(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 161.
#4801 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Hmph, right after collecting some handy dynamite, my upper flipper just died. Doesn’t fire in coil test either.
Hmph.
Edit: My first ever soldering job - success!

That’s what the dynamite does!

(Not really.)

#4802 3 years ago

Dang. Apparently, plenty of bugs to be squashed yet. And I'm not talkin' 'bout the Insects mode!

#4803 3 years ago

This has been my go to game for a while. Never gets old.

So excited to get R&M to make my row of Spookiness...TNA/ACNC/RM

#4804 3 years ago

Is there an option to turn only the music down?
Asking for a friend...

#4805 3 years ago

I freakin LOVE this game. Just experienced some shit i have never seen before. Activated Frankenstein’s Monster coming out of another mode, his some bonuses. Lights went bitchin blue, hit ramp lock, lab bonus’s or something went crazy, constant electic arcing noises and chaos....incredible...bra-freakin-vo...

#4806 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Is there an option to turn only the music down?
Asking for a friend...

No, sadly. At this time, the setting doesn't actually change the music's volume.

#4807 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

No, sadly. At this time, the setting doesn't actually change the music's volume.

Can you choose/custom edit the songs?

#4808 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Can you choose/custom edit the songs?

No, sadly. And I doubt they'll ever let us do that...

#4809 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

No, sadly. And I doubt they'll ever let us do that...

I just want the Black Widow
I mean, she’s right there in the middle of the backbox..

#4810 3 years ago

http://shop.spookypinball.com/-Alice-Cooper-Widow-Armor-Kit_p_36.html

What do you guys think of the new armor option?

Little too pricey for me.

#4811 3 years ago

Expensive, and the color seems far too 'bright' for such a game. The blue used for the upgrade options was slightly too garish for me, IMHO.

#4812 3 years ago

I still like the standard armor with lighted eyeball grills the best.

#4813 3 years ago

Thinking it might be interesting to see that Widow armor in a black similar to AFMLE but too dark?

#4814 3 years ago

I think the armor looks pretty sweet and I dig the bright green. I think lighted red flipper buttons would look amazing...IMHO.

#4815 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Well, I finally figured out how to resize and print this file. Using Paint.net (best free image editor) requires a plugin to achieve this. Without it, it'll resize in editor but prints out the wrong size.
Latest version of plugin here ... https://forums.getpaint.net/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17048
* Make sure to view the Readme.txt for installation and usage.
* More info here *
https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/28520-print-it-tools-effect/

Pictures are at the right size when U keep the ratio and put its to 300 dpi (instead of 72 : internet image)

#4816 3 years ago

SIZE (resized).JPGSIZE (resized).JPG

POUCES MEANS INCH

#4817 3 years ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

[quoted image]
POUCES MEANS INCH

Nope. Doesn't work with Paint.net. You need the plugin.

#4818 3 years ago

Recently joined the club but I have one issue I'm hoping you guys can help me out with. My drop target #2 fails every time in test mode. It will reset fine but will not drop on its own. The wires are all still attached to the small coil that controls the drop.

Any idea where to start with diagnosis for this?

IMG_1530 copy.jpgIMG_1530 copy.jpg
#4819 3 years ago

Finally was able to play with new update last night but ran into a few questions and feel I'm a bit rusty on the game rules...
1) I hit the upper playfield "KEEP OUT" sign knocking it down and then shot a ball up that shot but it's as if the game didn't recognize the ball was up there and started searching for the balls. Eventually it raised the gate by Frank and let the ball out once it cycled through the game looking for it. It seems like I've had this happen before several times but since I haven't been playing it for awhile I forget to inquire about this error.
2) The 2 X targets on the upper playfield appear lit solid at times. Is the goal to roll the ball over the X when it's lit or unlit? I haven't quite figured that out and it's hard to look up at the display while in the middle of game.
3) I did cut off both the bottom and top resistors to see if I could improve magnet save function. I then disabled the resistor in the game menu but haven't seen any difference in lower magnet. Last night it caught the ball 2 different times and both times it just seemed to drop the ball and then a new ball was relaunched just like a new ball start. Am I missing something to make it throw the ball back onto the playfield?
4) What was the top resistor for? Is there a magnet near the top of the playfield and if so what is it's function?

#4820 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Finally was able to play with new update last night but ran into a few questions and feel I'm a bit rusty on the game rules...
1) I hit the upper playfield "KEEP OUT" sign knocking it down and then shot a ball up that shot but it's as if the game didn't recognize the ball was up there and started searching for the balls. Eventually it raised the gate by Frank and let the ball out once it cycled through the game looking for it. It seems like I've had this happen before several times but since I haven't been playing it for awhile I forget to inquire about this error.
2) The 2 X targets on the upper playfield appear lit solid at times. Is the goal to roll the ball over the X when it's lit or unlit? I haven't quite figured that out and it's hard to look up at the display while in the middle of game.
3) I did cut off both the bottom and top resistors to see if I could improve magnet save function. I then disabled the resistor in the game menu but haven't seen any difference in lower magnet. Last night it caught the ball 2 different times and both times it just seemed to drop the ball and then a new ball was relaunched just like a new ball start. Am I missing something to make it throw the ball back onto the playfield?
4) What was the top resistor for? Is there a magnet near the top of the playfield and if so what is it's function?

1) adjust your frank lock switches, there is a key post here with a video explanation.
2) go through unlit lane to light both X collect at lower right stand up
3) try different patterns and check game pitch
4) upper magnet grabs ball at start of monster modes

#4821 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Recently joined the club but I have one issue I'm hoping you guys can help me out with. My drop target #2 fails every time in test mode. It will reset fine but will not drop on its own. The wires are all still attached to the small coil that controls the drop.
Any idea where to start with diagnosis for this?
[quoted image]

Check that the release coil is *trying* to drop the target. If you hear it attempt, then do a search on here, there was a video posted - a part of the drop target needs to be bent back in place. There was a video posted many pages back about how to do this. A few people - myself included - purposefully stretched the spring out to lighen the pressure on the latch.

If you do NOT hear the release relay trying to fire, it's a wiring or coil issue. Check wires to the coil, etc.

#4822 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Check that the release coil is *trying* to drop the target. If you hear it attempt, then do a search on here, there was a video posted - a part of the drop target needs to be bent back in place. There was a video posted many pages back about how to do this. A few people - myself included - purposefully stretched the spring out to lighen the pressure on the latch.
If you do NOT hear the release relay trying to fire, it's a wiring or coil issue. Check wires to the coil, etc.

It's definitely not even trying to drop the target. I hear nothing. Wires are not broken off the coil. Does anyone know what board these drop coil wires go to so I can check for a loose connection?

#4823 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

1) adjust your frank lock switches, there is a key post here with a video explanation.
2) go through unlit lane to light both X collect at lower right stand up
3) try different patterns and check game pitch
4) upper magnet grabs ball at start of monster modes

Is this the correct video?

#action=share

#4824 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Is this the correct video? #action=share

no sorry i guess it wasnt part of the key posts, check out post #2338 by spookyluke it has the video for the switch arm

#4825 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I got my multimeter out to check voltage at the small #2 drop coil. In drop test mode, I get no voltage when that coil fires. I then tested the #1 drop coil the same way and #1 does register as getting voltage. I also have wire continuity from the coil to the backbox. I believe it’s the upper left PROC board, correct?

#4826 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I got my multimeter out to check voltage at the small #2 drop coil. In drop test mode, I get no voltage when that coil fires. I then tested the #1 drop coil the same way and #1 does register as getting voltage. I also have wire continuity from the coil to the backbox. I believe it’s the upper left PROC board, correct?

When the coil is resting - not trying to be powered, you should get ~48v on **BOTH** coil lugs.
When the coil is pulsed - when it is told to try and drop the target - the SMALLER wire will 'drop' to ground.

If you're not getting any voltage on either lug, then the coil is not getting it's 48v.

(This is important to know, because yu wanna trace the right wire. )

#4827 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

When the coil is resting - not trying to be powered, you should get ~48v on **BOTH** coil lugs.
When the coil is pulsed - when it is told to try and drop the target - the SMALLER wire will 'drop' to ground.
If you're not getting any voltage on either lug, then the coil is not getting it's 48v.
(This is important to know, because yu wanna trace the right wire. )

Ok, so I had my multimeter on the wrong setting. Early morning pinball repairs are tough. lol.

Anyways, I tested the lugs and they are both registering 48 volts. I’m guessing this means a board issue? This is such a bummer.

#4828 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Ok, so I had my multimeter on the wrong setting. Early morning pinball repairs are tough. lol.
Anyways, I tested the lugs and they are both registering 48 volts. I’m guessing this means a board issue? This is such a bummer.

I had a similar problem with two of the drop target switches, upper PF and lower #2 drop. Working with Chris at Spooky we were able to work out the two switches were broken. Got a couple of new ones sent out and after replacing switches have been 100 % since. All the wires were good to both switches and they were receiving power.

#4829 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I had a similar problem with two of the drop target switches, upper PF and lower #2 drop. Working with Chris at Spooky we were able to work out the two switches were broken. Got a couple of new ones sent out and after replacing switches have been 100 % since. All the wires were good to both switches and they were receiving power.

The switch that registers drop target 2 as “down” is working correctly according to when I put the game in switch test mode. When the drop target is down, it activates the switch.

#4830 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

The switch that registers drop target 2 as “down” is working correctly according to when I put the game in switch test mode. When the drop target is down, it activates the switch.

Ok. For me in test, switches wouldn’t register when manually pushed with my finger. Was told to short out the switch using pliers to see if it registered in test which it did. Looks like your issue is different.
Hope you find the cause soon cheers

#4831 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Anyways, I tested the lugs and they are both registering 48 volts. I’m guessing this means a board issue?

Not necessarily, though likely. Since you're getting the coil power, we just need to make sure that the driver isn't getting to the coil, and your coil's not bad. Easy tests..

If your multimeter has a 'buzzer', or continuity test, put it on that, and put one lead on the driver wire (the thin one), and one on the metal strapping in the cabinet. In coin test, get that coil to fire repeatedly. When it is SUPPOSED to fire, your multimeter should buzz every time the driver tries to fire the coil. (Note: Verify that your multimeter is high-impedance. If it is not, you could blow out the meter, or blow the 48v fuse supplying power to the coils.)

Barring that, check that the coil is good by manually grounding the driver wire yourself. Take a wire, connect one end to the coil's lug that has the small wire, and quickly lightly touch the other end to the same ground strap. The coil should try to move. If it does not, coil is bad.

Note that these testing procedures are pretty much the same for ANY solid-state pinball game. (Of course, there are exceptions out there.)

#4832 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Not necessarily, though likely. Since you're getting the coil power, we just need to make sure that the driver isn't getting to the coil, and your coil's not bad. Easy tests..
If your multimeter has a 'buzzer', or continuity test, put it on that, and put one lead on the driver wire (the thin one), and one on the metal strapping in the cabinet. In coin test, get that coil to fire repeatedly. When it is SUPPOSED to fire, your multimeter should buzz every time the driver tries to fire the coil. (Note: Verify that your multimeter is high-impedance. If it is not, you could blow out the meter, or blow the 48v fuse supplying power to the coils.)
Barring that, check that the coil is good by manually grounding the driver wire yourself. Take a wire, connect one end to the coil's lug that has the small wire, and quickly lightly touch the other end to the same ground strap. The coil should try to move. If it does not, coil is bad.
Note that these testing procedures are pretty much the same for ANY solid-state pinball game. (Of course, there are exceptions out there.)

THANK YOU for this in depth description of how to diagnose. I've done both tests. I am not getting any continuity when testing the #2 reset. I do get continuity when testing #1 reset. I then manually grounded the #2 coil and it did fire. So, looks like a board issue. Damn! Is this a board issue that can be repaired by replacing a component on the board or do I need to buy an entire new board? I know how to solder and have replaced components before on my other games.

#4833 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Exactly this. Its a glaring over-sight that its missing. Any other song could be replaced with it and I'd be alright with it, tho I have my preferences. Or better yet the "Insect Creature" could have been the Black Widow even tho I do enjoy "Little Things". Maybe for that fight its "Little Things" during the squishing of the bugs but the boss fight switches to the Black Widow monster and song.

Its not happening tho because: licensing music

#4834 3 years ago

Poison is another song that could have been worked into the game very easily. But I am happy with all of the songs that are included.

#4835 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

THANK YOU for this in depth description of how to diagnose. I've done both tests. I am not getting any continuity when testing the #2 reset. I do get continuity when testing #1 reset. I then manually grounded the #2 coil and it did fire. So, looks like a board issue. Damn! Is this a board issue that can be repaired by replacing a component on the board or do I need to buy an entire new board? I know how to solder and have replaced components before on my other games.

It's a PD-16 from P-Roc. If you can find schematics, you could likely find the proper transistors to replace. If your game's still under warranty, I would contact Spooky if your game's under warranty. Otherwise, maybe drop Multimorphic an email, and see if they can point you in the right direction.

#4836 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Thinking about it.. we *DO* have the fly now..

#4837 3 years ago

I agree on Poison (my favorite AC song) not a fan of Black Widow. They could play the songs after the mode song is played out. So it don’t need any other modes.

#4838 3 years ago

I finally got my speaker panel decal and coin door stickers from the printer - thank goodness businesses are opening up again! Here's a couple poor-quality phone pics...I'll post some shots of these on my machine, after I install them this weekend.

coind door stickers (resized).jpgcoind door stickers (resized).jpgspeaker panel (resized).jpgspeaker panel (resized).jpg
#4839 3 years ago

What do you guys think is gonna happen With the mystery lock? Obviously now it’s not really random. But as you advance you do see some pretty exciting things that might be in the horizon (go to jail, battle Igor, tilt next player, and battle mummy). Does anyone know anything about this? They sound super cool!

#4840 3 years ago

Does anyone have a link where I could download one of the updates prior to V1.1? Thanks in advance

#4841 3 years ago
Quoted from CurtDR:

Does anyone have a link where I could download one of the updates prior to V1.1? Thanks in advance

What version are you wanting?

#4842 3 years ago

Had a lot of fun playing Alice again today at a friend's house. That was my go to game between league games and I must be a pretty good player because I can make the shots just fine - granted they are a little tighter than most games. Loved nailing the orbits. Was able to beat Igor, Drac and the Zombie in one game.

A favorite shot is skill shot into the crypt and the hitting the next ball into the drop target. Two shots right off the bat when starting a game into a multiball.

#4843 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

I finally got my speaker panel decal and coin door stickers from the printer - thank goodness businesses are opening up again! Here's a couple poor-quality phone pics...I'll post some shots of these on my machine, after I install them this weekend.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Here's how it looks installed. I ordered a few extras, so if someone wants one you can PM me.

ACNC Speaker Panel (resized).jpgACNC Speaker Panel (resized).jpgNightmare Coin Door (resized).jpgNightmare Coin Door (resized).jpg
#4844 3 years ago

That looks incredible! Are you selling these? If so, send me a PM with details and price. Thanks

Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

Here's how it looks installed. I ordered a few extras, so if someone wants one you can PM me.

#4845 3 years ago

Just got my ACNC back together this evening with a fresh coat of powder courtesy of @robertstone0407. Great work yet again on this!

61CB49A2-D382-40AF-BC71-833BB9B11107 (resized).jpeg61CB49A2-D382-40AF-BC71-833BB9B11107 (resized).jpeg5EEB1BD6-43C7-4C0D-A6B5-84B63982C1EC (resized).jpeg5EEB1BD6-43C7-4C0D-A6B5-84B63982C1EC (resized).jpeg10E750B8-2BC5-46FA-A3C7-5BCDEC61A591 (resized).jpeg10E750B8-2BC5-46FA-A3C7-5BCDEC61A591 (resized).jpeg9494826B-A07B-4382-A89E-FD0CD7797891 (resized).jpeg9494826B-A07B-4382-A89E-FD0CD7797891 (resized).jpeg
#4846 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

looks great

#4847 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

What version are you wanting?

Any one that Spooky posted on their website prior to Ver 1.1 would be great. I just want to roll it back to see if I am having a software or mechanical issue.

#4848 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

Met ArcadeVideo tonight and these are outstanding! The artwork is bang on and the quality, fit and finish is exceptional. Feeling very fortunate to live in the same city! Couple pics after putting on my machine.

IMG-20200615-WA0020 (resized).jpgIMG-20200615-WA0020 (resized).jpgIMG-20200615-WA0021 (resized).jpgIMG-20200615-WA0021 (resized).jpgIMG-20200615-WA0022 (resized).jpgIMG-20200615-WA0022 (resized).jpgIMG-20200615-WA0025 (resized).jpgIMG-20200615-WA0025 (resized).jpg
#4849 3 years ago

Anyone changed the post rubber by the Change Monster targets?
I swapped out most of mine for glow Titans at the weekend but getting to that post looks like a nightmare job. And that rubber’s in tatters.

#4850 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Anyone changed the post rubber by the Change Monster targets?
I swapped out most of mine for glow Titans at the weekend but getting to that post looks like a nightmare job. And that rubber’s in tatters.

I did. Can’t remember exactly, but I think I just needed to take off the from of the castle and remove the nuts on the plastic above the post. I was able to lift the plastic up enough to slide the post rubber off and replace it with a better one. Just be a little careful with the plastic, but they are pretty pliable. Took less that 5 minutes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.