(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 161.
#4551 3 years ago

What size is the file? My home computer is slow as hell.

#4552 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

How did you know? I haven't found anything yet?

The screen showed it. Found it on one of the upper playfield shots then, when Igor started, it was shown in a box on screen that said it would be available on round 3. Then I drained (probably because I was looking at the screen too much )

#4553 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Finally got it downloaded. There was an error on my first attempt.
Some cool new graphics and some lights appear to be different colors. I like the changes. I completed a mode and in doing so the whole thing turned bright red. Caught me off guard. Not sure if that was supposed to happen or if I've never really noticed it before, but I loved it.
When Cold Ethyl was selected -- not started -- there was a bee with her face on it flying around the screen. Very cool.
I like the bonus X graphics too.
I think I found an error? Not sure though. I completed Pit Creature and then during the jackpot shot the 3 green arrows the function during round 1 of put creature were glowing.

OK so I was wrong about the bee flying around. It's not Ethyl, it's Alice Cooper, and it happens either randomly or... I dunno. You're supposed to hit the center targets to kill him. I was too busy reading/looking around and I missed my chance at it.

Started Frankenstein. HOLEY S*&T! The whole game goes NUTS! Crazy blue with the electric zapping, awesome graphics, wow! LOVED IT! I can't wait for more of that.

So far it feels like a whole new game. This isn't just a tiny little update. Wow!

Oh and I think I got one of those awards too. I started Igor and it was already on Round 3. I saw on the screen that I had won that by collecting an item (from what I gather). Very cool.

#4554 3 years ago

I hope someone does a stream on this update. I'd watch it. I know I'm missing a ton.

#4555 3 years ago

Just noticed some dynamite in the lab, on the way to the zombie. Failed to collect it.
Light show does seem even nicer.
New Ethyl countdown sound, when ball is relocked in crypt, is immense!

I am spotting a few bugs (I never spot bugs). Had two balls launch (a first for me) and one game went from Ball 3 to Ball 1.

Still, this is looking awesome.

#4556 3 years ago

On my 3rd attempt to download. I keep getting errors and the download stops. 2nd try got up to 1.1 gigs before it stopped, so don't know how big it is, but pretty big. It will download eventually, but typical "just released" slowdowns for the downloading without any mirror sites.

#4557 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

On my 3rd attempt to download. I keep getting errors and the download stops. 2nd try got up to 1.1 gigs before it stopped, so don't know how big it is, but pretty big. It will download eventually, but typical "just released" slowdowns for the downloading without any mirror sites.

It seems we all got off work with the same idea in mind haha. I'm getting the same thing. How large is the file?

#4558 3 years ago

Think it was around 1.3

#4559 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

It seems we all got off work with the same idea in mind haha. I'm getting the same thing. How large is the file?

I'm on my 3rd orange crush since I started downloading.
I'm gonna play like shit once this is complete.

#4561 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I'm at 1.2! Co'monnnn baby!

Same.

Funny. Same as my bac.

#4562 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Same.
Funny. Same as my bac.

I'm 1.1 need to drink more and upgrade my connection speed

#4563 3 years ago

I just keep getting this. I don’t remember having any trouble with the last code update.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4564 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Well, so far I’ve found a whip - to use on poor Igor I think. Then I drained.

As a big Alice Cooper fan I can say the only time I've seen him use a whip was during the song Go to Hell. But that doesn't probably mean anything. But if it does, its for the Pit Creature...

#4565 3 years ago

Nevermind...I am an idiot. Too excited to get the code loaded that I never moved from the download folder to the jump drive

#4566 3 years ago

I just got an error at 1.3 and download stopped. MF'r

#4567 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Just noticed some dynamite in the lab, on the way to the zombie. Failed to collect it.
Light show does seem even nicer.
New Ethyl countdown sound, when ball is relocked in crypt, is immense!
I am spotting a few bugs (I never spot bugs). Had two balls launch (a first for me) and one game went from Ball 3 to Ball 1.
Still, this is looking awesome.

Interesting. I swear I played 4 or 5 balls one game myself, but though I may have just been excited to try the new stuff out. Then I saw this and maybe it did happen. It might has been the first game in since update....

#4568 3 years ago

Got to 1.3 and failed. Fuck

#4569 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Got to 1.3 and failed. Fuck

Pour a tall one and start over?

#4570 3 years ago

Good thing is I figured out why I was downloading slow.
Grabbed a screen shot of the error the 2nd time..

20200512_192331 (resized).jpg20200512_192331 (resized).jpg
#4571 3 years ago

Got mine loaded up. Happy flipping you ghoulish group of basement dwellers!

#4572 3 years ago

Dammit - just got a jar of formaldehyde to battle Ethyl...and then started Frank instead. Stoopid!

#4573 3 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

As a big Alice Cooper fan I can say the only time I've seen him use a whip was during the song Go to Hell. But that doesn't probably mean anything. But if it does, its for the Pit Creature...

I’m pretty sure the weapons relate to whatever monster you’ve got locked in at the time.

#4574 3 years ago

Side note: My mag-neat-o thingy broke after the previous update. It works flawlessly now.

#4575 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Good thing is I figured out why I was downloading slow.
Grabbed a screen shot of the error the 2nd time..[quoted image]

You're also downloading it as a (1) at the end. You need to delete the older update named the same as this one. Its somewhere on your computer which is why it is adding the (1) to the file package.

Search for "ac-gamepackage " whatever and delete any instances and then redownload making sure there is not a (1) at the end.

#4576 3 years ago

For the record, I cheated. Here's the items available and from where:

Ballroom, Alice: Jacket
Ballroom, Insect: Zapper
Parlor, Vampire: Pool Cue
Parlor, Wolf: Shotgun
Dungeon, Zombie: Chainsaw
Dungeon, Igor: Whip
Conservatory, Pit Creature & Alice: Shears
Conservatory, Wolf: Wolfsbane
Kitchen, PitCreature: Salt
Kitchen, Vampire: Garlic
Labratory, Ethyl: Formaldehyde
Labratory, Zombie: Dynamite
Library, Ethyl: Cross
Library, Igor & Insect: Book

Also, this here:

General - Easy/Medium/HArd removed. Get now progressively gets harder

NO. For fuckin' sake, I do NOT WANT anything easier than 'hard'. OR, if I have friends over, let me force it to 'easy'. Jeesus. It's okay making it harder over the course of a game, but let me set the beginning difficulty.

If anyone is still having issues downloading, grab a copy here:
http://tsqmadness.com/ac-gamecode.pkg

#4577 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

For the record, I cheated. Here's the items available and from where:

Also, this here:

NO. For fuckin' sake, I do NOT WANT anything easier than 'hard'. OR, if I have friends over, let me force it to 'easy'. Jeesus. It's okay making it harder over the course of a game, but let me set the beginning difficulty.

I'd like the progressive difficulty increase as an additional option like the previous existing easy medium and hard

Easy
Medium
Hard
Progressive

#4578 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I'd like the progressive difficulty increase as an additional option like the previous existing easy medium and hard
Easy
Medium
Hard
Progressive

Good, I like!

#4579 3 years ago

I like how the upper playfield post goes down in modes now. That was annoying when I was playing the Alice Cooper mode with the guillotine. It was my biggest complaint in the game when I played, according to my wife... "Damn Drop Target!"

Not an issue anymore!

#4580 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

You're also downloading it as a (1) at the end. You need to delete the older update named the same as this one. Its somewhere on your computer which is why it is adding the (1) to the file package.
Search for "ac-gamepackage " whatever and delete any instances and then redownload making sure there is not a (1) at the end.

Got it. Thanks.

#4581 3 years ago

Really could use a HUD element to show if you have an item... Half the time I collect them another animation overrides it and I have no way of telling whether I've got one...

Are they always on the back target? The three I found all were. Seems repetitive

Quoted from Silkenone:

Are you seeing these on the screen somewhere? Ive only known what I got after collecting it...

Quoted from Silkenone:

Dammit - just got a jar of formaldehyde to battle Ethyl...and then started Frank instead. Stoopid!

Any idea what room you were in?

Quoted from Coyote:

I agree, this change is absolutely awful. The only rooms I'm ever seeing are the lab and dungeon now, even after playing four monsters. I sat there for multiple games trying to find all the items, but you can't get them since they're in the earlier rooms, which are always skipped! Makes no sense. The set difficulty option really needs to come back, but on top of that there needs to be some way to go to different rooms when you're on the easy difficulty, otherwise half the monsters are useless

#4582 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Really could use a HUD element to show if you have an item... Half the time I collect them another animation overrides it and I have no way of telling whether I've got one...
Are they always on the back target? The three I found all were. Seems repetitive

Are you seeing these on the screen somewhere? Ive only known what I got after collecting it...

I agree, this change is absolutely awful. The only rooms I'm ever seeing are the lab and dungeon now, even after playing four monsters. I sat there for multiple games trying to find all the items, but you can't get them since they're in the earlier rooms, which are always skipped! Makes no sense. The set difficulty option really needs to come back, but on top of that there needs to be some way to go to different rooms when you're on the easy difficulty, otherwise half the monsters are useless

TNT and formaldehyde are in the lab, on the table. Jar is more to the left, with a leach or something in it (at least that is what I assume this is so someone correct me if I am wrong) and the TNT is on the right and is partially obscured by the center logo thingy that counts what ball you are on, etc.

#4583 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yes, you can see them in the room.
Formaldehyde and dynamite were in the lab.
Whip was in dungeon.

#4584 3 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

TNT and formaldehyde are in the lab, on the table. Jar is more to the left, with a leach or something in it (at least that is what I assume this is so someone correct me if I am wrong)

That jar is always there. Another jar labelled formaldehyde appears.

#4585 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yeah, this is the biggest issue I ran into while cheating - I had to trick the game a couple times be shooting balls (with my hands) to get to the other rooms on all the monsters. (Which meant a LOT of restarting a game after taking notes.)

So in Easy mode, at the start of the game, you'll only be able to get the Dungeon and .. Lab, I think? Anything trhat's in there. So, make sure you have one of those monsters dialed-in before shooting the orbit.

I didn't record where they appear, though - is that important?

#4586 3 years ago

Haven't seen it mentioned here or on Spooky's site, is it alright to install this latest update if I haven't done 1.1.0.0 from Feb. 4 yet? I assume so since it isn't mentioned, just want to be sure.

#4587 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Haven't seen it mentioned here or on Spooky's site, is it alright to install this latest update if I haven't done 1.1.0.0 from Feb. 4 yet? I assume so since it isn't mentioned, just want to be sure.

Yes. You'll be fine.

Unrelated, is it just my game, or are the ramp light effects slow as molasses in January? Like, during Alice?

#4588 3 years ago

After playing for over an hour, I can safely say the code is a big improvement. Well done Fawzma and Spooky crew. I did notice that I hit the secret passage during a werewolf while it was green and it played the audio for hitting a red shot.
It remained lit green. I hit it next shot and it counted normally. Could be just a fluke.

#4589 3 years ago

I love this game.

#4590 3 years ago

I also think the new code is awesome but will echo the wishes that progressive should be an option in the menu so you can still have it set on hard. I hate starting a game and not being able to travel all of the rooms.

#4591 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I also think the new code is awesome but will echo the wishes that progressive should be an option in the menu so you can still have it set on hard. I hate starting a game and not being able to travel all of the rooms.

I agree on this. It’s also still an issue to burn the magna save when the standard ball save is lit. To me it should only shut off the standard and the magna should remain lit

#4592 3 years ago

Thanks for the update, Spooky crew! Appreciate the love this game is still getting to make it even better.

#4593 3 years ago

OK, I just got burned!
Started Cold Ethyl and was collecting the Jackpots. After about the 4th or 5th jackpot it crashed! Never heard the falling audio tone at all. Never had this happen before the update. This was the best Cold Ethyl round I ever had too.

#4594 3 years ago

Download File size is 1.27 GB

#4595 3 years ago

Also, special still says Normal. WTF does that mean? No option to set it for extra ball - unless that's what Normal means?

#4596 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Why do they not change the name for each update or version so it doesn't screw people up?

#4597 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This!

#4598 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Why do they not change the name for each update or version so it doesn't screw people up?

They do.

This is --- V1.1.0.1
Last was - V1.0.0.0

#4599 3 years ago

Enjoying the update. Only about 6-7 games so far but I like how it plays, the new animations, definitely a lot snappier overall. Seems like the lighting has changed as well (for the better) but I can't put my finger on how. But as I said above, I didn't do the previous update, so maybe some of this was there already.

Two problems though:

- The game still resets after game over or after high score initials entered. The backglass goes dim, the LCD goes dark, and Alice's closing line is cut off after a word or two. Happens 100% of the time.

- My Danesi lock is going crazy. When a new ball is put into the shooter lane, the drop target will keep going up and down. So in one way it's easy street, I can just stand there and watch the game reward me a skill shot then a crypt multiball, but yeah, obviously it's not supposed to do this. Not sure if a glitch with the code or something mechanical on my machine, but this is the first time it's been happening. Happens about 50% of the time a new ball is put in the shooter lane.

#4600 3 years ago

Quoted from VALIS666:

Two problems though:
- The game still resets after game over or after high score initials entered. The backglass goes dim, the LCD goes dark, and Alice's closing line is cut off after a word or two. Happens 100% of the time.
- My Danesi lock is going crazy. When a new ball is put into the shooter lane, the drop target will keep going up and down. So in one way it's easy street, I can just stand there and watch the game reward me a skill shot then a crypt multiball, but yeah, obviously it's not supposed to do this. Not sure if a glitch with the code or something mechanical on my machine, but this is the first time it's been happening. Happens about 50% of the time a new ball is put in the shooter lane.

I'm not having these problems. Contact Spooky!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 210.00
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 300.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.