've made. Any mistake is 1 too many.
Corrections made, moving forward.
[quoted image][quoted image]

SpookyCharlie I have to say that I'm very impressed with the play field quality on both My Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper.
Those are the only two Spooky pins I own (at the moment), but really looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with in the future.

#1586 4 years ago
Quoted from GvikenL:

My nephew has been saying “You’re a regular ghostbuster aren’t ya?” Constantly since playing it a few times. He loves it too. This game is not just for advanced players.[quoted image]

Wait until he starts telling his friends he’s looking for a girl with a job and a car.

1 week later
#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

These... are impressive. I'm about to mess up my warranty on purpose! [quoted image]

I've been on the road for work for the last few days, so I'm a bit late to respond on this.
This post is awesome.

3 weeks later
#1792 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey ladies and gentleman, i am looking over my build calendar here. I't looks like every Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle machine currently on order will be built, buffed, and boxed by December 2nd! If you are looking for a very short wait time on a limited game that is very nearly sold out now is your chance. Email [email protected] with the keyword "CHRISTMAS" and i will personally see to it your game is boxed and on a truck in time for the holiday. After Christmas production on ACNC will be completely halted if sold out or last few remaining games will trickle out in 2020. Thanks to everyone who has supported us and made this our 2nd best selling game ever! P.s. Don't worry Fawzma wont be letting up on this code anytime soon still tons of goodness to come![quoted image]

Sounds like the Spooky elves are hard at work.

#1803 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It was LOL yesterday. Well, for me anyway.
The day before, Danni absolutely wasted me in a game, she got 420m to my “hardly got a flip” score.
So yesterday, I cranked a game and beat her score first up. And texted her the photo.
I could see the steam coming out of her ears from 3 blocks away.
(ps I think I have scored more than this, but this was on a fresh code install ...)
rd
[quoted image]

Holly crap.
I would have been dancing in the streets if I got that score.
Well done indeed.

#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

"Do not worry about this man! We are going to build you an entire new machine this week. We wouldn't send something this bad back to you. We will claim total loss to the shipping company. I am sorry this happened to you man i am going to personally get it straight i know how excited you were."

Pretty stand up response.

#1882 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

For those who have the speaker lights do they create much glare on the pf glass?

I haven't noticed it at all.

#1940 4 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Agreed, RZ came with one.

Mine did not which is a standard.
Maybe the LEs?
Wound up buying one though.

#1951 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I too want to install under cab lighting. Which color would go better? Purple or green? Meh, I'll know when I get the machine!

If you could wire it up to the GI to match the color change with the speaker lights that would be really cool.

The speaker lights change color depending on the mode your playing.

1 week later
#2020 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You-tube has programs running that check for copyrighted music and mute the videos when found and give you a nag message. You can try Vimeo instead. I;ve had success recording pinball sessions and uploading to vimeo.

There is a member here that did a walkthrough video at the Museum of Pinball in Banning. YouTube pulled the video because of the music playing on the overhead sound system in the background.
I have no idea about how the law work on this, but they defiantly do pull videos that have copywrited music in them.

#2182 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Probably not a great idea to show an image of the ticket...

Quoted from javagrind888:

Dude, take down your ticket or someone can steal it

I wouldn't be too worried about it, he's in New Zealand and I doubt anyone is going to fly to New Zealand to steal a $66 concert ticket.
Not to mention he has more than one ticket and if one doesn't work he can use the other one to go inside and beat someones ass that in his seat.

#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

at what point do we tell the minions that I opened, licked, and put back 1 cheese ball from a package I sent anonymously?

So basically you're admitting to licking Lukes balls.

#2261 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Sorry guys, I love Spooky, but someone needs to tell you this topper is terrible.

I'm pretty sure that is not the actual topper for Alice Cooper and just a "spooky think tank".

My understanding is that they cloned @spookycharlie's brain and they keep it inside an empty bucket of cheese balls hooked up to that machine.
I hate to think about what it does at night when everyone has gone home for the day.

2 weeks later
#2508 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hmmm, pinball in dinning room!
Great idea!

My wife let me turn our formal dining room into a second pinball room in exchange for getting her a new vehicle.
It allowed for 11 more pins in a separate room of the house.
The funny thing is that I would have bought her a new vehicle anyway.
The best part is that she feels like she won. I’m cool with that.

1 week later
#2638 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

+1 on Cliffys. I'm worried about my Mystery Hole scoop.

I would buy cliffys as well.

2 weeks later
#2817 4 years ago

I actually like the lighting on this machine to be a little on the darker side.
It mends well with the theme.
There are not really any blind spots or areas that are seriously darker where you lose sight of the ball, so for me it’s good the way it is.

1 week later
#3021 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

My artist buddy (Mark Jarman) finished my castle and graveyard paint job and I cannot express how happy I am with how it matches the colors on the playfield and translite. I also like the blood splatter and the monster faces that he painted into the stonework. What does everyone think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, thats rad!!!

1 week later
#3176 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Would like to hear more about the build quality of this pin. I have not seen one in person. I hear Spooky is making a very good playfield but would like to dig a little deeper. I know Spooky playfields are not pooling/chipping but how are they holding up to dimpling. I ask because a lot of people talk about how great the quality of CGC is but that they get bad dimpling on their PFs. Those two things don’t really jive together to me. Any and all comments appreciated. I know Spooky is making great pins just looking for some clarity on playfield.

Pooling and chipping just flat out doesn’t exist with these. The playfield have a heavy gloss look that is beautiful. They are really works of art.
Mine has a few minor dimples, but nothing that wouldn’t happen on any pin.
This is mostly from something like a massive air ball that hit the glass and came down really hard. When I say a few, I literally mean a few (like I could count them with my hands).

Every company has their own build quality/style. Spooky pins are very different and kind of have their own feel to them. The build quality as far as materials and craftsmanship is really good and top notch. Also very unique in a lot of ways. I don’t really compare them to any other company.
They kind of truck along and do their own thing in their own way (which is cool).
My experience has been that each of their games is unique in its own way.
I.E. playing one Spooky pin is not an indicator of what they are all like.
The build quality may be very similar, but dynamically they are all unique in a way.
People can explain away all day long, but you really need to play one.
Asking questions is good, but it’s kind of like buying a car where you really have to test drive it to feel it for yourself.

#3265 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I think some of us ACNC owners are a little frustrated at the negative press this pin has gotten so far. My self included. There are many people who think nothing of shitting all over Spooky and this pin who never owned it and maybe only played it once out in the wild. This pin is still my favorite and IMO one of the most beautiful pins ever! Certainly unique and deserving of more respect than it gets as is Spooky customer service. What kind of an ass votes this game a 3.XX score in the Pinside ratings? Obviously someone with an ax to grind! This game was the first title Spooky built using the P3-ROC system. It will take time to perfect. Stern takes 3 years to make Ghost Busters a good playing game and they have far more resources at their disposal.

Yep, this is one of the best machines in my collection IMO.

#3315 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

If you have a beta link, please don't share publicly. Chances are its outdated, like the one above.
I am running some final tests at the shop before betas go out to select people. The memory leak is history, you'll be able to play till your fingers bleed.

Oh snap.
Fantastic.

2 weeks later
#3521 4 years ago

Welp, I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend (other than working on my Sorcerer)

1 week later
#3706 4 years ago

Well now.
I guess I'm leaving work early today.

4 months later
#4921 3 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

OK! I measured and replaced every rubber I could find on the machine and have, I believe, the definitive list of rubbers needed for this game.

On my game, the 5 post sleeves on the lower play field and the 2" ring on the left side of the lower playfield got the highest amount of wear. Those 6 rubbers were practically worn through, while all the others were basically brand new (minus some discolouration from the ball). If you're looking for minimum replacement, this is it.
Regarding the 2x 1/2” Sleeve/Spacer (optional) - these are on the lower playfield underneath the two middle rubbers. Titan's 1/2" Data East Post Sleeves should work here. They don't get any wear, but just in case you really need more colour.
Replacing the rubbers on this game is not for the faint of heart. If you're doing a minimal replacement just for worn rubbers, you still have quite a lot to remove (and/or some tricky manoeuvers). If you're doing a full swap, you have to take apart a lot of the playfield to get to everything.
Pro tip: When replacing the 1-1/2" ring on the lower playfield between Light Mystery and Secret Passage, you should unscrew both metal guides next to the rubber, then screw them back in after fitting the new rubber in place. Same with the metal guide next to the 3/4" ring near the right orbit. Otherwise, I can pretty much guarantee the metal guides will slice right through your rubber.
I've uploaded this with the colour scheme I purchased to Titan's Kit Database: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1408
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, thanks for sharing.
Someone with the power to do so should tag this as a key post.

8 months later
#6216 3 years ago

Guess I haven’t checked in here for a while.
Glad I did, because I had no idea there was a new code update.

7 months later
#6800 2 years ago

Hadn’t played in a while because I’ve been busy as hell with work.
Got into a game today where I defeated the pit creature and another where I defeated the werewolf (which is good for me).
Man does it feel good when you defeat a monster.

#6823 2 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I noticed that we have some new members in the club...Congratulations!
We still have a few of these amazing custom speaker decals remaining. $30 including shipping to the US.
If you are interested, please Paypal [email protected] or PM him directly...
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/mjarman
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Cool. Just sent him a PM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=Coindork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.