(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,736 posts
  • 318 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 989 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

76e7c7b56b02aa617ba971f9637b8e35e646327b.pdf (resized).jpg
91f8c62f77f41825e420b92171ca7d1258d832b9.pdf (resized).jpg
BB87D28E-06EA-42DF-A697-6ED0A3249689 (resized).jpeg
Cooler (resized).jpg
C6AF705E-514C-463C-89DF-3B7DA9C56123 (resized).jpeg
revised-spooky-panel.jpg
spooky-aux (resized).jpg
BF99F02F-EB38-4BA1-A608-EAABFA53FC9D (resized).jpeg
B98DB167-3EE3-4FD5-BE4D-461C68CC828C (resized).jpeg
717CB5DD-EA6E-4251-9AF1-5E5E1BA73172 (resized).jpeg
F1927FD3-4995-434F-8563-0CF722B009F7 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210104-162431_Chrome~2 (resized).jpg
4A31895F-E942-4947-B05A-A881BE5B88D7 (resized).png
20201229_204346 (resized).jpg
20201229_185830 (resized).jpg
20201229_185734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (1 year ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (1 year ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (1 year ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (1 year ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (1 year ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (11 months ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos Posted by Ripshill (11 months ago)

Post #4753 Weapons list Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CCPorter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1359 1 year ago

Anxiously waiting for 368. Hoping it ships by bday at end of October. Fully loaded butter and gold

#1368 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’m in the next batch of butter cabs!! The wife and I can’t wait to pick this up and add it to the growing collection!

are they making them in order?

2 weeks later
#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

Got my notification from Spooky today. My game is ready

What number?

#1510 1 year ago

368 my God , how long , how long.

#1516 1 year ago

Anyone have clear coat issues yet?

#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

This week received the long awaited e mail asking what options I wanted for 361. Kind of surreal after all this time to know it’s happening. It will be at least another four to six weeks but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Finally feeling the anticipation!

Omg !!! Awesome. Anyone know if they are being made in order? Or by butter no butter batch?

#1583 1 year ago

So confused by how the numbers are getting shipped out . I hear guys with 260’s putting in last payment and options. While the guy with #99 says he has not been called .

1 week later
#1637 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

This game is awesome. Music is top notch and can get super loud. I have had no game play issues or lost balls in an hour of playing.
I am so glad I took the plunge way back when...

But what about the coin door latch?

#1676 1 year ago
Quoted from TakingupSpace:

I'm officially in!!! Spot 362 (keeping it in Texas) and confirmed all my options today. I am so excited!!
I first played ACNC at TPF earlier this year and was unexpectedly a bit enamored with it. My initial exposure to Spooky pins had been as they were released, or probably even intro/prototypes at an earlier TPF, and they didn't grab me. Each time I played I thought....just....meh. I always hoped to put more time in on them to make a more knowledgable rating of them, but hadn't been able to (not many in the wild). But, when I stepped up to ACNC for the first time, not knowing at all what to do, I got 69 million, and loved it. I kind of recall someone from Spooky (sorry, I don't know who you were) stepping in while I was between the second and third ball and asking me if I was loving it and I actually said "Yeah, but it's kind of pissing me off because I'm not sure how the rules work yet.....but this is awesome." So it began. Since then I've just been watching it. Waiting. Choosing just the right time to pounce on the spousal approval wagon...and...patience has paid off.
It'll still be a bit before I can welcome this beauty in to the house and place it next to my Iron Maiden, but it'll be a good line-up when I do. Life is good!!

OMG!!! awesome , I hope that means ill be putting in options for my 368 any day now. It will be going next to my Iron Maiden as well.

1 week later
#1726 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

spookycharlie is it true that you’re working on a topper for ACNC? I have some birthday/Christmas money that needs a present. Finally got to play it...what a blast! Can’t wait for 413...butter and all.

Yes , need topper !!!!

1 week later
#1764 1 year ago
Quoted from snailskin:

is it worth getting the interior cabinet decals? i haven't found a picture that shows what it looks like without them. (for me decals + knocker will be $150 or so, not really wanting the knocker but they come as a set, so will be paying $150 for the decals, you think i should?)

ALL THE ADD ON's !!! lol

#1774 1 year ago

Request for final payment on 368

#1780 1 year ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Is that for a butter? I’m 361 and still waiting for invoice (non butter).

Yes , it’s a butter

1 week later
#1867 1 year ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Found out today that my game is DONE and shipment is being arranged. Wow. Great feeling after the long wait. Shoot. Now I gotta learn the rules!!!! LOL.

What number?

#1879 1 year ago

368 is fully loaded !

#1918 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Is Laseriffic or anyone working on a topper for this game? Looking to put the finishing touch on my ACNC, it looks naked next to the other pins which all have toppers. This game deserves a bad ass topper, any options?

Yes! topper needed , ACNC will look out of place next to my other pins with toppers.

#1956 1 year ago

I’m not a fan of the clear light up buttons. I find they wear out faster than the solid colors. Button goes flying out in mid epic ball

1 week later
#2028 1 year ago
Quoted from Cento:

I recd my Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle today.Turned it on for the first time and It has no Video and no Sound. The Video screen lights up, goes dark and then says "no signal". The speakers give off a loud cracking sound like they are trying to turn on but I get no sound. I turned it off and back on hoping it would reset. it looked like it was loading data because I saw a progress bar( see photo) but it then it went back to the black video screen and said no signal again. I check all of the connectors and they seem good. Has anyone else experienced this? Also the top of the back box has unfinished nail holes- very unsightly.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh man , what a drag . Those nail holes are very unnerving

#2033 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Wood putty and paint and nobody will ever know. Easy Peasy!

I’m dropping close to 9k on this thing . I don’t expect to have to finish working on it or the final product to have blemishes.

#2034 1 year ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I'm getting similar to this, except very loud humming sound instead of no audio. I did let it load all the way and afterwards the game does start

Oh man , you guys are freaking me out. Mine is coming any day now

#2065 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Got notice my game shipped.
I'm not home yet, and can't effin' wait.

Congrats, what number? Butter can?

#2066 1 year ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Love that topper - but it’s not going to fit in my games room. Curses!

Does your room have a normal ceiling height?

#2205 1 year ago

What kind of anti rattle tape are y’all using?

#2252 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

WhysNow is one of those that goes into the Pinstadium thread just to maximize his down votes though. It's a good product and a good guy selling them. They win mod awards for a reason. I don't understand the crusade.

Because he spams the sht out of the market page

#2263 1 year ago
4325A413-3D23-4DE8-B3EB-BF14F2D4A1C4 (resized).png
#2264 1 year ago

Yay, 368 fully loaded butter baby! Ships on Monday.

#2349 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I asked this excellent dude Coindropper to make us one and he did!
Head on over to his thread and take you pick.Starting at Post #635
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/13#post-5289930

Those are awesome, already asked him pricing.

#2354 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My MET and ACDC start shooting out 2 balls about twice a year. Just a reseat of the trough connectors and all good. Could it be that simple?
I'm guessing Coyote has seen this many times on many machines too. Which leads me to believe it's not that simple, or he would've mentioned this already.

My met does it too but it’s ball stacking causing it on met. Also rebound from the cliffy shooter lane protector

#2382 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I already do this part..
As for it being bass-ackwards, I agree... Hence the post. But the first step is admitting that you have a problem.

92FF722B-8C54-4531-840D-6C5BB7647DFA (resized).jpeg
#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

If anyone has the topper already can you post some pics or video from the players perspective or maybe at a short distant away? Thanks in advance

I’ll post this weekend, 368 full loaded butter shows up Friday with topper!

#2429 1 year ago

368 fully loaded butter and topper in house.

414D1CB4-1D9B-40D5-A323-CC03535D256E (resized).jpegC55634AC-F3E5-4AD2-9150-9DD27F4FB4BC (resized).jpeg
#2430 1 year ago

Had double ball launch , trough , and resetting issues after a few games.

1 week later
#2632 1 year ago

Spooky, what about getting a playfield to Cliff ? Just to borrow and make protectors.

#2649 1 year ago

Pics of topper , I put one of the pinball life glow plastic protectors in. I didn’t like the look so hard pass for me.

519D76B3-DCC6-4C90-93C3-819576A1F050 (resized).jpeg9F0BAEDE-D93E-4A01-BA35-64705D364E0A (resized).jpegB20528DC-D763-4276-A700-13D6C02FC60A (resized).jpeg
#2651 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Topper or plastic?

Topper kicks ass , I need to adjust the brain . It’s off center a bit . But no I don’t like the plastics.

#2652 1 year ago

Three of us are playing coop mode tonight. Gotta say it has brought a whole new dynamic of fun.

1 week later
#2702 1 year ago

Anyone else having issues with the ball getting stuck in the secret passage? And also the ball search just kicking out a locked ball and messing up the games ball locations.

2 weeks later
#2925 1 year ago

I’m finding the code to be a super drag. secret passage holds onto the ball when lit. Causing a ball search nightmare resulting in the game forgetting there’s a ball in frank and letting crypt lock go. Also frank lock issues in multi player. Stacking locked balls because there’s no switch telling it there’s a ball in there already . Really bummed about these oversights.

#2933 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Not sure how a ball getting stuck in the secret passage is a code issue?

It only happens when passage has been activated

#2936 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Look where it’s at when stuck. Might need to take the glass off and a flashlight. If it’s on the magnet...maybe it’s not quite level with the playfield and getting hooked up on a ridge.

Yea , I’m sure that’s it, my point was less about where it’s getting caught. And more about how the ball search completely screws up the ball lock locations and basically the game at play.

#2938 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I get it. But when ball search doesn’t make sense, it’s usually not code, but mechanical. I got mine just a few weeks ago, and a couple mechanical adjustments or service menu adjustments and it works great.

The ball search kicks out crypt locked ball and forgets if there is a ball in frank . That is all code. If the game can’t Remember where the locked balls are then that must be code.

#2941 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The game attempts to release locked balls after the ball search fails to get the ball out other ways (eg, because it's stuck on the magnet). There is a bug about it losing track of locks after releasing them in ball search, as I've reported previously, but releasing the locks to free a stuck ball that potentially is in a lock is the right thing to do

So yea, bummed about code.... ntm that forgetting locked balls stacks on frank requiring pulling the glass. Bringing me back to my post of code and oversights. Just frustrating to deal with.

#2972 1 year ago
Quoted from dracula40:

Black Knight SOR Premium.

Lol

#3062 1 year ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

So i came in today to my location and noticed frank didn't rise up when i entered settings like he usually does. I then noticed 2 balls stuck in his left lock. I cleared the balls but frank is not working. Has anyone had this happen? Where should i start looking?

Yea, it happens to me often in multi player mode. Especially if it has gone through any ball search’s. Seems like it forgets about frank lock any time it searches

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CCPorter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside