(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 161.
#4601 3 years ago

Anyone seeing the machine not being able to start back up when shut down? Everything is fine with update when playing but now if I shut the machine off and turn back on it won't boot up. Gets to the spooky pinball image and immediately goes back to trying to start up again over and over again. Re-download the update again works straight from there yet shut down to test again and same thing happened wont complete the boot up anyone?

#4602 3 years ago

The Alice/Brundel Fly is now in my nightmares.

#4603 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

They do.
This is --- V1.1.0.1
Last was - V1.0.0.0

Last version was 1.1.0.0, but it's not on the file name. The game is currently programmed only to look for the exact name, so there can't be any version in the file name. Would be nicer if it would search for anything starting with the file name and having the right extension

#4604 3 years ago

Did anyone else have a problem with the new code correctly starting a multi-player coop game?

#4605 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Also, special still says Normal. WTF does that mean? No option to set it for extra ball - unless that's what Normal means?

"Normal" means,, "Do whatever Replay is set to.". I thought I mentioned this a while back.

#4606 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Anyone seeing the machine not being able to start back up when shut down? Everything is fine with update when playing but now if I shut the machine off and turn back on it won't boot up. Gets to the spooky pinball image and immediately goes back to trying to start up again over and over again. Re-download the update again works straight from there yet shut down to test again and same thing happened wont complete the boot up anyone?

Your MPU may have file-system corruption. There's ways to reset it, I would contact Spooky - after trying to flash with a different flash-drive (if you haven't already)..

#4607 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

- My Danesi lock is going crazy. When a new ball is put into the shooter lane, the drop target will keep going up and down. So in one way it's easy street, I can just stand there and watch the game reward me a skill shot then a crypt multiball, but yeah, obviously it's not supposed to do this. Not sure if a glitch with the code or something mechanical on my machine, but this is the first time it's been happening. Happens about 50% of the time a new ball is put in the shooter lane.

When this happens next time, go into Test Mode - Switches. See what is reporting as closed. Or open/closed.

#4608 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Your MPU may have file-system corruption. There's ways to reset it, I would contact Spooky - after trying to flash with a different flash-drive (if you haven't already)..

Left game on over night and shut down for a reboot and all is well? I had created a different flash drive incase but wanted to see what would happen as is, and all seems fine this morning for no other reason than leaving game on for 8 hrs. Any idea why? I will wait and see if occurs again before bothering Spooky. Cheers and thanks for your help!

#4609 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Left game on over night and shut down for a reboot and all is well? I had created a different flash drive incase but wanted to see what would happen as is, and all seems fine this morning for no other reason than leaving game on for 8 hrs. Any idea why? I will wait and see if occurs again before bothering Spooky. Cheers and thanks for your help!

Really odd. Maybe a temperature thing. Possible a loose wire - I've seen in the past where if the MPU/software cannot talk to the Servo controller, it will reboot. Maybe being on that long helped the connection somehow. Without the logs of the boot process, it's difficult to tell. But - go play it!

#4610 3 years ago

So what exactly do these weapons/items addition do for the game or the modes?

#4611 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

So what exactly do these weapons/items addition do for the game or the modes?

The three I've seen so far all just made the mode shorter/easier to finish. Zombie required only one hit, Igor skipped to the third phase

#4612 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The three I've seen so far all just made the mode shorter/easier to finish. Zombie required only one hit, Igor skipped to the third phase

Are the weapons random acquisitions in any given room? How are they dealt out?

#4613 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Are the weapons random acquisitions in any given room? How are they dealt out?

As per my previous post:

Quoted from Coyote:

Ballroom, Alice: Jacket
Ballroom, Insect: Zapper
Parlor, Vampire: Pool Cue
Parlor, Wolf: Shotgun
Dungeon, Zombie: Chainsaw
Dungeon, Igor: Whip
Conservatory, Pit Creature & Alice: Shears
Conservatory, Wolf: Wolfsbane
Kitchen, PitCreature: Salt
Kitchen, Vampire: Garlic
Labratory, Ethyl: Formaldehyde
Labratory, Zombie: Dynamite
Library, Ethyl: Cross
Library, Igor & Insect: Book

#4614 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

As per my previous post:

But how do you acquire them? If you go into the ballroom for example, do you automatically get one of the weapons/items each time you visit/complete that room?

#4615 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

But how do you acquire them? If you go into the ballroom for example, do you automatically get one of the weapons/items each time you visit/complete that room?

Shoot the Vampire target.

It will be flashing white when an item is available.

#4616 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Shoot the Vampire target.
It will be flashing white when an item is available.

Is there anything that qualifies them to be available for collection?

#4617 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Is there anything that qualifies them to be available for collection?

As far as I know, no - you have to be in that room, with that monster locked in.

#4618 3 years ago

Just had a good hour on it - none of the bugs I came across (not the in-game ones) last night showed themselves!

#4619 3 years ago

Played around on the new update for an hour. Two things:
1. Advance to monster showing as advance 2 rooms on screen.
2. Left scoop not always triggering during pit creature search mode. Works fine in tunnel mode.

#4620 3 years ago

Went to my mates yesterday and played this really enjoyed the new code. Had an absolute monster game (pun intended) a third of my scorecame from werewolf (I think) 300mil. The tight shots were interesting but damn frustrating.

#4621 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I'd like the progressive difficulty increase as an additional option like the previous existing easy medium and hard
Easy
Medium
Hard
Progressive

Yes, give us this! Don’t take away options... everyone plays differently. An update is supposed to add to the game not take away options people are using.

#4622 3 years ago

I just wanted to chime in that I'm not experiencing any of the issues that others have posted. Resetting, standups, kickouts, etc. I also have a much later build. Not sure if those a correlation between you guys or not.

#4623 3 years ago

Played 3 games with new code. Had a hard reset on a replay during bug mode in the middle of a ball. Also trapping a ball on the left flipper during multi ball brought up the status report which was interesting.

New shaker motor integration is awesome. Love the idea of the timed tools but I don’t believe they “mean” much more than one time points. Fun game but I expect another Code iteration pretty quickly

I also believe that the ball launch after a lock is counting as a “traveled room” but I could be wrong.

#4624 3 years ago

I haven't had any reset issues either. The code is definitely starting to feel more polished now. Animations are smoother, call outs integrated well, etc.

#4625 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I hope someone does a stream on this update. I'd watch it. I know I'm missing a ton.

Late to the party, but we steamed it. Http://twitch.tv/WhatTheFlip

#4626 3 years ago

Not code related but hoping that someone can help.

I only have a few games in on the new code which looks to be a great update so far but I still have an issue with the audio crapping out with certain sounds. The hurry up for instance starts to crackle and goes to near full distortion by the end. There are many other examples but you might get the idea.

Ours is a very early build so the settings were likely changed over time not sure about hardware though. What is recommended for settings?

#4627 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Not code related but hoping that someone can help.
I only have a few games in on the new code which looks to be a great update so far but I still have an issue with the audio crapping out with certain sounds. The hurry up for instance starts to crackle and goes to near full distortion by the end. There are many other examples but you might get the idea.
Ours is a very early build so the settings were likely changed over time not sure about hardware though. What is recommended for settings?

Sounds like you need to adjust your anp, down in the cabinet. Your bass may be turned up too much.

OR, your game's volume (using the volume buttons on the coin door) is too high, because the amp in the cabinet is too low.

What is your game's volume set at?

#4628 3 years ago

Since updating, I’ve noticed that when the game goes into ball search that afterward if I drain the game doesn’t detect that the ball drains and goes into another ball search, and the ball drain going into ball search goes on indefinitely. Had this happen twice. Once it went into ball search after I hit the lab lock 2 quickly after I knocked down the ball 2 lock drop, and the other was when the ball got hung up on the Danesi lock. The rest of the matches were fine. Enjoying the new code.

#4629 3 years ago

Another weird occurrence with Cold Ethyl...
Started mode, ball dropped from upper playfield into crypt and locked, then I got the Ball Saved animation on display??? Then game continued on fine.

#4630 3 years ago

Anyone have the voice cut out at the end of a game?

"Yep, you're......"

#4631 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone have the voice cut out at the end of a game?
"Yep, you're......"

This was a bug in the last update that hasn't been fixed yet.

#4632 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Sounds like you need to adjust your anp, down in the cabinet. Your bass may be turned up too much.
OR, your game's volume (using the volume buttons on the coin door) is too high, because the amp in the cabinet is too low.
What is your game's volume set at?

I've gone in now and tried to turned everything down and it is much better now. I've adjusted these before but this seems even better now. Kind of silly on my part for not focusing on this.

Have to get to work but will get some games in tonight. Thanks for responding!

#4633 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I've gone in now and tried to turned everything down and it is much better now. I've adjusted these before but this seems even better now. Kind of silly on my part for not focusing on this.
Have to get to work but will get some games in tonight. Thanks for responding!

Good to hear. Mine came from the factory pretty spot-on-adjusted. I made a small tweak to the final amp because of where I have my game - hard walls, needed to turn the highs down some. But yeah, overloading the amp will cause staticness.

#4634 3 years ago

Hey everyone! So I’ve noticed that’s there’s not items for every monster early on. It seems on first balls there’s items for zombie and Igor. Is that the new strategy ? Start with certain monsters first?

#4635 3 years ago

Unrelated to the code update, my test firing boards are in for my personal mod! And they fit!

IMG_20200514_123952.jpgIMG_20200514_123952.jpgIMG_20200514_124137.jpgIMG_20200514_124137.jpg
#4636 3 years ago

Help!!! I went to turn on my game today and now the game won’t boot up! I get a screen that says “scanning for boot loaders; please wait....” SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE!!!

#4637 3 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Help!!! I went to turn on my game today and now the game won’t boot up! I get a screen that says “scanning for boot loaders; please wait....” SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE!!!

Call Spooky.

#4638 3 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Help!!! I went to turn on my game today and now the game won’t boot up! I get a screen that says “scanning for boot loaders; please wait....” SOMEBODY HELP P

Your MPU is pretty much dead, sadly. Something happened to the RAM disk in the CPU, and it can't boot. Spooky can send you a new CPU, or a file to reflash your CPU. If they CAN'T (dont ever see that happening), let me know.

#4639 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Unrelated to the code update, my test firing boards are in for my personal mod! And they fit![quoted image][quoted image]

Are these for flipper LEDs? Do tell!

#4640 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Are these for flipper LEDs? Do tell!

Oh, duh., I forgot to say.
Yup. RGB LED board for the flipper buttons. Clear buttons needed, of course. But, this version is made to connect up to the 12v feed that feeds the lighted speaker panel. Some wiring will be needed to connect them up, which I will tackle after I place my order to populated boards.

#4641 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Hey everyone! So I’ve noticed that’s there’s not items for every monster early on. It seems on first balls there’s items for zombie and Igor. Is that the new strategy ? Start with certain monsters first?

That seems to be how it goes right now. Haven't been able to figure out exactly what makes the difficulty increase so you can see other rooms

#4642 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

That seems to be how it goes right now. Haven't been able to figure out exactly what makes the difficulty increase so you can see other rooms

You need to get through 3 or 4 monsters before getting to the Medium setting/next set of rooms.

#4643 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You need to get through 3 or 4 monsters before getting to the Medium setting/next set of rooms.

Get through as in play? or defeat

#4644 3 years ago

I haven't installed the new code yet. Is it stable enough to install?

#4645 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I haven't installed the new code yet. Is it stable enough to install?

Yes. no reason not to.

#4646 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Get through as in play? or defeat

Play. But since you can't time out a monster, you'll have to beat one or two to get that far.

#4647 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

So for those of you with ball save magnet issues with the ball grabbing, hovering, then draining like mine was, here is the definitive fix:
Remove the resistor that is inline with the magnet! After doing this all patterns work for me and throw the ball differently (I have the resistor setting turned on). Awesome effect now with the ball launching back up into play, I love it!

Thanks a lot to Spooky support!
I had tried all of the following with no success before reaching out to them:
- New carbon steel balls (to ensure they were not magnetized)
- Added the pinball life magnet core plastic
- Ensured 7 degree playfield pitch
- Ensured latest code (V1.1.0.0 as of this posting)
- Checked all pattern/resistor settings combinations

Well damn, I didn't realize the magneato save was supposed to throw the ball back onto the play field. It happened a couple times very early on but never again, so I thought it was a fluke! I checked and my machine does not appear to have resistors near the magnets, like in the video you linked.

I don't mind reaching out to Spooky support, but if you or anybody else has specific tips to check out, I'm all ears! (New balls, 7deg play field pitch, latest code, checked all pattern settings...not sure about resistor settings, is that a separate setting? Also not sure about the magnet core plastic?)

#4648 3 years ago

My magnet save works about 75% of the time on the original setting. Is there a way to get to 100% ? Coyote? lol you seem to be the man here as far as repairs and adjustments !

#4649 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

My magnet save works about 75% of the time on the original setting. Is there a way to get to 100% ? Coyote? lol you seem to be the man here as far as repairs and adjustments !

75% isn't too bad, sadly. The issue with the magnet is two-fold:
1. First, and foremost, there's no switch to tell the game when the ball is *off* the core, so the game is just using a set timer delay to pulse the magnet. If for some reason the ball does not roll down enough when that pulse hits, the ball won't be thrown.
2. The other issue is due to metal-on-metal friction, which is why the plastic disk for the magnet core helps - it prevents this friction, helping the ball start to roll down some.

#4650 3 years ago

My magnet save works 100% on pattern 2. Sometimes gets half way up the playfield, sometimes 3/4, but never drops it. On the default pattern 1 it was like 30%

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 300.00
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/93?hl=thewombat2430 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.