(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey ladies and gentleman, i am looking over my build calendar here. I't looks like every Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle machine currently on order will be built, buffed, and boxed by December 2nd! If you are looking for a very short wait time on a limited game that is very nearly sold out now is your chance. Email [email protected] with the keyword "CHRISTMAS" and i will personally see to it your game is boxed and on a truck in time for the holiday. After Christmas production on ACNC will be completely halted if sold out or last few remaining games will trickle out in 2020. Thanks to everyone who has supported us and made this our 2nd best selling game ever! P.s. Don't worry Fawzma wont be letting up on this code anytime soon still tons of goodness to come![quoted image]

Deposit sent, I’m in.

2 weeks later
#2100 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Us either.
This is just attract mode... it will be interactive with the game, gauges will show mode progress, and the brain even tracks Igor for you in "Lost In America!".
Being assembled now... email: [email protected] to get one or for more info!

What the? I’ve been anti-toppers for a long time but jeeeez.....that’s pretty badass.

2 months later
#3288 4 years ago

Let’s go! #474 What a great game, me and my boys just played for 7 hrs. It’s tough but fair. This game, fit and finish, is better than all the Stern, JJP, CGC games i’ve bought over the years. Well done Spooky!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3313 4 years ago

When I picked up my game at Spooky Saturday Charlie mentioned that the code update is really close to being dropped and that it will continue to be tweaked in the future. I also got to play R & M and those of us on board for that game should be really stoked. Spooky be crushing it.

#3322 4 years ago

Does anyone have their volume turned up past 5? This thing’s louder than a Who concert.

#3334 4 years ago

I definitely need some tape. The machine rattles when it’s turned up to 4 lol.

#3395 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Swapped out those slick, bouncy, purple flipper rubbers (are they superbands?) that came with the game for some generic Stern black ones I had lying around, and my god does The Coop play so much better now. This game is so much trap/control & aim, so being able to trap/control more easily is pretty key. Might trade 'em out for some purple standard or purple silicones at some point, but either way, I'm happy as I was not enjoying the play on this lately. The music and art package is top notch, but play wise, you need to be in the mood for a fight. People say Houdini is hard, but it's minor leagues next to Coop. Even good tournament players who come over to my house are like "Eh, I don't feel like wrestling with this" and play something else.

Yeah this game is a ball-buster. Just how I had hoped it would be. Flailing away gets you nowhere, trapping and control is essential. I’ll try some new rubbers, see if it helps.

3 weeks later
#3875 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Before I switched to RUBBER flipper rubbers - with what shipped with the game, it was maybe 60% shots made. With rubber flipper rubbers, it's easily 90%. When in my game it doesn't make it, it's because it hits the right wall a little too direct, and bounces against the left wall, and comes right now. No going up, vanishing, and then rolling back down.

Did you switch out all rubber including rings etc...? This game seems to have serious left to right gameplay and I’m trying to figure out if it’s me or the machine. I feel as though I’m nudging the outlanes non-stop.

1 week later
#3962 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Just wanted to give Pinnovators a big thumbs up. Got their new Spooky kit for ACNC and it works beautifully!
Took me about 40 minutes to install with taking my time and was easy to do. Now I have volume control on the door, headphone capabilities, and can mute the cabinet speakers with the flick of a switch. They also have a sub out feature but I didn't need that.
Anyway, they installed it to my powdercoated bill slot cover for no extra charge, otherwise they would have sent me a black cover as part of the kit.
Just wanted to give them a thumbs up review because now I can play ACNC while my daughters are studying and while my wife is playing Scared Stiff or WOZ. Before, I would get yelled at because.ACNC was "too loud" even while at 1... lol[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Haha it’s loud or it’s off, no doubt. I would imagine this game is killer with a nice set of headphones with the nice amp they have inside.

#4022 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

First off I love this game. It brutal hard but still fun. Personally, as a different kind of game designer I am picky about the "game play" design of walking through the castle to find the monsters. I think there are a lot better ways to to implement a "find the monster" system that will allow everyone to explore the castle and see all the rooms without having to be a master pinball player, without making the game a total cakewalk that is easy to beat (and subsequently get bored of).
That said, I have a lot of casual gaming friends who are never going to want to sink the time into ACNC so they can play with me. I only have space for 4 pins total. I am not going to get rid of this pin ever, as far as I can tell. I have one machine here that is borrowed so sooner or later the owner will come looking for it (or more likely I'll have to tell them to come and get it) and then I'll have an open space.
So what is a good compliment to ACNC, meaning a game that is has an easy to understand scoring systems and plays a little easier than normal, as opposed to playing harder than normal, so when my muggle friends come over we can all jam on that together?
I am a huge Batman fan. I've played Dark Knight and like it but it did not seem super-must-have. I've played a few rounds of Batman 66 and I was considering getting that one based on theme alone and simplistic seeming game play (though I don't know enough to know if that is my impression or if its true).
What are good suggestions for pins that compliment ACNC in the opposite way do you think?
Thanks.

My Deadpool LE gets the most play when friends are over. It’s fun to shoot, pretty straightforward, and it’s goofy as hell. I find myself starting a game of DP often after 3 or 4 games of ACNC as a nice palette cleanser.

#4059 4 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

So my ACNC is giving me phantom guillotine hits. It’s usually when I hit the right flipper. Any suggestions as to what the issue may be?

I had this problem about a month ago. The left side of the opto had come detached and one of the wires had come off it’s tab. The upper flipper thumping was causing the opto switch to register. I soldered the wire back to its post and reattached the switch and it’s been perfect since.

2 weeks later
#4219 4 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

Well if spooky are listening, then maybe they will speak up here as I have received no reply from emails. Or maybe I'm just being too critical about a 12K+ AUD machine with indenting on the play field from the vuk. Pictures do not show the true extent of the damage on this HUO pin.[quoted image][quoted image]

Am I missing something? Are you talking about the dimples on the playfield?

#4225 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Took me a while to see it as the picture is so dark.[quoted image]

Ah ok. If that’s really an inch long depression in your playfield then yeah, that's not good. How could that’ve happened?

2 weeks later
#4306 3 years ago

Just checking in to say that this game is more addictive than crack. Since I’ve gotten this game I’ve also added Tron and TZ to my collection and they get plunged about 30% of what ACNC does, and that’s combined. How is that possible? Tonight my wife came downstairs (I didn’t hear her) and she said I looked like I was obsessed/possessed when I was playing. What is going on here? Is this game that good?

9467A4FC-B7D8-4F4B-85CA-68ED736D5D19 (resized).jpeg9467A4FC-B7D8-4F4B-85CA-68ED736D5D19 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4314 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I dig my ACNC overall. But damn ... those orbit shots can be tighter than a cow's ass at fly time!
As they say.

I sometimes look at the right orbit and just kind of laugh at it. It doesn’t even look like a ball can fit in there.

#4329 3 years ago

I like the occasional game of HS II but there’s really no comparison. I think a lot of people are voting HS II because they’ve never played AC. Right? People couldn’t possibly be that stupid.

1 week later
#4396 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

It should be ready soon. We are working on a price for quality vinyl that can be removed and re-positioned if necessary without tearing.
You guys don't know Mark personally but he is a genius. I've known him since we were kids and he is on another level. Look how he matched the artwork and fit so much detail in a limited space. I love the Executioner! His painting of the ACNC castle is IMHO the single best mod that I've seen for any game. It completely upgrades the whole look of the pin...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh my goodness, that looks amazing.

#4422 3 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Having several issues with my game lately.
First one is pretty odd could have sworn this was working before, but when I go into any of the menu test options I can only use the start button to enter the section menu, but then it is completely non-functional.
For instance I can enter coil test menu by pressing start, but the start button doesn't actually work to do any of the tests. I can enter the drop target test menu, but I can't select any of the tests..
Also having issues with Frankenstein mode. Lab lock 1 is caught and registers fine, but it looks like my lab lock 2 is always in down position, even after lab 1 is successfully locked. Lab lock 2 is lit, but since the drop target is always down, even if I hit a shot that should start frank mode the diverter doesn't shift to lock ball 2.
Guessing for this issue the drop target is just stuck, but I'm totally baffled about the start button abruptly not working to initiate tests in the test menu when it works everywhere else.
The game is on latest code

Not sure if this is what you’re looking for problem 1 but you need to use the flipper buttons to scroll the menus after you use the coin door menu buttons. That was new with the last code drop.

3 weeks later
#4666 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

I’m in the club
[quoted image]

Welcome! Now say goodbye to your friends and family because this game is like crack.

3 months later
#5188 3 years ago

Wait, a ball can fit through the right orbit shot? I’m calling bullshit without video proof.

1 month later
#5349 3 years ago

I’m not a great player by any stretch (I’ve seen chuckwurt and rotordave play on streams and they’re both fantastic players btw) but every wizard mode I’ve ever reached, after it’s over, seems like the game just restarts to square one like you just plunged on ball one. Is this normal? I’ve never beat a wizard mode so I’m not sure. I think if I ever played and beat a wizard mode and the game ended I’d float over to my bar and pour myself a whiskey.

1 week later
#5377 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

“One of ones” never lose their value.
It’ll probably still be cooler than the new one anyway!
Finally put some apron stickers on it last week. Only took me 6 months to get around to it. Haha.
rd
[quoted image]

Hey Dave have I mentioned today how badass that game is? Haha cheers man.

2 months later
#5786 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I guess they could all be LE’s since only 500 were made. How is the sound system? I hear it can boom pretty loud. I played on location and could hear the bass even at the low volume it was at. I think I’m gonna pull the trigger.

The sound is fantastic. They have a dedicated amp that’s accessible through the coin door with adjustable high, mid, and sub and it’s LOUD. The ambient sounds and music are some of my favorite of any game. The creepy screams and moans in this game are sometimes overlooked but they’re really well done. The sound and lighting do a fantastic job of making you feel like you’re in a creepy haunted mansion.

1 month later
#6064 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

He's got pinstadiums on that beast too. I don't know if there's a better-looking game with pinstadiums than ACNC.

I’m torn about adding extra lighting on this game. Part of me loves the dark dungeon vibe that the game as a whole presents, but I also love the artwork on the playfield that would really pop with a bit more light. But then my excuse of not being able to track the ball for my poor play would be gone .

1 month later
#6248 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Spooky's wonderful tech support help me through the problem. It's great when a company stands behind their product.

Yup. They’re the best.

1 week later
#6297 2 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Just joined the club! been putting a few games on it getting familiar with it.
Gonna read through this entire thread at my leisure
First official Q
Who sells side blades for ACNC?

Welcome neighbor. Always room for more south-siders in this club.

2 months later
#6474 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Guys I’m thinking of moving this mint example of ACNC. It has the butter cab and all the other add ins except a shaker. I will sell the game with or without the topper which is extremely cool with its having lightning effects and such. Anyway, let me know if interested.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My ACNC is stuck in the middle of a row of games in my dark basement and I often forget how gorgeous this game is and how I need to showcase it a bit more by at least putting it on the end. For my money it’s a top 5 art package and sooo underrated. I mean ….holy shit that backglass!

1 month later
#6597 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Interesting. Is this what Spooky recommends or is this personal preference? I have the tips of my flippers lined up with those holes, which you can’t see with the rubber there.
[quoted image]

I have had mine low like yours since I got it, outside of one day that I tried them raised a bit, and can backhand the left ramp from a cradle if I hit it right. I think I have the flipper power a bit higher than factory settings. If it’s not right it’s SDTM/nudge city. Great risk/reward. Having the flippers low helps me shooting the orbits and the scoop as well. I tried the flipper bats a bit higher but those orbits and scoop are hard to hit as it is and were downright impossible for me with them raised. YMMV though, give it a shot. I

#6599 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yes that’s the trade off. Do you want to be able to shoots the orbits better or back hand the ramp/s. I’ll give it a try and see what I like better.

Absolutely, give it a shot. Those god blasted lower third, end of oppo flipper scoops like this and Borg games (MET, IM, GOTG, Tron etc) give me fits, so I tend to try to give myself a chance with lower flipper bats.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=Chisox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.