(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 161.
#401 4 years ago

I paid off #71 two days ago, hoping to get notice of shipping any day now.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just got word that my Alice Cooper is shipping today!

#59 joined you on the truck as well!

#403 4 years ago

Thin glow in dark Titan post sleeves and flipper rings arriving today. Will install and update. Won't be until at least tomorrow because tonight is the Endgame!

#404 4 years ago

Changed to Titan thin post sleeves (listed as Stern thin post sleeve). Much better. Trying out glow in the dark flipper rings as well. Didn't look as good on top silver one.

20190427_133800 (resized).jpg20190427_133800 (resized).jpg20190427_142218 (resized).jpg20190427_142218 (resized).jpg20190427_142222 (resized).jpg20190427_142222 (resized).jpg
#405 4 years ago

#225 here! I'm excited to get this game and toss it in my home office.

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Changed to Titan thin post sleeves (listed as Stern thin post sleeve). Much better. Trying out glow in the dark flipper rings as well. Didn't look as good on top silver one.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The flippers look way better!

#407 4 years ago

So it’s a year this week we put down our orders on Alice. Happy anniversary, I guess. I’m sitting at 361 so don’t plan on seeing my game for a while (sometimes I forget I have one in the pipeline!). Glad to see the game is well liked by you folks who have one. Looking forward to playing it (again) at Allentown next week with the updated code.

#408 4 years ago

Been playing this game some more and I really like it. The tight shots are literally the only thing holding me back bc I'm not sure I want to deal with that every time I play but everything else I just really like about it. Plays different. Sounds different love the normal to AC music change. Alice still has some cringe worthy performance on speech but it's less than before. Love the sound effects like the scoop elect and even the slings. Love the art too. Sound performance in this game is fantastic too. Custom molds that look great.

Hmmmm

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Been playing this game some more and I really like it. The tight shots are literally the only thing holding me back bc I'm not sure I want to deal with that every time I play but everything else I just really like about it. Plays different. Sounds different love the normal to AC music change. Alice still has some cringe worthy performance on speech but it's less than before. Love the sound effects like the scoop elect and even the slings. Love the art too. Sound performance in this game is fantastic too. Custom molds that look great.
Hmmmm

I liked it at MGC. Tight shots yes but there are some fun things going on. I’m not huge into the theme but if I was more of an AC fan I’d be a buyer. Have you had the chance to play it yet?

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I liked it at MGC. Tight shots yes but there are some fun things going on. I’m not huge into the theme but if I was more of an AC fan I’d be a buyer. Have you had the chance to play it yet?

Yes multiple times now at the greatest pinball/brewery Helicon in Pittsburgh has it!

#411 4 years ago

Just reporting in on the anti rattle tape. I used the entire roll and the rattle is completely gone... its not wide enough to go around the edges though. Atleast not what i bought from Tekman. So a couple layers top and bottom

#412 4 years ago

this game is different but "special" in a good way IMO...unique game that you can't really compare to anything else. the artwork and castle is off the charts cool. music is great. callouts are awesome. shots are tough/tight but will make you a better player. the modes are where you make the big points and they are all so different. the creativity in what needs to be done in the modes IMO is where this pinball really shines.

most of all, this game is FUN and will leave you coming back for more.

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are the stock post sleeves slim and do the Stern slims play better? I’m going to order all new rubbers and am really curious to know which to get and put on?

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Are the stock post sleeves slim and do the Stern slims play better? I’m going to order all new rubbers and am really curious to know which to get and put on?

Stock post sleeves are slim. I think they are the pinball life Stern thin ones. Stock rings and sleeves are great. I just wanted to try out the glow in dark. I like it and will keep them on but had absolutely no issues with what came stock. Totally was an aesthetic choice.

#415 4 years ago

Had some great games last night. The more I play, the more I get the shots dialed in. The way the ball comes around from the inner and outer orbits really makes it easy to get some combos going. I'm consistently getting lots of 3,4, and 5 way combos by getting into a rhythm hitting the ball as it comes naturally off an orbit. Reminds me of hitting the orbits on High Speed 2. Love the combo sounds and lights. The game is still a little buggy, especially when you have crypt going during a mode, but I'm sure those will get ironed out. I find that I use the mystery scoop and secret passage to start a mode about 50% of the time. Sometimes it is just hard to hit an orbit. I will use a crypt multiball to focus on lighting the secret passage ala TNA multiball to start a reactor since those are more dangerous shots. I really love the unique modes and every time I think I have a favorite, I end up changing my mind. I still can't get over how creepy that greenish yellow glow is from the rgb's with insect mode!

#416 4 years ago

Crile1 It does take some getting dialed in but mine is already playing better. The previous owner put black rubber on the lower playfield so I’m going to change it back.

How do you consistently light secret passage and do you get some roll outs from it because your looks a little straighter than mine (maybe) and I was thinking about bending the ball guide if that would help reduce some?

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

crile1 It does take some getting dialed in but mine is already playing better. The previous owner put black rubber on the lower playfield so I’m going to change it back.
How do you consistently light secret passage and do you get some roll outs from it because your looks a little straighter than mine (maybe) and I was thinking about bending the ball guide if that would help reduce some?

Light either with skill shot (ball locks) or directly hitting change monster targets after I have selected a monster. If I happen to accidentally start crypt multi while trying to start a mode I will hit the stand ups to light passage while ball saver is active. My secret passage shot is probably the easiest on the playfield for me. Very easy backhand from left flipper. I would definitely change out the black rubbers to clear or glow in the dark with purple or glow in dark for lower flippers. Leave the upper flipper ring black (imo).

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Light either with skill shot (ball locks) or directly hitting change monster targets after I have selected a monster. If I happen to accidentally start crypt multi while trying to start a mode I will hit the stand ups to light passage while ball saver is active. My secret passage shot is probably the easiest on the playfield for me. Very easy backhand from left flipper. I would definitely change out the black rubbers to clear or glow in the dark with purple or glow in dark for lower flippers. Leave the upper flipper ring black (imo).

Yeah, the black rubber seems to deaden a little more than the translucent silicone and is changing the game play a little.

Thanks I’ll update when I try some things as there’s little quirks, like the gate to the upper playfield will rarely, but sometimes, not close fast enough to stop a ball from hitting that rubber bouncing back and going down the ramp.

#419 4 years ago

My Alice Cooper just arrived today won't be able to unbox it until later tonight.

#420 4 years ago

Remind me what number are we on estimate at this point for shipping? I know things aren't black and white but just curious....

#421 4 years ago

Happy to hear the details of any bugs and issues you encounter. Post here or send a message. Thanks!

#422 4 years ago

Just got the game unboxed but it currently has no sound at all does anyone have a quick suggestion on what I could try thanks.

#423 4 years ago

Just got the game unboxed but it currently has no sound at all does anyone have a quick suggestion on what I could try thanks.

Maybe take a look at the ground wire from cab to head?

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Maybe take a look at the ground wire from cab to head?

Just messed with it some and if I unplug the amplifier I get a loud hum from the speakers so the speakers are working but it's the game not putting out the music and stuff could it be software related or something along those lines.

#425 4 years ago

Just messed with it some and if I unplug the amplifier I get a loud hum from the speakers so the speakers are working but it's the game not putting out the music and stuff could it be software related or something along those lines.m

I do not know the pin well. Shoot Charlie an email. He is always pretty fast to respond.

Hope you get it working soon!

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I do not know the pin well. Shoot Charlie an email. He is always pretty fast to respond.
Hope you get it working soon!

Thanks will probably have to do it tomorrow as my email right now at home is not working I tried getting it to send but it wouldn't go through.

#427 4 years ago

Check output from backbox , humming noise could come from the wire not completely plugged in .

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Check output from backbox , humming noise could come from the wire not completely plugged in .

I only get a hum when I unplug the super base. The rest of the time the game is quite with no sound.

#429 4 years ago

I only get a hum when I unplug the super base.

The audio cable runs from the display driver on the back of the display to the audio amp... make sure the cable is plugged into the black barrel 1/8" jack (left side facing the game) on the back of the display driver, and at the amp. That cable can come loose in shipping once in a while. We actually have a simple adhesive mount now to prevent that.

And call / email during the day or use the email links on our website for service anytime. Between Chris and I, we get to everyone pretty quick. Even after hours.

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

The audio cable runs from the display driver on the back of the display to the audio amp... make sure the cable is plugged into the black barrel 1/8" jack (left side facing the game) on the back of the display driver, and at the amp. That cable can come loose in shipping once in a while. We actually have a simple adhesive mount now to prevent that.
And call / email during the day or use the email links on our website for service anytime. Between Chris and I, we get to everyone pretty quick. Even after hours.

I answered within minutes after getting the forwarded email from the distributor this morning. We will get it figured out.

[email protected] is the email to use.

#431 4 years ago

Fixed the ball bouncing back through the upper right ramp gate by replacing the silicone rubber to the left of the Vampire stand up with black rubber to deaden the ball. Now it just stops and falls down like it should.

This fix works great if anyone else has this problem.

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Fixed the ball bouncing back through the upper right ramp gate by replacing the silicone rubber to the left of the Vampire stand up with black rubber to deaden the ball. Now it just stops and falls down like it should.
This fix works great if anyone else has this problem.

Could you please post a pic of what you did? I have issues with the ball sometimes getting stuck in the metal ramp gate, when I try to hit the Vampire target.

Thanks!

#433 4 years ago

Game Is working great now thanks to spooky easy fix. I can't seem to see it but can anyone tell me under which setting can you turn extra balls off and is there an option to turn the ball save off during the monster modes thanks.

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

Could you please post a pic of what you did? I have issues with the ball sometimes getting stuck in the metal ramp gate, when I try to hit the Vampire target.
Thanks!

I will try and take a pic and upload it later but is it getting stuck on the way through the gate or bouncing back and making it halfway under? I ask because you probably need to bend it up a little in the middle to give it more clearance if it’s the way through. If it’s the bounce back I would try replacing the one silicone with a black rubber ring.

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:Happy to hear the details of any bugs and issues you encounter. Post here or send a message. Thanks!

Hey Bowen,
You may already be aware of this but when you enter your intials for Igor champion it registers it as Ethyl champion. Not sure if it is happening for any of the other mode champions. Keep up the great work the code is really nice so far! Players are loving this machine. Now if I can only get the guillotine servo to stop blowing the fuse. Gonna reach out to Chris/Charlie again. It's disabled at the moment so we can keep people playing
Geoff Frijoles

#436 4 years ago

Wanna hear something funny? If anyone isn't quite ready and their # is coming up I'd be willing to trade up. My spot is in the 200s so you'd have plenty of time. Super excited about this game!!

#437 4 years ago

The rules are unbelievably good and mix up the gameplay well. Spooky has developed really unique modes as everything makes sense and feels different.

Couldn’t be happier with the rules layout.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I will try and take a pic and upload it later but is it getting stuck on the way through the gate or bouncing back and making it halfway under? I ask because you probably need to bend it up a little in the middle to give it more clearance if it’s the way through. If it’s the bounce back I would try replacing the one silicone with a black rubber ring.

Mostly it's getting stuck on the bounce back, however it can also get stuck halfway through the gate if it passes from the ramp on a slow-moving shot. I thought I might raise the gate with a spacer / washer, but I'll try bending the gate to make it less rigid / provide more clearance that way. The ball gets stuck in the gate so good that hefty nudges cannot knock it out - only firing another ball at it works (when on multi ball). Otherwise, I'm removing the glass - a real bummer when you have one more shot left to kill the vampire!

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

Mostly it's getting stuck on the bounce back, however it can also get stuck halfway through the gate if it passes from the ramp on a slow-moving shot. I thought I might raise the gate with a spacer / washer, but I'll try bending the gate to make it less rigid / provide more clearance that way. The ball gets stuck in the gate so good that hefty nudges cannot knock it out - only firing another ball at it works (when on multi ball). Otherwise, I'm removing the glass - a real bummer when you have one more shot left to kill the vampire!

I get the ball stuck at the gate as well sometimes and requires a good smack to the side of the cabinet. This is on slow moving shots only. Please post your fix.

#440 4 years ago

I didn’t get pics last night but basically I bent the gate top bar down until the ball travels through easily so it won’t get stuck moving slow. Then it would bounce back off the ramp silicone so I replaced the ramp clear silicone with real black rubber to deaden the bounce. I haven’t had it bounce back or get stuck once now.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes multiple times now at the greatest pinball/brewery Helicon in Pittsburgh has it!

Thanks Delt. It is tough to shoot but I still feel the fun/challenge factor is there

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Hey Bowen,
You may already be aware of this but when you enter your intials for Igor champion it registers it as Ethyl champion. Not sure if it is happening for any of the other mode champions. Keep up the great work the code is really nice so far! Players are loving this machine. Now if I can only get the guillotine servo to stop blowing the fuse. Gonna reach out to Chris/Charlie again. It's disabled at the moment so we can keep people playing
Geoff Frijoles

Please make sure you are using the latest version from spookys site. That Igor bug was fixed a few updates ago.

#443 4 years ago

On anti-rattle tape. I used half initially and that worked. I then took off the glass to clean and change out post sleeves, etc. The rattle came back on the back left side, which was always the worst side. Suggestions, just use the whole roll to begin with.

The stern slim post sleeves are definitely the better option when changing out. Titan GITD for the bottom playfield on everything is a great choice, not so much for the top.

With the mystery award, I’ve literally never had anything other than “Advance to Monster”. There’s nothing worse than roaming the castle to the last room or unlocking the secret passage to have that mystery steal all the work and not be worth it.

Still needs some variation on the main themes, something feels off or like it just doesn’t fit the pin, but the monster tunes are great.

All in all, still loving it, though it would be nice to have the option to purchase an extra playfield, the front half gets tore up!

#444 4 years ago

bkerins and FawzmaGames here is the skillshot bugginess I was mentioning. 3rd ball. I hit the left ramp and locked ball one on skill shot, but did not trigger. The picture shows next I hit right ramp and cradle ball still without triggering the skillshot. I ended up missing the ramp and when the ball drained from upper playfield skillshot was cancelled out with no award given.

20190502_210230 (resized).jpg20190502_210230 (resized).jpg
#445 4 years ago

Come play Alice Cooper at Allentown Pinfest this weekend in the PinballSTAR booth !

Can’t make the show and interested in purchasing ? Email Joe at [email protected].

A9E83EFA-4928-4242-A474-A03392E6709C (resized).jpegA9E83EFA-4928-4242-A474-A03392E6709C (resized).jpeg4159C53F-3162-4E6B-B61D-1C4EC394ACC3 (resized).jpeg4159C53F-3162-4E6B-B61D-1C4EC394ACC3 (resized).jpeg
#446 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

bkerins and FawzmaGames here is the skillshot bugginess I was mentioning. 3rd ball. I hit the left ramp and locked ball one on skill shot, but did not trigger. The picture shows next I hit right ramp and cradle ball still without triggering the skillshot. I ended up missing the ramp and when the ball drained from upper playfield skillshot was cancelled out with no award given.
[quoted image]

I've also experienced a lot of bugginess with the skill shots not registering when made.

Also, the left orbit sometimes doesn't move me to a different room when it should (the arrow is lit, the shot is made, sound effects register but room change & room points don't register).

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

With the mystery award, I’ve literally never had anything other than “Advance to Monster”. There’s nothing worse than roaming the castle to the last room or unlocking the secret passage to have that mystery steal all the work and not be worth it.
Still needs some variation on the main themes, something feels off or like it just doesn’t fit the pin, but the monster tunes are great.
All in all, still loving it, though it would be nice to have the option to purchase an extra playfield, the front half gets tore up!

I agree on the mystery hole, all but one time have been adv2monster.

Regarding the PF. I have been waiting this out but it is easily my biggest concern/complaint.

The mystery VUK was originally so powerful that the ball would kick to the right flipper (just in front of). That has been turned down but there is a trail of ball dimples from the right flipper almost right up and back to the mystery hole. There is no mylar in this line of fire. The rest of the open area on the main PF has a lot of dimpling. Unfortunately you can't my mylar down now as there would be space where all of the dimpling is. It with look like mylar 'bubbling'.

Any PF purchase options should be available at cost (or better). There is no way this should come at a $1K USD cost.

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

The first mystery award always gives Monster, after that it is randomized. This is done to increase the number of times people reach monsters, and is inspired by the same sort of award in AFM, MM, and MB.

Definitely agree it is more useful to complete a full walk to the monster instead of just the last step! But knowing what is coming lets you prepare.

Suggestions always welcome, thanks!

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

The first mystery award always gives Monster, after that it is randomized. This is done to increase the number of times people reach monsters, and is inspired by the same sort of award in AFM, MM, and MB.
Definitely agree it is more useful to complete a full walk to the monster instead of just the last step! But knowing what is coming lets you prepare.
Suggestions always welcome, thanks!

Thank you for the insight, which also highlighted my inability to hit the mystery more than one time per game lol.

#450 4 years ago

@bkerins, it would be nice to add a sound along with the current light show when hitting bonus x target. And jackpot callouts, please.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 20.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.00
$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/9?hl=daveeb2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.