(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 160.
#4851 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Anyone changed the post rubber by the Change Monster targets?
I swapped out most of mine for glow Titans at the weekend but getting to that post looks like a nightmare job. And that rubber’s in tatters.

I did too as part of a complete swap-out to the glow-in-the-dark Titans. I removed the plastic and protector underneath on mine. It was a bit laborious, but I didn't want to risk breaking the plastic.

#4852 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I did too as part of a complete swap-out to the glow-in-the-dark Titans. I removed the plastic and protector underneath on mine. It was a bit laborious, but I didn't want to risk breaking the plastic.

Did you have to remove the guillotine to do that?

Must admit I found the first attempt pretty traumatic.
There's still a rubber under the castle side wall I haven't got to.
Worse, there's the old cliche of the left over screw, with no idea where it belongs

Oh well, these are issues for next weekend!

#4853 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Did you have to remove the guillotine to do that?
Must admit I found the first attempt pretty traumatic.
There's still a rubber under the castle side wall I haven't got to.
Worse, there's the old cliche of the left over screw, with no idea where it belongs
Oh well, these are issues for next weekend!

No need to remove guillotine! I also did the Titan GITD and it went easy. Do like dnapac said..

#4854 3 years ago

What does swapping out stock rubbers for Titans do you game play? I’m assuming it’s less floaty / bouncy... you guys that have done it, can you detail your experiences?

#4855 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What does swapping out stock rubbers for Titans do you game play? I’m assuming it’s less floaty / bouncy... you guys that have done it, can you detail your experiences?

Exactly what you assume. There is a ton of side to side movement in ACNC, and the ridiculously bouncy pinball life rubbers make it awful imo. I put on titan glows and immediately noticed the game being more controllable and fun to play. Every person I had over while the PBL rubbers were on commented negatively how bouncy the game was. I'm considering swapping out the posts to the cliffy poly sleeves. They are suppose to really hold up with lots of post hits.

#4856 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I'm considering swapping out the posts to the cliffy poly sleeves. They are suppose to really hold up with lots of post hits.

I have the cliffy post sleeves and love them. Also put them on my R&M.

#4857 3 years ago

I like the Titan rubbers the best as well. I have then on all my games now.

#4858 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Exactly what you assume. There is a ton of side to side movement in ACNC, and the ridiculously bouncy pinball life rubbers make it awful imo. I put on titan glows and immediately noticed the game being more controllable and fun to play. ...

Yep - the G-I-T-D Titans are definitely not as bouncy as the game's original rubbers.

I like 'em better!

#4859 3 years ago

I installed the update and the biggest issue I have is that when I start a new game, the skill shots light green as expected. However, when the ball is ejected into the shooter lane, the skill shots are cancelled and the game makes the same sound as if I had missed a skill shot. Anyone else seeing this?

#4860 3 years ago

Has anyone heard any sort of confirmation from Spooky that are working to address the various bugs?

#4861 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I installed the update and the biggest issue I have is that when I start a new game, the skill shots light green as expected. However, when the ball is ejected into the shooter lane, the skill shots are cancelled and the game makes the same sound as if I had missed a skill shot. Anyone else seeing this?

You have a switch acting up. Go into test mode, switches, and put a ball in the shooter lane, see what's reported. If nothing, try a vibration test, and see if anything reports.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Has anyone heard any sort of confirmation from Spooky that are working to address the various bugs?

Nothing from spooky. They didn't even post here letting us know 1.1.0.1 was ready.

#4862 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You have a switch acting up. Go into test mode, switches, and put a ball in the shooter lane, see what's reported. If nothing, try a vibration test, and see if anything reports.

Nothing from spooky. They didn't even post here letting us know 1.1.0.1 was ready.

I don't get it. They were so active in this thread. Then crickets.

#4863 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I don't get it. They were so active in this thread. Then crickets.

Rick and Morty

#4864 3 years ago

That’s what it seems like!

#4865 3 years ago

I'm waiting for the last software revision. They're pretty much finished making money off of us, except for parts and any addons (like the 'armor') they make now.

#4866 3 years ago

Eventually Spooky has to move on. ACNC is an incredible pin and the latest code really has elevated it. I hope for one more polish to the code, but I’m very happy with what they have given us. Yup, their attention has turned to R&M...completely expected. BTW, I did purchase the green black widow armor that Luke and Bug did. It looks awesome! I’ll post pics tomorrow. Yes it’s expensive and not for everyone, but neither is the butter cab....but I have that too and love it!

#4867 3 years ago

Installed the quiet fan last night. It is a huge improvement. A huge pain in the ass to install but really is worth it if that hum drives you as crazy as it did me.

#4868 3 years ago

Here are a couple pics of the green black widow armor and red lighted flipper buttons. Yup, not for everyone, but I think this looks awesome! In person, the green matches the green on the machine perfectly.

97DD280A-C020-4A5C-A1CA-372F38665A1F (resized).jpeg97DD280A-C020-4A5C-A1CA-372F38665A1F (resized).jpeg238FAC37-CEBF-4B1D-B4EA-44BCBF23F251 (resized).jpeg238FAC37-CEBF-4B1D-B4EA-44BCBF23F251 (resized).jpegC3DC1F91-AB46-4ACC-805E-E70FC675AE39 (resized).jpegC3DC1F91-AB46-4ACC-805E-E70FC675AE39 (resized).jpeg3CBA2087-8FC4-48BA-9151-41CDDFB49976 (resized).jpeg3CBA2087-8FC4-48BA-9151-41CDDFB49976 (resized).jpeg
#4869 3 years ago

Looks nice, but not for me. I don't like the art work around the buttons covered up.

#4870 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Looks nice, but not for me. I don't like the art work around the buttons covered up.

Apparently Alice is reaching into the Spider's .. ass? .. Or thorax. Or something.

#4871 3 years ago

I've been discovering more and more Alice Cooper songs lately since I've bought ACNC for on location!

No chance that "Sister Sara" can make it into another surprise code update SpookyCharlie ?!

#4872 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Quoted from Coyote:

Apparently Alice is reaching into the Spider's .. ass? .. Or thorax. Or something.

That’s how I feel too, I don’t want anything covering up the beautiful artwork on the butter cab. And it makes the drawings of Alice look a little awkward as it cuts off his arm. But I think the color looks great on the pin and works with the artwork on the sides, playfield and backglass.

#4873 3 years ago

I get the angst of covering up the art. That was one drawback I was worried about. It looks like Alice is reaching for the black widow to me. If you didn’t know a lever was under the lollipop, it wouldn’t be as much of an adjustment. It’s like R&M. The lollipop covers most of the megaseed tree top on the right cab, but it’s never been discussed because the lollipop has been there on every machine since the beginning. The green is really awesome, and the spider speaker covers look incredible. The light is more of a glow, since you can’t see the led strip. The different armor isn’t for everyone...but I love the look.

#4874 3 years ago

I have been less terrible this past week. I raised my flippers slightly to line up with the holes in the pf (Yeah those alignment holes) rather than parallel to the inlane Ball guides like i normally do. This was recommended to me by @coyote. HUGE difference. I used to find getting up either staircase stoopid difficult and even the orbits were a challenge. Now i’m hitting them more consistently, and no longer dread Alice or vampire modes. Basically that small adjustment made the game feel less tight and it flows a lot better now.

Made it to BDB. No, not just because I adjusted the flippers. I played a 4 player coop by myself. Don’t tell me you haven’t done that lol. Still a thrill to make it there. Had some wicked balls along the way and even left a few balls on the table. The proverbial table of course - not calling the game a table that use just irritates me haha.

Anyway just thought i’d share that tip.

#4875 3 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

I have been less terrible this past week. I raised my flippers slightly to line up with the holes in the pf (Yeah those alignment holes) rather than parallel to the inlane Ball guides like i normally do. This was recommended to me by coyote. HUGE difference. I used to find getting up either staircase stoopid difficult and even the orbits were a challenge. Now i’m hitting them more consistently, and no longer dread Alice or vampire modes. Basically that small adjustment made the game feel less tight and it flows a lot better now.
Made it to BDB. No, not just because I adjusted the flippers. I played a 4 player coop by myself. Don’t tell me you haven’t done that lol. Still a thrill to make it there. Had some wicked balls along the way and even left a few balls on the table. The proverbial table of course - not calling the game a table that use just irritates me haha.
Anyway just thought i’d share that tip.

So, you aligned the back edge of the flipper with the alignment hole?

I might make that adjustment... I also ordered some Titan rubbers to try and eliminate the bounciness of the game.

#4876 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I get the angst of covering up the art.

Like I said, it does look really nice. I wish I could see it for real! As long as you like it, that's all that matters. Most other people don't give a shit anyway. Modding is the best part IMO. Make it your own!

#4877 3 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

I raised my flippers slightly to line up with the holes in the pf (Yeah those alignment holes) rather than parallel to the inlane Ball guides like i normally do.
I played a 4 player coop by myself. Don’t tell me you haven’t done that lol.

Weeeeell Doggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting this! I'm going to try adjusting the flipper like this. I need some relief. I just can't play better enough to actually get to BDB. And I never did the 4 player co-op mode. I was too stubborn! But I will now!

*** How exactly did you adjust them??

#4878 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So, you aligned the back edge of the flipper with the alignment hole?
I might make that adjustment... I also ordered some Titan rubbers to try and eliminate the bounciness of the game.

Yes i aligned the back edge without rubbers to that hole. I have this metal stabby thing i’m pretty sure was originally intended to use to truss a turkey. it fits in those holes perfectly, but a round toothpick would work to.

I had previously installed Titans on the flippers and found it made an improvement in terms of ball control. I have left the rest of the rubbers as is though. If i get to the point i find the game too easy (bwahahaha) i will put the PBL ones back on.

#4879 3 years ago

Can anyone shed some light on the way items work? If you enter a certain room and the tower light is lit (on the backboard) does that mean there's an item in the room and you collect it by hitting the vampire target? I swear sometimes that's blinking, I hit it and nothing happens. Other times I hit it when blinking and collect a weapon. The only weapon I've ever actually saw confirmed collected is the dynamite which appears on the screen when fighting the monster. It shows up in a comic speech bubble saying you only need one shot to kill. I've collected scissors and a chainsaw as well but when I get to the monster, it doesn't appear in that speech bubble, yet the perk of the weapon seems to be active when fighting the monster.

#4880 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Can anyone shed some light on the way items work? If you enter a certain room and the tower light is lit (on the backboard) does that mean there's an item in the room and you collect it by hitting the vampire target? I swear sometimes that's blinking, I hit it and nothing happens. Other times I hit it when blinking and collect a weapon. The only weapon I've ever actually saw confirmed collected is the dynamite which appears on the screen when fighting the monster. It shows up in a comic speech bubble saying you only need one shot to kill. I've collected scissors and a chainsaw as well but when I get to the monster, it doesn't appear in that speech bubble, yet the perk of the weapon seems to be active when fighting the monster.

Refer to this chart:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/96#post-5663041

#4881 3 years ago

Thanks for the link. That definitely helps with finding the weapons but I'm more interested in learning how they're collected and used. Why is it that the dynamite shows up on screen when fighting a monster but other weapons I've collected do not show up? Example...I've collected dynamite and it shows up on screen when fighting zombie but I've also collected the chainsaw on a previous game and it does not show up on screen when fighting zombie.

#4882 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Thanks for the link. That definitely helps with finding the weapons but I'm more interested in learning how they're collected and used. Why is it that the dynamite shows up on screen when fighting a monster but other weapons I've collected do not show up? Example...I've collected dynamite and it shows up on screen when fighting zombie but I've also collected the chainsaw on a previous game and it does not show up on screen when fighting zombie.

They’re collected by hitting the drac target, and, as the chart shows, certain weapons are activated when battling specific monsters.

#4883 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

It's not possible to collect an item that isn't usable on the current monster. I think a few of the monsters are missing the display that you have the item, but the effect is still there.

#4884 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's not possible to collect an item that isn't usable on the current monster. I think a few of the monsters are missing the display that you have the item, but the effect is still there.

They need to fix this so it always shows up!

#4885 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

They need to fix this so it always shows up!

This whole monster/item thing is not very well implemented. There should be a fallout associated with it, telling you how it can be used, or when it’s used.

It’s too cryptic.

#4886 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Here are a couple pics of the green black widow armor and red lighted flipper buttons. Yup, not for everyone, but I think this looks awesome! In person, the green matches the green on the machine perfectly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What kind of floor sliders are you using on the feet of your games? I'm using Magic Sliders but the sliders are starting to come off the adhesive backing, so I'm looking for something else.

#4887 3 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

What kind of floor sliders are you using on the feet of your games? I'm using Magic Sliders but the sliders are starting to come off the adhesive backing, so I'm looking for something else.

I've used these for years... work great:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHDXCRR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#4888 3 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

These

https://pinballpro.net/shop/pinball-leg-leveler-caster/

I love them.

#4889 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This whole monster/item thing is not very well implemented. There should be a fallout associated with it, telling you how it can be used, or when it’s used.
It’s too cryptic.

The item is *automatically* used when you get to the monster. There is a small announcement on the display that will say something like, "TNT, Starting at Wave 3!".

#4890 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

The item is *automatically* used when you get to the monster. There is a small announcement on the display that will say something like, "TNT, Starting at Wave 3!".

Right, but an announcement on the screen really should be a callout. An excited callout when you pick up the item... a callout when you use the item. Would give it more of a vibe, but would actually make everything make more sense. As it sits, these are fairly major to the game, but their existence and use minimally acknowledged.

#4891 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Right, but an announcement on the screen really should be a callout. An excited callout when you pick up the item... a callout when you use the item. Would give it more of a vibe, but would actually make everything make more sense. As it sits, these are fairly major to the game, but their existence and use minimally acknowledged.

There should be an animation+sound effect at least when you pick up an item, but often they get overridden with other screen effects since the target is also used for frank MB, etc.

Really needs an icon once you've picked up an item too, to tell you the item is ready

#4892 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

There should be an animation+sound effect at least when you pick up an item, but often they get overridden with other screen effects since the target is also used for frank MB, etc.
Really needs an icon once you've picked up an item too, to tell you the item is ready

Yes. It needs better integration.

#4893 3 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

If you mean feet to prevent sliding and protect floor then these..

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-silicone-leg-leveler-casters-set-of-4.html

#4894 3 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

Thanks for the tips and links, everyone!

#4895 3 years ago

Those are the same I use on my games.. But I use those only on the front feet, on the back feet i use magic sliders. Plastic ones for the games on carpet, and felt ones for the games on hardwood/vinyl floors.. That way you can slide games out to work on them alot easier..

#4896 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

That way you can slide games out to work on them a lot easier..

Cool!
I wish I had enough machines for this to be an issue! As it is, I have them spaced far enough apart to not be.

#4897 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Here are the ring sizes and number if anyone wants them. I'm going to try glow in the dark Titans for the first time on this game.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Silkenone:

Luke at Spooky sent me this list:
Flipper rubbers
Post Sleeve-6
3/8"OD-2
3/16"-5
5/16"-4
1"-3
1 1/2"-5
2"-2
2 1/2"-2

Quoted from KingPinGames:

10x - 3/8" Bumper Post Rings
2x - 2-1/2" Rubber Rings
This is for the lower slings. 2” or 2-1/4” can be used to further minimize the risk of balls
getting stuck behind these slingshot rubbers.
3x - 2" Rubber Rings
1x - 1-1/4" Rubber Ring
5x - 1" Rubber Rings
3x - 1-1/16" Thin (Stern Compatible) Rubber Post Sleeves
1x - 5/16" Bumper Post Ring
2x - 3/8" OD Mini Post Rubbers
2x - Flipper Rubber - Standard Size – Purple
1x - Flipper Rubber - 1" Mini Size – Red
This is the current list that I have. Mostly the same.

I'm so confused. None of the rubber maps seem accurate or agree with each other.

The one Luke sent the person a while back was clearly taken from an owner's post, and the one posted by Kingpin Games and is in the manual is very different (3x post sleeves is nowhere near 6x post sleeves, and when I look at the machine I can clearly see 4x post sleeves). And neither of those match what is in the Titan kits database, and none of the ones in the Titan kits database seem to match each other either.

This is nuts, the manufacturer doesn't have an accurate list of rubbers in their game, and nobody can seem to agree what's there and what isn't?

I'll be opening my game tonight to make my own list, I am just in disbelief that there's so much conflicting/missing information on what should be pretty simple.

#4898 3 years ago

Be curious to see what you find.
Per this post: https://beta.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/82#post-5488497
Titan_Pinball 's "Verified" sticker means absolutely f*cking nothing, as it's still 'modified' and changed as per the set's owner's whim.

I want to replace the rubbers on mine too, and once you post your list, I'm curious to compare it to my game.

#4899 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Be curious to see what you find.
Per this post: https://beta.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/82#post-5488497
titan_pinball 's "Verified" sticker means absolutely f*cking nothing, as it's still 'modified' and changed as per the set's owner's whim.
I want to replace the rubbers on mine too, and once you post your list, I'm curious to compare it to my game.

Yeah i think “verified” is by anyone else who agrees with the list. Kinda like My Fitness Pal where nutritional info can be verified and still look nothing like the label..

I’m thinking of ordering up some post rubbers so i can continue to improve on my “Post Champion” and “ Brick Champion” scores

#4900 3 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Yeah i think “verified” is by anyone else who agrees with the list. Kinda like My Fitness Pal where nutritional info can be verified and still look nothing like the label..
I’m thinking of ordering up some post rubbers so i can continue to improve on my “Post Champion” and “ Brick Champion” scores

Just ordered titans for RM and ACNC. Went with the kits...will see how it goes...I typed in Buffalo and got 10 percent off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 300.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/98?hl=calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.